What is happening to this forum?

Re: What is happening to this forum?

For people struggling with the adverts, just download AdBlock plus, as suggested and read this post. It worked for me:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=800188&postcount=55

As for the subject of the thread, I must admit that I was disappointed when I found out that Abdel had been banned. Regardless of what he may have done to break the rules (and I don't know what he did, so I'm not condoning it), he was a nice guy and I think the forum is a worse place without him. There are a few "power-posters" who have either been banned or have drifted away from the forum, which is a shame, but like Mark says, there will always be new forumers who come in to brighten up the place. Sometimes change isn't good, yet, sometimes we should embrace it and the fact that there are still plenty or colourful, eccentric, intelligent and proactive forumers who help make this place what it is. This forum is quite small in comparison to others, but it is certianly my favourite due to the banter and interesting discussions that take place, as well as our common similarity - our love for SM (apart from Munt :P).

Can anyone tell me why MsF has left? Adamski said on another thread he's left the game and the forum.

MsF explains it here (http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=806571&postcount=12250) in this thread.

What are we going to do for an insight on Brazilian football?

I think this will have to do (unless Carlos Gustavo Stelin becomes more of a regular' date=' or someone else who watches Brazilian football can step up :o) :

[url']http://insidersbrazilians.blogspot.com/2009/11/welcome.html[/url]

Radebe (basically left) and Mark have left, so yeah it does seem like a lot of people are leaving/getting banned. :o

I made a thread a couple of weeks ago asking where Bob Loblaw had gone, I haven't seen him post on here in months!

Does anyone speak to him outside the forum?

Radebe (basically left) and Mark have left' date=' so yeah it does seem like a lot of people are leaving/getting banned. :o

I made a thread a couple of weeks ago asking where Bob Loblaw had gone, I haven't seen him post on here in months!

Does anyone speak to him outside the forum?[/quote']

Yeah, where is he anyway? Was a very funny guy. :D

Can anyone tell me why MsF has left? Adamski said on another thread he's left the game and the forum.

What are we going to do for an insight on Brazilian football?

Do your own research?

TBH, most of us found some of the Brazilian match reports boring eg marks out of 10, players of the week etc. Fine if you like stats, but lets be honest, we can always use ESPN Soccernet to see who is playing on a regular basis.

Bit full of himself but likeable.

Do your own research?

TBH' date=' most of us found some of the Brazilian match reports boring eg marks out of 10, players of the week etc. Fine if you like stats, but lets be honest, we can always use ESPN Soccernet to see who is playing on a regular basis.

Bit full of himself but likeable.[/quote']

Wow you have some balls for saying that lol.

Do your own research?

TBH' date=' most of us found some of the Brazilian match reports boring eg marks out of 10, players of the week etc. Fine if you like stats, but lets be honest, we can always use ESPN Soccernet to see who is playing on a regular basis.

Bit full of himself but likeable.[/quote']

Thanks for that, i hadn't thought of doing my own research!

But for me personally, an opinion and report from someone who actually watches Brazilian games week in week out is a lot better than looking at the Guardian website.

And the Guardian/ESPN website doesn't give you info on up and coming young players does it?

I've seen Toggs banned' date=' Abdel Zizi banned, and some others too, whereas I can't remember the last time I saw Bob Loblaw posting etc. Those forumers who were really exciting arguing with seem to be leaving one by one :(.[/quote']

dont worry about it mate, they ll all be back. with Bob, im sure he ll be back sometime, he's probably just busy. there is no reason for him to leave for good, unless something bad happened to him:eek:, but lets not think that

Thanks for that' date=' i hadn't thought of doing my own research!

But for me personally, an opinion and report from someone who actually watches Brazilian games week in week out is a lot better than looking at the Guardian website.

And the Guardian/ESPN website doesn't give you info on up and coming young players does it?[/quote']

I hoovered up many a young Brazilian recommended on these threads, it felt a bit like cheating on my part. I didn't buy just 2 or 3, sometimes it was 20 or 30

The fact that I might have to work harder in the reasearch area now, instead of copy and pasting, should make it fairer to everyone else in my gameworlds.

Someone will come along to fill his shoes, they always do.

Respect to the guy but no more important than any other contributor on these forums. You don't throw your toys out the pram if things don't go the way you want, you just walk away with dignity having explored the proper channels if you have a problem.