Gold Championship 78 - Official Transfer News and Match Reports.

Re: Gold Championship 78 - Official Transfer News and Match Reports.

arsenal-logo.gif

Arsenal announce new manager!

Paul McGrath ( AKA Adam Johnson ) has been appointed the replacement to Arsene Wenger after the Frenchman was arrested and ultimately convicted for the kidnapping of children.

Johnson is set to maintain Arsenals youth policy but legally, unlike his predecessor. Galls, Arshavin, Clichy, Sagna and Nasri are all transfer listed, but Johnson has warned that the clubs star players such as Fabregas and Van Persie are not safe from being sold.

Bristol_Rovers.jpg

Bristol Rovers Signs Grant Thame as Manager.

Out of all the offer given to Grant Thame, the Bristol Rovers job was to good not to turn down, Mr. Thame was looking at 2 different clubs but the look of his hometown team was in the right way to make him sign on the dotted line.

psv-eindhoven.png

PSV Announce New Manager

Earlier today Dutch side PSV Eindhoven unveiled Patrick Coll as their new manager. The new boss said at his first press conference that all players would be available but only for part exchange. No new signings have been confirmed but reports suggest the club will tie up a number of players by the end of the week.

4_1194003536.gif

New man announced at St. Andrews this early hour

0,,12306~3663917,00.jpg

(Birmingham City fans were jubilant after hearing Englishmen Jake was appointed.)

News reaching SkySportsNews this hour is that Birmingham City owner Vico Hui has appointed the Englishmen after him and his Hong Kong partners agreed a fee for the Englishmen to manage Birmingham for 1 season. Jake's expectations with Birmingham are to ensure that they stay up this season and Jake builds a decent squad to help him do that. Jake is yet to rule out any transfer moves for his players and English U-21 goal-keeper Joe Hart is the latest Birmingham player to be linked out of St. Andrews.

We caught up with Jake after being appointed the proud manager of the Birmingham based club and this is what he had to say to SkySportsNews reporters who gathered outside St. Andrews, "I am proud to say I manage this club, it has alot of great talent waiting to rise until they are spectacular. Joe Hart is possibly out best player and I hope to keep hold of him but if a big bid comes in well... I will have to let him go, the same goes for all my other players too, if it meets my asking price, it will get accepted."

So with a new man at Birmingham City things look to be heading up as they face London outfit Fulham on Saturday night where their campain to stay up will begin. More news to come when we get it.

204_front_small.png32_1203570233.gif117_front_small.png

Today Fulham named Mattuie Beckett there new manager he will be looking for a top 6 finish this season and has been bissy dealing all day with Clint Dempsey saying good by to the fans for the last time as he is heading to england out fits Stoke with a youth and a striker coming in also Gabriel Milito is joining from Barsalona for a un disclosed fee, youth striker Sidney Sam has hit the head lines and is joining Fulham with Erik Nevland leaving in the deal, Kenny Miller is joining from Rangers with 2 players leaving, Peter Crouch is also joining with a striker and a keeper leaving, Andriy Shevchenko is on his way back to england with 2 players leaving to russa, David Albelda is joining with 12M and a player leaving and youth Scott Laird is joining for 20k.

Blackpool_FC.png

New Manager At Bloomfield Road

flag.jpg

News just in, Blackpool have confirmed there new manager is Josh Newman. The young Englishman had taken over his fourth Gold Championship club. Not as experienced as other managers but he knows what he's doing. Blackpool sacked there manager at the end of last season due to putting false accusations on the chairman.

In an interview with The Sun Josh Newman said;

"It is every managers dream to take over a club like Blackpool, how do you feel?"

"Oh I feel ecstatic, it's just immense you can't describe it!"

"What is your opinion of the fans at this club?"

"The fans are amazing, they'll support you all the way, and the atmosphere at games both home and away, fantastic!"

"And finally transfers are an important part in any managers career, are there going to be any?"

"Well, there are some things that just have to be kept secret and that's one."

1278105613.png

Transfer Activity Completed @ Barcelona

Manager Nin Chatha has been very active in the transfer market with new side Barcelona building a squad that he would like to see challenge on all 4 fronts this season.

Once notable shock was allowing vice captain and star playmaker Xavi move to Liverpool which saw Argentine Captain Javier Mascherano, Italian International Alberto Aquilani and 7 million exchange hands.

Alberto_Aquilani_559470.jpg

Aquilani deep in thought wondering if he has done the best thing

PicImg_Javier_Mascherano_shopping_2a63.jpg

Macherano just got the call and is shocked but inside he is very happy

Barca have also wrapped up some cash signings also in the way of Jonas Guttierez from Newcastle, Mariano Andujar as backup to Victor Valdes but Andujar will be allowed to leave on loan to a team who will play him all season.

Others deals that got done were Gabriel Milito moving to Fulham with Brede Hangeland and Damien Duff arrive at the camp nou and no sooner had he landed at the airport, Duff was told to get back on a flight which was heading to Newcastle as he has moved on a season long loan.

216px-Damien_Duff.jpg

Duff looking relaxed in training for the toon

And probably the 2 biggest decision Nin Chatha has made that has left fellow managers scratching their heads were allowing Bojan to leave for Roma with Totti and 2 million coming to Barca, Also a deal has been agreed with Bayer Leverkuson which will see Tranquillo Barnetta arrive and Sergio Busquets leave. A decision which was made easier by the the 2nd deal which was done with roma which saw Maxwell(House) leave and Rodrigo Taddei & Matteo Brighi arrive along with 6 million

Nin Chatha has stated it's a results based game and i feel i have 2 squads capable of challenging for honours

Blackpool_FC.png

Blackpool Fans in Wonderland After New Signing

article-0-009E537C0000044C-956_468x550.jpg

(Darius Arrives at Bloomfield Road)

Blackpool have completed the fantastic signing of ex-Mancheter City striker Darius Vassell on a three-year deal.

The Englishman, 29, left Ankaragücü after he got kicked out of a hotel because his club failed to pay the bills.

Blackpool are believed to have payed Turkish club Ankaragücü £6,950,000 for Vassell.

"Blackpool look like the team to beat this season in the Championship and i want to help them get promoted," said Vassell.

Vassell was mobbed by fans and news reporters as he arrived at Bloomfield Road.

"This is fantastic," said Blackpool boss Josh Newman. "He is a player of much importance and he's going to give us that edge going forward."

Vassell, who will wear the number 11 shirt for Blackpool, spent eight games at Ankaragücü and scored two goals before deciding it was the wrong decision.

Manager Josh Newman told SkySportsNews, "This is just amazing the fans love him and he is going to make a huge difference to our team. I have swapped the formation round, we are now going to play 4-3-3 with two wings, one of which will be Vassell. On that note I would like to say that all of our Left Midfielder's are available for transfer. I would like Part-Exchange for Charlie Adam but David Vaughan and Joe Martin can go for cash."

s_1200000.jpg

Johnson settled into life as a Gunner !

Since taking charge at the Emirates over two weeks ago, English man Adam Johnson hasnt changed things drastically from his predecessor. Arsene Wenger will next week start his 10 year prison sentence for the abduction of children and child trafficing, although sad news to the world of football and Arsenal fans everywhere, Johnson has had a calming effect upon the club, so far no players have been sold from the Emirates, Johnson too also favours a policy that leans towards youth, over the last few days Johnson has brought in:

Patricio Rodriguez

Joaquin Boghossian

Franco Jara

Ismael Quilez

Alexandu Epureanu

Johnson is expected to bring in yet more young and talented players over the next week.

Results wise Arsenal have started admirably.

Man City 1-2 Arsenal

Arsenal faced the rich boys at their own stomping ground and came away with all three points, it turned out to be a close game scoreline wise, but overall Arsenal dominated precedings with 63% possession and amassed 21 shots. Goals from Gallas and Van Persie sealed the win.

Inter Milan 1-1 Arsenal

After travelling to Manchester, Arsenal had yet another trip a few days later, this time , a little far a field in the form of Milan. Johnson continued the Arsenal tradition and played a relatively young team, even giving a start to young Argentine sensation Patricio Rodriguez. Inter took the lead in the 15th minute through Stankojvic, only for Eduardo to equalise in the 29th minute.

Arsenal 1-0 West Ham

Johnsons first home game was a London derby, Arsenal dominated precedings but only a single goal seperated the teams coutesy of Rosicky.

Bristol_Rovers.jpg BRISTOL ROVERS NEWS

First 3 Matches

League Match

Bristol Rovers 1 (Jonathan Soriano)

Charlton Athletic 1 (Leon McKenzie)

English Shield Round 1 Match

Bristol Rovers 1 (Jo Kuffour)

Leeds United 2 (Nick Barmby and Sam Vokes)

League Match

Tranmere Rovers 0

Bristol Rovers 3 (Naohiro Takahara(2) and Darryl Duffy)

• 3 weeks later...

arsenal-logo.png

Arsenal firing on all cylinders !

Arsenal 7-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Arsenal came out on top of the North London deby in fantastic fashion, it was certainly a game that could ever be remembered by both sets of fans, for completely different set of reasons. The gunners dominated play with 57% possession and 28 shots.

Funnily enough Spurs took the lead in the 7th minute when A.Johnson scored, but from then on it was all Arsenal. A minute after considing, lady luck smiled down on Arshavin as his shot was wickedly deflected into the back of the net.

4283867755-soccer-barclays-premier-league-newcastle-united-v-arsenal-st-james.jpg

It got worse for Spurs, very quickly, a poor pass back immediately from kick off allowed young argentine striker Jara to roll the ball into the back off the net

The flood gates were officially opened and in the 28th minute Andre Arshavin grabbed his second of the game, some neat footwork and a clever finish was just to good for Gomez.

In the 35th minute, Cesc Fabregas scored a sublime goal with a powerful effort that bounced off the post and into the back of the net, sending the home fans into raptures.

cesc_fabregas_arsenal_home_jersey.jpg

Tottenham tried to regroup after the half time break, brought Arsenals skill and attacking prowess was simply to good. Both Song and Gallas grabbed goals to max it 6-1 by the 63rd minute. Spurs fans started to leave the Emirates immediately, with jeers and taunts following them.

Croation striker Eduardo ended the rout in the 66th minute after hammering the ball home emphatically.

" Im stunned, i expected a much harder game than this, i know were a better team, but this is a derby, there manager and players should be ashamed, simply stunning performance "

FernandoTorresSpainITV_992024.jpg

Fernando Torres is a GUNNER !

Last week, Fernando Torres swapped the sinking ship that is Liverpool for the Gunners, a deal which saw Theo Walcott + Van Persie move to Anfield.

"Im delighted to be here, there are three main reasons why i joined this club, 1) I have always wanted to work with Adam Johnson, 2) Fabregas is a close friend of mine and it will be a pleasure to work with him, and finally, altough i have had some great times at Liverpool, they arent the team i want them to be, and its time for me to move on"

Since moving to the Emirates El Nino hasnt started a game, but is expected to start in Arsenals next league fixture.

arsenal-logo.jpg

Arsenal dominate in breath taking display !

Portsmouth 0-5 Arsenal

Arsenal continued there premiere league title assault, in emphatic style by ripping poor old Portsmouth to pieces at Fratton Park infront off 20,688 fans.

In Arsenals previous game, the North London derby, the gunners fired in 7 goals, and with the Fernando Torres being given his full debut, many fans were expecting goals, and they got what they wanted.

It was as one sided as the score line suggests, Arsenal held over 65% possession and peppered David James with 20 shots, 12 more than there opponents.

Song got the opener, 3 minutes into the game, a superb header sent the ball crashing into the back of the net.

Pompey held out for just over half an hour, until El Nino miss hit a shot which snuck under James to roll over the line, certainly not the best goal scored by the Spaniard but hopefully the first of many goals to come in his Arsenal career.

FernandoTorresSpainITV_992024.jpg

Although shaken and being played off the park, Pompey held out to half time. There effort was in vain as they crumbled from kick off, Eduardo Da Silva scored from an acute angle to make it 3-0 in the 46th minute, one minute later Sagna toe poked the ball home to make it 4-0, by this stage many of the Pompey fans were leaving the ground, the Arsenal fans however were jubilant.

In the 84th minute, El Nino got his brace, rising above the defense, showing his class, glancing the ball into the side netting.

The gunners are currently first, 2 points infront of an impressive Birmingham City.

boo.jpg

Next up for the gunners is a tricky tie against fourth place Liverpool.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just took over at Sampdoria. They're bottom of the Italian league and it seems the previous manager decided to never rest his players. I have barely any fit players!

Signed Moretti from Genoa for 17m and Rivaldo for 5m, however I'd really appreciate it if someone could hook me up with an 87+ rated CM for literally 2 matches while I try work something out :o

• 1 month later...

Wasnt very long term ryan :P

Arsenal looking to sell Arshavin / Nasri / Gallas / Clichy / Sagna

Replacements needed' date=' im short on wide players, defenders and i could do with an extra forward, bear that in mind when bidding for players[/quote']

Yeah sorry about that. :o Had a really big cut down on teams and TSG were one of those. :o and today i saw an untouched Fener and I have taken them, i have not a clue why. Haha, anyone for sale? :)

• 2 months later...

chelseaBADGE.jpg

New Manager At Stamford Bridge

Jaspal Thaliwal has been announced as the new manager of chelsea. The past manager left the job after not making it into any europe competions. The new manager has criticized some of the past managers deals as poor and explains last years disspointing season they had but on the bright side they are top of the league after 3 games.This is'nt the only newcomer to the bridge also young french talent Antonie Griezmann has joined from Toulouse for a price of 6.5million and should be playing tonights game against barnsley.

1254079486042_f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MR. HAMMER

224_1228667538.jpg

istockphoto_833614-signing-contract.jpg

It is beleved FC Porto a few days ago named there new manager in Mattuie Beckett the 17 year old was qwick to take the job on a 5 year deal and is aiming to win the league at least 2 time in his time here,

It is beleved the manager has also been given £22,000,000 to spend on new players and he has told press he is aiming to make a impact this season to push for a top 2 finish.

The team went in to the 1st game under there new manager against Vitória de Guimarães and came out 2-1 winers the manager was qwick to tell press he is aiming to make a biger impact this season with new signings and selling the smaller players.

rodrigo12.jpg

The teams 1st signing came in the form of Argentina Forword Rodrigo Palacio the 28 year old signed a 5 year deal and made a big impact with a goal in his 1st game to see Porto win he signed for £11,000,000 and is expected to be a key player for the rest of the season.

article-0-05804CFA000005DC-91_468x451.jpg

Also to join was 23 year old Joe Hart who signed for Porto on a 5 year deal on £31,350 a week he signed after 49 games with Birming in a deal reported to be worth £11,200,000 and the manager is backing him to be a key player and he is now there number 1 for the rest of this season.

1209409318_spt_ai_barcelona_pressconf_01.jpg

It is reported that FC Porto has sold Gianluca Zambrotta to English side Tottenham in a deal reported to be seing £5,000,000 pluss Left back Benoît Assou-Ekotto the deal will also see Right Back John Pantsil join and the manager has told press this is not the best deal but we need dept if we are going to go forword in this league.