GK help

IcedEarth

Re: GK help

hi

I have Doni as a GK in my roma and i have heard that they will drop him from 91->90.

Do you guys hav any ideas for a replacament? i dont want to spend any money so im looking for some one who will rise from 89-90 or 90-91..

I highly doubt there will be a 90-91. Your best options are;

Samir Handanovic 89 > 89/90

Cedric Carrasso 88 > 89

Sergio Asenjo 88 > 89

Sergio Asenjo being the better option due to his age and current ability, despite Atletico leaking goals Asenjo has had decent displays.

He has only recently only claimed the French starting spot' date=' and whether France qualify against Ireland is also another factor.[/quote']

Agreed on the first part. But what has France qualifying for the World Cup got to do with his ability to get a 91? He has performed well this season, being voted player of the month too not too long ago if I'm not mistaken. Lyon are near the summit of the Ligue 1 and through to the last 16 of the UCL, and Mandanda got his 91 with Marseille, who didn't make it into the second stage of the UCL.

hi

I have Doni as a GK in my roma and i have heard that they will drop him from 91->90.

Do you guys hav any ideas for a replacament? i dont want to spend any money so im looking for some one who will rise from 89-90 or 90-91..

try to get Asenjo, Given, lyon GK i dont remember his name but i belive that its Lloris if you need some more ill give you!

Agreed on the first part. But what has France qualifying for the World Cup got to do with his ability to get a 91? He has performed well this season' date=' being voted player of the month too not too long ago if I'm not mistaken. Lyon are near the summit of the Ligue 1 and through to the last 16 of the UCL, and Mandanda got his 91 with Marseille, who didn't make it into the second stage of the UCL.[/quote']

Starting 4 of the last 5 games for France I believe will not gain him a 91 and neither will Lyon getting into the last 16.

Starting 4 of the last 5 games I believe will not gain him a 91 and neither will Lyon getting into the last 16.

Fair enough. We'll have to disagree to agree after all. ;) Besides' date=' just some food for thought for you.

Diego Lopez - Earned his 91 with a string of impressive displays for the [i']Yellow Submarines[/i], no international footie aiding him here.

Manuel Almunia - Got his 91 without NT involvement too. Granted, Arsenal are a bigger club than Lyon, but at the time of his rise, his performances were arguably not as good as Lloris' current showings.

I still stand by my predictions that he will get a 91, and a deserved one too.

hey thank you guys.

lloris is 5 mln more than doni so cant afford it :(

handanovic looks the best choice to me.

also thinking about amelia of genoa. what do you think?

Would'nt touch Amelia, attitude problems and I doubt he will ever be a regular Italian International. Go for Asenjo, in the long run it will pay off.

he is managed :(

anyway if u guys think lloris is really worth it i may sell someone and buy him..

Asenjo has more potential than Lloris, although I'll say the latter is a better stage and platform to climb the ratings, SM wise. Asenjo will find it hard to dislodge Casillas, as Pepe Reina and Diego Lopez has found out. :o

Handanovic has been compared to Reina, but I don't see him rising to a 90 - Benaglio was tipped for a 90 but didn't, so the chances of Handanovic getting it seems remote. What about Rui Patricio or Romero? Both not as good as Asenjo, but decent youngsters.

I don't like that deal. Everyone seems to be tipping Asenjo for a rise to 89 but I can't see it. Atletico have been pants this season, are in the relegation zone in Spain and have big financial troubles so likely to sell a player or players in the January transfer window. I can see them climbing out of the bottom 3 but they'll toil to get top half of the table. Asenjo is more likely to stay come the Spanish ratings. Wouldn't surprise me if David De Gea got a few more games. I'd have kept Doni or swapped him for someone else.

I wouldn't listen to him, yes Atletico are in the drop zone and have the worst defensive record in the league but if it wasn't for Asenjo it would be much much worse. Asenjo is not at all at fault for the bad goals record - it is the terrible Atletico defence! Asenjo is a top quality 'keeper with a very bright future, still only 20 remember. I don't know about this 'big financial' problem either? Maybe hes mistaken them for Valencia, but Atletico don't seem to be in any rush to sell their prized assets like Aguero and Forlan.

Doni was injured for a long period and only recently returned, yet still isn't playing? He will drop to 90 for sure. I will tip Asenjo to rise to 89 but yes there now is a slight chance he will stay at 88 - it all depends on the next few weeks. But the last comment about De Gea getting a few more games is absurd. Asenjo has done nothing wrong to deserve to drop out of the team, the guy is not a miracle worker and can't stop goals from leaking in with the shabby defense he has in front of him.

Still, if you don't want to go for the great talent Hugo Lloris is a great option. He is a sublime 'keeper as well and will rise to 91 in the next changes - so short-term he is the better option. Long-term though? I'd say Asenjo, but there is very little in it for me.