Sign in to follow this  
swanseajack

Swansea City V Cardiff City - Match Discussion Thread

Re: Swansea City V Cardiff City - Match Discussion Thread

Come on the Jacks. Gutted' date=' down my mothers and she has not got sky so I am missing the game, anyone tell me if it is any good? and who is playing better?[/quote']

so sorry that you missed the game,

just got back, was the best swansea-cardiff derby of all time

And it's that time of year again

:D

The Jacks meet the Bluebirds once again, a week today in what will be yet another epic debut (Again on Skysports)

Swansea go into the game off form, whilst Cardiff are flying and have picked up a lot of points recentley.

League Table

4. Cardiff, P. 39, Pts. 62

5. Swansea, P. 40, Pts. 62

Boy it's tight going into the game :o

Both sides have players coming back to full fitness, although Swansea managed to loan in David Edgar when it was needed whilst Cardiff are stuck in a Transfer Embargo.

My Prediction:

Cardiff 0 - 1 Swansea

Trundle

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/young_and_perry_set_for_derby_day_return_512503/index.shtml

After the recent downfall of our Centre half's, Scott Young and Jason Perry are set to enter Cardiff's team for the derby game this Saturday! More in the link above. :o:eek:

Great news for Swansea,

Likely line ups!

Swansea:

De Vries

Rangel Edgar Williams Tate

Britton

Cotterill Allen Pratley Van Der Gun

Kuqi

Cardiff:

Marshall

Matthews Perry Young McNaughton

McCormack Rae Mcphail Whittingham

Chopra Bothroyd

(Correct me if i'm out a little Chazza :o)

Well it looks weak in Cardiff's point of view, out's and doubts:

Kevin McNaughton - Recovering Injury - Slight Doubt

Kelvin Ethuhu - Injury - Doubt

Paul Quinn - Injury - Doubt

Anthony Gerrard - Injury - Doubt

Darcy Blake - Injury - Doubt

Mark Kennedy - Injury - Out

Chris Burke - Injury - Out

Mark Hudson - Injury - Out

Joe Ledley - Injury - Out

Gabor Gypes - Suspension - Out

I actually got you SwanseaJack. :D:cool:

:o

Well it's 1-1 half time,

Swansea have been the slightly better team despite taking a while to settle into the game.

Got the deserved goal with some dreadfull keeping from Marshall, but then as usual with Cardiff - Long ball, flick on, Chopra finish, against the run of the play.

Pintado's been poor, Kuqi or Trundle might get you goal if they come on. As for Cardiff Capaldi looks terrible as usual and Matthews is looking shakey at right-back. McCormack, Bothroyd, Chopra & Whittingham are dangerous, but Rae and McPhail look a bit out of it.

:( Kuqi should have scored' date=' Chopra did :(

Chazza will give his word about it, but that's enough from me untill we beat them in the play-offs[/quote']

If you make the play-offs. Blackpool are very close and with a much better goal difference than you, although Leicester seem more likely of relinquishing their play-off position than Swansea do, what with their current form.

If you make the play-offs. Blackpool are very close and with a much better goal difference than you' date=' although Leicester seem more likely of relinquishing their play-off position than Swansea do, what with their current form.[/quote']

Swansea will definitely make the play-offs! If we have more points than 18 other Championship teams after 46 games.

Hey guys, saw the match. Got to say I'm gutted (as a Swansea City supporter) but also have to say that they were two great goals to be fair and it was a great game.

I just have one question perhaps somebody could shed some light on this for me; as I can't work it out.

We renewed Lee Trundle's contract and yet he hasn't been given any time off the bench since. He's always named as a sub and yet never gets put on.

Kuqi, while a very physical player, has not been impressing in terms on the number of goals scored. He's played 962 mins with only 3 goals. Trundle on the other hand has scored 5 goals in the 466 mins Swansea have afforded him.

What's this all about?

Cheers

There was loads of empty seats in the home end!

Swansea will make the play-offs' date=' Sheff. Utd away is the only tricky fixture out of our final 5. We've got Shorpe at home on Easter Monday.[/quote']

they can not fill the stadium to the max because of police reason excellent win for us today best part about that game other than the second goal was darcey blakes when he stood on pratleys nee very nasty it looked at the time thow

Hey guys' date=' saw the match. Got to say I'm gutted (as a Swansea City supporter) but also have to say that they were two great goals to be fair and it was a great game.

I just have one question perhaps somebody could shed some light on this for me; as I can't work it out.

We renewed Lee Trundle's contract and yet he hasn't been given any time off the bench since. He's always named as a sub and yet never gets put on.

Kuqi, while a very physical player, has not been impressing in terms on the number of goals scored. He's played 962 mins with only 3 goals. Trundle on the other hand has scored 5 goals in the 466 mins Swansea have afforded him.

What's this all about?

Cheers[/quote']

I honestly don't know. Kuqi's a good player, i don't have any complaints about playing him. He's one of our best players at the minute.

But i don't get why Sousa plays Pintado over Trundle. Pintado can't score, doesn't look dangerous and doesn't have any pace over Trundle. Trundle could of been our Chopra today, stuck one in the back of the net and reversed the scores.

Good to see a couple more Swans fans on here though, as i seem to be on my own most of the time

To be honest, I don't have much to say, I'm happy we won, and I think I'll leave it at that.

Just have a few points to add, Swansea were the better side, I have no doubt about that, we didn't show anything in the second half and in all honesty a draw would have been the fairest result.

We've beaten the Swans for the first time since 1997, I think that's a great achievement but at the end of the day, they're on a bad run, were on a good run and we've got alot of confidence at the moment, so we showed character and we nicked a win.

One more win and the playoff's shall be in our grasp.