Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Do you know what? I give in. I quit.

I run a small film company' date=' we're about to launch a feature and this game has now become unmanageable for me. Trying to contend with these concerns and watching my team slowly die isn't fun.

I've been playing this game since Feb 12th 2008, 609 games - 1613pts.

I've loved building a great squad and dominating my gameworld. Lots of trophies and success. I've had issues with various elements of the game, most critically the match system and stadium building. The ratings system and the building of a squad got me past this.

I have 129 days of Gold membership left, I'm not threatening to not renew - I'm fully quitting right now.

Thanks for the memories SM, and I do hope the game eventually becomes workable again for those who stick with it.[/quote']

It's not logical what's happening to this game, good luck with your film company, it would be great to see you back here ina few years just to have a peep anyway at how the game has worked out but i think you'll be back ina few weeks for that :P.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

I now have 14 players concerned out of a squad of 25.

Pepe who has played 15 of 24 league games and 8 cup games and has been my main defender for 3 seasons (over 80 league games) is now unhappy, because I had to drop him in order to play an inferior squad player who developed concerns!

An absolute ******* disgrace.

And the fact those in charge of SM who take my money and refuse to respond to the many complaints is an absolute ******* disgrace.

You arent getting one more penny from me.

And before some smart arses start giving it the 'you cant manage' ********, this is happening with every team in my GW.

Players like Iniesta, Ozil, Ronaldo, Rooney, Hart, Lahm, Cole, Eto'o, Kaka, Pique, Ramos, Hazard now on the player concern list because other managers are having to drop them in order to play **** players so they can have some sort of squad to cover the season.

This is a phecking joke!

Lichsteiner is now level 2 concern, this is his first season with my Derby County. He's had a couple of injuries I might add.

I'm on turn 35 and his stats are below:

Division 1 19

English Cup 5

English Shield 1

SMFA Shield 5

And now the following...

Piszczek's stats are as follows an he has no concerns

Division 1 24

English Shield 1

English Cup 2

SMFA Shield 3

In total, they've both appeared in 30 games yet one has no concerns and one is now level 2.

The inconsistency and rate of concerns is a joke! Very disgruntled customer....

One loophole that actually needs to be adressed is that players coming back form injury should not expect to play in games when they are 10% fit.

Either a player should come back fit 100% or games dont count until they are 90% fit. Its just common sense (you would think!).

I've just had Kompany go to level 2 concern after playing 27.5 games of 32 this season. Annoying. I do think concerns are a necessary evil but I'm yet to actually profit from them!

And now Simone Pepe who has been out on loan for 10 days is now level 1 concern about being out on loan!

He's on loan to Liverpool who are third in the top division! Why the hell is he concerned?

This game is being ruined by concerns.

Those concerns are spiralling out of control. Just lost a key player with a new raise in concern today. a 92 rated who played 60% of league games this season and almost all of the cup games.

Wondering if SM has any plans correcting this because at this rate the only people left playing this game will be a small group of hardcore players

speaking as someone who has been playing this since 2007

Those concerns are spiralling out of control. Just lost a key player with a new raise in concern today. a 92 rated who played 60% of league games this season and almost all of the cup games.

Wondering if SM has any plans correcting this because at this rate the only people left playing this game will be a small group of hardcore players

speaking as someone who has been playing this since 2007

you do not think that SM is chance anything...how many weeks, we, others,I have post ...still no repose...that said more than enough,if I have a problems, I get some one to fiks that problems in my company, after a day maybe two,or a week there is no problems anymore, so SM seen no problems!...only when it is too late.

Dont think ill be renewing my Gold membership.

The concerns are just boring now. The game has lost alot of its fun for me. Played since 2007 but my teams that ive had for that long are just getting torn apart with the concerns. All my work and scouting is being put to waste.

Soccermanagers treatment to its customers is awful. They dont even reply to messages now, its just an computer sending the same reply all the time. Your ******* your own buisness up, well done :)

I would say lets do something about it but the truth is they wont listen' date=' even the mods always come out with the same rubbish every time "we are aware of your concerns" or "SM is still the best online football manager site".

[/quote']

They may or may not listen/care to what we (the people who pay their wages) think or want, or they may and it's just that they don't appear to have a particularly good system for getting their message across to us I find it hard to believe that they would simply not be bothered.

What they should do is send us all a club message explaining concerns fully, that's all it would take. Maybe I'm just not doing something right and with a little nudge from the game could address the problem and get back to tactics and formations instead of being only concerned with concerns. All my team selections and therefore formations and tactics in games nowadays is ham-stringed by the concern list.

Come on SM, let's kiss n make up, we can still salvage our relationship.

They may or may not listen/care to what we (the people who pay their wages) think or want' date=' or they may and it's just that they don't appear to have a particularly good system for getting their message across to us I find it hard to believe that they would simply not be bothered.

What they should do is send us all a club message explaining concerns fully, that's all it would take. Maybe I'm just not doing something right and with a little nudge from the game could address the problem and get back to tactics and formations instead of being only concerned with concerns. All my team selections and therefore formations and tactics in games nowadays is ham-stringed by the concern list.

Come on SM, let's kiss n make up, we can still salvage our relationship.[/quote']

Its not just about concerns, the problem is deeper than that.

Its not just about concerns' date=' the problem is deeper than that.[/quote']

There are lots of little things wrong, but I for one could just about live with them all if the player concerns situation was removed or simplified to make it easier to manage and not such hard work. Reducing super squads was their goal, fair enough, it's just that the option they chose is also hurting the rest of the managers as well which isn't going down too well.

I think they just want us all to log in more often so they can go to advertisers and say "look, we get 100,000 people logging in every single day!"

Sure the support is poo but nothing gets my blood boiling like the new concern rules, fix that and I'd be a happy little soldier.

Talking of little things wrong with the game, I've just signed David Silva for my Ajax team and I had to beat off 2 other bidders, I got my man for £69.975m (never going to be worth it but you know how it is with these kinds of players ;) ) and I got a club message saying "New Club Record" and when I read it it said "Record crowd watches Chelsea against Ajax, 69.975m turned out to watch Chelsea against Ajax". That's some achievement as the official capacity is 52,960 :D. But think of the revenue!

if I might,

shoudn't player that has 6.2 average score after playing 30 games for leage leaders have understanding that his performance has to increase in order for him to play ? I mean he plays in right position but hey hes 91 player and he should do better then that...

This concern engine has grown into major pain in the ass. I manage 16 clubs now and 9 of them has entire first teams and substituties bench filled with unhappy ppl. No metter what I do or how much they play I have only seen 4 players out of 100 or more that dropped their concernes and that is when they played consecutively almost entire season.

Ridicilous if U ask me...

Makes me wanna try out some other online managers but so much time spent here just to walk away :(

if I might' date='

shoudn't player that has 6.2 average score after playing 30 games for leage leaders have understanding that his performance has to increase in order for him to play ? I mean he plays in right position but hey hes 91 player and he should do better then that...

This concern engine has grown into major pain in the ass. I manage 16 clubs now and 9 of them has entire first teams and substituties bench filled with unhappy ppl. No metter what I do or how much they play I have only seen 4 players out of 100 or more that dropped their concernes and that is when they played consecutively almost entire season.

Ridicilous if U ask me...

Makes me wanna try out some other online managers but so much time spent here just to walk away :([/quote']

Concurred with you, pal..

I'm also managing 18 clubs, and EVERY SINGLE clubs now have unhappy players.

Even 1 goes down, the other came up, never ending.

I'm so tired playing SM now to fill in unhappy players instead managing the tactics and formations i want..

The END IS NEAR Pal...:(

Shoudn't a player that has 6.2 average after playing 30 games for league leaders have understanding that his performance has to increase in order for him to play ? I mean he plays in right position he's a 91 player and he should do better then that...

This concern engine has grown into major pain in the ass. I manage 16 clubs now and 9 of them have entire first teams and substituties bench filled with unhappy ppl.

You are right, and I'm on your side, but the game would probably say he's playing badly because he's unhappy so it's a chicken and egg situation.

I wish that game managed (not by a player) teams had the same problems that managed teams do, funny how it only effects the game players isn't it :confused:. How come player concerns don't effect international players? So for example a player would refuse to play for his country if he was continually ignored. Maybe that would be too much hard work for SM to do, unfortunately they don't mind us having to put more work in to manage player concerns though. :rolleyes:

I don't think that SM fully thought it through as it's kind of obvious that Gold Managers (the ones who've paid them money) will more than likely have about 6-12 teams each and all this player shuffling will effect them more than the players who only have a couple of teams (the ones who play for free). I have 12 teams so it's a lot of work for me.

It's getting less and less fun for me, but I will carry on as I have about 200 days of Gold Management left but I will keep on moaning to the bitter end about player concerns while I am here.

This seems to be the trend in my gameworlds at the moment............

Sat 18 August

Resigned Manager

Luqman Arifin is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of B. Munich.

Fri 17 August

Resigned Manager

Ricky Marteney has decided to resign from Juventus after 10 games in charge.

Resigned Manager

Pk'ziinn Mormai has angered the Atlético Madrid fans by resigning from the club.

Thu 16 August

Resigned Manager

Amandeep Sharma has decided to resign from Manchester United after 247 games in charge.

This seems to be the trend in my gameworlds at the moment............

Sat 18 August

Resigned Manager

Luqman Arifin is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of B. Munich.

Fri 17 August

Resigned Manager

Ricky Marteney has decided to resign from Juventus after 10 games in charge.

Resigned Manager

Pk'ziinn Mormai has angered the Atlético Madrid fans by resigning from the club.

Thu 16 August

Resigned Manager

Amandeep Sharma has decided to resign from Manchester United after 247 games in charge.

There will be a lot more managers swapping teams to run from their old player concerns and start again somewhere else I believe. There will always be managers coming in and leaving straight away (sort it out SM...wait a minute, what makes me think they'll be listening or even be bothered!) My point here is that there should be a way for potential managers to check a league out before committing to it without actually having to take over a club, this is especially annoying when it ruins a deal.

On the log in screen it says something like 500,000 managers etc, wonder if they currently have this many players or if they just add 1 to the figure each time someone joins, but don't deduct one when someone leaves.

There will be a lot more managers swapping teams to run from their old player concerns and start again somewhere else I believe. There will always be managers coming in and leaving straight away (sort it out SM...wait a minute' date=' what makes me think they'll be listening or even be bothered!) My point here is that there should be a way for potential managers to check a league out before committing to it without actually having to take over a club, this is especially annoying when it ruins a deal.

On the log in screen it says something like 500,000 managers etc, wonder if they currently have this many players or if they just add 1 to the figure each time someone joins, but don't deduct one when someone leaves.[/quote']

NO...when you guit and even you have deleted everything SM send you message,...yours name...please come back we need you!

the next one i get will it post too, now i delete these ...so your name is still in SM, maybe after a year or longer the give up,and delete it also.

for now is a old account, from my youngher brohter who play a long time not more,and we get every 30 day's these e-mail's.

NO...when you guit and even you have deleted everything SM send you message' date='...yours name...please come back we need you!

[/quote']

Ha, isn't that funny, they ignore us and do a good job of pushing us out the door and when you do they beg you to come back. It does appear to be organised and ran by (half trained) monkeys.

I'm a little bit annoyed (again) tonight as one of my teams lost 5-2 at home which I can live with, but it really annoys me when this happens and all bar 2 of my players got at least 7/10 and they even had the nerve to give one of my players the MOM......amazing!

I just quit all my international teams - complete waste of time. On Tuesday I plan to quit my Internazionale team and leave the setup (after the Champions Cup final), then I'll quit Chelsea. That'll leave me with ten teams...for now.

I found more evidence that concerns are a joke, :rolleyes::mad: not my team but just noticed the player in the game-world news feed and thought I'd check it out, since I remembered him being fairly lowly rated, lo and behold what do we have here ......

7811398284_fb1b59c9be_b.jpg

Liam Bridcutt, 23, 82 rated obviously very important to his side? who just happen to be Chelsea :eek: oh no this has to be a joke, lets go check out the Chelsea squad ....

7811398228_fbc3a9315c_b.jpg

Oh wait so Chelsea have Xavi, Schweinsteiger and Cambiasso in the same position but still Bridcutt is concerned and requesting a transfer, "fricken hell concerns are a joke" :rolleyes:

Oh wait so Chelsea have Xavi' date=' Schweinsteiger and Cambiasso in the same position but still Bridcutt is concerned and requesting a transfer, "fricken hell concerns are a joke" :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah, I guess that's where the "man management" comes in. :rolleyes: Obviously the manager should have taken young Liam aside and explained how important he was to the club's future, begged him to stay and doubled his wages. Oh and a couple of weeks cruising on the owners yacht would probably have helped too

I just quit all my international teams - complete waste of time. On Tuesday I plan to quit my Internazionale team and leave the setup (after the Champions Cup final)' date=' then I'll quit Chelsea. That'll leave me with ten teams...for now.[/quote']

Internationals are pointless and way, way too random in terms of results. They should alternate between a proper World Cup and a proper Euro Championship competition instead of the same bonkers setup for a World Cup all the time.

I'm struggling to keep a grip on my 12 but luckily 2 of the leagues have concerns turned off so I only really have to worry about 10 but that's still pretty tough for me.

The game needs to try to keep as many existing Gold Managers as possible not annoy them into quitting. But what do I know I'm not as bright as the SM decision makers.

I found more evidence that concerns are a joke....

Oh wait so Chelsea have Xavi' date=' Schweinsteiger and Cambiasso in the same position but still Bridcutt is concerned and requesting a transfer, "fricken hell concerns are a joke" :rolleyes:[/quote']

Are you crazy! Bridcutt is the next Messi, no wonder he's unhappy :D

Seriously, that is ridiculous, he is a decent Championship level footballer at best I believe, he isn't even an international at any level. How can this be taken seriously? :confused:

Are you crazy! Bridcutt is the next Messi' date=' no wonder he's unhappy :D

Seriously, that is ridiculous, he is a decent Championship level footballer at best I believe, he isn't even an international at any level. How can this be taken seriously? :confused:[/quote']

That's just it though, if this were real life any kid worth his salt would be more then happy to understudy for 3 of the best players in the world let alone just at CM, but in SM the kid can't handle the massive pressure of playing second fiddle to the 3rd best rated player in the entire game and want's to move away. Good one SM you haven't royally screwed the pooch here :rolleyes: