SM Getting Rid of Transfer Budget ?

Not quite sure what to make of it yet, but I just received the following message from SM on one of my accounts (not all of them yet) :

IMPORTANT NEWS:
The chairman has decided to invest a further £27,067,801 into
CSKA Moskva
. Your Chairman has decided to remove your Transfer Budget and instead allow you to spend all your available balance.

Also notice that the Transfer Budget was REMOVED and there is now ONLY just a Budget.

No word from SM yet on this. At first blush it appears that they are doing away with Transfer Budgets.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not quite sure what to make of it yet, but I just received the following message from SM on one of my accounts (not all of them yet) : IMPORTANT NEWS: The chairman has decided to invest a further £2

Re: SM Getting Rid of Transfer Budget ? I'm well chuffed. My Huddersfield had an overall balance of 800k but a transfer budget of 22m. So i would've been -£21m if i'd spent it all. Now due to this:

Re: SM Getting Rid of Transfer Budget ? The following changes have been made to the Game World economies to fix all issues with the old system. We believe this will give money a meaning, penalise e

Re: SM Getting Rid of Transfer Budget ?

I think this is a backwards step, i agree that there were issues with the budget / transfer kitty system but a few tweaks and that system could really of worked, dissapointed to see it come to this tbh.

I have PLENTY of suggestions that would of been alot better than just removing this feature . . . .

GC9

IMPORTANT NEWS: The chairman has decided to invest a further £1,367,407 into Aston Villa. Your Chairman has decided to remove your Transfer Budget and instead allow you to spend all your available balance.

Personally I liked transfer budgets as it gave my lower rated teams a chance to buy players that the big guns couldn't afford after they had used up the allowance, maybe the player AI is on it's way soon then?

Only time will tell, so will wait and see how it pans out....

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Where are they plucking out these figures? In one set up I got 35 million, in another I got 400,000 for a First Division English League, the differences are astronomical, some I got zilch :o

Very happy to see this happening. The 'new' system was a disaster to put it nicely. This is probably temporary until SM can think of some way to make it work though which saddens me :/

Be very careful what you wish for...

Just watch SM put in some penalty on managers for having a negative Budget and ruining the financial system on this game even further.

I'll be very curious to see where they are taking all this.

That said' date=' it's not going to stop me from suggesting my own fix to the biggest financial problem affecting this game... Crippling Attendances

great with the addition of the system just gone i lost 10 million from a GC Bournemouth, and with it switching back i just lost a further 6 million. I always planned to balance my books by selling risers in a months time, this has effectively squashed all hopes of me signing anyone in that team, beenfits big teams who never go into debt and tightens the grip on smaller teams who go into debt, but sell players to get out.

Cheers SM . . . idiotic decision:mad:

Be very careful what you wish for...

Just watch SM put in some penalty on managers for having a negative Budget and ruining the financial system on this game even further.

I'll be very curious to see where they are taking all this.

That said' date=' it's not going to stop me from suggestion my own fix to the biggest financial problem affecting this game... Crippling Attendances

Most of my budgets have really small amounts in them anyway so this wont add to any of my balances for all 60 odd teams. :( I have even been stopped deals in an EC as my 20mil balance has been wiped out to 2mil. Gutted aint the word.

The clubs with the highest debt profited the most. I got about 30 million for two of my teams when their debt ws wiped out. Two others that didn't have much debt didn't gain anything.

I would have preferred another solution to the debt problem (5% interest a week?) but something had to be done. It was just too useful to add more and more debt.

The reason I see for it tbh is that in the "old" system, transfer budget and balance weren't in-sync, so people could still buy players even if they are in debt balance wise.

For example:

Team A start with £10m, because of gate receipts etc they are losing £500k every 2 turns. The balance would go down but the budget would not. So you could wait until your balance reaced 0, and still bid for players to the value of 10m. It did seem a little stupid that the two figures didn't marry up in any way, so I guess it's now if you lose money every game then go into minus figures you have to sell to buy, and if the players you do sell don't pay off your debt, you'll still be unable to buy.

It's effectively a way to further combat "player hogging" as such, but imo it's another nail in the coffin of the small teams working up the leagues, who are more often than not in debt, and needed that buffer in order to survive. Unless gate receipts and TV revenue are adjusted accordingly, moreso for the small clubs in lower divisions than anything else, we're gonna end up with about 40 managers in each GC, which ain't what we want :(

Most of my budgets have really small amounts in them anyway so this wont add to any of my balances for all 60 odd teams. :( I have even been stopped deals in an EC as my 20mil balance has been wiped out to 2mil. Gutted aint the word.

Completely understand you Dai,

Bournemouth in GC19, i always, always buy risers to sell purely on the basis that it will keep me in the green, but i had a few targets , well positions i needed to fill and i had the money now, and planned to get out of debt in a months time when alot of TB run out, but thanks to this, i have to wait a month just to try and get the money to improve my team :mad: going to have to sell playrs i dont want to now :(

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Ok, now it's getting ridiculous. I have Hibernian in GC7 and Hearts in GC 12. Had both teams a long time and more success with Hearts,(won league last season) So, both teams had similar bank balances before this change, but Hibernian got just under 36 million and Hearts got under 3 million? :confused::eek:. How did they come to that decision?

Both teams are similar in nearly every way...same league set up. same monies? Please explain SM how you decided who gets what because I'm soooooo confused right now?

Ok' date=' now it's getting ridiculous. I have Hibernian in GC7 and Hearts in GC 12. Had both teams a long time and more success with Hearts,(won league last season) [b']So, both teams had similar bank balances before this change, but Hibernian got just under 36 million and Hearts got under 3 million? :confused::eek:. How did they come to that decision?[/b]

Both teams are similar in nearly every way...same league set up. same monies? Please explain SM how you decided who gets what because I'm soooooo confused right now?

Cause Hibs are far better obv:cool:

Anyway..

I haven't any of these changes yet. Is it only in older game worlds?

The clubs with the highest debt profited the most. I got about 30 million for two of my teams when their debt ws wiped out. Two others that didn't have much debt didn't gain anything.

Totally agree - one of my teams who was £30 Million in debt have now had £66.5 Million added.

"IMPORTANT NEWS: The chairman has decided to invest a further £66,584,493 into West Ham United. Your Chairman has decided to remove your Transfer Budget and instead allow you to spend all your available balance."

I had been selling players recently to try and get back to a zero balance as I was expecting the chairman to step in and sell my players for me - now I'm not so sure - Any advice anyone ??

What do SM have in store for us :)

i can see this benifiting sm i the long run , it will make it less complicated and easier to control finances but in the short term it will ruin well plaed plans of many older teams who with the money they have lost bought a major signing or several young risers