What is happening to this forum?

Re: What is happening to this forum?

Who's been banned? SM are just making money with the ads' date=' it is annoyed but thats mostly what the internet is. One big ad.[/quote']

I've seen Toggs banned, Abdel Zizi banned, and some others too, whereas I can't remember the last time I saw Bob Loblaw posting etc. Those forumers who were really exciting arguing with seem to be leaving one by one :(.

Personally, SM's been going down hill ever since I joined in February 2008. I can't particularly think of anything that's improved since then. I can think of plenty that's gone wrong though;

• Rating changes take longer, are less thorough and accurate even though it takes about 1 month per section.
  • You have to pay to reserve a good team on top of paying for gold membership.
  • Stupid ads that lag my computer added (e.g. O2).
  • Real-life attendances/Less money coming in from ticket/tv revenue means I'm buying more youth team risers than ever to keep myself in the black.
  • Every now and then my players condition won't get their daily update leaving me with under-conditioned players on match day.

Just some of the things I can think of off the top of my head. I'm not suprised people are leaving...

Abdel Zizi has at times flouted the rules off the forum regardless of how good he has been in other areas on it. I do not know the exact reasons behind his ban, but seeing the infraction it was for a serious offense.

Toggs has been banned ages . . . .

The bans are part and parcel of a internet game, and you cant really go on any succesful site without seeing them. SM need to increase revenue to thrive and grow as a business and so its a sacrifice they have to make. However if you use Mozilla you can down load Ad Blocker pro , but you have to tweak it to allow other things on the forum like add reply, rep etc :D Takes 5 mins once you figure it out.

I think the game has improved ten fold, from the site layout, to AI, to new protection rules, i cant complain one bit, and the revamp on the ME. Not to mention it will be further developed ( because lets face it, even though its improved its not pefect ).

The other things you dicuss arent clear cut, i dont see a problem with SM selling clubs as such, as GM only allows you to enter GC's and not get a team for free. I agree that we shouldnt have to pay if we dont want to . but you dont have to join when its reserve and yu can pick a club up after, my onl problem with it is that the ratio reserve club GC are to high.

Real life attendances are actually working for me in GC19 in particuarly, im bournemouth currently in div 2 and my attendances are 12k plus :D

besides this isnt the thread to bash the game, football8 (munt ) has made a thread about the game being horrific, probably best to post it there although i dont see you being no where near as anti SM as him :)

EDIT: I just want to reiterate people only get banned if they do something wrong, if they follow the rules they wont get banned, its no one elses fault but there own

I've seen Toggs banned' date=' Abdel Zizi banned, and some others too, whereas I can't remember the last time I saw Bob Loblaw posting etc. Those forumers who were really exciting arguing with seem to be leaving one by one :(.[/quote']

Toggs was a bullying child. Nothing to miss there. Bob better not leave though.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about the ads, anyway. Have any of you visited the French L'Equipe site? There are some sites out there that have more ads and links than plain text. :o Still, I have never (except on collegehumor.com sometimes) accidentally clicked on an advertisement, despite my habit of clicking repetitively in open spaces :D and my relatively offset hand-eye coordination. :P

You cant not miss him' date=' but iv been here long enough to know people leave, good forumers, but more always, always come in[/quote']

*Raises hand* I can not miss him. He had great posts, but had turned into a derailer at the end.

His great posts have more then been replaced by Johnny_C, who has taken over AND MORE. There are more too, like Chipolopolo (sp) and a few others who are taking the lead.

These things happen. People come, people go. The forum's in tiptop shape.

No i just say it to annoy him.

Its worked on mine . . . . and alot of other peoples' date=' you just have to do a little work and tell it what to block and what not to . . . actually.[/quote']

I know how to block the adverts, but when i right click, there is no option to block them.

I know how to block the adverts' date=' but when i right click, there is no option to block them.[/quote']

Yeah you know how to block them but you havent been able to block them yet. . . . . . :confused:. . . . .:P

There is a thread about these ads, and Simon provided a link to a run through of how to do it, took me a while at first but you can do it, just because you cant doesnt mean its not possible. And i dont remember right clicking on them, i remember double clicking on the link and it comes up with a pop up asking you what you want to block, the you choose the otpion that blocks all adverts that web address starts with eg www.googleads.com etc

*Raises hand* I can not miss him. He had great posts' date=' but had turned into a derailer at the end.

His great posts have more then been replaced by Johnny_C, who has taken over AND MORE. There are more too, like Chipolopolo (sp) and a few others who are taking the lead.

These things happen. People come, people go. The forum's in tiptop shape.[/quote']

I just hope you don't leave us MsF.

Yeah you know how to block them but you havent been able to block them yet. . . . . . :confused:. . . . .:P

There is a thread about these ads' date=' and Simon provided a link to a run through of how to do it, took me a while at first but you can do it, just because you cant doesnt mean its not possible. And i dont remember right clicking on them, i remember double clicking on the link and it comes up with a pop up asking you what you want to block, the you choose the otpion that blocks all adverts that web address starts with eg [url']www.googleads.com[/url] etc

Yeah, like i have just said, when i right click the advert there is no option to block it with the Adblock Plus..

Guest Football8

I've been gone inactive for like a week now. I returned today and everything just seems... different. The forum is full with annoying ads' date=' which as I recall, never existed, a lot of respected and old forumers have been banned, others simply disappeared without a trace... So what is happening here? :confused:[/quote']

It's died. :P

Just downloaded AdBlock Plus for IE and the ads are gone :D

I don't use IE' date=' FF is x10 better.

As i said i didnt right click it, i doubled clicked it.

My point was it does work.

Here is what i have blocked and i have NO ads at all.

block.jpg

Double clicked mine and it just takes me to the advert URL.

I can block most adverts/images, just not the ad's on this site..

Personally' date=' SM's been going down hill ever since I joined in February 2008. I can't particularly think of anything that's improved since then. I can think of plenty that's gone wrong though;

[list']

[*]Rating changes take longer, are less thorough and accurate even though it takes about 1 month per section.

[*]You have to pay to reserve a good team on top of paying for gold membership.

[*]Stupid ads that lag my computer added (e.g. O2).

[*]Real-life attendances/Less money coming in from ticket/tv revenue means I'm buying more youth team risers than ever to keep myself in the black.

[*]Every now and then my players condition won't get their daily update leaving me with under-conditioned players on match day.

Dont see how your in game experience has anything to do with this thread which is about the Forum .

As for the game itself human nature has never changed ,if there is a better game on the net like this then members wouldnt be here .

Members move on for many reasons ,one might be SM has lost the exciment for them dont like changes etc ,others just simply move on to pastures new with more differnt things that take there time up .

SM is what you want to make it without it you wont kick the bucket and there will be no meaning in life .

You say youve been here since 2008 i have been here since 2006 .

What fetched me to it is i played all the other big rivals before finding SM,even after all these yrs i still check to see how the rivals have come on or any new ones ,well there isnt for me any still to make me up stakes and try different climates for all SM faults ,because these have far more and much less enjoyable .

So if i may ask you my fellow forumer friend if your finding it unenjoyable what keeps you ,is it just like me there isnt another one at the mo to match and rival SM because if so surely you wouldnt stay thinking you owe SM loyalty ,if so then Human nature is changing more than i thought .:)

10x better yet you cant block the ads :eek: not a great selling point :P:D

IE hasnt given me any trouble at all' date=' as the old saying goes 'if it aint broke dont fix it'.[/quote']

Well according to stats, IE is x10 more virus vulnerable than FF.

Anyway, sorted the problem out now. :)