For A Few Points More : An Idea For Beating Unmanaged Teams

Re: For A Few Points More : An Idea For Beating Unmanaged Teams

Hey Barra!:) I was hoping if you could help me out on the formation and tactics of my precious Sao Paolo Squad:D I'

ve just finished the season and i finished a dissapointing 7th place and i cant seem to find consistency with my squad:

Victor Valdes

Rui Patricio

Insua

Felipe Luis

Glen Johnson

Andrian Gonzalez

Gonzalo Castro

Thiago Silva

Mamadou Sakho

Baldasso Rodrigo

Miranda

Westermann

Moussa Sissoko

Kompany

Inler

Hugo Henrique

Gourcuff

Dzagoev

Trowchowski

Bastos

Hulk

Defoe

Washington

Pogrebnyak

I will sell the ones in Bold

I'm having a hard time on choosing between: 4-4-2

4-5-1

4-2-3-1

Hope you can help Barracuda:)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once Upon A Time In The Game : An Intro It’s the final match of the season, your team is 2 points ahead of your nearest rivals, and need only a draw to clinch the title. You’re up against an unma

Re: For A Few Points More : An Idea For Beating Unmanaged Teams End Of The Line : A Summary Therefore, to summarize, these are the formations & tactics I suggest you try against unmanaged

Re: For A Few Points More : An Idea For Beating Unmanaged Teams A Fistful Of Factors : What Makes The Difference? Formation Unmanaged teams generally use one of 3 formations : a standard 4-

I have Tottenham Hotspur : Could you help me what formation sould I play and what tactics should i play - I like the 3-5-2 Thanks I would like to tell me how can I play.. and what tactics should I use .. Thanks Mate

Goalkeepers

Tim Howard 90

(On Loan) Morgan DE SANCTIS 89

(On Loan) Gianluca CURCI 88

Defenders

Scherer MAXWELL 92

Luís Kasmirski FILIPE 89

Vedran CORLUKA 91

Álvaro ARBELOA 91

Marcio RAFINHA 90

César AZPILICUETA 87

Nemanja VIDIC 96

John O'SHEA 89

Midfielders

Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER 92

Santi CAZORLA 92

Piotr TROCHOWSKI 91

Stephane SESSEGNON 90

Ryan BABEL 89

Javier ZANETTI 94

David PIZARRO 91

Axel WITSEL 89

Costas KATSOURANIS 89

Mauricio ISLA 87

Attackers

Stefan KIESSLING 90

Nicklas BENDTNER 88

Frédéric KANOUTE 94

Édinson CAVANI 89

Hope you can help Barracuda !!

Hey Barra!:) I was hoping if you could help me out on the formation and tactics of my precious Sao Paolo Squad:D I'

ve just finished the season and i finished a dissapointing 7th place and i cant seem to find consistency with my squad:

Victor Valdes

Rui Patricio

Insua

Felipe Luis

Glen Johnson

Andrian Gonzalez

Gonzalo Castro

Thiago Silva

Mamadou Sakho

Baldasso Rodrigo

Miranda

Westermann

Moussa Sissoko

Kompany

Inler

Hugo Henrique

Gourcuff

Dzagoev

Trowchowski

Bastos

Hulk

Defoe

Washington

Pogrebnyak

4-5-1

4-2-3-1

Adrian Gonzalez is going to rise to 86;) don't know about tactics sorry.

Victor Valdes

Rui Patricio

Insua

Felipe Luis

Glen Johnson

Andrian Gonzalez

Gonzalo Castro

Thiago Silva

Mamadou Sakho

Baldasso Rodrigo

Miranda

Westermann

Moussa Sissoko

Kompany

Inler

Hugo Henrique

Gourcuff

Dzagoev

Trowchowski

Bastos

Hulk

Defoe

Washington

Pogrebnyak

4-5-1

4-2-3-1

I have Tottenham Hotspur : Could you help me what formation sould I play and what tactics should i play - I like the 3-5-2 Thanks I would like to tell me how can I play.. and what tactics should I use .. Thanks Mate

Goalkeepers

Tim Howard 90

(On Loan) Morgan DE SANCTIS 89

(On Loan) Gianluca CURCI 88

Defenders

Scherer MAXWELL 92

Luís Kasmirski FILIPE 89

Vedran CORLUKA 91

Álvaro ARBELOA 91

Marcio RAFINHA 90

César AZPILICUETA 87

Nemanja VIDIC 96

John O'SHEA 89

Midfielders

Bastian SCHWEINSTEIGER 92

Santi CAZORLA 92

Piotr TROCHOWSKI 91

Stephane SESSEGNON 90

Ryan BABEL 89

Javier ZANETTI 94

David PIZARRO 91

Axel WITSEL 89

Costas KATSOURANIS 89

Mauricio ISLA 87

Attackers

Stefan KIESSLING 90

Nicklas BENDTNER 88

Frédéric KANOUTE 94

Édinson CAVANI 89

Hope you can help Barracuda !!

I don't mean to be rude, but you should be asking this in the Tactics Help thread; this thread deals with ideas for combating unmanaged teams...

I hope the leader in my league doesn't read this. Last game of the season. He is 1 point ahead of me. I'm playing 4th place and he is playing like 15th place unmanaged side. In my 20 league games in charge i have caught up 16 to be just one behind him. I might cry if i come this close but don't win haha. I need to win and he needs to draw or lose' date=' cos he has a higher GD. Wish me luck for the 6th of January B)[/quote']

Ok so it turns out, he wasn't playing an unmanaged side. He ended up losing to 15th place hull city!!! Meanwhile i won 5-2 against 5th place blackburn. I WON!!!!!!!! As bad as i would have felt if i didn't win the title, i feel pretty bad for him. Literally pipped on the line. Oh well, its my first silverware (i also won the english cup) with my favourite team who i could see myself with for quite a few years.

nah not really surprised but just expected us both to draw or something like that so i just lose out. Next season i plan to completely dominate and win the 1st division by enough that i will have won it 3 or 4 games from the end of the season :D

Guest BrandonBurrows

I tried your idea (Barracuda) and I won 7-0 with Higuain bagging 5 goals! I was playing at home so I played a 3-5-2 as you suggested. I will have to try this some more to see if it can consistently work. I am no stranger to using the 3-5-2 formation but I think the other things you suggested; what passing style to use and mentality made the difference.

Edit: It was my biggest win in the first division with my Huddersfield.

I tried your idea (Barracuda) and I won 7-0 with Higuain bagging 5 goals! I was playing at home so I played a 3-5-2 as you suggested. I will have to try this some more to see if it can consistently work. I am no stranger to using the 3-5-2 formation but I think the other things you suggested; what passing style to use and mentality made the difference.

Edit: It was my biggest win in the first division with my Huddersfield.

Good to hear that. :) I'm an advocate of direct passing & defensive mentality; it's worked brilliantly for me over a long period of time, across different setups. ;)

Guest BrandonBurrows

Good to hear that. :) I'm an advocate of direct passing & defensive mentality; it's worked brilliantly for me over a long period of time' date=' across different setups. ;)[/quote']

I actually used both of those things plus Higuain as my targetman.

Guest BrandonBurrows

No CF? Would be interesting to see how well it'd work in the long-term; never have consistently used a Fwd as a targetman myself - that role's for my CF.

Haven't got a choice at the moment. All four of my strikers are Fwds. Should I get a CF?

Haven't got a choice at the moment. All four of my strikers are Fwds. Should I get a CF?

No, don't worry, I think it may still work, if the displays of the Grafite-El Hamdaoui combo I had for around 10 games is any indication. Fwds do work well as solo strikers, too.

Just wondering at what sort of difference in team ratings do you make the choice between Normal and Hard Tackling?

Also with regards to the recent posts' date=' will a CF bag more goals than a Fwd of equal rating?[/quote']

1) To be honest, I'm starting to prefer using hard tackling even if both teams are similar-rated. It seems to ensure a bit more possession.

2) It's not what I've experienced over the course of a season, though; it seems the CF racks up tons of assists (along with a few goals), while the Fwd bags the most goals.

Then again, the Fwd I'm talking about is Mladen Petric, one of the best on SM...

1) To be honest' date=' I'm starting to prefer using hard tackling even if both teams are similar-rated. It seems to ensure a bit more possession.

2) It's not what I've experienced over the course of a season, though; it seems the CF racks up tons of assists (along with a few goals), while the Fwd bags the most goals.

Then again, the Fwd I'm talking about is Mladen Petric, one of the best on SM...[/quote']

Thanks, it's always good to know what others are doing/finding out!

Especialy as my teams seem to be doing poop at the moment!!

Last night my Everton (90) lost at home, to an umanaged Sunderland (88) 0-2...

I played 3-5-2, Defensive, Hard Tackling, Dir Pass, Mixed Attack, slow and own half pressing.

Men behind ball, tight marking, target man & Counter attack.

Match stats: Me on the left!!

Possession

45% - 55%

Total Shots

26 - 20

Shots On Target

10 - 12

Corners

4 - 3

My 5 man midfield was out done by their 4!!

Any ideas?? Or just one of those things?

Oh..

CF racks up tons of assists (along with a few goals), while the Fwd bags the most goals.

Does that mean i should play a CF-Fwd combo and not CF-CF up front?

Thanks' date=' it's always good to know what others are doing/finding out!

Especialy as my teams seem to be doing poop at the moment!!

Last night my Everton (90) lost at home, to an umanaged Sunderland (88) 0-2...

I played 3-5-2, Defensive, Hard Tackling, Dir Pass, Mixed Attack, slow and own half pressing.

Men behind ball, tight marking, target man & Counter attack.

Match stats: Me on the left!!

Possession

45% - 55%

Total Shots

26 - 20

Shots On Target

10 - 12

Corners

4 - 3

My 5 man midfield was out done by their 4!!

Any ideas?? Or just one of those things?

Oh..

Does that mean i should play a CF-Fwd combo and not CF-CF up front?[/quote']

I usually play a 4-1-3-2 with torres and a forward upfront . Goals come equally from the AMs and the strikers . But my torres have 4 goals and 10 assists . haha weird

Any formation with 4 or More in midfield (3-5-2 particularly & 4-4-2) will almost everytime, win more possession than your opponent. What you do with it from there on is dependent on the quality of your players & suitability of your tactics against there's. As a preference I'd play 3-5-2 myself. Excuse me butting in Barracuda, read what Barra' says earlier re "unmanaged" teams.

1) To be honest' date=' I'm starting to prefer using hard tackling even if both teams are similar-rated. It seems to ensure a bit more possession.

Then again, the Fwd I'm talking about is Mladen Petric, one of the best on SM...[/quote']

i want to play with you, if there is a good team availabl.e whats the setup?

i must say this is one of the best threads i have ever come across.

it guarantees victory almost 100% of the time!

i was reluctant to post until using it a reasonable amount of time. i have used it since 10 times - with 9 comfortable victories!

the 3-5-2 at home is amazing, although the 4-4-2 used for away games is slightly less fruitful, but still gets me points.

repped...

keep up the good work!

i was reluctant to post until using it a reasonable amount of time. i have used it since 10 times - with 9 comfortable victories!

the 3-5-2 at home is amazing' date=' although the 4-4-2 used for away games is slightly less fruitful, but still gets me points.

repped...

keep up the good work![/quote']

Nice!! Glad it's going well for you but i'm in a sticky patch!!

Lost another home game against a lower team, 0-2.

This is deffinatly a great thread and i've had a lot of success with it! The game engine hates me now though lol! :(

i want to play with you' date=' if there is a good team availabl.e whats the setup?[/quote']

Eww, you pervert. :P

As for the setup I'm in, it's EC 106.

the 3-5-2 at home is amazing' date=' although the 4-4-2 used for away games is slightly less fruitful, but still gets me points.

repped...

keep up the good work![/quote']

Thank you. :) Considering this thread provides merely an 'idea' for beating unmanaged sides and not a 'guarantee', the results it's been producing aren't bad...;)

Nice!! Glad it's going well for you but i'm in a sticky patch!!

Lost another home game against a lower team' date=' 0-2.

This is deffinatly a great thread and i've had a lot of success with it! The game engine hates me now though lol! :([/quote']

The 4-4-2 seems a bit off at the moment, I agree. Let me see whether I can find another formation that does better than it in away games (and do inform me if you happen to know one that has worked well for you consistently over a season or more).