Raheem Sterling QPR superkid

jb8521

Raheem Sterling QPR superkid  

1. 1.

Raheem Sterling is a 14 year old striker playing for the QPR under 18s who is being tracked by Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

It has been claimed that Queens Park Rangers plan to make Sterling the youngest first-teamer in British football history to ward off Premier League big boys and that Rangers boss Jim Magilton is so impressed by the 14-year-old striker - who is rated as highly as the young Wayne Rooney - he allowed him to train with the first team last week and the plan is to give him his debut soon after his 15th birthday next month to break the record of Barnsley's Reuben Noble-Lazarus who made his debut at 15 years and 45 days last season.Sterling, a lightning-quick forward, already plays for Rangers Under-18s but QPR are scared that a major offer will be tabled. Sterling and his agent were VIP guests at the Liverpool's clash with United last Sunday as rumours abound of a £1million offer from one of the elite clubs. Rangers will offer Sterling a fast track into their senior side, hoping it will convince him to stay. But it looks a losing battle as Sterling missed a meeting where he was due to sign a YTS contract and headed for the game at Anfield.

Raheem has been with Rangers since he was 10 years old and the club's head of development Steve Gallen had this to say about him

'He has loads of natural ability. This boy can pass, shoot, head it, score goals, tackle, defend, anything. He will be in our reserves quite soon and we will protect him from there.'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Re: Raheem Sterling QPR superkid

Latest from the QPR website

STERLING DEPARTS

Posted on: Sat 27 Feb 2010

Raheem Sterling has joined Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.

The QPR youth product has been a regular in the QPR Under 18s this season and has also featured in the Reserves.

The 15-year-old made his debut for the England U16s in November as a second-half substitute against Northern Ireland, and has gone on to make two further appearances for Kenny Swain's team.

QPR's Youth Development Manager Steve Gallen said: "It is obviously disappointing to lose Raheem. I know him very well, having worked closely with him for a number of years.

"We wanted to keep him, but Raheem was keen to play for an Academy, and Liverpool is obviously an excellent move for him, as far as that is concerned.

"Liverpool's bid matched our valuation of him, and we all wish him well.

"Raheem is a fantastic lad with a brilliant attitude. The players and staff are going to miss him around the place.

"I hope, and I firmly believe, that he will have a great future in the game."

The Club wishes Raheem well for the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wonderkid; Raheem Sterling

Ive seen this player ply in the youth team for qpr and then when liverpool bought him for about 500k i was wondering if he was even in soccermanager

-really hot prospect, already been compared to rooney at his age

-if soccermanager were to introduct him what rating do you think he should be at. id go for about 73=76 because people have already seen his talent and i wouldnt b suprised if he was to be rated in the 80 region because loads of people know about him and since liverpool paid 500,000 for him from qpr i trhink he is quite extraordinary

-your views on this player please:)

Re: Wonderkid; Raheem Sterling

My mates played against him for the brighton youth team and he said he is the best player hes ever played against and hes played against most of the teams in the south and around london, Another mate who was at pompy said he was class to but a little on the small side

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Young Raheem may get his first start tonight for Liverpool's first team. He has flown with the reds for their game against Sparta Prague in the Europa League

This comes on the back of an impressive 5 goals from Sterling in a 9-0 win against Southend in the FA Youth Cup (u18)

Here are his goals

After scoring 5 goals in Liverpools 9-0 fa youth cup game against Southend Raheem Sterling has been brought into Liverpools full squad for the match against Sparta Prague where if he plays aged 16 years and 71 days he will become Liverpools youngest ever player.

Goals against Southend

Eh0-kR2cNQo