EC 4761- The challenge to prove you are the best! Transfer/Gossip Thread

KopStar

Re: EC 4761- The challenge to prove you are the best! Transfer/Gossip Thread

It is difficult to buy players from League Two teams. A lot of the clubs do not have big enough squads to allow you to buy from them. I have tried to buy three players and got knocked back because their clubs squads had less than 21 players. Hard times for clubs in league Two eh!!!

ye but some teams also do have a good enough amount of players- or u could try do a deal with a club managed by a forumer.

still deciding on my last external purchase.

wat do you guys think of allowing 1 loan?

wat do you guys think of allowing 1 loan?

dunno, then it'll just be the race to catch a 90 rated player wont it?

or if its only within your league then whoever gets promoted first will be able to loan a much better player etc

i think no loans are a better rule tbh

I Think Khacheridi will be the real star buy. He starts in all Dynamo Kiev matches and has started in the last two Ukraine internationals including their victory over our little island in the North Atlantic. Sorry about Badstuder' date=' I only bid on players that haven't received bids already. You had only shown interest in him.[/quote']

About Badstuder, I think I made the right choice of not making an offer for him. I know he will have a healthy increase in the next few days but I do have my reasons for not buying him. I think it's not the right time for me to buy players who cost more than £1m. My squad is small and so I need more depth in my squad.

78_1229958191.jpg

Swindon Town target Offiong

Hamilton_280x390_551579a.jpg

Swindon's latest target

Swindon Town have lodged an undisclosed bid for Carlisle United striker Richard Offiong. The deal is believed to involve a cash and 2 player exchange.

Offiong began his career at Newcastle but never made a first team appearance. His best spell at a club was when he represented Hamilton Academical 93 times, scoring 38 goals. News suggests that the former Under 20's England international would favour the move after manager Dean Bryant earlier transfer listed the player.

More news to follow...

I would prefer not to allow loans. I don't like the loan system but if everybody wants to I will go along with it.

i think the general response it no loans- which is what i thought but just wanted to check with everyone else- It will stay the way it is.

just noticed that this was my 2000th post!:D

Centre backs are a priority for my Notts County team now that Sol Campbell has thrown his Teddy out again!!!!

id be happy to negotiate with u. Sean MORRISON might be an option for you- 18 year old 75 rated cb or the much more costly Scott CUTHBERT- a 22 year old 80 rated cb.

EDIT: Reading have made an offer to Swindon Town for Scott CUTHBERT of £5,000,000

im gonna accept this

78_1229958191.jpg

Swindon Town target Offiong

Hamilton_280x390_551579a.jpg

Swindon's latest target

Swindon Town have lodged an undisclosed bid for Carlisle United striker Richard Offiong. The deal is believed to involve a cash and 2 player exchange.

Offiong began his career at Newcastle but never made a first team appearance. His best spell at a club was when he represented Hamilton Academical 93 times' date=' scoring 38 goals. News suggests that the former Under 20's England international would favour the move after manager Dean Bryant earlier transfer listed the player.[/indent']

More news to follow...

I will accept the CV if you include you Anthony McNamee and Simon Ferry as part of the deal for Offiong.

78_1229958191.jpg

Swindon find replacement for Cuthbert

33002_1241908573.jpg

Zambrano: the man expected to marshall the defence

Swindon Town have agreed with terms with Peruvian Carlos Zambrano to replace Scot Cuthbert, who complted his 5million move to Reading. Zambrano, 20, has been extremely impressive when he has played FC Schalke and the move has come as a surprise to many. Zambrano will take up the second 'maruqee' player spot after the deal for Pedro was completed earlier today. He is expected to complete his move before Swindon play Notts County in the season opener.

The speculation over the final marquee spot has mounted with Swindon rumoured to have in excess of 5 million to spend. It is beleived that the player will either be a goalkeeper or a striker.

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Moritz given vice-captaincy role

xxl_jpeg-2lv63100-20090816-img_2211.jpg

Christoph Moritz: Carlisle United's new vice-captain

Christoph Moritz has impressed in training during the last few days and has his rating increase to 82. Carlisle United chairman has placed him as highly-rated player and has increased Moritz's transfer market value to £5m. The 20-year-old midfielder recently joined the Division 4 side last Wednesday and has then settled in England very quickly with some impressive performance during training practice. "I rate him very highly compared to the rest of the squad and it proved to be the right decision to sign him for less than £400k," Carlisle United boss Dean Bryant told the club's website. "He will be given the vice-captaincy role for this season campaign and I am sure he will be a good example to the rest of his team-mates. He is still young but he has already showing his maturity during training. He will definitely play a key role in this season campaign."

78_1229958191.jpg

Swindon find replacement for Cuthbert

33002_1241908573.jpg

Zambrano: the man expected to marshall the defence

Swindon Town have agreed with terms with Peruvian Carlos Zambrano to replace Scot Cuthbert' date=' who complted his 5million move to Reading. Zambrano, 20, has been extremely impressive when he has played FC Schalke and the move has come as a surprise to many. Zambrano will take up the second 'maruqee' player spot after the deal for Pedro was completed earlier today. He is expected to complete his move before Swindon play Notts County in the season opener.

The speculation over the final marquee spot has mounted with Swindon rumoured to have in excess of 5 million to spend. It is beleived that the player will either be a goalkeeper or a striker. [/indent']

Your offer has been accepted but his rating has already increased. Do you think SMFA will stop the transfer?

Your offer has been accepted but his rating has already increased. Do you think SMFA will stop the transfer?

:(:(:( really hope so! would be so unfair if it was blocked- and if it wasn't itll be steal of the season getting a player valued at over 4 mil for 1.7mil.

and dean with the offiong deal i did not realise that obadeyi is a bolton loanee. i will look into the deal before getting back to you to tell you if i want to go ahead with that deal.

:(:(:(really hope so! would be so unfair if it was blocked- and if it wasn't itll be steal of the season getting a player valued at over 4 mil for 1.7mil

You hope the SMFA will stop the transfer?? lol :rolleyes:

You hope the SMFA will stop the transfer?? lol :rolleyes:

woops:eek: u no wat i meant:p

I was looking ahead to my cup and shield draw and it aint pretty. My cup first round match is against Tottenham and the Sheild is against Fulham- looks like no progress in the cups for me!

woops:eek: u no wat i meant:p

I was looking ahead to my cup and shield draw and it aint pretty. My cup first round match is against Tottenham and the Sheild is against Fulham- looks like no progress in the cups for me!

My Cup and Shield first round is against the same team, Bristol Rovers. Hope I can get past them for at least one of the competitions.

My Cup and Shield first round is against the same team' date=' Bristol Rovers. Hope I can get past them for at least one of the competitions.[/quote']

u got a much better draw than me! btw i have 3 goalkeepers rated 77,76 and 75. I'd be happy to sell either the 76 or 75 rated one to someone if they want.

I am a little puzzled why a brand new manager joined our league on Wednesday and his only dip into the transfer market is to buy a player barely worth £2 million for £5 million?

Cuthbert is only an 82 rating player because he played regularly in the SPL with St Mirren last year. He was signed by Swindon in the summer for £120,000 but has only played in 8 out of 15 games for Swindon this season. His rating is likely to fall back to 80 at the best. League one players being rated 75-80.

Call me an old cynic Jared but I think you were extremely fortunate to find this mug punter to buy him.

I am a little puzzled why a brand new manager joined our league on Wednesday and his only dip into the transfer market is to buy a player barely worth £2 million for £5 million?

Cuthbert is only an 82 rating player because he played regularly in the SPL with St Mirren last year. He was signed by Swindon in the summer for £120' date='000 but has only played in 8 out of 15 games for Swindon this season. His rating is likely to fall back to 80 at the best. League one players being rated 75-80.

[b']Call me an old cynic Jared but I think you were extremely fortunate to find this mug punter to buy him.[/b]

ive got to admit to being a bit suspicious of that move too, the guy only joined 2 days ago :eek:

id like to think were all playing fair as i like the idea of this challenge

Call me an old cynic Jared but I think you were extremely fortunate to find this mug punter to buy him.

mate i don't cheat and im certainly not disguising myself as the reading manager. why would i do something like that to cheat at my own challenge? I did not actually know his stats but know that i do im pretty surprised someone would bid something like that for him.

in other news i was extremely surprised that my deal for Zambrano was accepted despite him rising just after the deal was accepted. I also completed a 600k purchase of Paul Scott from Bury, he's an def so it will be handy to have someone like him to deputise if any of my defenders get injured.

78_1229958191.jpg

Zambrano given captain's armband

33002_1241908573.jpg

Carlos Zambrano- handed the Swindon captaincy

Carlos Zambrano has only had one training session with his new club after completed his 1.7million move to England but he has made enough of an impression of manager Jared to be rewarded with the captaincy for the upcoming season. Zambrano does have experience as captain. Earlier in his career he was the FC Schalke under 19's captain. Other new signing Pedro was given the vice-captaincy.

Zambrano also has 11 national team caps for Peru, scoring one goal in the process, on his debut. Zambrano's first match as captain will be against Notts County tonight.

Swindon have also added defensive depth signing Bury defender Paul Scot for 5 seasons. Scott can play anywhere in the defence or as a defensive midfielder and was seen as the perfect squad player for Swindon. Another defensive reinforcement could be Nott's Brendan Moloney. Nott's are reportedly extremely close to accepting and undisclosed bid for the player.

78_1229958191.jpg

viewimage30

INTERVIEW WITH SWINDON MANAGER

Sky Sports managed to interview new Swindon Town manager Jared about his first few days in charge of the Divison 4 side

SS: Hello Jared, thanks you for coming. Our first question is what are you impressions of Swindon- its players, fans and board?

J: No problems. I am really enjoying it. The fans are passionate, the players are committed and the board are really supportive of my plans. I couldn't wish for a better bunch of people to manage around.

SS. You were given a rule by the board to buy a maximum of 3 players from external clubs. You have used up two of those slots- any idea for the third?

J: Yes but I won't disclose much more information.

SS: Will this player be signed in time for the Nott's match?

J: Probably not.

SS: What were the decisive factors in your choice of Zambrano and Pedro as your captains?

J: They are my 'marquee' players. The ones who have to set the example of the others. They have both come from big teams and played with big name players so that experience will really help our team. It was a tough choice between the two of them for the captaincy by Zambrano's past experience as a captain helped him. Both of these players are really young but they can both lead from the front and have chances to learn from some of the best players in the game.

SS: Is Carlisle's Offiong still a target or have you moved on?

J: No we've moved on and found some other options.

SS: What are your aims for the season?

J: I think every Div 4 team has the same aim- promotion and we are no different.

SS: Anthny McNamee has been heavily linked to Carlisle United. Will any deal materilise?

J: If they make the right offer we will definately accept. If they don't then he will stay. He has indicated to me that he will leave only to benefit the club. But he won't go in a swap deal with Offiong.

SS: Can you see your team getting past the first round in either the cup or shield?

J: It'll be a huge ask. Tottenham and Fulham are two big teams who will be heavy favourites. A win over either or both wouild be brillaint but promotion is our first priority. These games we are not expected to win and to be honest I won't read to much into our progress in these comps. I will probably play fringe players in these games.

SS: Other managers in the setup have accused you of transfer fixing with the deal for Cuthbert. What is your opinion on this?

J: I was extremely lucky to receive a bid like that. I was amazed when I first received it. Unfortunately for them other managers weren't as lucky. I don't need to cheat- I feel I am a good enough manager with out it. While understanding where they are coming from it isn't the best feeling to be accused of cheating- especially when you are innocent. But if anything it adds some fire and interest to when we play them.

SS: What team will play in the season opener against Notts?

J: I'm still deciding on the formation. I'm deciding betwen a 3-4-3, 4-4-2 and or a 3-5-2. I know we will play good attacking, fast tempo and high intensity football for sure.

SS: Last question. Which out of Notts County, Leyton Orient and Carlisle United do you see as you biggest challenge?

J: I think we can beat all three of them. Nott's I would say are the biggest challenge. I think they will be very strong defensively with Schemiechel and Badstuber at the back. But I wouldn't write off the other two.