Sign in to follow this  
AFC Chewis

The Official Scottish Football Thread

Re: Official SPL thread

Fair play to you.

I thought it was a damp squib. And not just from my own clubs viewpoint. We did most of our business before the last 24hrs.

It was if I am honest. You know' date=' It's bad when Casalinuovo is one of the main transfers. Velicka in Aberdeen shirt. Foster to Rangers that's about it :(.

Alan Gow to Motherwell.[/font']

Fraser Foster could not go from Celtic to Rangers

No. But there were at least some deals going through. Severin to Dundee Utd ' date=' Caslinovo to Hamilton. And Rangers could not even get Barazite on loan. Jonathan Grounds to Hibs.

Never said it was. But the amount of 50/50 etc and foul which really aren't is sometimes laughable :). No that we are any better mind. Celtic and Rangers still get more.[/font']

you wer sayin :)

:confused: Do you know what you are on about...?

He's saying Fraser Forster can't sign for Rangers as he's the keeper we(Celtic) have signed on loan from Newcastle Utd.

You're thinking of Richard Foster that Rangers did a swap deal including Velicka with Aberdeen.

I was saying that foster u tool forester is our keeper thats not spelt foster he went on aobut saying i did tho so do u no what ur saying?

Harsh Ian.

Why the poor clubs.

It's poor as there is little post and Spl fans.

The problem with Scottish football is that every one else is looked down upon by the two bigger clubs...

If you are a fan of a smaller club you are generally looked on as a poor relation - even though most of the fans looking down on the other fans are actually glory hunters - and should really support their local team

I will make a few posts on here - but I will try and stay clear of any arguments between Gers and C**tic fans - as I would like to continue being able to post on these forums :D

PS I didn't mean the thread was pointless - I meant the argument about Forster and Foster :D

The problem with Scottish football is that every one else is looked down upon by the two bigger clubs...

If you are a fan of a smaller club you are generally looked on as a poor relation - even though most of the fans looking down on the other fans are actually glory hunters - and should really support their local team

I will make a few posts on here - but I will try and stay clear of any arguments between Gers and C**tic fans - as I would like to continue being able to post on these forums :D

PS I didn't mean the thread was pointless - I meant the argument about Forster and Foster :D

I am an Aberdeen fan, always have and always will been seen the rise and demise of recent years. Most Rangers and Celtic fans at my school have never been to a game, and "support" Chelsea or Man Utd aswell :rolleyes:.

Aberdeen Ftw

I also find the gap between the "Top 2" and the rest quite detrimental.

I am an Aberdeen fan' date=' always have and always will been seen the rise and demise of recent years. Most Rangers and Celtic fans at my school have never been to a game, and "support" Chelsea or Man Utd aswell :rolleyes:.

Aberdeen Ftw[/quote']

My POV is this...

If you have no direct link to the club or town you claim to support, and you never go to any games then you are a glory hunter

I don't care what anyone elses opinion is on the matter - as the only people who ever disagree are those with no links to the club they claim to 'support'

If I am being honest it's over two years since I visited Ibrox - but thats mainly because I now live in Manchester

My POV is this...

If you have no direct link to the club or town you claim to support' date=' and you never go to any games then you are a glory hunter

I don't care what anyone elses opinion is on the matter - as the only people who ever disagree are those with no links to the club they claim to 'support'

If I am being honest it's over two years since I visited Ibrox - but thats mainly because I now live in Manchester[/quote']

Fully understand and agree.

@Hunty: Forrest is hailed as the new McGeady at Celtic, And is suppose to be the next talent out of Scotland. And i belive his is. Looks the next McGeady but more pacey and direct. In the U21's and played 28 mins on Friday.

R_XYGut2cOg

What is the dealio with James Forrest then? I saw his first goal for Celtic' date=' and a cracking one at that. I haven't heard much about him, so enlighten me. :)[/quote']

Hes getting 1st team at celtic at moment very good wide attacking minded player much like aiden mcgeady saw him last season wen he scored vs motherwell on his debut. Very good at crossing sumthing mcgeady did not have and cud yet be anuva for the future i just hope he doesnt turn out to be a liam miller.

David Templeton will be the one I think will light up the league this season outwith the OF. I may be biased as a Hearts fan but I did mention him several times throughout this forum last season when he began to get a chance that I thought he would be a top talent in Scotland and so far he is getting his chance and looks to be taking it for my money. Just hope when Driver comes back that Templeton is switched to the right and JJ bins Suso to the bench. I dunno what it is, I just think he is a horrendous player 9 games out of 10. The temper tantrums don't help either when he gets himself silly bookings/red cards.

Aberdeen, Moterwell and Hearts will be my picks to fight it out for 3rd place. For some reason I don't think Dundee United will be the same consistent force this season, I have no actual logic or explanation for this but it's just a feeling. Hibs will be hibs, their form will be patchy and they will get the usual plaudits for being such a 'good passing side' before self destructing and losing to sides they really should be beating. Hearts have goals in the team now with Kyle and S.Elliot bringing in some experience in front of goal, also the C.Elliot banging in a few decent goals :eek: I thought he was another Dennis Wyness that could score in the first division but be a nightmare in the SPL. I'm still saying it's one of these 'freaks of nature' that he is scoring goals, he'd need a good ten more decent matches before making me think I was wrong :rolleyes:

Aberdeen are an interesting prospect for me, they have signed quite well in my book. Vernon scored goals at Colchester from what I can remember, quite a few of those knackered my accumulators :mad: Hartley will bring a good bit of experience even if he isn't the same player he was at Tynecastle. At least you can be sure of some good deliveries into the box and if you get a pen - it's a goal :D Craig Brown is doing a cracking job at Motherwell, they are a solid enough side without having too much flair. That could be their downfall against the better sides but they will still be a fixture nobody will look forward to.

Theres my opinion - any other thoughts?:

David Templeton will be the one I think will light up the league this season outwith the OF. I may be biased as a Hearts fan but I did mention him several times throughout this forum last season when he began to get a chance that I thought he would be a top talent in Scotland and so far he is getting his chance and looks to be taking it for my money. Just hope when Driver comes back that Templeton is switched to the right and JJ bins Suso to the bench. I dunno what it is' date=' I just think he is a horrendous player 9 games out of 10. The temper tantrums don't help either when he gets himself silly bookings/red cards.

Aberdeen, Moterwell and Hearts will be my picks to fight it out for 3rd place. For some reason I don't think Dundee United will be the same consistent force this season, I have no actual logic or explanation for this but it's just a feeling. Hibs will be hibs, their form will be patchy and they will get the usual plaudits for being such a 'good passing side' before self destructing and losing to sides they really should be beating. Hearts have goals in the team now with Kyle and S.Elliot bringing in some experience in front of goal, also the C.Elliot banging in a few decent goals :eek: I thought he was another Dennis Wyness that could score in the first division but be a nightmare in the SPL. I'm still saying it's one of these 'freaks of nature' that he is scoring goals, he'd need a good ten more decent matches before making me think I was wrong :rolleyes:

Aberdeen are an interesting prospect for me, they have signed quite well in my book. Vernon scored goals at Colchester from what I can remember, quite a few of those knackered my accumulators :mad: Hartley will bring a good bit of experience even if he isn't the same player he was at Tynecastle. At least you can be sure of some good deliveries into the box and if you get a pen - it's a goal :D Craig Brown is doing a cracking job at Motherwell, they are a solid enough side without having too much flair. That could be their downfall against the better sides but they will still be a fixture nobody will look forward to.

Theres my opinion - any other thoughts?:[/quote']

Mageniss is a good player , but not a goalscorer. Same with Vernon actually looks the worst.

I belive having NO full backs at the club will be our downfall.

U21's playing just now in the driving win and Rain at Pitodrie, 1-1 Barry Bannan scored.

Anyone think we should make a National team thread?

Anyone think we should make a National team thread?

I wouldn't post on a national team thread as I do not follow them* :D

I refuse to support a Tic player in any strip :D

(Yes that also includes Bellamy when he's at City - it doesn't include Miller though - but his name IS tainted by his spell there)

LOL

*PS I might support Brazil or Spain though - cos if people from India or Ireland can just pick a team from a different country then so can I :D

Before anyone starts on me though :D I used Ireland and India purely as examples - and I am not directing that at ANY club in either Scotland or England or even Europe :D

I wouldn't post on a national team thread as I do not follow them :D

I refuse to support a Tic player in any strip :D

(Yes that also includes Bellamy when he's at City - it doesn't include Miller though - but his name IS tainted by his spell there)

LOL

Tic? Miller?

You should support your Home Nation not matter how bad they are.