Sign in to follow this  
AFC Chewis

The Official Scottish Football Thread

Re: The Official Scottish Football Thread

He's an awful player' date=' dont expect anymore of them![/quote']

i don't think he is awful just not used properly but we have guidetti anyway the closest thing we'll get to a larsson anytime soon.

i don't think he is awful just not used properly but we have guidetti anyway the closest thing we'll get to a larsson anytime soon.

I didnt like him at all to be honest, really liked what i saw of guidetti even though he was only on 20 minutes, shame he isnt in the EL squad. Attacking wise I liked it on saturday just need to take more chances but defensively I think ambrose needs to go

Celtic beaten at home by the Accies today in what has been an uninspiring season for them.

The Premiership's top guns won't admit it, but the arse has really collapsed out of Scottish football since Rangers demotion (putting the rights and wrongs of it to one side).

I hope we can get back to a good level once we return to the top tier, but I have my doubts. And I think the effect of that will be young kids not interested in Scottish teams at all anymore - they'll just go straight to the English game for their heroes.

I can't see Scottish football getting any better any time soon, I still think there's some way yet for Scottish football to fall. The lack of money in the game coinciding with huge amounts of money in English football is seeing the best young Scottish players leaving for Premier League and Championship sides at a very early age with there only being a handful of players wanted by English clubs playing regularly in the division. The attendances appear to be dropping, with Celtic and Rangers both rarely selling out games. European performances are getting worse with every season, Celtic aside clubs don't look to have anything other than a slim chance of reaching the Europa League group stages. There also seems to be less of a demand for TV games, largely due to Rangers and Celtic not playing each other but also due to Hearts and Hibs dropping out of the SPL and all in all money in Scottish Football seems to be dropping year on year.

I'm not an avid viewer of Scottish football (I'd usually watch the old firm when it was on years ago), but SSN show highlights frequently so I manage to keep up to date. Anywhom, whilst I always route for Celtic in Europe and have always preferred them to any other Scottish club, it'd be nice to see someone else win the league this year. If I was to want anyone to win it would probably be Aberdeen, but I'm all for any underdog being victorious.

Sorry to be a pain. Im new to this and this is my first post. Im sure the question will probably have already been asked. Will the other 2 divisions be added to the Scottish Leagues? Being a mad Killie fan for my sins I dont get the chance to play the derby against Ayr United or in fact laugh at the fact they cant get into the big league. Also other derbys cannot happen as a result of 2 divisions being missing from this. Can anyone help?