Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

We have introduced a new aspect to the game called ‘Player Concerns’.

Player Concerns‘ is a form of moral that is centered around concerns a player can develop. If these concerns are not addressed the player will eventually demand a transfer and leave your club. Any player may make a transfer request and in doing so they are publicly stating their desire to move, and encouraging other clubs to make an offer for them.

A few key points regarding ‘Player Concerns‘:

* Players develop concerns over a period of time for a variety of reasons;

* There are four areas of concern which a player could develop;

* There are Five Levels of concern which a player can develop;

* Players with concerns will suffer a decrease in morale as concerns are just an extension of morale;

* If you do not deal with their concerns then they will eventually demand a transfer and leave;

* Youth players do not develop concerns (age 21 and under) unless good enough to play;

* Concerns will stay with players across seasons and they will pass from one season to the next;

* Stages will progress from Level 1 through to Level 5 and a concern can only start at Level 1 and cannot jump or skip levels

* Whilst Stages will progress from Level 1 through to Level 5, similarly the same applies when concerns are disappearing. They only go down one level at a time (with the only exception being when a wage dispute is resolved);

* If a player gets to a Level 5 concern or has multiple high concerns then they will request a transfer and be placed on the transfer list for the Chairman’s asking price;

* You cannot turn down a transfer request or do anything to change the players mind at this stage;

* You will not be able to reject deals or negotiate a transfer deal;

* After 3-5 days the Chairman will accept the highest bid and the player will be sold to that club.

The introduction of ‘Player Concerns‘ is aimed at making the game more realistic and stopping the so called ‘Star Hogging’ problem. This new improvement/feature is being introduced with immediate effect to all new Standard and Gold Game Worlds and it will be introduced into existing Game Worlds when they move into a new season. We recommend that you take a few minutes to read the Player Concerns article within the Online Help to see how this feature works.

Re: Player Concerns

One thing you guys at SM should keep in mind is that SM ratings rise slowly.

Take Conceicao PATRICK for example. The guy is 26 years old and rated 76. Now this season he is making his breakthrough in Brazil.

With the next rating he may get an 80 or 82 and then an 84 and perhaps one change later he will be ready to play for my team. With the new system he may get concerned during that time because he gets no playing time. Sure, but if he doesnt get it its not because he is not good enough or i am hogging a player, but because the SM ratings are adjusting more slowly than real life is.

Concerns should not lead to a player leaving a club until he has been rated twice after he was aquired.

This should only have been implemented if the schedule of clubs, particularly in GCs, is less hectic. Some of my GC teams will have a game on Monday, then on Wednesday, then Friday and then Saturday (ok this only happened once, but still) and I need about 30-35 players to cover for injuries and to be able to compete in all competitions. Now my 87-88 rated players will be leaving for cash when they don't play and I'll be left with an NMF team.

Now my 87-88 rated players will be leaving for cash when they don't play and I'll be left with an NMF team.

I can't imagine players will leave if they get 10 games a season. If you rotate a little keeping hold of 30 players shouldn't be to difficult. Just a guess though.

I welcome that change.

Of course, it will lead to many players becoming unhappy, and some of your players might leave before they've reached their full potential, but look at it this way: For every player developing a concern at your club, there'll be dozens of players doing the same at other clubs, with quite a few of them probably being as or even more talented than the player at your club.

If anything, it will encourage deals (before Lv5 is reached, there'll probably be quite a few p/e bargains for players on a Lv4 concern), and it will benefit those managers, who actively care about their team. Those who'll really be hit hard by it will be the managers neglecting their teams, playing the same NMF line-up every time, and those who can't be bothered to take part in the transfer market.

I like the basic idea as well. I am just a little worried about the implication. I don't think a player who is 22 should suddenly become concerned.

I actually just checked one of my teams. My Oxford has 236 player on contract. 9 of these players are older than 24 and 5 of those 9 are GKs. That means i have 4 field players older than 24 out of 236.

My policy works like this: I buy talents and by the time they get 23 -25 i usually find out if they can help in the long run. The best are kept and the rest sold.

The only problem for me would be if the players age 22-24 would get concerned as well, because at that age you can't really make a call yet in many cases. Thats why i am hoping for a gradual approach.

We have been testing this feature for a good 6 months and we believe it is ready to go game wide.

I feel sorry for Teb

Teb has been one of the testers for this new feature and without wanting (or needing) to put words into his mouth he is 'happy' with the new feature.

So if Teb isn't worried about the impact no else should be!! :D

Can a player still demand a transfer if it means dropping below 21 players in your squad?

Yes they can.

I don't think a player who is 22 should suddenly become concerned.

Becoming concerned isn't a problem. Letting concerns develop to the point were a player demands a transfer is. This would take at quickest over a season to happen in a WC or EC. This in effect is over 4 months in real terms.

This seems a good idea to me, and hopefully it will create more opportunities to get hold of some 92+ players in mature gameworlds (where this has now become very difficult as they are all owned by a small number of clubs).

I have a fairly large squad in my main game (~50 players) but see this as another good aspect of squad management for the game. Will loaning players out help if they are worried about playing regularly though?

As an additional query, I'm in EC 161 and we are currently between seasons (the league table etc has been updated for the new season, but the first set of matches have not yet been played (starts Saturday)). Will we get this update now, or will we need to wait a whole season for it? (hope it starts now!)

Will we get this update now, or will we need to wait a whole season for it?

It will come in for all those on Turn 1 and new Game Worlds.

will all players start at level 1 concerned or we suddendly find tomorrow a player who is level 3 concerned?

cause thats what happened when you first introduced it in the westgate set-up!!!

Westgate is a test Game World were lots of strange things happen. Obviously any player who develops a concern will start at level 1.

question for john

will all players start at level 1 concerned or we suddendly find tomorrow a player who is level 3 concerned?

It will come in for all those on Turn 1 and new Game Worlds.

So in new gameworlds made on the hour, will they start developing concerns if they havn't been played for certain time of the season or feel they're on a too low salary? :)

I like the idea but not keen on players being sold behind my back. I understand players might want to leave but I should be able to try and get a good deal first. If I can't (say 1 week for me to sell him at a better price) then he gets sold.

You get several months time before the player reaches a lv5 concern, so that isn't really an excuse. If he's on level 3 or 4, either solve his concern, put him on the transfer list or use him in a p/e.

I like the basic idea as well. I am just a little worried about the implication. I don't think a player who is 22 should suddenly become concerned.

I actually just checked one of my teams. My Oxford has 236 player on contract. 9 of these players are older than 24 and 5 of those 9 are GKs. That means i have 4 field players older than 24 out of 236.

My policy works like this: I buy talents and by the time they get 23 -25 i usually find out if they can help in the long run. The best are kept and the rest sold.

The only problem for me would be if the players age 22-24 would get concerned as well' date=' because at that age you can't really make a call yet in many cases. Thats why i am hoping for a gradual approach.[/quote']

Your Oxford team is one of the reasons SM have brought in this new feature. 236 players!!!

And regarding a player of 22 becoming concerned, why not? If for example, that player is rated 89 at the age of 22 but has players who are 90/91/92 ahead of him in his position then why wouldn't he become concerned and want a transfer?

One question - if a player gets to concern level 5 and requests a transfer, when the new club buys him will he still be at concern level 5 when he joins them and thus have to be played all the time??

Oh two questions then - do injured players know not to be concerned??? For example if your star player is out for 8 weeks will his concern level not increase during this time??

(Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Hi guys,

Could you all please read the opening post as well as the relevant Online Help article called Player Concerns as this will answer most of your questions. If there is any information missing please let me know and I will add it under Player Concerns FAQ tomorrow.

But to answer these questions...

One question - if a player gets to concern level 5 and requests a transfer, when the new club buys him will he still be at concern level 5 when he joins them and thus have to be played all the time??

When a player moves club on a transfer deal all his concerns are reset to 0.

Oh two questions then - do injured players know not to be concerned??? For example if your star player is out for 8 weeks will his concern level not increase during this time??

Yes the system picks up injuries and only uses the total number of games the player could have actually played. The same is for when a player transfers in, the system only starts counting from the date the player joined.

1) Will this feature applies for the players in unmanaged teams?

Yes.

2) If a squad have only 21 players which is the size limit, will any players in the team request for transfer if they are unhappy?

Yes.

1) Will this feature applies for the players in unmanaged teams?

2) If a squad have only 21 players which is the size limit' date=' will any players in the team request for transfer if they are unhappy?[/quote']

I think that both the questions I issued are not explained in the online help nor in the SM Game News... Can you please kindly add in the details regarding my queries?? Please... :o

Wage Dispute

If a player is not receiving a wage that reflects their current ability then they will develop a concern and you will receive a new Club Message notifying you of this. You will be able to offer a new contract to anyone who is unhappy about their current wage and this concern would be fixed easily. However, if a player requests a transfer they will no longer accept a new contract offer.

That would seem a tad unfair if he has signed a 5 year deal @ £22K a turn and then gets say an increase 88 - 90 then started demanding 60K a turn.

Busquets would be a fair example of this.

What would be fair, if it was based on what his fellow squad members were earning rather than the generalisation of wages externally to reflect ability.

Otherwise, why tie up a potential long term prospect on a 5 year deal if he is going to bleat for a pay rise the second he gets a rating increase.

He may already be the highest paid player at the club already, where a canny manager has bought cheap and kept wages tight on 5 year deals?