In Memory of Robert Enke

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Robert Enke Passes Away The ignorance of some people in this thread, quite frankly, is disgusting. If the subject of discussion wasn't a person's death, I might even call it laugh

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Robert Enke Passes Away RIP ? I condemn any person who takes there life, regardless if he was suffering from depression, its a cowards act and is unbelieveably selfish. There pe

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Robert Enke Passes Away

What makes it even worse is that he not only leave a wife grieving for there daughter, but a wife who has a new daughter with him. how can anyone feel sorry for this man . . . .

I am not saying its a tradgic situation, i wholeheartedly feel for his situation but it makes me feel sick knowing that he has left behind his family who will probably never ever recover from this.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and 8 month old daughter :(

What makes it even worse is that he not only leave a wife grieving for there daughter' date=' but a wife who has a new daughter with him. how can anyone feel sorry for this man . . . .

I am not saying its a tradgic situation, i wholeheartedly feel for his situation but it makes me feel sick knowing that he has left behind his family who will probably never ever recover from this.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and [b']8 month old daughter[/b] :(

8 month old daughter he and his wife adopted, which kind of makes it worse.

What makes it even worse is that he not only leave a wife grieving for there daughter' date=' but a wife who has a new daughter with him. how can anyone feel sorry for this man . . . .

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and 8 month old daughter :([/quote']

yeah its really sad how his wife lost her daughter and now her husband aswell:(

Steady on folks' date=' everybody is entitled to their opinions, personally I find it hard to condemn someone so damningly without walking in their shoes.

Above all else though somebody lost their life, and people lost somebody they cared about. RIP.[/quote']

I agree, suicide seems/is a bad way to go but as the articles say, he never recovered from the death of his daughter in 2007, no one should live longer than their children in a idealistic world and some people would struggle to cope.

Yes he left behind his wife and his adopted daughter, (knee jerk reaction no doubt seemed a good idea at the time to cope with the loss) but for most of us fortunate enough to not have to deal with a death of a child, i say RIP and pray for those he has left behind.

His wife is obviously a stronger person, but we dont know the facts of how she is in the home etc.

My thoughts go out to his family, friends and 8 month old daughter :([/quote']

My ex's mother killed herself leaving behind her 4 and 5 year old sons when you are that depressed you are thinking about taking your own life all rational thought goes out the window its not black and white ad i dont agree with it but unless you are in that dark place where you are or have contemplated it you can not possibly understand it.

My ex's mother killed herself leaving behind her 4 and 5 year old sons when you are that depressed you are thinking about taking your own life all rational thought goes out the window its not black and white ad i dont agree with it but unless you are in that dark place where you are or have contemplated it you can not possibly understand it.

Considering its affected my life too i can state my opinion whole heatedly knowing thats what i think.

There are ways through depression, other wise we would see people killing themselves all over the place ( much more than atm )

Considering its affected my life too i can state my opinion whole heatedly knowing thats what i think.

There are ways through depression' date=' other wise we would see people killing themselves all over the place ( much more than atm )[/quote']

Ad i live in Bridgend atm suicide is at a all time high.All im saying is when you are that depressed you do not think of the consequences of your actions.

Good to see someone talk some sense. It's all well and good saying "Oh, well he could have just got help". If you're that depressed, that kind of stuff won't be running through your mind.

RIP ?

I condemn any person who takes there life' date=' regardless if he was suffering from depression, its a cowards act and is unbelieveably selfish.

There people who can help, and ways out of depression, he had a wife and family, surely he knew of all people how painful grief can be upon a family, after loosing his daughter. Then he puts his family all through it again.

Disgusting.

Its a shame of course that it has come to this, but suicide is wrong, and his name shouldnt be put into the same context as other footballer who have had there lives taken away from them WITHOUT it being there choice. :mad::mad:[/quote']

Understandable ?

Its the most selfish act possible for a human being to do' date=' he knows the pain of loosing a loved one yet chooses to end his life devasting his family once again.

He does not deserve commendmant.

Im not saying it would be easy to overcome the grief for a loss child, but this is a disgusting act of behaviour, if true.[/quote']

Very harsh.

Tell me Adam, do you know the exact reasons he committed suicide (of this is the case)? Have you ever felt so depressed that you feel like life isn't worth living?

Maybe until you know how it feels, you shouldn't be making comments like that.

Some people have utterly miserable lives, be it because of a disfigurement, because someone close to them (like in this case) dies, etc, and are so miserable they just don't think, they just end their life. To condemn them for being so miserable they take their own life is, IMHO, disgusting.

RIP Robert Enke, a great man. :(

Ad i live in Bridgend atm suicide is at a all time high.All im saying is when you are that depressed you do not think of the consequences of your actions.

You understand that you will leave you family and friends behind. You cannot not know that. Its probably that high at the moment due to the recession , bt i dont want to get side tracked from the thread, i dont want people to think im some heartless idiot who knows nothing about the situation

But all i need to know if, he was under stress / depression and killed himself. I see that as cowardly and selfish and im entitled to that opinion, suicide is something i have dealt with in my life unfortunately and my opinion is as valid as anyones.

Very harsh.

Tell me Adam' date=' do you know the exact reasons he committed suicide (of this is the case)? Have you ever felt so depressed that you feel like life isn't worth living?

Maybe until you know how it feels, you shouldn't be making comments like that.

Some people have utterly miserable lives, be it because of a disfigurement, because someone close to them (like in this case) dies, etc, and are so miserable they just don't think, they just end their life. To condemn them for being so miserable they take their own life is, IMHO, disgusting.

RIP Robert Enke, a great man. :([/quote']

Dont patronise me seft, its obvious to all he commited suicide due to depression caused by the death of his daughter, and if its caused by something else, then my post would of been even harsher.

So because i havent lost a daughter, im not able to say my opinion, iv experienced suicide and my opinion is valid, there are ways out of depression. Disgusting is leaving behind a wife, family and a new born child :rolleyes::rolleyes:

great men dont think of there needs infront of there families. . . . . and i realise he was suffering from depression.

EDIT: I realise depression causes severe lack of judgement, but id like to think that if i was to become depressed i would have some basic control over myself, and not to mention as iv stated hundreds of times, there are ways out and with a loving family there, a family to share his grief with, he should of got through it.

I realise this si tragic but dont shoot me for thinking that suicide is a coward and selfish act, i know people on here agree with me, but many just dont have the balls to say it.

Steady on folks' date=' everybody is entitled to their opinions, personally I find it hard to condemn someone so damningly without walking in their shoes.

Above all else though somebody lost their life, and people lost somebody they cared about. RIP.[/quote']

This is exactly what I was trying to say, I just couldn't word it right.

Just because you wouldn't commit suicide Adam, because your life is so perfect, doesn't mean anyone who does should be condemned.

Some people have utterly miserable lives' date=' be it because of a disfigurement, because someone close to them (like in this case) dies, etc, and are so miserable they just don't think, they just end their life. To condemn them for being so miserable they take their own life is, IMHO, disgusting.

RIP Robert Enke, a great man. :([/quote']

the reason why some have little sympathy is that he had a wife (who is still grieving their child) and they have an adopted child too who wont have a father, so he did infact have a lot to live for (although depression would make him not see that part clearly) and other people will have to suffer even more because of his actions that (assuming they were suicide) ultimately avoidable (and his wife of course will be mourning two people now)

You understand that you will leave you family and friends behind. You cannot not know that. Its probably that high at the moment due to the recession ' date=' bt i dont want to get side tracked from the thread, i dont want people to think im some heartless idiot who knows nothing about the situation

But all i need to know if, he was under stress / depression and killed himself. I see that as cowardly and selfish and im entitled to that opinion, suicide is something i have dealt with in my life unfortunately and my opinion is as valid as anyones.[/quote']

Im not saying your opinion is not valid im saying depression is a mental illness that you can not control so when things in the mind of the said person appear to be so bad that there only relief from it is to take there own life they are not functioning like a normal person would and can not see the things that we can see.