Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

That's good that bridcutt is leaving age 23 rated 82.. noting wrong here imo.. valero der aswell.. who are the 4 youths btw ;):eek::o

that post degrades the real problims with concerns by wanting to hog, keeping bridcutt in this instance is hogging.

On the log in screen it says something like 500' date='000 managers etc, wonder if they currently have this many players or if they just add 1 to the figure each time someone joins, but don't deduct one when someone leaves.[/quote']

I think so maybe..

wait a sec its SM, definitely

...keeping bridcutt in this instance is hogging.

I'm not sure that young players like Bridcutt should be moaning (in game) when they are in a set up like that, but I see what you are saying. He is only human (if you see what I mean) and is a pro footballer so wants to play at whatever level.

The thing is that the game should but up front and tell us for instance that players, no matter what their skill point rating will want to play some games when they reach a certain age. I just don't appreciate SM playing all these cloak and dagger games and not telling us about rule changes that they are using to trip us up with.

To use a bit of a curve ball metaphor, I don't need to know how the engine of the car works to drive it, but I do need to know what all the controls do so I don't crash it.

These are some of the areas I'd like answers/confirmation on or to be considered. With the changes to the concern system and the uncertainty surrounding the criteria behind it I feel the below is the minimum we deserve answers on. The 'Help Section' is no longer of any use to us.

1. How often are player concerns reviewed?
  2. Is it deemed a bug if players are reviewed at a ratio higher than the above answer?
  3. At what age / rating can players develop concerns?
  4. What % of games should be played to avoid concerns?
  5. Why are long terms injuries ignored when calculating player concerns?
  6. Should a player expect to play if his fitness is any less than 90%?
  7. Are suspensions taken into consideration?
  8. Does the expected % games played work on a sliding scale? For example, an 89 rated player should not expect to play as much as a 94 rated player.
  9. What is the criteria for players developing concerns whilst on loan? If they're playing then why should they be concerned about being on loan? And why is the loan concern linked to the players playing concern? They are two separate issues
  10. Player concern review dates should be made available for everyone to see
  11. A new field needs to be introduced to filter the % games player per player and also highlight their exceptions in regards to playing time dependant on their rating and importance to their club

These are some of the areas I'd like answers/confirmation on or to be considered. With the changes to the concern system and the uncertainty surrounding the criteria behind it I feel the below is the minimum we deserve answers on. The 'Help Section' is no longer of any use to us.

Amen to all of the listed points. It would be great if they did come down from their golden tower to speak to their *dirty' date=' ignorant peasant[b']*[/b] worshipers and lowered themselves to sharing some of their sage like wisdom about the game with us......but I doubt it will happen somehow.

* Anyone who isn't working for SM please ignore the enclosed words

;)

Amen to all of the listed points. It would be great if they did come down from their golden tower to speak to their *dirty' date=' ignorant peasant[b']*[/b] worshipers and lowered themselves to sharing some of their sage like wisdom about the game with us......but I doubt it will happen somehow.

* Anyone who isn't working for SM please ignore the enclosed words

;)

The below list of questions has been submitted to Teb, whether he can get an answer from SM remains to be seen.

The below list of questions has been submitted to Teb' date=' whether he can get an answer from SM remains to be seen.[/quote']

Good luck, it's a long shot that we'll get any answers but so is buying a lottery ticket and sometimes people get lucky. ;)

It's really getting beyond a joke, and I fail so see how anyone here can justify some of this stuff. There is no realism in this system what so ever.

I've found myself changing my squads to a starting 11 of 90+ and then only 18-21 year olds who are 83-89 rated, as substitutes for each position.

Years worth of squad building ruined.

I have a bit of faith in Teb -at least we know he will try to get them and at the minimum will respond.

Fingers crossed, I'm not doubting his integrity or anything It's just the people who run the game haven't got a great track record in that department as far as I can tell.

I've found myself changing my squads to a starting 11 of 90+ and then only 18-21 year olds who are 83-89 rated' date=' as substitutes for each position.

[/quote']

I feel your pain my friend. Unfortunately it isn't as easy as having two teams and rotating them from game to game, if only it was then I'd be happy. Over rotating is as bad as not rotating in this wacky game nowadays. :(

1. How often are player concerns reviewed?
  2. Is it deemed a bug if players are reviewed at a ratio higher than the above answer?
  3. At what age / rating can players develop concerns?
  4. What % of games should be played to avoid concerns?
  5. Why are long terms injuries ignored when calculating player concerns?
  6. Should a player expect to play if his fitness is any less than 90%?
  7. Are suspensions taken into consideration?
  8. Does the expected % games played work on a sliding scale? For example' date=' an 89 rated player should not expect to play as much as a 94 rated player.
    [*']What is the criteria for players developing concerns whilst on loan? If they're playing then why should they be concerned about being on loan? And why is the loan concern linked to the players playing concern? They are two separate issues
  9. Player concern review dates should be made available for everyone to see
  10. A new field needs to be introduced to filter the % games player per player and also highlight their exceptions in regards to playing time dependant on their rating and importance to their club

U have my vote for president :)

I guess with so many negative responses to one feature they should give a fcuk. Noone is answering, noone is saying : Hey we are working on it have some patience...

I belive that me leaving SM would mean nothing but if we are many they will react. So what is the best way to be many and most important MANY AT THE SAME TIME...

Fingers crossed' date=' I'm not doubting his integrity or anything It's just the people who run the game haven't got a great track record in that department as far as I can tell.[/quote']

I know (still awaiting response on cookie handling law) but at least he won't hide and avoid persons. He seems like a straightforward guy who sees himself as a gamer first and Mod second.

I guess with so many negative responses to one feature they should give a fcuk. Noone is answering' date=' noone is saying : Hey we are working on it have some patience...

I belive that me leaving SM would mean nothing but if we are many they will react. So what is the best way to be many and most important MANY AT THE SAME TIME...[/quote']

I already proposed a ''quit SM flashmob'' this would give some time to rethink their customer policy and say something on the subject until our deadline.. but of course the more we are bigger the impact.

I already proposed a ''quit SM flashmob'' this would give some time to rethink their customer policy and say something on the subject until our deadline.. but of course the more we are bigger the impact.

I don't think that many people will be prepared to walk away to be honest. Sure people moan and complain but at the end of the day what will happen is nothing, absolutely nothing. People are fundamentally lazy and they are also fundamentally moaners so they will generally talk the talk but not walk the walk.

I'm not having a go at you or anything, I'm just giving my 2 cents worth on the idea, listen if I'm wrong and loads agree to jump with you then I will admit I was wrong, but I suspect that I'm not going to have to do that.

I dislike the way that concerns are currently working, and I have posted lots on the subject (and will continue to do so), but deep down I know that like a pathetic junky I will keep coming back (at least until my Gold Membership runs out) and I suspect that when push comes to shove most people will do the same.

Good luck, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say that.

:)

I don't think that many people will be prepared to walk away to be honest. Sure people moan and complain but at the end of the day what will happen is nothing' date=' absolutely nothing. People are fundamentally lazy and they are also fundamentally moaners so they will generally talk the talk but not walk the walk.

I'm not having a go at you or anything, I'm just giving my 2 cents worth on the idea, listen if I'm wrong and loads agree to jump with you then I will admit I was wrong, but I suspect that I'm not going to have to do that.

I dislike the way that concerns are currently working, and I have posted lots on the subject (and will continue to do so), but deep down I know that like a pathetic junky I will keep coming back (at least until my Gold Membership runs out) and I suspect that when push comes to shove most people will do the same.

Good luck, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say that.

:)[/quote']

In addition, we're seeking an improvement for the better of the game. If it gets to the stage where SM show absolutely no interest in fixing the mess they've created then I will bid farewell to the game that once used be enjoyable to play.

In addition' date=' we're seeking an improvement for the better of the game. If it gets to the stage where SM show absolutely no interest in fixing the mess they've created then I will bid farewell to the game that once used be enjoyable to play.[/quote']

I also want the game to be better, but I don't think that I'm able to make that sacrifice of giving it up while I still have Gold Membership days left, I'm just saying it how it is, and I don't think that too many others will be as determined as you are either.

I think it's reached the stage were we can safely say that SM aren't interested in our opinions, no matter how good they are.

Despite my apparent resignation to the fact that nothing will change I will still keep beating the drum as it is my, and everyone's right to do so whether SM are listening or not.

:)

However, your best players will expect to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games

If i am i correct.If your in a English championship with 5 divisions

You play 38 games in Division 1 and 46 in div 2-5

In division 1 your players want to play 24 - 26 games a season.This is the same as a world championship.

Div 2 to 5- They expect to play 29 to 32 games a season.If they get injured then it wont be added.

Players do not count games that they missed due to injury in the number of games they expect to play in. However whilst injured a player can develop a concern or increase a concern. This simply means that the player had not played enough games before he was injured and is now deciding to display his concern.

Real Madrid played 58 games last season.

Adan, Carvalho, Varane, Albiol, Diarra, Granero appeared in less than 50%

Di Maria, Coentrão, Callejón, Arbeloa appeared in less than 65%

Kaka, Khedira, Marcelo appeared in less than 75%

Mourinho doing a great job keeping them happy.

despite some player concerns on the 17th Aug, iv been faced with more again today :(

Granted I used Luis Gustavo very sparingly at the start of the season (due to being behind M'vila in the pecking order) but since he went to level 1 concern for lack of games I have played him in every match (three of those were as sub due to fatigue). Woe and behold it has now raised to level 2 and i'm faced with the decision whether to cash in now despite my active approach to improve his happiness. I can just about understand it staying the same but it definitely shouldn't increase. Very similar situations have been experienced with Shaqiri & Thiago also.

At this point im hoping players such as Alaba, Holtby, Lamela etc don't reach the dreaded 89 and become unhappy.

The concept of making the game more realistic is utter balls because ordinarily there aren't two league games a week, possibly supplemented by a further two cup matches; this is causing the fatigue issue and is having a knock on effect to the player concerns.

I eagerly await Machine's pearls of wisdom on this matter...although there's been a lull over the past week with his posts that guy clearly enjoys the sound of his own...keyboard :P change of opinion maybe?

So, Lahm went up to a Level 2 Concern today. As well documented by myself in this thread, he was injured for 8 weeks at the end of the previous season, having started 20 consecutive games before suffering the injury.

He made his return on July 12th, but was obviously below match fitness and had to miss the first match he was "available" for. The unlucky fellow then got injured on his first game back, which put him out for 13 days.

Again, he was below match fitness on his return and had to miss a game, but since then has started every match. That means that he has started 28 of the last 30 games he has been available for, having missed only two matches where he was well below 90% fitness.

Yet according to SM, this is perfect grounds for him to go to his manager and complain about not playing. There is clearly a massive glitch with injuries impacting on concerns in this game, but it is being ignored. I'm seriously worried that one of my best and favourite players will continue rising in concern levels (what happens if he gets injured again?!) and I can safely say that if he does wind up requesting a transfer as a result of this bug, I (a Gold manager and member for 6 years) will be well and truly

DuncanBannatyne07.jpg

out.

despite some player concerns on the 17th Aug' date=' iv been faced with more again today :(

Granted I used Luis Gustavo very sparingly at the start of the season (due to being behind M'vila in the pecking order) but since he went to level 1 concern for lack of games I have played him in every match (three of those were as sub due to fatigue). Woe and behold it has now raised to level 2 and i'm faced with the decision whether to cash in now despite my active approach to improve his happiness. I can just about understand it staying the same but it definitely shouldn't increase. Very similar situations have been experienced with Shaqiri & Thiago also.

At this point im hoping players such as Alaba, Holtby, Lamela etc don't reach the dreaded 89 and become unhappy.

The concept of making the game more realistic is utter balls because ordinarily there aren't two league games a week, possibly supplemented by a further two cup matches; this is causing the fatigue issue and is having a knock on effect to the player concerns.

[b']I eagerly await Machine's pearls of wisdom on this matter...although there's been a lull over the past week with his posts that guy clearly enjoys the sound of his own...keyboard :P change of opinion maybe?[/b]

No change of opinion I'm afraid ;)

What I can do though is report that I now have TWO level 1 player concerns at one of my teams (and that isn't the Forest team packed with superstars!) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes my friends I know - I was shocked myself and was ready to quit SM altogether and write a strongly-worded letter of complaint to my local MP :mad: but then I thought "hang on a mo, let's take a breath and have a look at these cheeky players concerns and see if they've got a legitimate complaint".

I could hardly bring myself to look at my squad, such was my disgust at the players for having the sheer audacity to inform me of a level 1 concern however with a strong drink in hand I sat down and psyched myself up for the challenge.

First up:

Valter BIRSA - Concerned about his lack of games Level 1: Minor Concern

Now, Mr.Birsa for those of you unfamiliar with his talents is a 87 rated, 26 yr old W/AM.

Last season he played 17(3) from 38 league games meaning he played 15.5/38 games.

This season he has played 15(7) from 23 meaning 11.5/23, giving him 27/61 in total.

His competition in either W or AM, rated 87 or above is currently:

CONCA, Darío AM/CM 89

EDERSON, Honorato AM/Wing 88

COUTINHO, Philippe AM/Wing 87

VARGAS, Ronald AM/Wing 87

GIOVINCO, Sebastian AM/Fwd 89

FEGHOULI, Sofiane Wing/AM 88

BIRSA, Valter Wing/AM 87

VARGAS, Eduardo Fwd/Wing 87

DOS SANTOS, Giovani Fwd/Wing 87

I look at his stats and say "yep ok mate I see why you feel you're not playing enough".

I then look at his competition, weigh up Birsa's potential at 26 vs the potential of the other guys and say "is there anyone there I want to drop/play less to give Birsa more playing time?"

Based on this I probably have to say "no" and so Birsa will continue to get limited playing time and consequently his concerns will increase, which means I now just have to decide whether to sell him now and promote a lower-rated youth, or keep him until he gets to level 4 or 5.

Next up:

Héctor MORENO - Concerned about his lack of games Level 1: Minor Concern

Mr. Moreno is a 88 rated, 24 yr old CB.

Last season he played 27/38 league games and this season he has played 14/23, so a grand total of 41/61.

His competition at CB is currently:

EL KAOUTARI, Abdelhamid CB/LB 86

BUNGERT, Niko CB/RB 87

MYKHALYK, Taras CB/DM 88

MORENO, Héctor CB 88

ANDREOLLI, Marco CB 87

BRITOS, Miguel CB 86

FONTAS, Andreu CB 86

LOPEZ, Lisandro CB 86

ROMAO, Alaixys DM/CB 87

Again, I look at the stats and say "yep ok mate I see why you feel you're not playing enough".

To me there's not a lot of difference between a 95% fit 88 and a 100% fit 87 so there have been times when I've benched Moreno to avoid him being injured or getting too run down, and also as it's good to keep the 87's happy too with a few games.

When I look at Moreno and the other guys and say "can I give him more playing time and run the risk of Andreolli or Bungert or Romao getting upset?" the answer is "yes" - I have perhaps been guilty of over-protecting Moreno but will now play him more, which should hopefully see him get happy and feel loved again :rolleyes:

Now I can already hear the cries of many of you saying "but your team doesn't have great players" but if you substitute 87 for 97 and 88 for 98 it all still boils down to making judgement calls on what players we want to keep.

This is where a great many of you have taken exception to SM's infamous "closing of loop-holes".

Some of you are merely unhappy at things such as concern levels increasing while the player is injured, to which I've said many times I agree as it sounds buggy.

Many more of you are upset as you feel that you should be able to keep the same squad of at least twenty 89+ players (many of whom may be close in rating) happy for an INDEFINITE length of time, and are going ballistic because it looks like this is no longer possible outwith a custom gameworld.

We can speculate until the cows come home as to why SM have changed concerns - it could be to reduce squad sizes, it could be to reduce player hogging, it could be an attempt to kick-start half-full gameworlds, it could be to make SM more realistic, we may never know.

For those of you who play non-customs and have built up your great squads the change in player concerns represents a far bigger challenge to you than it does to the likes of me, as most of my squads only have a few superstars so it's easy for me to sort the wheat from the chaff.

From all that I've read on this thread and seen in-game, it basically seems to boil down to this: in the past you could keep maybe 25ish players happy ALL OF THE TIME, whereas now concerns will only allow you to keep maybe 18ish players happy all of the time.

The rest of your squads will need to be oldies, youths, and everything in between but the challenge now is to identify who will be your top 18 as opposed to the old days when you only had to identify your top 25.

That'll be my strategy going forward in SM wherever and whenever I get concerns; there will undoubtedly be tough decisions to be made but I guess that's the key difference in all of this - there will be some of you on this thread who hate and resent having to assess your squad, and then there will be all the rest of us in the wider SM community who will relish the challenge :D

That'll be my strategy going forward in SM wherever and whenever I get concerns; there will undoubtedly be tough decisions to be made but I guess that's the key difference in all of this - there will be some of you on this thread who hate and resent having to assess your squad' date=' and then there will be all the rest of us in the wider SM community who will relish the challenge :D[/quote']

I believe the wider audience (if asked) would actually prefer to revert back to the old system regarding the concern system.

What many people are asking for is some clarity behind the criteria on player concerns and for the obvious bugs to be fixed.

I believe the wider audience (if asked) would actually prefer to revert back to the old system regarding the concern system.

What many people are asking for is some clarity behind the criteria on player concerns and for the obvious bugs to be fixed.

I agree on fixing obvious bugs.

I agree on SM updating help to reflect the effect the "loop-hole closing" has had.

I remain unconvinced on what the wider SM community would want, but we've had that discussion several pages back so no point doing that again ;)

I can bang on forever about everyone (including all our rivals) being in the same boat and about how it's worth giving it a proper run under the new system but I know I'm never going to convince all of you (if Teb couldn't then I've got no chance!).

My previous post pretty much sums up my feelings on concerns as they currently stand, and while I'll probably be unable to help myself from chipping in from time to time I'm going to try and leave you all to it for a bit as the way I approach SM is clearly very different from a lot of you, and we're unlikely to find too much common ground when we're poles apart :)

... whenever I get concerns; there will undoubtedly be tough decisions to be made but I guess that's the key difference in all of this - there will be some of you on this thread who hate and resent having to assess your squad' date=' and then there will be all the rest of us in the wider SM community who will relish the challenge :D[/quote']

Count me in, I'm up for the challenge. I have already picked my 17 players I want to keep at all my clubs and I've got me a game playing schedule in place. It will take some time for it to have any effects but at least now I have a plan whereas before it was kind of hit n miss who played and when. All my 17 get 7/10 games which should put them at or very close to the number of games required to keep them smiling. It does limit my tactics and formations but since I kind of reckon that formations and what-not are a bit of a smoke screen in terms of the difference they make I'm not sure I'll be missing out too much.

Injuries will hurt my carefully laid plans, but hopefully SM will sort this out in due time. If not then at least I will of given it my best shot.

I still stick by my previous posts and say they are too much hard work for the players and not well reported to us by SM, a lack of common decency I believe.