BASSONG or ASSOU-EKOTTO

aintaclue

Re: BASSONG or ASSOU-EKOTTO

Which player would you have? What is their potential and what do you think the next rating change will be?

At the moment...

Bassong is at 86 and plays CB/LB

Assou-Ekotto is at 87 and plays LB

Bassong easily. Both should reach 88 in the coming changes. Bassong is a fairly good player and arrived at Newcastle with a good name and he played quite well despite their relegation. Assou-Ekotto hasn't been good in the previous seasons but he has improved this season. I'll still rather go for Bassong though tbh. :) Now that Bassong has opted to play for Cameroon over France, he should gain more NT exposure. ;)

I disagree....

Bassong is below King, Woodgate, and Dawson in the pecking order and has been starting due to injuries to these three. He was signed as long term cover rather than to start ahead of these.

Assou-Ekotto hasn't been good in the previous seasons but he has improved this season

He was Spurs fan's "most improved" player last season so his consistently good form is not a new thing. He is also our starting player at LB; there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him.

I like Bassong, he has started reasonably well, but I think Benoit is more important to the team.

Will be interesting to see how SM review them both.

I disagree....

Bassong is below King' date=' Woodgate, and Dawson in the pecking order and has been starting due to injuries to these three. He was signed as long term cover rather than to start ahead of these.

He was Spurs fan's "most improved" player last season so his consistently good form is not a new thing. He is also our starting player at LB; there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him.

I like Bassong, he has started reasonably well, but I think Benoit is more important to the team.

Will be interesting to see how SM review them both.[/quote']

Bassong may have started the campaign below King, Woodgate & Dawson but in my opinion he must be at least edging ahead of Dawson with his early season performances.

Plus all three of those players (well King and Woodgate especially) are out injured so often that Bassong is virtually guaranteed to start at worst 1 in every 2 games. Everyone knows King can at best play 1 game per week, Woodgate is a splendid talent but again has glass legs and for me Bassong has moved firmly ahead of Dawson in the pecking order. Dawson was benched v. stoke at the weekend (came on for the again injured woodgate!) and Bassong started, same thing happened the week before at Portsmouth with Bassong in the Spurs backline partnering King.

Ledley King 89 (but should go to 88 - not an international (due to injury) Spurs not in europe)

Jonathan Woodgate 89 (again should go 88, injuries have meant limited match time, not in europe, again not an international at present - due to injuries)

Michael Dawson 87 (not an international, not played regularly but may keep this rating for now).

Bassong has to be at least an 88 (just for the games he's featured in for Spurs) and now that he has decided to play for Cameroon that can only improve his prospects. I wouldn't worry about competition as due to the health of the other CB's at Spurs Bassong is bound to feature regularly. Indeed I would not be suprised if he plays more games than any other Spurs CB this season.