Buy Pjanic for Lucas + £800?

Re: Buy Pjanic for Lucas + £800?

Yep that's the one - Pjanic is in external club and I have Lucas.

so you are able to buy Pjanic for Lucas + 800k?

Definately do this the Lyon man is an absolutely unreal talent.

Lucas has improved but I just can't see him ever going beyond 91 - Pjanic could do though. :)

It depends whether you need a AM or CM. Pjanic undoubtedly has done very well for Lyon this season, scoring goals and creating goals in both the French League and European competitions. In the changes coming up he'll rise to 89.

However, it isn't and shouldn't be an easy choice to make. Lucas has been the unsung hero for Liverpool this season and he's been playing very well of late. He may not score the goals that Pjanic does, but this shouldn't put you off. He puts his 100% into every game, he is comfortable on the ball, a good passer, very good at getting into the right positions and starts nearly every Liverpool move. In the English changes he definitely has a chance of getting 90.

So, would you rather have an attacking midfielder who starts for Lyon, scores goals and will rise in the next few days, or the player at the heart of Liverpool's midfield, who starts for the Brazilian national and is improving constantly. The choice is yours.

It depends whether you need a AM or CM. Pjanic undoubtedly has done very well for Lyon this season' date=' scoring goals and creating goals in both the French League and European competitions. In the changes coming up he'll rise to 89.

However, it isn't and shouldn't be an easy choice to make. Lucas has been the unsung hero for Liverpool this season and he's been playing very well of late. He may not score the goals that Pjanic does, but this shouldn't put you off. He puts his 100% into every game, he is comfortable on the ball, a good passer, very good at getting into the right positions and starts nearly every Liverpool move. In the English changes he definitely has a chance of getting 90.

So, would you rather have an attacking midfielder who starts for Lyon, scores goals and will rise in the next few days, or the player at the heart of Liverpool's midfield, who starts for the Brazilian national and is improving constantly. The choice is yours.[/quote']

To be honest i believe you are biased towards Lucas.

In a totally nuetral position, i have to say Id go for Pjanic.

A overall better player, scoring goals in Europe and France. Whereas on the other hand Lucas is in a team that is decreasing(Liverpool) and isn't scoring that many goals in Europe or even England.

I would undoubtably pay the extra 800k for Pjanic, it would be stupid not to,, wouldn't it?

To be honest i believe you are biased towards Lucas.

In a totally nuetral position' date=' i have to say Id go for Pjanic.

A overall better player, scoring goals in Europe and France. Whereas on the other hand Lucas is in a team that is decreasing(Liverpool) and isn't scoring that many goals in Europe or even England.

I would undoubtably pay the extra 800k for Pjanic, it would be stupid not to,, wouldn't it?[/quote']

I didn't even tell the OP to buy Lucas, I just gave him my opinion on the two players and he can come to his own conclusion. I don't know which part of the post you find bias? Lucas DOES start for the Brazilian national team and is a very important part of Liverpool's starting team - I'm sure the vast majority of REAL Liverpool fans agree. He is going to be borderline 89/90 when the changes are made, whereas Pjanic will get 89, but no higher this time.

I rate Pjanic highly and have him in many of my teams. I'm not saying don't get Pjanic, I'm just saying it's not a straight forward choice (for me anyway) and I wouldn't want the thread starter to be disappointed in a few years time if Lucas reaches his full potential and is mid 90's.

I didn't even tell the OP to buy Lucas' date=' I just gave him my opinion on the two players and he can come to his own conclusion. I don't know which part of the post you find bias? Lucas DOES start for the Brazilian national team and is a very important part of Liverpool's starting team - I'm sure the vast majority of REAL Liverpool fans agree. He is going to be borderline 89/90 when the changes are made, whereas Pjanic will get 89, but no higher this time.

I rate Pjanic highly and have him in many of my teams. I'm not saying don't get Pjanic, I'm just saying it's not a straight forward choice (for me anyway) and I wouldn't want the thread starter to be disappointed in a few years time if Lucas reaches his full potential and is mid 90's.[/quote']

So if a team had Lucas and Pjanic for sale in a team, you'd go for Lucas I assume?

Both players could reach mid90s.

One is the new Ribery of Bosnia, scores goals and sets them up for fun.

The other starts for Liverpool and SOMETIMES Brazil, and links up with different players well; i think he will reach 92/93 maximum.

Lucas doesn't always start for Brazil, but he does feature in games for them. I think Pjanic has the best future for sure. For the shirt term Lucas is the obvious choice but another year or so and Pjanic will either rip the French league apart or move to a bigger/better club.

Both players could reach mid90s.

One is the new Ribery of Bosnia' date=' scores goals and sets them up for fun.

The other starts for Liverpool and SOMETIMES Brazil, and links up with different players well; i think he will reach 92/93 maximum.

Lucas doesn't always start for Brazil, but he does feature in games for them. I think Pjanic has the best future for sure. For the shirt term Lucas is the obvious choice but another year or so and Pjanic will either rip the French league apart or move to a bigger/better club.[/quote']

If Lucas is indeed a short term fix I'll go for Pjanic - because neither are likely to break into my starting line up, not when I've got Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Macherano and Gourcuff there too! (see http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=54500)

If Pjanic's the more likely long term prospect, consider Lucas on his way to France!

Cheers all!

Tom

I didn't even tell the OP to buy Lucas' date=' I just gave him my opinion on the two players and he can come to his own conclusion. I don't know which part of the post you find bias?[b'] Lucas [/b]DOES start for the Brazilian national team and is a very important part of Liverpool's starting team - I'm sure the vast majority of REAL Liverpool fans agree. He is going to be borderline 89/90 when the changes are made, whereas Pjanic will get 89, but no higher this time.

I rate Pjanic highly and have him in many of my teams. I'm not saying don't get Pjanic, I'm just saying it's not a straight forward choice (for me anyway) and I wouldn't want the thread starter to be disappointed in a few years time if Lucas reaches his full potential and is mid 90's.

He is this season, and look how bad Liverpool have been with him as a key player.

He is this season' date=' and look how bad Liverpool have been with him as a key player.[/quote']

u obviously don't watch him play at all.

liverpool's poor form isn't down to lucas and lucas alone, rather it's because of a combination of poor luck, injuries and defensive errors. Against birmingham, it's was a totally one sided match and lucas/mash were dominating the midfield completely. In fact, lucas looked like the one who was going to make the killer pass and we looked less likely to score when aquilani came on for him :rolleyes:

i think it's easy to criticise a single player just because a team isn't doing well, but like it or not, he has been our most consistent player this season and will make it hard for aquilani to get into the first team tbh.

he should and will hit 90 this time round.

as for the question, it depends on what kind of player u need, perhaps pjanic gives u an advantage because of his versatability. But i think it's unfair and unjust to criticise lucas just because pool aren't doing well, and i'm sure he can hit 90 this time round.

u obviously don't watch him play at all.

liverpool's poor form isn't down to lucas and lucas alone' date=' rather it's because of a combination of poor luck, injuries and defensive errors. Against birmingham, it's was a totally one sided match and lucas/mash were dominating the midfield completely. In fact, lucas looked like the one who was going to make the killer pass and we looked less likely to score when aquilani came on for him :rolleyes:

i think it's easy to criticise a single player just because a team isn't doing well, but like it or not, he has been our most consistent player this season and will make it hard for aquilani to get into the first team tbh.

he should and will hit 90 this time round.

as for the question, it depends on what kind of player u need, perhaps pjanic gives u an advantage because of his versatability. But i think it's unfair and unjust to criticise lucas just because pool aren't doing well, and i'm sure he can hit 90 this time round.[/quote']

As Liverpool are on TV so much I watch him a lot. He'll get a rise as he keeps playing so much. He's not terrible, just very average. Clearly, all your problems aren't down to him, but if Aquilani turns out to be anything like a £20 million player and somehow stays fit for 5 minutes, he'll walk into the team.

On the other hand, Pjanic has terrific potential; far more than Lucas.

On the issue of injuries, Torres has played on 10 out 12 league games, Gerrard 9 out of 12, and Johnson 11 out of 12. They've not been hard done by with injuries at all!