Edmund Hottor...New AC Milan signing !!

Messilio

Re: Edmund Hottor...New AC Milan signing !!

Edmund Etse Hottor is the new signing of AC Milan. The 16 year old midfielder playes for Triestina in Serie B and will likely move to Milan in januari.

He was born in Ghana' date=' and is 1.80 m high.

[url']http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2176/serie-a/2009/11/03/1600554/milan-agree-deal-to-sign-triestina-youngster-edmund-hottor[/url]

is he on the DB?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Honestly I don't know. haven't seen him play yet. But I looked him up on google and read a few thing. I decided to buy him' date=' just because I have enough money.

If you don't have the finance, I would't buy him YET.[/quote']

"If you don't have the finance" - you can't buy him anyway? :P:D

Just kidding! I know what you mean ;)

At 16 I'd imagine he'd spend a while in Milan's Primavera side. Which is already stacked with talent. But to be have had some matchtime in Serie B at 16 is an excellent achievement.

From what I can gather he's looked upon as an Ambrosini type of player. Good in the air, comfortable in the ball, combative and is comfortable playing in front of his defence.

At 16 I'd imagine he'd spend a while in Milan's Primavera side. Which is already stacked with talent. But to be have had some matchtime in Serie B at 16 is an excellent achievement. From what I can gather he's looked upon as an Ambrosini type of player. Good in the air' date=' comfortable in the ball, combative and is comfortable playing in front of his defence.[/quote']

I don't see why he's that big of a signing anyway. He's just one of many youths in a huge academy. The only thing special about him, that I can find, is that he's played for a terrible team in the worst second division amongst the elite footballing nations.

From what I can see, he's not even on the Ghana U17 national team.

Maybe someday he will grow into something, it's very much possible. But he isn't amongst the top 1 000 U21 players I'd want on my SM teams at the moment.

I don't see why he's that big of a signing anyway. He's just one of many youths in a huge academy. The only thing special about him' date=' that I can find, is that he's played for a terrible team in the worst second division amongst the elite footballing nations.

From what I can see, he's not even on the Ghana U17 national team.

Maybe someday he will grow into something, it's very much possible. But he isn't amongst the top 1 000 U21 players I'd want on my SM teams at the moment.[/quote']

I wont be signing him for any teams of mine either as he could be in the Primerva side for quite some time, which I was pointing out. Someone at Milan must have seen at least a glint of something in him to sign him in the first place.

But I agree with most of what you are saying. Although you won't be on any Triestina fans christmas card lists anytime soon. ;)

I wont be signing him for any teams of mine either as he could be in the Primerva side for quite some time' date=' which I was pointing out. Someone at Milan must have seen at least a glint of something in him to sign him in the first place. But I agree with most of what you are saying. Although you won't be on any Triestina fans christmas card lists anytime soon. ;)[/quote']Oh yes, for sure. I'm just making the link with an area I know a bit more about, Brazil.

If I may compare Milan to Internacional (and yes, I may) as one of the dominant teams and academies of their respective countries. Now, I think it is fair to say that Brazil produce young stars at a better rate then Italy, despite what the defending World Champions say. I also think that the parity level in Brazil is much more equal then Italy, I'd rate the countries' Serie B's pretty close.

Within the past year, I know of two young strikers who played a LOT and even scored a few goals in Série B, who were subsequently signed by Internacional. Both of these players are on SM; Marcos Bambam (18/75, signed from Fortaleza) and Wilson Junior (18/73, signed from Bahia). Sure, they have a lot of promise. However, just because Inter spotted them does not mean they are immediately the diamonds of Inter's youth squad. In fact, they are currently sitting behind Leandro Damiao, Tales, Walter and Lucas Roggia. It just means that they came from weaker academies.

Judging from Hottor's relative lack of information and absence on the Ghana U17 side... I'd say the case might just be the comparable.