For A Few Points More : An Idea For Beating Unmanaged Teams

Re: For A Few Points More : An Idea For Beating Unmanaged Teams

The 4-4-2 seems a bit off at the moment' date=' I agree. Let me see whether I can find another formation that does better than it in away games (and do inform me if you happen to know one that has worked well for you consistently over a season or more).[/quote']

4-5-1 any good? Using an AM just in front of the middle 4?

For the sake of research i could give it a go tonight. My 90 rated side is facing an 87 rated team in an away game.

I'm wondering though if a DM would be more useful behind the middle 4 than an AM just in front? Using the 4-5-1 def.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once Upon A Time In The Game : An Intro It’s the final match of the season, your team is 2 points ahead of your nearest rivals, and need only a draw to clinch the title. You’re up against an unma

Re: For A Few Points More : An Idea For Beating Unmanaged Teams End Of The Line : A Summary Therefore, to summarize, these are the formations & tactics I suggest you try against unmanaged

Re: For A Few Points More : An Idea For Beating Unmanaged Teams A Fistful Of Factors : What Makes The Difference? Formation Unmanaged teams generally use one of 3 formations : a standard 4-

4-5-1 any good? Using an AM just in front of the middle 4?

For the sake of research i could give it a go tonight. My 90 rated side is facing an 87 rated team in an away game.

I'm wondering though if a DM would be more useful behind the middle 4 than an AM just in front? Using the 4-5-1 def.

Haven't used either formation against them unmanaged teams, so would be interested in your input. :)

Ok here goes...

Well it starts with a bit of a mix up!!

I was looking at different formations and then had to go afk... to cut it short...

I ended up using 4-2-3-1 formation by mistake lol... :o

.................................V.Valdes(91)

....V.D.Weil(88)..Rolando(89)..Thi.Silva(89)..Crisicito(89)

.......................L.Diarra(91)..M.Hamsik(90)

.............Pab.Hern(88)..Clei.Xavier(88)..Di Maria(88)

.................................D.Milito(93)

Overall : 89

Tackling Style: Hard

Mentality: Normal

Passing Style: Direct

Attacking Style: Mixed

Tempo: Normal

Pressing: Own Half

Counter-Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: Yes

Tight Marking: Yes

Play Offside: No

Use Play Maker: No

Use Target Man: Yes

VS

Portsmouth

...................................T.Howard(90)

..A.Van.Borre(86)..Ben Haim(87)..Kaboul(86)..HREIDARSSON(85)

............Boateng(86)..Yeba(87)..M.Brown(86)..Utaka(86)

....................F.PIQUIONNE(87)..A.DINDANE(86)

Overall Rat: 87

Match Stats: (Me on the right)

Possession

45% 55%

Total Shots

19 14

Shots On Target

15 7

Corners

5 4

Final Score:

Portsmouth 2 - 5 Everton

Half Time: (1 - 3)

Port. Goals

H.HREIDARSSON 1

F.PIQUIONNE 51

Ev. Goals

M.HAMSIK 3

D.CRISCITO 21

Á.DI MARIA 40, 49

D.MILITO 62

A good win for me... especialy as Hamsik got a red card in the 17th min!!!

Ok here goes...

Well it starts with a bit of a mix up!!

I was looking at different formations and then had to go afk... to cut it short...

I ended up using 4-2-3-1 formation by mistake lol... :o

.................................V.Valdes(91)

....V.D.Weil(88)..Rolando(89)..Thi.Silva(89)..Crisicito(89)

.......................L.Diarra(91)..M.Hamsik(90)

.............Pab.Hern(88)..Clei.Xavier(88)..Di Maria(88)

.................................D.Milito(93)

Overall : 89

Tackling Style: Hard

Mentality: Normal

Passing Style: Direct

Attacking Style: Mixed

Tempo: Normal

Pressing: Own Half

Counter-Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: Yes

Tight Marking: Yes

Play Offside: No

Use Play Maker: No

Use Target Man: Yes

VS

Portsmouth

...................................T.Howard(90)

..A.Van.Borre(86)..Ben Haim(87)..Kaboul(86)..HREIDARSSON(85)

............Boateng(86)..Yeba(87)..M.Brown(86)..Utaka(86)

....................F.PIQUIONNE(87)..A.DINDANE(86)

Overall Rat: 87

Match Stats: (Me on the right)

Possession

45% 55%

Total Shots

19 14

Shots On Target

15 7

Corners

5 4

Final Score:

Portsmouth 2 - 5 Everton

Half Time: (1 - 3)

Port. Goals

H.HREIDARSSON 1

F.PIQUIONNE 51

Ev. Goals

M.HAMSIK 3

D.CRISCITO 21

Á.DI MARIA 40' date=' 49

D.MILITO 62

A good win for me... especialy as Hamsik got a red card in the 17th min!!![/quote']

Weird that Pompey still got so many shots on goal despite your usage of men behind ball, but good win, yes. :) Thank you for the help.

The other formation I would like to check out is the 5-3-2. Now to get an unmanaged team...

With the 3-5-2 I lost agian !!! Now I have a game with the opponent play 4-4-2 Buy have a very good strikers 96 and 92 ... What should I play I have my team a little better than his ... Thanks

Let me repeat myself : this thread is exclusively dedicated to discussing tactics for defeating unmanaged teams. Please do not ask questions unrelated to the topic. Thank you.

The thread where you should be seeking tactical advice for success against managed teams is this.

Let me repeat myself : this thread is exclusively dedicated to discussing tactics for defeating unmanaged teams. Please do not ask questions unrelated to the topic. Thank you.

The thread where you should be seeking tactical advice for success against managed teams is this.

Did I told you that the team I am giong to play is managed ? I told you " Now I have a game with the opponent play 4-4-2 Buy have a very good strikers 96 and 92 " (I know becuse I saw the last game ) but if you don't want to answer my question don't answer it !!!!

Did I told you that the team I am giong to play is managed ? I told you " Now I have a game with the opponent play 4-4-2 Buy have a very good strikers 96 and 92 " (I know becuse I saw the last game ) but if you don't want to answer my question don't answer it !!!!

To quote your earlier post :

With the 3-5-2 I lost agian !!! Now I have a game with the opponent play 4-4-2 Buy have a very good strikers 96 and 92 ... What should I play I have my team a little better than his ... Thanks

Now' date=' this is the third time you've been asking questions that have nothing to do with this thread (after this & this), despite me & Soccahappy requesting you not to do so, and even redirecting you to the right thread. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop posting off-topic stuff here.

Thanks again for this thread...

One of my teams has just made it to the Quater finals of the shield, using my reserves, youth players and 4-2-3-1 formation!

Each game i've done the v.defensive and pray tactics and the latest game my 83 rated team beat a 91 rated side.

Unmanaged teams need to watch out lol!!

Thanks again for this thread...

One of my teams has just made it to the Quater finals of the shield' date=' using my reserves, youth players and 4-2-3-1 formation!

Each game i've done the v.defensive and pray tactics and the latest game my 83 rated team beat a 91 rated side.

Unmanaged teams need to watch out lol!![/quote']

:D

Be careful just in case your 83-rated side comes face-to-face with a lower-rated team; your luck may run out then. :P

:D

Be careful just in case your 83-rated side comes face-to-face with a lower-rated team; your luck may run out then. :P

ooww.. not thought of that lol!!

My next game is an away game and was thinking of the 5-3-2 but wasn't sure what players to deploy.

Its just that the outer 2 of the back 5 look like they're in midfield!!

Is that just the limits of the display thingy? Are they ment to be more close to the defenders?

So should it look like this?....

RB-CB-CB-CB-LB

....RM-CM-LM

.......CF-FWD

ooww.. not thought of that lol!!

My next game is an away game and was thinking of the 5-3-2 but wasn't sure what players to deploy.

Its just that the outer 2 of the back 5 look like they're in midfield!!

Is that just the limits of the display thingy? Are they ment to be more close to the defenders?

So should it look like this?....

RB-CB-CB-CB-LB

....RM-CM-LM

.......CF-FWD

Based on my experience with the 5-4-1, it seems pure RBs & LBs don't do too well there; I think RB/RMs & LB/LMs (or RM/RBs & LM/LBs) may be more suitable. And the central midfield trio surely resembles that in a 3-5-2.

Well, i'm going for the 5-3-2 tonight!

2 away games... 1st against a team rated 1 higher than mine, unmanaged.

2nd.. a managed team using 4-3-3 wingers, but with only attacking mentality changed from standard.

Just have to wait and see now!

Edit..

Results are now in.. Lost against the managed side.. his line up was rated 3 higher than mine in the end.

Against the unamanaged side...

Home side 4-4-2 rated 90 (Everton - standard side by the looks of it)

Me - 5-3-2 rated 89

Everton 1 - 4 São Paulo

Half Time: (0 - 2)

Everton

L.SAHA 66

My Team

C.LUIS FABIANO 2

D.RENATO 26

A.CASSANO 71

J.ROLANDO 84

They had 2 players sent off (37 CM, 81 CB mins), so that will have effected things but i was 2-0 up before the first guy went and then 3-1 up when one of my CB's added the final goal!!

Full Match Statistics

Possession

34% - 66%

Total Shots

6 - 16

Shots On Target

5 - 9

Corners

6 - 7

Yellow Cards

2 - 0

Red Cards

2 - 0

Never seen so much possession! Although again.. with the 2 sending offs its hard to know what it might have been.

• 2 weeks later...

help required from experienced sm manager.

i've read that having better tactics will enable to win against better teams. so what should be the tactics in the given scenarios for success in the game. (just mention the tactics - no explanation required),,,,

what would be the best tactics against:

OPPONENT WITH HIGHER RATING:

formation =

tackling style =

mentality =

passing style =

attacking style =

tempo =

pressing =

playstyle =

OPPONENT WITH LOWER RATING:

formation =

tackling style =

mentality =

passing style =

attacking style =

tempo =

pressing =

playstyle =

OPPONENT WITH EQUAL RATING:

formation =

tackling style =

mentality =

passing style =

attacking style =

tempo =

pressing =

playstyle =

i've gone through several threads in tactical help section by several managers and they seen to be very helpful. but they are long and confusing to me. so i would really appreciate help!!!!!!

End Of The Line : A Summary

[*]Use playmaker : No (use this if you have a player with a rating significantly higher than those of his teammates' date=' and make him the playmaker)[/i']

[*]Use targetman : Yes (your CF / highest-rated forward)

Feel free to post your thoughts or ask any questions you might have, and I’ll try to answer them.

hello..i m playing this last game of the season today against Benefica (89 average rating) my team is 94 avg rated Real Madrid..

So I have setted up 4-4-2 as u mentioned..with

Ramos(94)----------Other Defs-------------

KAKA(97)-Diarra(92)-Hamsik(91)-Gurdado(91)

---------Rooney(96)---Messi(98)-----------

I am opting for Direct Attacking Approch..Choosing Down the Right flank attacking style with Mixed passing..so should I choose KAKA as Playmaker option?? or not to choose this Playmaker option(since, my Strikers are nearly equally rated as KAKA)

Who would perform better as Targetman Messi or Rooney?? (I have opted for Rooney)

hello..i m playing this last game of the season today against Benefica (89 average rating) my team is 94 avg rated Real Madrid..

So I have setted up 4-4-2 as u mentioned..with

Ramos(94)----------Other Defs-------------

KAKA(97)-Diarra(92)-Hamsik(91)-Gurdado(91)

---------Rooney(96)---Messi(98)-----------

I am opting for Direct Attacking Approch..Choosing Down the Right flank attacking style with Mixed passing..so should I choose KAKA as Playmaker option?? or not to choose this Playmaker option(since' date=' my Strikers are nearly equally rated as KAKA[/u'])

Who would perform better as Targetman Messi or Rooney?? (I have opted for Rooney)

Kaka is a AM . why play him there ? I would put Messi as targetman as he is the higher rated forward . If Rooney was a CF i would choose him

Well I'm sad to report that after playing 2 teams in 2 different leagues since early Dec 09 exactly in accordance with Barracuda's ideas for beating unmanaged teams, my teams are still unable to beat 'lower rated', 'unmanaged' teams 'at home'. Today was just another 'draw' result in a long list of draws since 16 Dec 09. I have followed Barracuda's guide to the letter. On 1 occasion I couldn't even beat an opponent with only 10 men on the field. :mad:

What I 'have' found is that my opponents 'consistently' score within 2 minutes after I change formation - almost 100% of the time. :mad:

The only matches I have won have been when I have 'not' had to change formation during the match, mostly I was in the lead by half time. :)

So I have observed that it's much better NOT to change formation during a match/2nd half. :o

Sorry to report back so negatively about all this, especially when others appear to report back favourably. Maybe the computer engine has been modified lately. But I'm done with following this guide. :(

In future, I'm sticking to my original formation throughout the match and will only adjust the tactics. Let's see how I go in the next 2 months in comparison. I will report back on any difference. :confused:

In summary, I still don't know how you are all beating unmanaged lower rated teams at home but I hope to find out sooner rather than later. Thanks anyway Barracuda, and good luck everyone. B)

Further to my previous post:

This morning I got the results of my 1st match (still early days I know) of NOT following Barracuda's guide since 16 Dec. Result?

Well - Situation first.

At home, with a much lower rated team than unmanaged opponent (80 vs 86). I'm resting my best players for upcoming Cup final in 2 days. I started with a 4-4-2 formation and very defensive. I was using players as low as 67 rating. No formation change throughout match.

Result - I WON 3-0!!! (1-0 at half time). I was never behind. Amazing!!! :) Even if I had wanted to use Barracuda's guide, it would not have played out because I was never behind in the match.

Although this result doesn't prove much about the worth of using or not using Barracuda's guide, it does amaze me that this 'poorly' rated team can do what my 'highly' rated team can't do when Barracuda's guide is forced to be implemented.

Nothing against Barracuda, but I am starting to believe that this site's AI engine is flawed. I much much much prefer 'Football manager 2010'. I am doing far better in that game than this one....and I rarely change formation during the match when playing there. I am getting about 70% wins after about 100 matches played. Won Serie A once (1st season) and runner up in 2nd season and am about to win it again with Juventus in my 3rd season. Won the Itaian Cup twice and runner up in the European Champions league once (on a penalty shootout).