Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Just bumping this to remind people of Teb's offer...

I have spoken a little with SM on concerns and there are plans to update the Online Help article' date=' which I think is good news if not the sweeping changes that some want. SM indicated they will direct people to the article once it has been done but I have no definite timescale.

If anyone has any questions they would like answering [u'](that are not covered by the Online Help already[/u]) or feel there are areas that need clarifying then please feel free to bullet point them here or in a PM to me and I will put these forward as items that need including. This is not an offer from me (or SM) to investigate individual cases/bugs/etc. It is just me trying to collate questions that are unanswered, and hoping that SM will address them. I am not going to forward questions that quiz SM on why they have made once change or another.

I have said to SM that people are concerned about the speed of reviews, and the players that are picking up concerns despite playing X amount of games. I am told that all that has been changed lately is:

1) a change in the frequency of reviews; these are generally now three times a season but not at fixed times which is why some people see 4 weeks and other people 6 weeks etc.

2) tweaks to the percentages of games required, notably for 90+ rated players. I have asked SM to provide more guidance on what percentages players require and how the "best" players are determined for this purpose, etc.

Please don't hyperanalyse the above it is not intended to be gospel or comprehensive and I am just paraphrasing a conversation with SM in the hope it answers some questions.

Finally, I am aware that there has been a bug whereby some players going out on loan have seen changes in their Lack of Game concern. SM have indicated this should not be happening as a loan is meant to freeze concerns about Lack of Games.

I think it unlikely that any fundamentals have/will change. I have asked SM if they will consider making % of games played (and perhaps required) more transparent but this is by no means meant as an indication that they will because at the time of writing I don't know their opinion on this.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Do players expect to play in games theyve been banned from playing? Just got a player sent off and banned for 3 games. Is this another thing working against me?

I believe it will cause them to apparently blame the manager/team for them not playing as a result of being suspended :rolleyes: Don't you just love all the new and more realistic rules SM are piling on us. Soon it will just like being a real manager were we have to stay logged in all day long just to sort out teams and manage concerns, can't wait! :D

I believe it will cause them to apparently blame the manager/team for them not playing as a result of being suspended :rolleyes: Don't you just love all the new and more realistic rules SM are piling on us. Soon it will just like being a real manager were we have to stay logged in all day long just to sort out teams and manage concerns' date=' can't wait! :D[/quote']

And the they also expect to play even if they're out of form and picking up ratings of 6 on a regular basis.

In addition they also expect to play immediately after being purchased by a club and will not accept a slow integration into the starting XI.

Oh this realism approach is really paying off. SM....we don't want realism, this is supposed to be an enjoyable game.

Fix the concern system, it's a shambles.

In addition they also expect to play immediately after being purchased by a club and will not accept a slow integration into the starting XI.

Even if they come from an external club that isnt playing games they can still be at too low a match fitness level to play immediately. Stupid.

Just a question on rotating players' date='

Is is favourable to use substitutions or not? Can you get concerns down quicker if you substitute often? I don't tend to use subs at all. But obviously, the number of games work out the same.[/quote']

Yeah of course, if you use all 3 subs every game, and play approximately 50 games a season that's 150, divide that by 2 and you get an extra 75 full apps a season, in other words the ability to keep an extra 2/3 players happy.

10 games into a brand new set-up' date=' 3 players already on concerns.

10 GAMES. :mad:[/quote']

I think they are meant to update concerns 3 times a season or something, which seems a bit excessive to me and more work for them I suppose.

They've just over complicated it and the game now and I don't think they can find a way out so we are stuck with Soccer Manager v2.

I think part of the idea was to get us all logging in more often so they can sell the site better to advertisers.

I just can't believe that they didn't bug test the new concern system before going live with it :eek:. You'd think that someone would at some point ask the rather obvious question of "What happens when a player is injured?". Unbelievable.

Yeah of course' date=' if you use all 3 subs every game, and play approximately 50 games a season that's 150, divide that by 2 and you get an extra 75 full apps a season, in other words the ability to keep an extra 2/3 players happy.[/quote']

I thought that if a player is subbed, or comes on as a sub, that counts for half an appearance. so playing sub in 2 games = playing 1 full game. Is that not right?

And the they also expect to play even if they're out of form and picking up ratings of 6 on a regular basis.

This! A perfect demonstration of how the new concern system has failed to take common sense into its equation.

Higuain is my top-rated striker at 94, and usually he fires the goals in for my team. But not this season - he can't hit a barn door and has scored just 6 goals in 23 league games. But I have to play him in almost every match to ensure he doesn't develop concerns, to the detriment of my side's form :mad:

Instead of actually managing the team, I'm just managing the concerns instead. Ridiculous.

I thought that if a player is subbed' date=' or comes on as a sub, that counts for half an appearance. so playing sub in 2 games = playing 1 full game. Is that not right?[/quote']

Nah the player that starts gets a full appearance and the substitute gets a half appearance, doesn't matter what time they are added, 45 minutes or 75 minutes. Example

Might look something like this

Fabregas - 10 (4)

4 divided by 2 = 2

so

10 - 2 = 8 full apps

Just a question on rotating players' date='

Is is favourable to use substitutions or not? Can you get concerns down quicker if you substitute often? I don't tend to use subs at all. But obviously, the number of games work out the same.[/quote']

I always use substitutions. If Im winning I bring on players who need appearances, if Im losing/drawing I bring on my strongest 3 subs. My subs bench is divided in to 4 weaker players who need games and 3 high rated players who can change the game.

A sub appearance only counts a half but Im surprised you're not using them considering they can give your team an extra 57 appearances over a 38 game league alone (with cups providing extra of course). Thats nearly two players of happiness, assuming happiness = 30 games, which is what I tend to aim for.

Instead of actually managing the team' date=' I'm just managing the concerns instead. Ridiculous.[/quote']

This is very true, I feel the same way. I'm managing my teams with one arm tied behind my back as I have to play certain players regardless of form or fitness or if an important league or cup game is the following night after a pointless cup game etc.

I wonder if all the new players (I assume the idea of concerns was to encourage new players into game worlds) are having as much fun as we are with player concerns? Bet they are loving it.

What were SM smoking when they thought up this vote winner! :D

I just can't believe that they didn't bug test the new concern system before going live with it :eek:. You'd think that someone would at some point ask the rather obvious question of "What happens when a player is injured?". Unbelievable.

As I said previously, this reminds me of the recent situation with the meltdown at RBS. Typical corner cutting leading to the destruction in reputation of a carefully built brand. SM is going down the tubes.

SM is going down the tubes.

It's half way round the U-Bend and heading into the great stinking drain of good ideas gone bad.

If it aint broke, don't fix it springs to mind.

Sure it had some rough edges, but if you didn't like a game world you could always look for another or a brand new one.

We can talk and complain all day long. They have their mind set as it is. We can

1. accept the new rules with every downhill it brings along

2. decline and leave this game

Third option of talking them into taking a look at a ridicilous system that has only 20%, if that much, connection with real world is a non negotiable option.

I bought at least 4 game worlds, translated many strings into my native language and payed for gold membership which will run out in apx 3,5 years.

Sometimes I even tend to click on advertisement banners just to do my part to improve this game.

Now, am about to leave becouse I see no will to actually pick up GOOD suggestions that will improve thing they made very poorly...

SM ripped us off of game experience and one thing that used to be fun, something that is really making me draw the line.

I stay in hope they will do something about it but almost 1 year after they introduced new and "improved" concern system nothing has happened.

That is one year of making fool of the users that made this community be what it is today.

Did we deserve this kind of behaviour ?

Yes, we did. By bringing our friends and ppl we know to Sm and suggesting that they also take a part in here.

Thanks for treating us like garbage SM DEVelopment team... We surely deserve it !!!

I'm not against concerns as such - in my main setup this week I saw a real vindication for their existence, with Anderson Hernanes (who had played just 18 games in 2 seasons for Barcelona) requesting a transfer and moving to second division VfB Stuttgart, thereby becoming their star player. My team and that of my main rival have had to shed a few players - the likes of Vertonghen, Schurrle, Lewandowski and Kroos - because they were barely able to get any games. All left for big money to improve weaker sides in the setup, which is fantastic.

But ultimately things have gone too far. No clubs in real football (and isn't that what SM is aspiring to?) can compete on all fronts with a squad that consists of 17 outfield players, which seems to be the maximum anyone can get away with now. The issue with default Man City sides having numerous concerns sums everything up.

I have to micro-manage every member of my side, drawing up calculations for 75% of 38 or 53 or 65 games. Never mind if an 89-rated kid is far outperforming an established 93 in his position - you're forced to pander to concerns and stick with the big name, no matter how badly that might affect your results.

And then there are the blatant bugs. Oh Jesus, they'd best be bugs - if SM have really decided that it makes sense for players to grow unhappy about not playing when out through injury (and perhaps suspension too?) then I despair. And if that is a bug, then when is it being fixed? If they procrastinate too long, people will lose key players and they will not hold back in their criticism.

It's a great concept, but it needs real work. The most tragic thing about all this is that the system worked really well before SM "fixed loopholes"; whatever they changed has made it militant and unworkable.

I'm not against concerns as such - in my main setup this week I saw a real vindication for their existence' date=' with Anderson Hernanes (who had played just 18 games in 2 seasons for Barcelona) requesting a transfer and moving to second division VfB Stuttgart, thereby becoming their star player. [/quote']

In theory they are a good thing, in reality they are a half thought out idea that was rushed into live play apparently without any bug testing.

I'm not going to suggest any replacement ideas or improvements because most of the alternative suggestions on this forum have covered them already and I don't think it'd make a blind bit of difference anyway.

I'm not sure that SM can do the coding calculations to figure in (or out) the periods a player is injured therefore can't possibly play.

It feels like a knee-jerk reaction, quick, easy fix solution from them, to pander to all the new "but I want Messi, it's so not fair!" players and we all know that those kind of ideas always turn out great don't we.

Level 4 concern for a 90 rated 22 y'o, my star future CB SAKHO, Mamadou, not even tjhat but he play now alot.

13 Barcelona Division 1 17 (SO FAR)

12 Barcelona Division 1 18 (1)

+ lots of cups matches over few seasons..

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, is a player like this leaving? i have the best club in the game world, and one of the most sucessfull on this WHOLE game but a 90 rated wants out even tough he play fair ammount of time? and a MASSIVE CLUB

This is a joke... this is not realism SM.

he's gone from level 1 to 4 in the space of a FEW WEEKS, even before hand he was level 3 and i got him down to level 1, but for no reason he just go up up up..

HE'S MY 4TH BEST CB, NOW MY RESERVE BACKUP/PLAYER I MUST PLAY ALOT MUST BE RATED 88.. SO AS NOT TO HAVE HIM UNHAPPY..

no skill in game anymore, you cant get 89 rated 4th choice cb happy.. now 88 you sign to play when puyol can't vs whoever have sakho rated 90..

u8fuy3yhf9-eyhf9-yhe89ry-97yrh83r-89h9-he9-

when puyol retire, sakho at riival rated 94 i have some random 90 i aquire somewere.. this game is good if you noob, ther's no skill really

[][][][][]

Dear reader..

Whatever the policy in SM currently is, having my backup cb (4th best cb) leaving the best team on the gameworld, aswell as the fact that he was brought in as a youth and is still considered by me to be my future "puyol" and the fact he has played regulary over the last two seasons over 60% in all comps as starts, i find it incredible that you as a company can take this player of me and off other managers..

i hope you realise not being able to keep an 89 rated player happy will no mean that when puyol retires, sakho will have left me and be rated 93/94 and il have random 90 or fulltime 88 to play as my 2nd choice selection vs whoever signed sakho..

it's not realistic, it's not logical, it doesn't bring any skill into the game rather a skillless game to aquire top players/prospects easily

sleep on it, if you can sleep good for you.. almost 80% of yout customers think the same, wait till they start losing players like this.. they havnt done so yet but they will.

just as sakho is good enough to play, adios.. the arsenal philosophy

I've got Loic Remy on a concern for lack of games so I managed to find a club to take him on loan on Saturday who would play him regularly.

Logged on today and he now has a concern for being out on loan!

You got to laugh.........

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few weeks back, it's genius isn't it!

Logged on today and he now has a concern for being out on loan!

I can see both sides of the argument on this one, firstly I can see that you are annoyed about the fact that a player moaning about not playing is now actually playing and still moaning, but on the other hand I can see that someone as good as Remy would be a bit peed off that he is being sent out on loan. He's an established, experienced international and I think it's fair enough that you have to either play him or sell him under the new rules.

It's kind of like a bit of a loophole if you can simply hang on to all your big names by rotating 15-20 around and then loaning out the rest to other managers.

I'm not happy with the new concern rules or the lack of information regarding them from SM, but if he's an experienced international you should play him or sell him. If he was a rosy cheeked youngster then I'm with you, but Remy isn't a new kid on the block.

If it was me, I'd be thinking that the manager doesn't really rate me so he's letting me go, so I'll not be sending him a Xmas card this year.

Level 4 concern for a 90 rated 22 y'o' date=' my star future CB SAKHO, Mamadou, not even tjhat but he play now alot.

13 Barcelona Division 1 17 (SO FAR)

12 Barcelona Division 1 18 (1)

+ lots of cups matches over few seasons..

[/quote']

Not being funny but if you really wanted him you would play him more and seeing as your Barcelona.It must be a spanish championship or a world which is 38 games a season and You haven't even played him in half of the games which is 19.

They will expect to play in approximately 65-70% games

Which converted to game time is

24.7 to 26.6 games a season