Sign in to follow this  
swanseajack

Swansea City V Cardiff City - Match Discussion Thread

This is the match discussion thread for the games between Cardiff City and Swansea City. To avoid flooding the forum, i will post back on this thread in future matches.

Next Game:

Swansea City V Cardiff City

Liberty Stadium

Saturday 7th November 2009

12:45

Sky Sports 1

Swansea City team news:

Serran is back from injury, whilst Monk is fully fit. Allen is back to match fitness, whilst Gower had to be subbed after 39 minutes against Shorpe.Dobbie unlikely to feature as he's not seemed fully fit since his injury way back at the start of February, with Bouza still injured

Likely Line Up

De Vries

Rangel - Monk© - Williams - Tate

Britton

Dyer - Pratley - Allen - Van Der Gun

Beattie

Cardiff City team news:

Cardiff have problems up front, with Chopra suspended, Bothroyd doubtful and Mccormack awaiting his fait in court today for a drink driving offence. Stephen Mcphail was injured during the Forest game and was subbed after just 26 minutes, highly doubtfull for saturdays game.

Likely Line Up

Marshall

Quinn - Hudson© - Gerrard - Kennedy

Rae

Matthews - Ledley - Burke

Mccormack Feeney

My Prediction

Swansea 2 - 0 Cardiff

Beattie

Trundle

Re: Swansea City V Cardiff City - Match Discussion Thread

Looking forward to this one, I am starting to believe that the score will be 1-1 but Burkey boy and Whittingham will be hungry for goals.

Come On City!!

Looking forward to this one' date=' I am starting to believe that the score will be 1-1 but [b']Chopra[/b] and Whittingham will be hungry for goals.

Chopra suspended - 5 yellow cards

+ i believe Swansea will keep a cleansheet for ease

hopefully beattie can get his 4th goal in 5 games and will of won the game :P

Chopra suspended - 5 yellow cards

+ i believe Swansea will keep a cleansheet for ease

hopefully beattie can get his 4th goal in 5 games and will of won the game :P

TBH I can only see a Cardiff win.

Will McCormack be fit?He was on the subs bench against forest last night and against Palace.

Also I support Man U but go to a few Cardiff games.

TBH I can only see a Cardiff win.

Will McCormack be fit?He was on the subs bench against forest last night and against Palace.

Also I support Man U but go to a few Cardiff games.

McCormack is fit, but was in court today over a drink driving offence

any cardiff fans now how it went???

McCormack is fit' date=' but was in court today over a drink driving offence

any cardiff fans now how it went???[/quote']

He's not in court until the 9th.

McCormack is fit' date=' but was in court today over a drink driving offence

any cardiff fans now how it went???[/quote']

When he came Vs Palace (15 mins)You could see that he was a set above.Burke and Whitty are also awesome.

Not impressed by Ledley and Chopra so far either

When he came Vs Palace (15 mins)You could see that he was a set above.Burke and Whitty are also awesome.

Not impressed by Ledley and Chopra so far either

t.b.h' date=' whittingham's had a great season so far

Chopra has scored some goals but Ledley has done terrible, made no impact what so ever V Nottingham Forest and you forget that Cardiff have turned down 5-6 million bids for him

[*](maybe it's because he's not worth it, (just a hint)

t.b.h' date=' whittingham's had a great season so far

Chopra has scored some goals but Ledley has done terrible, made no impact what so ever V Nottingham Forest and you forget that Cardiff have turned down 5-6 million bids for him

[*](maybe it's because he's not worth it, (just a hint)

I meant I'm imprresed with Whittingham McCormack and Burke.

Ledley like you say has been ineffective as has Chopra.

Thats from the two games i have watched this season.

(Palace and Forest

People forget Ledley's work-rate. He is a fighter as well as being depended on for playmaking. He's not had a terrible season. He is an amazing player and just because his name isn't in lights every week doesn't mean he's playing bad. I question how much people have seen of him when they say he's been bad.

Of course Chopra is having a bad season, he's only the top scorer in the division. :rolleyes:

People forget Ledley's work-rate. He is a fighter as well as being depended on for playmaking. He's not had a terrible season. He is an amazing player and just because his name isn't in lights every week doesn't mean he's playing bad. I question how much people have seen of him when they say he's been bad.

Of course Chopra is having a bad season' date=' he's only the top scorer in the division.[/b'] :rolleyes:

Not saying he's always like this but when I've watched him he's been inaffective.Nothing against him just that Bothroyd has always played Decent/Well and Chopra hasn't.

Ledley has been average.His work rate hasn't been exceptional.Slightly above Gavin Rae but not as high as McPhail who is all over making tackles.He came off with an injury but he will be playing I think.

On to Swansea ;)

De Vries on incredible form, as if tate and williams at the back, Monk as usual is mr. consisitant although i haven't seen him since he's come back from injury. Rangel is not at his best but still our first choice right-back over young Jazz Richards.

Allen, Pratley and Britton are all fit in the midfield, i can't believe it :rolleyes:. Eventually they're all fit which means we're certain to be playing a 4-5-1 formation. Dyer's had 2 consecutive sub appearances, why:confused:, because we can afford to rest our best players :rolleyes:(we're not barcelona) (can see the similarities though;)),Van Der Gun is on the back of a goal aswell but Gower is unlikely to play with an injury.

Beattie's on top form upfront, with Dobbie not playing for a while. Trundle can definatly make an impact as a sub, but i'm not sure about Pintado.

Not saying he's always like this but when I've watched him he's been inaffective.Nothing against him just that Bothroyd has always played Decent/Well and Chopra hasn't.

Ledley has been average.His work rate hasn't been exceptional.Slightly above Gavin Rae but not as high as McPhail who is all over making tackles.He came off with an injury but he will be playing I think.

I don't think you know what your on about.

He came off with an injury but he will be playing I think.

Not likely' date='

CARDIFF City are nursing a king-size derby headache today as Michael Chopra and Stephen McPhail are both OUT of Saturday’s showdown at Swansea City.

And Jay Bothroyd is battling against injury to be fit for the clash at the Liberty Stadium.

Bluebirds manager Dave Jones discovered just an hour after their 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest last night that Chopra would miss the trip to Swansea – and not the match at Barnsley later this month.

Source=WalesOnline

Not likely' date='

Source=WalesOnline[/quote']

Wow TBH it looked like just a knock.I thought they were being careful with the derby ahead.As for Bothroyd i didn't think he was injured.Scored a goal too.

discovered the injury after the match' date=' was playing through pain[/quote']

Ah Right.Would have to be Feeney and McCormack up front.Unless someone else is coming back from injury?

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins is feeling a bit left out in deepest darkest West Glamorgan.

While Cardiff bask in the media spotlight with a fourth appearance on live TV this season so far and a 5th already scheduled for December, this will be the first time that Swansea have been selected (and only then because Cardiff are involved).

The Welsh Assembly, The Millennium Centre, The Millennium Stadium are fixtures of the Capital that rankle the locals down Swansea way. Radio Wales and The Western Mail are seen as local media to Cardiff.

There has always been a feeling in Swansea that Cardiff get everything. What about the beauty that surrounds them with places like the Gower and it's fabulous coastline. Swansea itself has it's own bay, marina and waterfront developments but instead of championing themselves the place is obsessed with moaning about Cardiff.

Jenkins this time is talking about the way that his club is overlooked by the media, locally and nationally.

"I have been watching Swansea for 35 or 40 years and we've always been overlooked," he told the Swansea paper The South Wales Evening Post.

"Unless we win the Championship by 25 points and then break into the top four in the Premier League, we are going to get overlooked for most things.

"It doesn't matter what we do down here, people will find a reason to overlook us.

"I am talking about our media coverage, on the television and in the papers, both nationally and in Wales.

"Quite often we don't get a mention and that always seems to have been the case."

Come on Swansea, stop moaning about what you haven't got and talk up what you have got. Maybe I'm complacent because I'm from Cardiff but I don't spend all my time worrying about what Swansea might have or might do. It seems though that what's happening in Cardiff is near the front of the minds of many Swansea folk.

Maybe if Swansea win on Saturday they will see the positives in their City. I imagine if Cardiff are victorious any pro Cardiff thoughts the locals might have in Swansea will be locked away forever.

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins is feeling a bit left out in deepest darkest West Glamorgan.

While Cardiff bask in the media spotlight with a fourth appearance on live TV this season so far and a 5th already scheduled for December' date=' this will be the first time that Swansea have been selected (and only then because Cardiff are involved).

The Welsh Assembly, The Millennium Centre, The Millennium Stadium are fixtures of the Capital that rankle the locals down Swansea way. Radio Wales and The Western Mail are seen as local media to Cardiff.

There has always been a feeling in Swansea that Cardiff get everything. What about the beauty that surrounds them with places like the Gower and it's fabulous coastline. Swansea itself has it's own bay, marina and waterfront developments but instead of championing themselves the place is obsessed with moaning about Cardiff.

Jenkins this time is talking about the way that his club is overlooked by the media, locally and nationally.

"I have been watching Swansea for 35 or 40 years and we've always been overlooked," he told the Swansea paper The South Wales Evening Post.

"Unless we win the Championship by 25 points and then break into the top four in the Premier League, we are going to get overlooked for most things.

"It doesn't matter what we do down here, people will find a reason to overlook us.

"I am talking about our media coverage, on the television and in the papers, both nationally and in Wales.

"Quite often we don't get a mention and that always seems to have been the case."

Come on Swansea, stop moaning about what you haven't got and talk up what you have got. Maybe I'm complacent because I'm from Cardiff but I don't spend all my time worrying about what Swansea might have or might do. It seems though that what's happening in Cardiff is near the front of the minds of many Swansea folk.

Maybe if Swansea win on Saturday they will see the positives in their City. I imagine if Cardiff are victorious any pro Cardiff thoughts the locals might have in Swansea will be locked away forever.[/quote']

:D What a load of old pap, Swansea's chairman sound bitter much? They took plenty of plaudits last season when they played attractive, attacking football under Martinez. I'd suggest the reason they've not got on TV this season is because rather then choose to continue that philosophy they've hired a very pragmatic manager who is very much defensively minded, which doesn't create a very watchable spectacle.

Sorry I must be blind.

You openly admitted you only watched two games, even iv seen him more than that thiss eason. Two games and your brandishing a player ineffective ?

. . . . .If ineffective is scoring goals, scoring more goals than anyone else in the division i wish, prey and hope to god that Gabby Agbonlahor is the prems most ineffective striker !