Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

I can see both sides of the argument on this one' date=' firstly I can see that you are annoyed about the fact that a player moaning about not playing is now actually playing and still moaning, but on the other hand I can see that someone as good as Remy would be a bit peed off that he is being sent out on loan. He's an established, experienced international and I think it's fair enough that you have to either play him or sell him under the new rules.

It's kind of like a bit of a loophole if you can simply hang on to all your big names by rotating 15-20 around and then loaning out the rest to other managers.

I'm not happy with the new concern rules or the lack of information regarding them from SM, but if he's an experienced international you should play him or sell him. If he was a rosy cheeked youngster then I'm with you, but Remy isn't a new kid on the block.

If it was me, I'd be thinking that the manager doesn't really rate me so he's letting me go, so I'll not be sending him a Xmas card this year.[/quote']

I agree with what you say, but SM should work on a system where players are unable to be loaned if they fall within a certain criteria.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Teb,

this is what I would like to bring to the developers. I realize these are not questions, as I more or less understand what changes have been done. I only have 2 statements:

1) You don't sneak in new rules that have adverse effect on the past play that was good according to the old rules. If the way you played for the past month was good according to the old rules, and all of a sudden a patch is applied that makes your play bad - that's just not cool. Developers MUST announce such changes to the rules way ahead of time, so people change the way they play and don't get penalized for not having a crystal ball that tells them what will get introduced by the developers in the future.

2) The new algorithm that makes players to expect to play in all cup games without altering the percentage of expected games is buggy. A player can not fully participate in a sequence league-cup-league without playing as NMF, yet he expects to play. As it stands now, to keep the best players happy they either have to play NMF or you have to try to get kicked out of all cup competitions. That's a bug.

I agree with what you say' date=' but SM should work on a system where players are unable to be loaned if they fall within a certain criteria.[/quote']

Perhaps only players in the youth team should be able to be loaned out. That's roughly how it works in the real world.

Perhaps only players in the youth team should be able to be loaned out. That's roughly how it works in the real world.

Look at the players City loaned out last season, they were more than happy to go out on loan. Certainly weren't youth players.

A player can not fully participate in a sequence league-cup-league without playing as NMF

It would be better, though not very realistic if fitness wasn't an issue in any cup game, like in friendlies. I also think that if all injuries were no longer than 1 week it would make the games quota more achievable and wouldn't require too much work on the part of SM.

Like I say, not realistic, but it would work with very little effort required from SM.

It would be better' date=' though not very realistic if fitness wasn't an issue in any cup game, like in friendlies....

Like I say, not realistic, but it would work with very little effort required from SM.[/quote']

That is an easy option, though adjusting the percentages of games the players expect to play if the cup games are counted should not require too much effort either.

Not being funny but if you really wanted him you would play him more and seeing as your Barcelona.It must be a spanish championship or a world which is 38 games a season and You haven't even played him in half of the games which is 19.

They will expect to play in approximately 65-70% games

Which converted to game time is

24.7 to 26.6 games a season

not more really true....have players played more than 30 game's the past season and in all most every cup-smfa game's, this season my 2 best hulk-moutinho played sofwar 32 and 33 game's, 5 cup's+6 smfa game(s, on level 1 on the half in the season, today just go up to level 2...what do the won't played 100%?...don't know it anymore.:confused:

Look at this :

Moura Lucas :

Broken metatarsal 19 Apr 2012- 18 Jun 2012 in total of 8 weeks 4 days

Played EVERY SINGLE GAME when healthy since this is low rated division and he is a star player and he is on level 2 concerned now .

I MEAN COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

&%/&Y)DQ(H=(H#=(#=(UFJ`=I)(#/#"¤&

Look at this :

Moura Lucas :

Broken metatarsal 19 Apr 2012- 18 Jun 2012 in total of 8 weeks 4 days

Played EVERY SINGLE GAME when healthy since this is low rated division and he is a star player and he is on level 2 concerned now .

I MEAN COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

There are what appear to be obvious bugs in the new system, of which yours looks like a prime example, I hope SM are working on a fix for this. They have to know about it by now don't they?

I'd respect them more if they just held their hands up and said, sorry we made a mistake and we are working on a fix and expect to have it in play on (whatever) date.

If they don't give us answers we will just have to fill in the blanks ourselves and I don't think many people will be sympathetic to them in doing so.

Not sure I'll be getting that Social Manager achievement any time soon.

Not being funny but if you really wanted him you would play him more and seeing as your Barcelona.It must be a spanish championship or a world which is 38 games a season and You haven't even played him in half of the games which is 19.

he's played in well well over 60% in all comps, last season he played id say all my cup matches, as starts aswell as 18(1) in league, this season over 50% in league (ok a bit down but level 4? cmon is that even level 1 ????) cups not sure this season would hva check again ;)

if those who want these concerns think that this is realism, then go do 1, he 90 rated.. my rivals squads regulary have 90/91 (midtable or even lower) players in there first 11.. when teams play my teams usually their strongest 11 gets put out.. (im sacrificing league titles right now having played him like i have been) he's getting PLENTY OF friggn gametime in a short period but has gone to level 4.. plenty of gametime at a sucessfull club.

no such thing as realism anywere, not that there should be total realism , it's a game.. so if concerns like this keep happening then so be it, i just think it's absolutly unfair.. with the current boundries.

so even when you want to keep your starprospect, it's likly that you can't unless you sell puyol etc .. i personly don't like this ideal... it's only a game afterall & i'l have to make do, even if i don't ;ike it.

SM knows that, off each person SM takes very little $$$ of each individual if anything.. they're using that to their advantage, if it's in the games interest to be run like this then so be it.. (to just walk over our feelings/ideals etc etc) from a gaming perspective not ina personal way towards us, Might simply be that over the next 10* years the game will change many times, to stir things up abit.

Just don't bullshi4 me around, like i'm being ** around with sakho right now..

yes sakho is not good enough for me right now but he on the verge of it, 22 is start age for a real quality defender, it's then usuually you know his quality..

i shouldn't have wasted 300k or whatever on him.. years ago

false hope of dreams gone bye of building my team over years....

call it scout mode, maybe i should just sell puyol but the reality is that this is from a gaming perspective of me vs my opponent against what the game is about, getting the best and being the best.

i don't take it that serioulsy really lol

or the deemeener* in which i come across on here, it's all of good faith..i hope

peace.

i want to know what the portugese forum has to say about concerns, what about the italians, they love it too, they must? :)

im not happy about losing these players like sakho etc but lets see what comes next.. what i can make of it.

Ive got 17 clubs. Some of these I have had for 7 years.

The game is not fun anymore. I do not want to (nor do I have the time to) calculate which players need more gametime. The time I do have to spend playing the game I want to build great teams through transfers and scout out future stars. I do not want to see 7 years of team building being slowly ripped apart through concerns.

I am going to reduce the number of teams I manage starting with the ones with the most concerns as I do not have time to work out who needs rotating in every gameworld or want to see years of scouting and dealing destroyed + soccermanager is supposed to be a form of entertainment not a chore. As people have stated before once player concerns start it is an impossible to put right domino effect. If I can't manage to keep my players happy in the reduced number of teams then I'll keep reducing to the point of quitting the game.

There is a lot of things wrong with the game - player concerns, stupid robot chairmen, too many game worlds & lack of proper customer support to name a few. I do enjoy (well I used to) playing manager games so think I will be trialling some of the other versions out there on the internet to see if they put game play experience and customer care first before profits and minimal maintenance.

I am going to reduce the number of teams I manage starting with the ones with the most concerns as I do not have time to work out who needs rotating in every gameworld

I had 16.

I have 7 now and about to quit on 3 more.

Thanks SM :)

The game is not fun anymore. I do not want to (nor do I have the time to) calculate which players need more gametime.

I agree with you that it's not as much fun anymore, IF you are an established (presumably) Gold Manager, IF on the other hand you are a newcomer then things will be opening up for you. I assume this was the idea from the point of view of SM, I think they thought that established Gold Managers would up sticks and move to other clubs and start again to freshen things up.

With concerns either the players move through lack of game concerns or the managers move to different clubs, either way SM gets what it's after.

Like a lot of businesses SM are only interested in new customers and don't care about the existing ones who they probably assume are so addicted by now that they'll keep on playing and paying no matter what.

not more really true....have players played more than 30 game's the past season and in all most every cup-smfa game's' date=' this season my 2 best hulk-moutinho played sofwar 32 and 33 game's, 5 cup's+6 smfa game(s, on level 1 on the half in the season, today just go up to level 2...what do the won't played 100%?...don't know it anymore.:confused:[/quote']

What gameworld ?

he's played in well well over 60% in all comps' date=' last season he played id say all my cup matches, as starts aswell as 18(1) in league, this season over 50% in league (ok a bit down but level 4? cmon is that even level 1 ????) cups not sure this season would hva check again ;)

if those who want these concerns think that this is realism, then go do 1, he 90 rated.. my rivals squads regulary have 90/91 (midtable or even lower) players in there first 11.. when teams play my teams usually their strongest 11 gets put out.. (im sacrificing league titles right now having played him like i have been) he's getting PLENTY OF friggn gametime in a short period but has gone to level 4.. plenty of gametime at a sucessfull club.

no such thing as realism anywere, not that there should be total realism , it's a game.. so if concerns like this keep happening then so be it, i just think it's absolutly unfair.. with the current boundries.

so even when you want to keep your starprospect, it's likly that you can't unless you sell puyol etc .. i personly don't like this ideal... it's only a game afterall & i'l have to make do, even if i don't ;ike it.

SM knows that, off each person SM takes very little $$$ of each individual if anything.. they're using that to their advantage, if it's in the games interest to be run like this then so be it.. (to just walk over our feelings/ideals etc etc) from a gaming perspective not ina personal way towards us, Might simply be that over the next 10* years the game will change many times, to stir things up abit.

Just don't bullshi4 me around, like i'm being ** around with sakho right now..

yes sakho is not good enough for me right now but he on the verge of it, 22 is start age for a real quality defender, it's then usuually you know his quality..

i shouldn't have wasted 300k or whatever on him.. years ago

false hope of dreams gone bye of building my team over years....

call it scout mode, maybe i should just sell puyol but the reality is that this is from a gaming perspective of me vs my opponent against what the game is about, getting the best and being the best.

i don't take it that serioulsy really lol

or the deemeener* in which i come across on here, it's all of good faith..i hope

peace.

i want to know what the portugese forum has to say about concerns, what about the italians, they love it too, they must? :)

im not happy about losing these players like sakho etc but lets see what comes next.. what i can make of it.[/quote']

Maybe Level 4 is a bit much as 18 games is a fair amount.I would say level 2 at most.

The only teams i have concerns with are all my big teams which is like 2.My Arsenal in EC 5880 and my Ajax in Wc 2919.But tbh i just dont mind the concerns if they dont want to play for my side.They can do 1 :D

SM should make concerns a bit more realistic where there should be an option of i will play you alot more and if you dont play them after promising they get more game time they get to leave after waiting 3+ months or so waiting for the heaps of games.It may help abit.

He said he has four CB's, you do realise it's actually impossible to give those four 65-70% of games over a season?

Mathematically impossible.

In some ways, the player concerns and the random nature of them,

adds a sense of realism to a Soccer Management game.

In real life, many players fall out of love with a club or decide they want to leave for all kinds of reasons.

Sometimes their rationale is justified, other times they act like spoiled brats.

But it is something that real life managers have to deal with all the time!!

So yes.. the player concern system in SM is very annoying and frustration

{and I too have had players hand in an unreasonable transfer request}

But in truth, it adds to realism of the game.

He said he has four CB's' date=' you do realise it's actually impossible to give those four 65-70% of games over a season?

Mathematically impossible.[/quote']

You would think so, but in fact it is very possible to give 4 top rated CBs 7/10 games, you can do it with 5 top rated CBs if you don't play any full backs (3-5-2 etc). I do it at several of my clubs.

He said he has four CB's' date=' you do realise it's actually impossible to give those four 65-70% of games over a season?

Mathematically impossible.[/quote']

Playing 3 at the back would help in a 3-5-2 you can play 3 CB's at the back.Which i do nd then sub on your other CB.Simple

Or 5-4-1.Which plays 3 at the back and also a very strong formation to beat.

Plus I'm sure he said he has Puyol who is getting on a bit and i rather play my younger players.

But in truth' date=' it adds to realism of the game.[/quote']

Something had to be done about big squads and their managers not selling anyone i suppose, but for me it's the apparent randomness of the concerns and the total lack of warning that the goalposts were going to be moved by the game that really get under my skin.

I'm not sure that too many people signed up for "Soccer Manager the 100% realistic management sim!" Instead they signed up for a game that allowed them to scout out players and have a bit of fun in doing so as a form of after work escapism.

The problem is that this (the game cracking down on big squads) was always going to happen as the game became more popular and more people wanted to play it but were put off by the lack of availability of big name players.

The problem is though that I don't think the new players will want to play (or pay for) the new, hard work fending off concerns form of SM anymore than the old skool managers will.

Playing 3 at the back would help in a 3-5-2 you can play 3 CB's at the back.Which i do nd then sub on your other CB.Simple

Or 5-4-1.Which plays 3 at the back and also a very strong formation to beat.

Plus I'm sure he said he has Puyol who is getting on a bit and i rather play my younger players.

And what if he doesnt actually want to play 3-5-2?

Not only do these ridiculous concerns effect your starting XI, we now have to alter our formations so we can spreadsheet manage our squads!

Absurd.

You can still do it while playing 4-4-2 etc, it's just that you need to avoid injuries and have to be prepared to play players who are something like 75-80% fit at times.

I have 2 systems, 1 for my mainly 3-5-2 teams and 1 for my more traditional 4-4-2 ones. In either case you can keep either 5 or 4 top rated CBs playing 7/10 games.

:)

Not only do these ridiculous concerns effect your starting XI' date=' we now have to alter our formations so we can spreadsheet manage our squads!

Absurd.[/quote']

What about 5-4-1 ;) I did say that formation aswell and it's a very tough formation to beat.

Plus 3-5-2 is a common formation to use.The only other decent formations out is 4-2-3-1. 4-5-1 defensive, 3-5-2 and 5-4-1 and maybe 4-3-3 wingers.

If he doesn't use 3-5-2 then there is nothing i can do about it really is there.It just helps out concerns at the back and can get you results.

Like i have said yes the concerns need fixing but there is some ways to overcome it.Plus the game of football is sometimes is changing your formation as it can get boring playing the same one over and over again!.