Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

You can still do it while playing 4-4-2 etc' date=' it's just that you need to avoid injuries and have to be prepared to play players who are something like 75-80% fit at times.

I have 2 systems, 1 for my mainly 3-5-2 teams and 1 for my more traditional 4-4-2 ones. In either case you can keep either 5 or 4 top rated CBs playing 7/10 games.

:)[/quote']

How can 4 CB's play 70% of games each for 2 positions over a season?

It's impossible. If 2 play 7/10 games, the other 2 cannot play 7/10 games!

Something had to be done about big squads and their managers not selling anyone i suppose

Yes, they should have brought in a squad cap of 20-25 players for first team.

That would have solved the problem of squad hoarding in an instant.

Instead of having the balls to introduce that, they've come up with these convoluted concerns which are a complete cop out.

It's impossible. If 2 play 7/10 games' date=' the other 2 cannot play 7/10 games![/quote']

Lets say U have 4 CB's and name them A B C D

game 1. Start A B SUB C

game 2. Start B C SUB D

game 3. Start C D SUB A

this way every one of them has 2/3 games which is 66,66%.

If one of them is not STAR player you can take him out of equasion every fourth time to increase season long appereance of the other to to over 70% which will bring the last one under 60%.

The real problem here is that appereance or actual gameplay time of a player does not follow SEASON but those random concern termins and if U by any chance get one player injured the whole system gets so complicated since he will gain concern even when injured.

Another problem is that those concerns has nothing to do with his actual performance, who is playing on the same place ( or who is his competition for the spot ) and many other variables that, my guess, was to hard to implement. So we have been givven half tought system which is frustrating.

So far, and by FAR I mean since 19.11.2011 when they introduced this system, we have not been givven answers on if those random bugs will be fixed or we are stucked with this.

I just left 3 of my other clubs. I have 4 now in Worlds which I own and have turned concerns off. To bad that I had to since I actually liked old concern system but with this ridicilous randomness I gave up. I gave up teams that I built to be teams with 50 + players where I snapped talents in age of 16, 17 and around that have grown up to be good players, or in other words which I spent ages to build...

I guess that was intension of this concern system, to made us, old gold customers go away and never to purchase any damn ting that comes out of SM shop and never to invite any of our friends to this place that used to be nice or rather advice them to not join here...

Another similar online managers which are actually free in all their levels and which I discovered after this concern thing started to annoy me off have another CONTRACT system where you as manger offer a player a ROLE as

KEYPLAYER

ROTATION

SUB

YOUTH

and such where concern levels depnding on contract conditions. If you can get van Persie to accept that he is a part of rotation system together with Rooney Tevez and Ibrahimovic for instance then he will understnad that others have to play too. There is only one Alex Ferguson that is actually runing players after bringing them to The Glory, like he did to Berbatov who was Man U top scorer just to accept the fact that he played few games next season or Chicarito who delivered awesome first season but was benched in the same way season after...

There is something else if van Persie wants to be keyplayer, then you know what you are buying but then he has to perform in order to meet his part of the contract...

This is the same as rating. If he plays 40 games and has scored 2 goals and has 2 assits as FC then conditions of his contrant has not been met and he has to accept changing of contract terms that will alow you to degrade him to rotation...

yes its complicated, but there is a way and I would like to know if we are on that or some similar way or we are stucked with this...

It's impossible. If 2 play 7/10 games' date=' the other 2 cannot play 7/10 games![/quote']

Trust me it can work, if I knew how to upload a screen dump of an Excel file image I'd do it, but I keep getting a 'File Size Exceed' or 'Image Too Big' error when I try to attach a file to a post.

:)

This is how the defensive game schedule works for a team who wants to keep 5 top class CBs playing 7/10 games (G1, G2 etc = Game1, Game2);

First Choice CB No 1

G1 - G2 - G3 - G4 - G5 - G6 - G7 - G8 - G9 - G10

Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 2

Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes -Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 3

Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Sub -Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Sub = 7/10

First Choice CB No 4

Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes -Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - No = 7/10

First Choice CB No 5

No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes = 7/10

Notice how it's 3 CBs playing each game with 1 coming on as a sub each game.

B)

This is how the defensive game schedule works for a team who wants to keep 5 top class CBs playing 7/10 games (G1' date=' G2 etc = Game1, Game2);

First Choice CB No 1

Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 2

Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes -Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 3

Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Sub -Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Sub = 7/10

First Choice CB No 4

Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes -Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - No = 7/10

First Choice CB No 5

No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes = 7/10

Notice how it's 3 CBs playing each game with 1 coming on as a sub each game.

B)

I absolutely commend you for putting that together, thanks alot.

But it goes to show how ridiculous playing this game is right now. We should never have to resort to this kind of thing just to be able to play. There is no fun in having to do that at all. Better yet, it was just lumbered on us without warning, effecting heavily something that I have paid money for.

Thanks again for that though, SML.

Yes' date=' they should have brought in a squad cap of 20-25 players for first team.

That would have solved the problem of squad hoarding in an instant.

Instead of having the balls to introduce that, they've come up with these convoluted concerns which are a complete cop out.[/quote']

I was a big supporter of a squad cap, got involved in a lot of heated debates about it (surprise surprise :o) - check out the squad cap/ squad sizes threads and trust me when I say that the annoyance on this thread over concerns is fairly small compared to the uproar when folk thought a squad cap lower than the current 255-ish was going to be introduced.

One of the arguments I used to use in favour of a squad cap was that it forced managers to choose between players and would reward the better judges of player or those more "in-the-know".

Same applies with concerns now - you can only keep a core of 17/18 (i.e. NOT a squad of 17/18, just a core) happy all the time indefinitely rather than the old way which allowed keeping 30+ happy indefinitely which makes it tougher to choose but means the better judge of a player will end up with a better core 17/18 than the next guy.

On the Puyol/ Sakho debate: in SM as in life sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward - for my Forest team I've just signed De Gea (90) so will now sell Cesar (92), I've already dropped Carvalho (92) and Samuel (91) to give Yanga-Mbiwa (89) and Benatia (90) more game time.

I'll be weaker this season and maybe even the next but hopefully be the stronger for it for many seasons after - can't always be the best! :)

Deleted post, forget it. (so much for deleting the orignal post, i can't just stop moaning :/)

here we go

if SM feel it necessary (for whatever reason) to rid me of sakho before his potential unless i sell puyol (maybe even another top cb aswell ) then so be it, asking SM why sakho ROSE to level 4 ina few weeks despite having played an insane number of matches in the last 5 months in all comps ahead of pique/puyol. well then i can only say this is the game we play. (i won both cup and shield this season lol with sakho im sure well apart of them runs.. so even with maximum cup exsposure no luck whatsoever..)

I feel it to be to my disadvantge hugely to sell puyol, however down the line this won't be the case.

Sakho is not unhappy because of gametime, he's unhappy because pique puyol (cb or rb he actually my rb :/) hummels(DM no.2 cb no.3-if inc. puyol) masch(DM) vermaelen(LB no.2) effectivly sakho is my 2nd/3rd best cb, which is why he has being playing so much :/

what the gamecode see's and what i see/actually playing, are two different things.

Same reason alcantera will leave, even tough in real life if sakho and alcantera were gettting so much gametime at barce i doubt there would be an issue.

idealistically, concerns are a good idea.. i think we all agree ti this, always have.. however it's perimeters are obsurd and doesn't take many facotrs into account.. not the potential of a 89 player, not the sucess of your ingame club, not the age of your other players, not alot of things..

I do appriciate however the need for things to change, to stop things going stale, but doing it by people losing alcantera or having to play them in league matches for me is not a good idea for SM..personally for me it has destroyed how i play this game since i started many years ago, but i'll get in with it for now, but tbh in standards i see a random 15/20 teams having similar squads with the exception of a few who have some superstars like messi ozil etc, new gamers to setups won't be able to as easily be sucessfull as more managers will win the few throphies available, for the most part alot of managers leave teams not because they win noting , all the time i see people win stuff, build nice team & then just gone... (they now get sakho and alcantera off me, win or dont win and leave club) evening out of squads only will lead to more frquent defeats etc, only dedicated managers mind this, less managers will quit or simply not bother in spending time on there team/tactics etc if the end result is sometimes win sometimes lose anyway.

if its an issue for SM for me to have puyol playing now, and sakho lying in wait for when puyol retires, or xavi/alcantera then this is sad, as alcantera was there for everyone when he was added to the database, as will the next superstar to come along. if you don't have sakho or alcantera in your team then this is your problim for not playing the game the best way possible, don't cry to because you join a setup and manager wont sell you this player, because your too lazy to invest or were too lazy in the past (4 years ago) to invest in the future, i was not lazy but now im being screwd. if only alcantera was rated 88 then id be fine, maybe i shouldn't scout such good players like dongou, the reality is that he will be rated 89/90 for along time at barce with the likes of messi sanchez and whoever else barce buy inbetween, no point me scouting to play at a later stage rather scout dongou just so that when he does get to 89/90 i can try swap him. thats sad.

Who came up with this thing managers leave setups because they can't get good players, SM can't force us to sell the messi ronaldos that everyone wants, even people who build very nice teams leave, it's an SM myth, but because asuch & unrealistically they land either alcantera or xavi then leave the setup.. just watch it happen.

who bought alcantera as xavi's replacement all them years ago?

Specifically to replace xavi/inesta, why build a youth squad if eventually you must decide to scrap current stars to acomodate the half of youths you wish to promote/play..or scrap all your stars.. or scrap all ur youths to have a super team now..

there's another issue & i'm not sure if it's tied in with SM current logic with regards the severity of concerns right now, & that is some people have a stunning array of youths that will eventually get their 89+ ratings.. i don't see a problim with this, fair dues were fair dues are due n all n anyways, but people will get jelous of some teams and demand SM spread the mayonaise, of course SM will hop on it..

The reality is that i never looked at tebs spartak & thaught, not fair.. we play the same game with the same boundries, if someone is "ALITTLE" better than you ie better players/more debt/better youths then it's because he played better. it's a myth that people despise tebs spartak because it's a strong squad with lots of talent.. people are not fussed if one team is stronger than them like this, they can be challanged easily.. kinda :/ also weight in the FACT that most people have alot of teams (not just one or two) so if they want that strong team in a gameworld they have many chance and options to do this nicely.. maybe not in gc-1 but someother gold champ, the same applies to standards, i might be able to understand sakho neymar getting unhappy if only 1 gameworld existed but there is UNLIMITED ammount of gameworlds you can join/buy clubs to achieve this, SM making problim for many many people unnessary.. denying somebody a player in one gameworld (cause manager dont want sell/or want for future) does not mean you deny him this player across all soccermanager.

So the argument that i must sell such players because other managers leave setup if they dont get "good" players for me is circumstancial, anyone can build nice squads in any standard setup, sometimes few months, sometimes longer.. but straight away.. as will happen from now.. were's the fun in that for anyone.

of course i'm/we're all missing something vitally important & that's why SM won't do noting, i hope there right & im wrong.

off course i thaught this discussion was over a few weeks ago but like the AntiCheatSystem/Chairman valuation not allowing you to do REASONABLE player/exchange deals and other threads/issues this thread may well run.. lets see if any noobs who join up to the game today or later end up on here complaining.. ina few weeks because the team he just took over is about to be ripped apart.. (the only reason he got it in the first place)

Don't worry what someone else has or how many someone else has in their team, work your own team.

& of course thats not to say i agree that even if bale was never ever playing at a club i should be allowd keep him.. don't take me that seriously.

Deleted post' date=' forget it.

if SM feel it necessary (for whatever reason) to rid me of sakho before his potential unless i sell puyol (maybe even another top cb aswell ) then so be it, asking SM why sakho ROSE to level 4 ina few weeks despite having played an insane number of matches in the last 5 months in all comps ahead of pique/puyol. well then i can only say this is the game we play. (i won both cup and shield this season lol with sakho im sure well apart of them runs.. so even with maximum cup exsposure no luck whatsoever..)

I feel it to be to my disadvantge hugely to sell puyol, however down the line this won't be the case.

Sakho is not unhappy because of gametime, he's unhappy because pique puyol (cb or rb he actually my rb :/) hummels(DM no.2 cb no.3-if inc. puyol) masch(DM) vermaelen(LB no.2) effectivly sakho is my 2nd/3rd best cb, which is why he has being playing so much :/

what the gamecode see's and what i see/actually playing, are two different things.

Same reason alcantera will leave, even tough in real life if sakho and alcantera were gettting so much gametime at barce i doubt there would be an issue.

idealistically, concerns are a good idea.. i think we all agree ti this, always have.. however it's perimeters are obsurd and doesn't take many facotrs into account.. not the potential of a 89 player, not the sucess of your ingame club, not the age of your other players, not alot of things..[/quote']

I agree with all your points here Shel.

But ultimately I have to say that the concerns sytem, although it definitely is flawed, adds a sense of realism to SM.

As a football management simulator.

Many managers in the real world, have to deal with players who become unhappy and want to leave overnight.

It's a real kick in the balls for a manager to have to deal with this, but nevertheless, it's part of the job.

Right, for anyone who's interested and to save you time here are 2 systems for giving 17 first team big names 7/10 games, take your pick of which you want to use depending on who's in your squads. Obviously the formations don't have to be played in the listed sequence, as long as you rotate between the 10 line ups it doesn't matter.

Injuries and suspensions will hurt you though, and there are a few spare appearance points in each, I'd recommend giving them to any of your seniors as an insurance against injuries etc. There is some flexibility in formations you can use as it depends on the players you have. I won't include the goalkeepers as that's a no brainer.

Now you can be free to get on with the game again, I'm too good to you lot.

3-5-2 Type Teams (no full backs just 5 CBs);

5 Centre Backs

First Choice CB No 1

Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 2

Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Sub = 7/10

First Choice CB No 3

Yes - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 4

No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 5

No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub = 7/10

2 Central Midfielders

First Choice CM No 1

Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CM No 2

No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - Sub = 7/10

6 Attacking Midfielders/Wingers

First Choice AM/W No 1

Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - No = 7/10

First Choice AM/W No 2

Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes = 7/10

First Choice AM/W No 3

Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Sub - No - Yes - Yes = 7/10

First Choice AM/W No 4

Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes = 7/10

First Choice AM/W No 5

Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No = 7/10

First Choice AM/W No 6

Sub - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes = 7/10

3 Forwards

First Choice CF No 1

Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No = 7/10

First Choice CF No 2

Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CF No 3

Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - No = 7/10

4-4-2 Type Teams (more flexible, includes 2 fullbacks)

1 Left Back

First Choice LB

Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No = 7/10

1 Right Back

First Choice RB

Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - No = 7/10

4 Centre Backs

First Choice CB No 1

Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Yes - No = 7/10

First Choice CB No 2

Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 3

Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CB No 4

No - Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes = 7/10

3 Central Midfielders

First Choice CM No 1

Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - No - Sub - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CM No 2

Sub - Yes - No - Sub - Yes - Sub - Sub - Yes - Yes - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CM No 3

No - Yes - Yes - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Sub - Sub = 7/10

4 Attacking Midfield/Wingers

First Choice AM/W No 1

Yes - Sub - No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes - Yes - Yes - No = 7/10

First Choice AM/W No 2

Yes - No - Sub - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes = 7/10

First Choice AM/W No 3

Sub - Sub - Yes - No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Yes - Yes = 7/10

First Choice AM/W No 4

No - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Yes - Sub - Yes = 7/10

3 Forwards

First Choice CF No 1

Yes - Sub - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Sub - Yes - No - Yes = 7/10

First Choice CF No 2

Yes - Yes - Yes - Yes - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes - No = 7/10

First Choice CF No 3

No - Yes - No - Yes - No - Yes - Yes - Yes - Yes - Yes = 7/10

In both cases just fill up the squads with unplaying squad men.

PHEW!!!!!!!

Good post smelly, but so many flaws

firstly as an experienced manager i wish to choose from many formations, being limited with your exanple horrifies me tbh, having 1 rb and 1 lb in my club aswell as only 5 cb's for a 3 defense results in even 1 injury and 1 suspension leading to 3 fit cb's playing one day and the next day in champs league or cup i must play 3 88'cbs, the idea is that every 2nd string on everygameworld is rated 88, so regardless of your management abilities player scouting wheeling and dealing in the market it's irrelivent as 88 is your 2nd team, is everyones 2nd team.

infact a sqaud cap of 17 that people are talking about for 89+ is obsurd & tbh i don't want to enter into such a debate.

your post is rellivent however to the current structures so good on that, however i don't have the desire to play SM like this, my choice of course if i'm worse off for it then so be it.. but going to such trouble while sorting out inj and sus. aswella s formation changes and rating and posistion changes is just too much.

firstly as an experienced manager i wish to choose from many formations' date=' being limited with your exanple horrifies me tbh, [/quote']

I agree, I didn't like to have to do it this way either, but it was a necessary evil to keep the core of my teams together. I now find that I am limited with tactics and formation even with this system, but with a bit of good luck on the injury front it will allow me keep 17 top players of my choosing.

You can have as many other players as you want, as long as you are prepared to keep moving them on and bringing in new ones to plug the gaps during the season. This is just to be able to keep 17 of your very best players happy (hopefully).

But ultimately I have to say that the concerns sytem' date=' although it definitely is flawed, adds a sense of realism to SM.

[/quote']

You really have no idea what U are talking about.

none of us are AGAINST CONCERNS. We are against all the bugs that make CONCERN system as far from realistic as possible.

There has been a list that covered MAJOR issues and that list should be followed up.

If Sakho gets to play 25 almost conecutive games in barca then he has NO REASON to complain about game time and that is realistic. Why would you count his previous 18 games that he was injured ? or other 5 when he was under 70% match fit ? and why would he complain if he gets 50% less time then Puyol ?

In real world those things DO NOT HAPPEN.

Offcourse U can find an example or 2 but all in all this rule was made to cut down squad sizes to an "acceptable" level and by doing that this game has become MANAGER OF SOCCER PLAYERS CONCERNS and no longer SOCCERMANAGER becouse U can no longer play who you want and when U want. U just have to follow some stupid system to try to make players happy.

Is it my fawlt that barca has 19 89+ players that all want to play ? If we are talking about sticking strictly to real players and playing teams with them then transfer market should be deleted and U should get Modric the minute Mourinho bought him...

none of us are AGAINST CONCERNS. We are against all the bugs that make CONCERN system as far from realistic as possible.

There has been a list that covered MAJOR issues and that list should be followed up.

That's the trouble with this thread, people come on here with half-baked opinions without having spent any time reviewing what has been said previously.

Many managers in the real world' date=' have to deal with players who become unhappy and want to leave overnight.

[/quote']

This is true, but this is a game and is meant to be 'fun' and not a constant battle, which it is turning into.

I don't want to have to log in and think "I'm not looking forward to logging in to SM tonight, I wonder who's concerns will reach critical point next!" I just want to have a bit of fun trying out different players and different formations in a football game and live the dream of managing my team in the Champs League etc.

If Sakho gets to play 25 almost conecutive games in barca then he has NO REASON to complain about game time and that is realistic. Why would you count his previous 18 games that he was injured ? or other 5 when he was under 70% match fit ? and why would he complain if he gets 50% less time then Puyol ?

In real world those things DO NOT HAPPEN.

Offcourse U can find an example or 2 but all in all this rule was made to cut down squad sizes to an "acceptable" level and by doing that this game has become MANAGER OF SOCCER PLAYERS CONCERNS and no longer SOCCERMANAGER becouse U can no longer play who you want and when U want. U just have to follow some stupid system to try to make players happy.

Is it my fawlt that barca has 19 89+ players that all want to play ? If we are talking about sticking strictly to real players and playing teams with them then transfer market should be deleted and U should get Modric the minute Mourinho bought him...

Players get pissy all the time FOR NOTHING

That's the life of a football manager.

Annoying isn't it?

That's the trouble with this thread' date=' people come on here with half-baked opinions without having spent any time reviewing what has been said previously.[/quote']

The trouble with this, and many other threads, is people who get stuck up their own a*rse when an alternative opinion is offered.

The trouble with this' date=' and many other threads, is people who get stuck up their own a*rse when an alternative opinion is offered.[/quote']

The trouble with this post is that it doesn't address the issue, namely: Opening your trap without thinking first.

Of course I must be a troll for having an opinion and defending it when challenged.

No you're a troll for suddenly showing up on this thread, not taking any account of the ongoing debate but persisting in making inflammatory remarks. If you act like a troll then don't be surprised when you get called out on it.

No you're a troll for suddenly showing up on this thread' date=' not taking any account of the ongoing debate but persisting in making inflammatory remarks. If you act like a troll then don't be surprised when you get called out on it.[/quote']

My boy.

I will not be dictated to on how I choose to respond and reply.

The comment I made on this subject of Player Concerns, are my views.

And I stand by them.

I have read the thread.

I understand exactly where people are coming from, and many varied points have been made.

I take them all into account.

If you disagree, then so be it.

The word "troll" is overused and meaningless.

Opinions are like arseh*les.. Everybody's got one.