Should Aaron Hunt be in the england team

closey

Re: Should Aaron Hunt be in the england team

I don't have a problem with this idea but I don't think Capello likes it. He has been asked about Almunia playing for England and he didn't really give a positive answer. My question would be: is Aaron Hunt good enough for the England team? I do not watch enough of Werder Bremen to say if he is or not. Darren Bent probably would not be too happy either if they call up a German instead of him.

1. Can't see it happening.

2. I fail to see what he could give the team? He wouldn't get anywhere near the squad for me.

Whats his links anyways? I can only see England doing this to somehow annoy Germany? I doubt they wouldn't be too bothered anyway.

His mom is english and his dad is german

He never, never ever will play for England. Yes, his mother is English, but he grew up in Germany, learned playing football here, played regularly for the German youth teams, and about 2 weeks ago, his name was also forwarded by Jogi Löw, so he might get a call-up to the friendlies this month already.

And btw, I really do rate this player, if he wasn't so plagued by injuries by now, he'd been getting the attention he deserves much earlier. And btw, he'd be useful for England, his German descent should mean he'd be one to score penalties.

It wont happen. Biologically, he might be 50% English, but mentally I'm sure he's as German as they come. Now if the proverbial boot was on the other foot, how many English footballers do you know who would ever consider representing Germany? :rolleyes:

It would be nice to have another option up front though. The current generation isn't exactly blessed with talent in that area... and Hunt is certainly a better player than the likes of Heskey, Carlton Cole, Bent, Crouch, Agbonlahor etc. So tactical choices aside, Hunt should walk into the squad.

I'd also have no objections to him being called up. Unlike previous players the media have brought to our attention (Cudicini, Almunia etc), this guy does have English blood. No 'live here for a few years and suddenly you become English' in Hunt's case.

But of course, Capello isn't going to waste his time trying to persuade a German who wants to play for his own country to change his mind and play for England. Think about what it would do to the morale of the strikers that DO want to play for us... not a good idea this close to a World Cup.