Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Count me in

Count me out! For what it's worth I just posted the following in the setup newspaper prior to quitting my Internazionale team:

"As a protest at the changes introduced to the concern system I am leaving this setup. By the middle of next season the escalated level of concerns will have torn the heart out of the squad I have spent years building and I'm not willing to stick around to see that happen.

Goodbye all

:)"

One down eleven to go!

Twitter viral campaign is the way forward. Maybe if we throw enough weight behind it there' date=' we can get it addressed. #FixSMconcerns[/quote']

That sounds like a good idea to me, I don't do Twitter so I can't personally support it though.

Maybe SM only listen to and take seriously the opinions of people on sites like Twitter/Facebook so it could be the way forward.

Hope it works out and something gets done.

;)

Count me out! For what it's worth I just posted the following in the setup newspaper prior to quitting my Internazionale team:

"As a protest at the changes introduced to the concern system I am leaving this setup. By the middle of next season the escalated level of concerns will have torn the heart out of the squad I have spent years building and I'm not willing to stick around to see that happen.

Goodbye all

:)"

One down eleven to go!

cool i will be using this system as soon as ANY of my 90+ players ask to leave at the club

cool i will be using this system as soon as ANY of my 90+ players ask to leave at the club

90+ Players and everyone's happy! What's your secret? I assume it's because concerns are switched off in that game world.

If you can keep 90+ happy you really are The Special One :)

90+ Players and everyone's happy! What's your secret? I assume it's because concerns are switched off in that game world.

:D I think he means players rated 90+, not having 90 players in his squad

:D I think he means players rated 90+' date=' not having 90 players in his squad[/quote']

haha, what aitken said :)

Its that part of the week where I lose a little more will to play the game. Concerns time!

Concerns are a flawed system really. If Sergio Ramos gets unhappy because he played 1 of 10 games fair enough. If he then goes on to play the next 10/10 he wont think "oh I've only played 11/20 games I'm even more unhappy" he'd think, "finally Im getting a run in the side I'm happy again".

Its an uphill battle once someone becomes unhappy and you have to fling that player into every cup game etc to claw back the percentage of games.It would more sensible if the concerns were based on the review period of that month.

Do we need such strict player concerns? There are a million game worlds made each day so plenty of choice for people to participate in. Not to mention the vast majority of them are probably under 30% full. Of the ones I'm in very few people manage division 2 and under.

Also I see 2 88-89 rated players I sold off earlier reach unhappy level 5 status again at their new club and move on again. Whos benefitting from that?

I have spoken a little with SM on concerns and there are plans to update the Online Help article, which I think is good news if not the sweeping changes that some want. SM indicated they will direct people to the article once it has been done but I have no definite timescale.

If anyone has any questions they would like answering (that are not covered by the Online Help already) or feel there are areas that need clarifying then please feel free to bullet point them here or in a PM to me and I will put these forward as items that need including. This is not an offer from me (or SM) to investigate individual cases/bugs/etc. It is just me trying to collate questions that are unanswered, and hoping that SM will address them. I am not going to forward questions that quiz SM on why they have made once change or another.

I have said to SM that people are concerned about the speed of reviews, and the players that are picking up concerns despite playing X amount of games. I am told that all that has been changed lately is:

1) a change in the frequency of reviews; these are generally now three times a season but not at fixed times which is why some people see 4 weeks and other people 6 weeks etc.

2) tweaks to the percentages of games required, notably for 90+ rated players. I have asked SM to provide more guidance on what percentages players require and how the "best" players are determined for this purpose, etc.

Please don't hyperanalyse the above it is not intended to be gospel or comprehensive and I am just paraphrasing a conversation with SM in the hope it answers some questions.

Finally, I am aware that there has been a bug whereby some players going out on loan have seen changes in their Lack of Game concern. SM have indicated this should not be happening as a loan is meant to freeze concerns about Lack of Games.

I think it unlikely that any fundamentals have/will change. I have asked SM if they will consider making % of games played (and perhaps required) more transparent but this is by no means meant as an indication that they will because at the time of writing I don't know their opinion on this.

Thanks Teb, you already have the questions that I'd like answered. For the benefit of others, here they are:

1. How often are player concerns reviewed?
  2. Is it deemed a bug if players are reviewed at a ratio higher than the above answer?
  3. At what age / rating can players develop concerns?
  4. What % of games should be played to avoid concerns?
  5. Why are long terms injuries ignored when calculating player concerns?
  6. Should a player expect to play if his fitness is any less than 90%?
  7. Are suspensions taken into consideration?
  8. Does the expected % games played work on a sliding scale? For example, an 89 rated player should not expect to play as much as a 94 rated player.
  9. What is the criteria for players developing concerns whilst on loan? If they're playing then why should they be concerned about being on loan? And why is the loan concern linked to the players playing concern? They are two separate issues
  10. Player concern review dates should be made available for everyone to see
  11. A new field needs to be introduced to filter the % games player per player and also highlight their exceptions in regards to playing time dependant on their rating and importance to their club

And to add.

13) Youth players under 21 shd not be expected to play a huge percentage of games in the squad except for Hazard and many youth like A.Thiago,Matip,Varane and Shaqiri.

14) It would be good if we can dont take into the consideration the number of games players are required to play especially after their injuries. Shd start when they are 90% match fit and above.

15) Instead of the lack of games concern, maybe we can introduce a wage cap of say 2m per turn, instead of lack of games concern. so that majority of us can have great players instead of the usual big clubs.

And to add.

13) Youth players under 21 shd not be expected to play a huge percentage of games in the squad except for Hazard and many youth like A.Thiago' date='Matip,Varane and Shaqiri.

14) It would be good if we can dont take into the consideration the number of games players are required to play especially after their injuries. Shd start when they are 90% match fit and above.

15) Instead of the lack of games concern, maybe we can introduce a wage cap of say 2m per turn, instead of lack of games concern. so that majority of us can have great players instead of the usual big clubs.[/quote']

All valid suggestions - but to clarify, I am not trying to compile suggestions. Just questions about the operation of the game so that SM can potentially include these in an updated Help article.

nice...there is still a little hope.

1.) what about these players who where out whit injuries, and played more than enough game's the past season, but not in the new season, way the where out for weeks, the are still going up.

you my look in my team's no problem whit, i have players on level 1-2 who where out for weeks, played more than enough game's, but not in the new season,can not play more,if the are injuried.

2.)way players who have concerns ,but just these get a injuried,don't know if it happend whit others to, but in my 15 team's ,these who are get a injuried now, are always the concerns players! in al my team's have not one whit a injuried who have no concerns before.

3.)don't know it for sure, but I have players who played cup's+smfa game's,but played less in legaal game's way the are not fit, these players have concerns of lack's of game's, so SM count that in a - or in + way?

example in my city team, have 1 player whit concerns NASRI played 8 legaal game's,1 supercup, 4 cup's+3 smfa game's, no sub's.

others players who played 9 legaal game's,1 supercup, 0 cup,0 smfa game's have no concerns, now we are on turn 12.

think that nasri have played more than enough 8+1+4+3=16 game's or not?only the gk have play 18 game's in total.

4.) more explain, way players from the same ranking are happy whit less game's and others not,these won't almost every game played.

5.) what about fitness...if the do some thing about it, you need less players, I play every week 4 game's,so after 2 game's the stay on 70% or less, these I can not play...so you need some good back-up players for play all the game's.

6.) Thanks, so far very satisfied, at least someone who can give some answers, and I hope that sm is definitely going to do something, what that is really urgently needed.

Riferimento: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Hi guys.

I would like to know, if possible, if someone of the "SM staff" gave an explanation about this "Player Concerns" problems.

I would like to know if there will be a new solution from the staff soon, maybe before that I having to sell all my concerned players.

Some are excellent players or very good young players that I brought along in years with a good scouting.

I find this just so ridiculous! Players like Robben, Modric or Pastore playing almost all the year and are concerned.

Thanks for your answer.

I have spoken a little with SM on concerns and there are plans to update the Online Help article' date=' which I think is good news if not the sweeping changes that some want.

[/quote']

That sounds fair enough to me, but I hope they do more than just update the help file.

Thanks for your effort in trying to get us some answers.

;)

Its that part of the week where I lose a little more will to play the game. Concerns time!

Keep the faith, it sounds as if SM may (at long last) be about to cough up some words of wisdom to us.

I'm with you on the anti-strict concerns point but I just don't think that SM have the bravery to admit they were wrong and change them too much so I suspect that not much will change but we may be a little wiser. I'm not saying that concerns are not needed but they are scaring away a few players from the game and that can't be good for business can it.

There have been lots of good suggestions for ways to improve the concerns system, just hope that some of them get passed on to SM and they are at least considered.

Concerns are a flawed system really. If Sergio Ramos gets unhappy because he played 1 of 10 games fair enough. If he then goes on to play the next 10/10 he wont think "oh I've only played 11/20 games I'm even more unhappy" he'd think' date=' "finally Im getting a run in the side I'm happy again".

Its an uphill battle once someone becomes unhappy and you have to fling that player into every cup game etc to claw back the percentage of games.It would more sensible if the concerns were based on the review period of that month.

Do we need such strict player concerns? There are a million game worlds made each day so plenty of choice for people to participate in. Not to mention the vast majority of them are probably under 30% full. Of the ones I'm in very few people manage division 2 and under.

Also I see 2 88-89 rated players I sold off earlier reach unhappy level 5 status again at their new club and move on again. Whos benefitting from that?[/quote']

I completely agree with the above, the % games played system is completely flawed. Especially when a player then picks up an injury and his concerns still rises.

I feel the player concerns should merely be based on number of games played between each individual player concern review. As long as we're informed when the next player concern review is due to take place.

Any player that has played 10/10 of previous games available (within a player concern review period) should not still rise in concerns, fair enough....if he'd only played 1/20 previous games available then I'd expect him to be concerned (dependent on his rating and importance to the team) but playing the player for the next 10 games should drop any concerns by 1 level.

This is just an example, the figures could vary.

Player concerns are ruining the game for me. Alonso in my team has played 43 times this season and has still reached level 2 unhappiness. Now I'm sorry but I don't care what percentage of games he plays but if a player plays 43 times that season when he's also competing with players like xavi, toure, di maria etc he would be more than happy.

the other thing that grinds me is 89 players becoming unhappy when they're competing agains 92+ rated players.

you should be aloud, for example, 14 players 90 and above (a team and 3 subs) before they can get player concerns.

I also think there should be a maximum squad number too. a player in my game world has over 70 players and it's just ridiculous. having a maximum number would make gameworlds more competative and stop one team from hogging all the players.

Will any of this change any time soon do you think?

The most annoying thing about concerns is that you have to spend about 5 minutes longer each match day figuring out who you have to play to make sure who gets game time rather than who you want to play.

Its not really a fun aspect of the game.

FUN is what the game is supposed to be after all...........

The most annoying thing about concerns is that you have to spend about 5 minutes longer each match day figuring out who you have to play to make sure who gets game time rather than who you want to play.

Its not really a fun aspect of the game.

FUN is what the game is supposed to be after all...........

This, 1,000,000 times.

Keep the faith' date=' it sounds as if SM may (at long last) be about to cough up some words of wisdom to us.

I'm with you on the anti-strict concerns point but I just don't think that SM have the bravery to admit they were wrong and change them too much so I suspect that not much will change but we may be a little wiser. I'm not saying that concerns are not needed but they are scaring away a few players from the game and that can't be good for business can it.

There have been lots of good suggestions for ways to improve the concerns system, just hope that some of them get passed on to SM and they are at least considered.[/quote']

i read that all they have done is remove some loop-holes.

well i suggest they put those loop-holes back in play, as they concernes were working perfectly before - it preventing you having more than 18-20 first team (over 90 rated) players, while giving you enough ability to develop youth too, and to achieve this you had to be a very active manager (the kind that's good for business). less active mangers, could only maintain 13/14 first team players + youth. this was perfect all round - it prevented the problem of 3 years ago when some teams had 40or more 90+ players, while still allowing you to be a youth hunter and develop the good players into your 1st team, and also to maintain a healthy squad rotated first team.

I already know quite a few players who have quit, i've already quit 1 of my clubs, i suspect another 2 will go this week, and am quite sure that by the end of the summer i will be rid of my SM addiction, i now play another footy management game, and already know quite a few SM quitters on there who have discovered it like myself - as it's a long term game that REWARDS the people who play it by NOT changing the rules without clarification and NOT having player's demand to leave you after you spend the time to find and nurture the talent.

SM - you really have blown it. you are pandering to newbies, and you will suffer for it, mark my words.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

I could agree on the fact that having a clear rules will make it easier to understand how to make players not to be concerned but they will still get unhappy for many stupid reasons that should be adressed as soon as they were noticed by US, THE USERS of SM.

concern of not playing when injured

concern when loaned out to get more gametime

concern when playing bad

concern when not fit to play

concern when other beter rated players are competing for the same place and are having better game ratings in the avg

and so on and so on.

All of those should not trigger a reason to be unhappy.

Beside that, this has become, as someone mantioned earlier, game of dealing with concerns without enjoying the game.

I want to have Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli in my squad so they can compete about places and rest eachother when they are not match fit or sub when someone is injured. Unless U only have 2 strikers someone will most definetly get less then 60% of games in one season and there you go...

I dont say that Dzeko is happy to sit on the bench but he found his way of dealing with it by accepting that hes a part of rotation system. As long as I have played this game I have always used that system no metter how good player is, if hes unfit he has to rest...

Now I cant do that becouse some smart ass came up with an idea that me having exactly same squad as City will make most of my players grow concernes. I even have 82 players that has grown concernes by not having a chance to prove them self. and what if they even prove them self ? They cant even play 10 games a year ( which is minimum to receive award if your team wins something ) since that will mean that key players will grown their concerns.

So what can we do about it ?

Sell Tevez and Balotelli and have some 87 sub for them leving Dzeko and Aguero as strikers

Sell Barry, Rodwell, Milner, Johnson so that Yaya, Silva, Nasri, De Jong can be midfiled

Sell Clichy, Zabaleta, Kollo so that Savic, Lescot, Company, Kolarov can play defence.

In that way U can have a team that will raise no concerns what so ever and play them 100% of the time til they drop dead so they are all happy.

Who cares if U lose a game or ten when they all play on 50% fit all the time as long as they are happy...

Give me a break...

The above is so true. You can't even pick up a fresh team, which has exactly the same players as the real life team, without concerns happening (even with healthy rotation)

I myself have just taken over a brand new Man City club, and shipped out both Adebayor and Dzeko, because both will not get the playing time they want, behind Tevez, Kun and Ballotelli. Despite both being quite happy to be non starters at Manchester City in real life.

#FixSMconcerns