sky%20sports.jpg

Shocking News

football-league-2.gif

League 2 Latest

168_front_small.png66_1202947790.gif12_front_small.png

Rochdale Names Guss as New Manager

guus_682x400_743156a.jpg

The new Rochdale Manager in the interview

Today,Rochdale was proud to announce that they have managed to Elect guss Hiddink as their new manager.The club is hoping he cna help the club to gain promotion and Eventually Land the club in the EPL.Can He do it??

Heres what he got to say about his move,

I am very pleased to Arrive at Spotland Rochdale are a great football club,i would love the challenge,I can take them all.The club would be hoping to get the plays we want.I would try my very best to led the team to the top,Hopefully we can make it to Div 3.

Re: EC 4761- The challenge to prove you are the best! Transfer/Gossip Thread

78_1229958191.jpg

Arnautovic to move to Swindon

379_0_1243259455.jpg

Arnautovic at a press conference confirming that he is leaving Inter

Mark Arnautovic will become the third and final external based player to sign for Swindon Town. Inter accepted Swindon's 4.3million pound bid for the Austrian. Arnautovic was at the centre of the press conference before leaving for the airport to catch his flight to London.

Manager Jared said this, "Marko is a great young player who will be an integral part of our team. His experience of learning from players such as Eto'o and Milito will really help our team, along with his international experience.Unfortunately the deal will not be completed before the Notts match but he will definately play in the second match against Yeovil.'

Also announced was the signing by the club was Hartlepool United striker James Brown for a fee of 800k. He, too, will not be availible for the match against Notts County.

I have just joined by request from Jared and have taken Shrewsbury Town.

Ps. Jared' date=' can u send me a quick list of "requirements" plz[/quote']

done that.

would anyone be interested in Anthony McNamee (78 rating LM/W). i have offered him to Dean but not sure if anyone else would be interested.

I have just joined by request from Jared and have taken Shrewsbury Town.

Ps. Jared' date=' can u send me a quick list of "requirements" plz[/quote']

Shrewsbury Town - That makes you the first opponents of my Leyton Orient side.

Best of luck mate :D

Guest drseanfitz

Took over Bradford, thought about taking one of the sides that are in league one in real life, but thought it'd be more of a challenge to pick 18 man League 2 Bradford.

Decided on my 3 outsiders, but facing competition for one of them ffrom Rochdale, but getting 1 for 10k(hopefully)

At least my board only want me to avoid finishing bottom.

Took over Bradford' date=' thought about taking one of the sides that are in league one in real life, but thought it'd be more of a challenge to pick 18 man League 2 Bradford.

Decided on my 3 outsiders, but facing competition for one of them ffrom Rochdale, but getting 1 for 10k(hopefully)

At least my board only want me to avoid finishing bottom.[/quote']

Wow,thats me your are facing competetion from still i am never going down without a good fight.With you in the chalenge it is going to be even harder (Plus i have to face you On my 1st game,BTW Rochdale sign Andrew CAVE-BROWN from Leyton Orient making a reaport tomorrow.) :)

Change on the cards, but what in fortune for Leyton Orient?

Plenty of bids on the table now at Brisbane Road as offers for youngster Cave-Brown and more surprisingly current captain Stephen Purches are accepted. On going negotiations with Shrewsbury Town and Bradford city Alton Thelwell and John Melligan have yet to be resolved and several more players find themselves transfer-listed.

"It's a pretty ruthless transformation going on down here." said an un-namedclub insider, "I just hope it's for the best."

It won't be too long before we get the first sign - Tonights encounter with Shrewsbury Town promises to bea tough one.

We wait with bated breath.

Stop the Season now, O's go top!!!

It wasn't all plain sailing at Brisbane Road, but looking at the final score you'd be forgiven for thinking that God was smiling down on new O's manager t_d.

Despite going 1-0 down after just five minutes and losing defender Ben Chorley to a dead leg Orient roared back to lead 3-1 at half time after a horror show few minutes just before the break for visting Shrewsbury Town.

Trailing 1-0 for nearly the whole of the first half, it took the O's just three minutes to turn that into a 3-1 lead - through goals from Charlie Daniels, Luke Summerfield and Malawian defender Tamika Mkandawire.

Things only got worse it the second half for Shrewsbury - much worse. Less than one minute was gone in the second period when Transfer listed Adam Chambers crashed an excellent headed into the back of the net. "With that performance and goal perhaps he's working his way back into my reckoning" said Os Manager t_d.

Not to be out done captain Jimmy Smith, himself subject of interest from Swindon Town earlier in the week when a bid was turned down flat, got in on the action scoring twice in the second half. Despite the second looking a tad offside he took both chances with aplomb, tucking the first low in the corner after a great turn and the second in a one on one after being allowed to play on when everyone in the stadium expected a whistle. Scoring was rounded up by Jamie Scowcroft, glancing a header inside the far post in the 89th minute.

Os dominated possesion throughout but you'd be surprised to read they actually didnt have as many scoring opportunites as the visiting team, although the quality of finishing as well as that of keeping had as much to do with the result resembling a one sided affair.Perhaps that will lead to less surprise when i tell you in a 7-1 victory it was Orients Goalkeeper Glenn Morris was given the Man of the Match award.

Not convinced? No neither were we, perhaps a better explanation is the fact that every player on the park for Orient played Marvellously.

"Absolutely smashing that." Eloquently put, from the home manager.

78_1229958191.jpg2-256_1248789623.jpg

Late Hughes goal steals point for Notts

Swindon drew 2-2 with Notts County in the first game of the season. A 3-4-3 formation was adopted by Swindon where as Notts adopted a 4-3-3 formation. The match began with a high intensity and two yellow cards were handed out in the first 15 minutes by the referee, Igor Egorov. Swindon were dominating and had a number of opportunities to take the lead but none were taken.

Eventually in the 21st minute Alan O'Brien played in a cross which look over hit and off target but somehow striker Alex Revell produced a miraculous bicycle kick which hammered into the back of the net. Lee Hughes had a golden oppurtunity to equalise when he was played through on the keeper, but Lucas managed to produce a great save. As half time was approaching Hutchinson, who had been a constant threat all half, tapped into and open net after collecting the rebound from a Revell shot. 2-0 halftime score to Swindon.

The control shifted to Notts in the second half but they failed to capitalise when Ben Davies missed an open goal. The last 15 minutes saw Swindon shift to a more defensive 4-4-2 to control the lead. But it backfired when Karl Hawley caressed in a curling shot. And with two minutes left Lee Hughes turned from villian to hero as he nodded home a cross. Man of the match was Ben Hutchinson and Flop of the match was Pedro who was anonymous for large chunks of the game. Salt was rubbed into the wounds of the result when it was confirmed that Evan Horwood, the new signing from Carlsile, will be out for 5 weeks with a thigh strain.

I'm pretty close to going broke so the following are for sale:

Anthony McNamee 25 years old 78 rated LM/W (2million asking price)

Michael Pook 24 years old 74 rated CM/RM (300k asking price)

Ben Hutchinson (Man of the Match in the first match) 21 year old 78 rated CF (2.5 million asking price)

Jean-Fran├žois Lescinel 23 years old 74 rated CB/LB (400k asking price)

Sean Morrsion 18 years old 78 rated CB (1.3 million asking price)

Hasney Aljofree 31 year old 77 rated CB/LB (1 million asking price)

Phil Smith 29 year old 75 rated GK (450k asking price)

Gordon Greer 28 year old 78 rated CB (2 million asking price)

Kevin Amankwaah 27 year old 75 rated RB (500k asking price)

Alan O'Brien 24 year old 82 rated LM/W (5 million asking price)

78_1229958191.jpg

Swindon sign one, set to loose two

15266_1223305003.jpg28376_1232370286.jpg717_1228744393.jpg

Left to right: Lescinel, Skarz and Timlin

Swindon Town are set to complete a deal that will see Hartelpool's defender Joe Skarz and Swindon's midfielder Michael Timlin swap places. Skarz is set to replace Horwood in the starting side- who will be out for 5 weeks with a thigh strain.

Another player who will leave is Jean-Francois Lescinel. The defender is set to complete a 500k deal that will see him become a Rochdale player.

P.S. I was thinking about maybe changing the rules to allow the purchase of one free agent- opinions please.

P.S. I was thinking about maybe changing the rules to allow the purchase of one free agent- opinions please.

I think free agents shouldn't be categorized as players from external clubs. Managers should be allowed to buy free agents without limit.