Sign in to follow this  
swanseajack

Swansea City V Cardiff City - Match Discussion Thread

Re: Swansea City V Cardiff City - Match Discussion Thread

I'd just like to bring this thread back up again, ahead of Sunday's derby.

Bothroyd & Pratley both missing the game due to suspension. Can't speak much for the Cardiff line-up, but this is what i hope and think the Swansea line-up will be.

De Vries

Rangel Williams Monk Tate

Agustien Gower Allen

Dyer ............................ Sinclair

Emnes

Hoping that Orlandi isn't included, wouldn't be suprised to see Stephen Dobbie instead of Marvin Emnes though.

The game at the weekend on Sky or anything as I remember last year on Football League show you couldn't listen to the Fans as it was too naughty or something along those lines. But it the game on TV?

The game at the weekend on Sky or anything as I remember last year on Football League show you couldn't listen to the Fans as it was too naughty or something along those lines. But it the game on TV?

Ye' date=' well the sound was definatly cut out for the Swansea home game ... this time last year.

BBC1, 13:00 - 15:10 (SUNDAY)

(Sports) Cardiff City V Swansea City: Gabby Logan hosts coverage of the south Wales derby, with both Cardiff and Swansea aiming for promotion. Jonathan Pearce and Robbie Savage commentate.

Last year i got so wound up by Gabby Logan, when Cardiff were playing Forest at home. She's clear Cardiff bias, nothing wrong with that, but you can't have a host like that. Robbie Savage can get lost aswell.

Can't Wait, Been Looking Forward To It For Weeks. Massive Game For Both Teams. Went Home & Away Watching This Fixture Last Season & Hope To Again This Year (CCFC Season Ticket Holder).

Another Win Will Do Nicely.

BLUEBIRDS!

With the form Cardiff are in at the moment I doubt anyone wants to play us. Derbies are always a different story to league form between these two though.

Bothroyd will be missed but the players we have to cover are pretty useful.

Glad its on BBC too, I shall have two TV's in my room that day!

Arsenal - Newcastle, 13:30

Cardiff - Swansea, 13:10

Robbie Savage? Guess I shan't be watching this match then. 90 minutes listening to his drivel is just too much.

Don't blame you. Any regular football league follower wants to shave that mop of his head.

With the form Cardiff are in at the moment I doubt anyone wants to play us. Derbies are always a different story to league form between these two though.

Bothroyd will be missed but the players we have to cover are pretty useful.

Glad its on BBC too' date=' I shall have two TV's in my room that day!

Arsenal - Newcastle, 13:30

Cardiff - Swansea, 13:10[/quote']

Haha :P fair enough, ye no-one wants to play you ... including us, lets just hope for a little luck and we'll leave with something.

Wheres the love for Sav gone? I find him quite refreshing in commentary. He is a colourful character which cannot be said for most of these commentators who could send you to sleep.

Swansea are the better side, hope they get what they deserve.

Just got back from the game.. Absolute farce!

What was Jones thinking of playing that formation shocking decision. Were the home team we should of played the formation we usually do not try and match up Swansea. Keogh and paper hands Heaton should enjoy sitting on the bench after their performances today!. For somebody as big and strong as Keogh the guy cant do a thing, and yet we persisted on playing the same way like he was Bothroyd.. Its clearly not going to work and yet we persisted! As for Heaton numerous shots he couldn’t seem to actually get any power behind his saves for some obscene reason.

I don’t know what Jones says to our teams before these matches but not once have I seen us come out and actually fight in a game against Swansea. No hunger at all! The only player who showed a bit of passion would bloody Chopra! Slate him all you want but at least he actually showed some passion.

Blatant penalty turned down, two terrible Bellamy misses!

Awful atmosphere, no nothing

Dave Jones needs to take a long hard look in the mirror after that joke of a performance

Deserved to lose.

Thank christ Bothroyd is back for the next game

I believe you are getting Passion mixed up with dangerous behaviour which should not be seen on a football pitch. If thats passion' date=' its overrated.[/quote']

Im not condoning his tackle by any means.. just saying atleast he showed some form of passion chasing down players and going in for tackles with a bit of oomph which is what is required in derby games that none of our other players seem to understand!

Anyone think its funny how Robbie Savage keeps making jokes that are terribly unfunny and he laughs but the other commentator (cant think of name) doesn't laugh at all :P

Jonathan Pearce - i think.

disgusting challenge by the lazy jawed Chopra. Get him off! Made a bad challenge on Sav aswell as he has just stated.

Not even a free-kick' date=' shocking, if he's not banned after the game i'll be dissapointed, that booking on Joe Allen aswell. Well we all know how dominated the battle between Allen and Chopra, lets hope Allen doesn't go to West Ham.

Poor game

The best team won

'nuff said

It was only a poor game because Cardiff didn't turn up. I was expecting a lot more. Drinkwater was nowhere to be seen, and Bellamy's just a litle whinging moaner.

Delighted, absoloutly delighted. We were the only side that turned up and we were unlucky not to win by 2 or 3, great display from the lads ... Cardiff can't play without Bothroyd, but Swansea can play without Pratley. If he leaves Agustien will just fill the whole, and Agustien's a very similar player, only reason he didn't start tonight was as he hasn't fully recovered from injury.

Here's my ratings:

Cardiff City

GK: Heaton, 5 Made a hash of a couple of mistakes and didn't do very well for the goal.

CB: Hudson, 6 Done ok going forward, but nothing standout in his defensive abilities.

CB: Gyepes, 6 Similar to hudson, but no real stand out peaces of defening

RB: McNaughton. 6 Had a good game untill he went off injured, i'd say he was probably Cardiff's best defender when he was on the pitch.

LB: Naylor, 5 Didn't deal with Nathan Dyer, made a couple of stray passes aswell

CM: Whittingham, 5 Didn't do anything for me, hit a good effort in the first half but for a player of his ability he just didn't turn up.

CM: Drinkwater, 3 Who? Didn't notice him.

CM: Olofinjana, 6 Probably the best midfielder in the Cardiff team, gave away a few sloppy and needless free-kicks though.

RF: Chopra, 4 How he was standing on the pitch by the full-whistle i don't know. Didn't trouble at all either, for one of the most lethal strikers in the Championship he didn't turn up.

LF: Bellamy, 5 The dangerman, but should have been a lot more dangerous. Wasted a couple of very good opportunites aswell.

CF: Keogh, 4 Truely awful, couldn't even pass the ball straight breaking down a lot of Cardiff's attacks.

Subs

Burke, 6 Expected more, but he still did well when he came on - really should have been starting ahead of Drinkwater or Keogh.

Blake, 5 Didn't really notice him in the game in the last 20 minutes, didn't make any mistakes though.

Koumas, 5 Didn't have much of an involvement on the game.

Swansea City

GK: De Vries, 6 Made a big mistake early on when he dropped the ball. Other then that he dealt with everything, good with his catching and made a good save when Bellamy went one on one.

CB: Monk, 8 Absoloutly superb. Hasn't had a great season so far this season, with a couple of dodgy games against Coventry and against Shorpe, but great game today and was faultles.

CB: Williams, 7 Strong, dealt with everything in the air but didn't have that much to deal with.

RB: Rangel, 7 Made Bellamy look average, great game for him and he's having a great season so far.

LB: Tate, 7 Very good game for Tate, didn't do anything stupid and made one or two crucial tackles.

CM: Orlandi, 7 Best game from him in a long while, didn't get pushed off the ball on too many occasions and showed his class.

CM: Gower, 7 Very good game from Gower, delighted he's back from injury.

CM: Allen, 7 If the referee went to specsavers, he'd have got Michael Chopra sent off. Nethertheless great performance from Allen and he came very close to scoring.

RW: Dyer, 8 Beat Lee Naylor everytime, he's inconsistant at times but he played very well today and one of the best players on the pitch.

LW: Sinclair, 8 Came close to scoring on a few occasions, hit the post, and on occasions the Cardiff defence just couldn't deal with him.

CF: Emnes, 7 Very good game from Marvin, a superb goal and i'm hoping his loan deal extends. But that doesn't look likely :o

Subs

Dobbie, 6 Didn't have much to do, but he didn't make a mistake and did look dangerous on one or two occasions.

Agustien, 6 Didn't make a mistake, glad he's back from injury.

Taylor, - Only had stoppage time.

I think your too generous with your ratings for Cardiff players mate. Awful' date=' just awful. Well done though. Dyer and Sinclair were good.[/quote']

Was thinking the exact same thing! Should feel ashamed of themselves our players should!