Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

My boy.

I will not be dictated to on how I choose to respond and reply.

The comment I made on this subject of Player Concerns' date=' are my views.

And I stand by them.

I have read the thread.

I understand exactly where people are coming from, and many varied points have been made.

I take them all into account.

If you disagree, then so be it.

The word "troll" is overused and meaningless.

Opinions are like arseh*les.. Everybody's got one.[/quote']

Well.well, there's something you don't see every day: a troll on a high horse:D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Of course I must be a troll for having an opinion and defending it when challenged.[/Quote]

Don't worry Jose, Jimmy Mack and his "chums" attacked me for daring to have an opinion and debate concerns. It's as if they're right and everyone else is wrong because they have 10 million posts and 50 million reputation points!

They also get aggressive and very defensive in their posts as well. Only reason I can think of for this is due to them having a ludicrous squad with several quality players for each position, don't play majority of them, won't sell any of them and then complain when they start amassing concerns. Bla bla, whiners whine it's not fair that Neymar has requested a transfer as I bought hol wen he was 4 years old and knew he had talent then! It also doesn't matter if I have Messi, Aguero, Benzema, Rooney and Robaldo ahead of him as he's their replacement when they retire.

Think some of them need to change te record as its very repetitive and getting boring.

So don't worry Jose, you aren't the only one these people attack and I think that if we are trolls then we should invite these lovely people to come and visit us in Middle Earth one day.

...attacked me for daring to have an opinion and debate concerns.

I think everyone needs to simmer down and count to 3. I think everyone has a right to an opinion and they have a right to express it on this public forum. I don't agree with some things that some people say, but I do agree with other things, usually they have the seed of a good idea and usually have the best of intentions, so I'm willing to listen and debate.

I'm not taking sides, just trying to keep the peace.

:)

Don't worry Jose' date=' Jimmy Mack and his "chums" attacked me for daring to have an opinion and debate concerns. It's as if they're right and everyone else is wrong because they have 10 million posts and 50 million reputation points!

So don't worry Jose, you aren't the only one these people attack and I think that if we are trolls then we should invite these lovely people to come and visit us in Middle Earth one day.[/quote']

Thing is tho' we had you pegged as an SM 'plant' weeks ago. It would be great if you really did want to debate the issue but the reality is that you just want to make snide attacks on people that have a genuine concern about the direction that SM is going in. Maybe you should bugger off and take your mate with you.

I hear you mate but It's interesting how some of these people come out of the woodwork with' date=' seemingly, the only intention of undermining the thread.[/quote']

So because we are new to this thread, and dare to have an opinion that doesn't match with your own view. This is a huge problem.

So in other words, the SM Forum is more of a dictatorship or popularity contest, rather than an exchange of views, thoughts, opinions and debate?

So because we are new to this thread' date=' and dare to have an opinion that doesn't match with your own view. This is a huge problem.

So in other words, the SM Forum is more of a dictatorship or popularity contest, rather than an exchange of views, thoughts, opinions and debate?[/quote']

Jeez that was a quick response! That post was only up 30 seconds before I deleted it - yet you still found the time to get in a response:confused:

You need to get a life mate:D

Jeez that was a quick response! That post was only up 30 seconds before I deleted it - yet you still found the time to get in a response:confused:

You need to get a life mate:D

Well it's the modern age!

My laptop allows me to have several windows open at the same time so I can flick from one to another at my hearts content.

I have some actual work i'm doing online,

but I can also throw some time towards this debate as an when.

I think they call it "Multi-tasking".

Jose, jimmys problim is that when people make a strong valid argument on many different aspects how these changes effect the core of the game (In standrads) & the fact that you said something about having ronaldo benzema etc etc etc shows the ignorence jimmy is talking about when i think most people against these concerns would agree and have no reason to keep so many superstars, but this is not the issue.. jimmy s point is proven here.

What you & jimmy have just being upto happens :) ive done it a few times.. both yas just chill, if jose wants to repeat what others have said before (but because he has not studied the thread, he doesn't know this) then let him, it stands no ground as it has been responded to already.

As for getting angry with my 50million rep points & big ego, ya sorry about that but losing players i signed 4/5 years ago like i am/will be is something i'm entitled to get upset about, not that i am upset.

It's fair to say ive made the best attempt to not just say im losing these players but i make arguments against such introdroductions, not just for my own interests but hjow the game can be played over all be everyone.

Now go back & study the core of the issue here, infact don't bother just tell me in 1 sentence the issue heres ere..

like not being able to keep prospects

players getting unhappy even when playying alot for successull teams

the enjoyment of the game

the skill level on the game

the possibilty of gameworlds becoming more empty & "random/same level teams"

& i'm sure others.

if you read my last post you'd see i said it was easy for anyone to join a new world or join an existing world and create & challange good managers easily enough, so forcing MANAGERS TO SELL SUCH KEY FUTURE PROSPECTS is obsurd, it goes beyond what is or isient on my team, these concerns have a massive impact on the standard gameowrlds & how they opperate.

Like i DID SAY i could be wrong, but i can only look at it in its current state, and assume the future.. i think i did this perfectly well months ago when i started giving examples before the current concerns "improvements"

I don't know why jimmy said u had half-baked opinions, proberly after my recent posts posts like yours just look stupit as we've been hearing that alot over and over & to us it holds no ground to us & i'm not sure if you've posted in this thread previously etc

Everyone has an opinion (but half baked opinions look like half baked opinions unless an argument against what me or jimmy or whoever says is put forward) thats fine some poeple do that but not all, but when it comes down to the core of the issues simple opinions sometimes don't look good.

your opinion about having all top players like benxema ronaldo etc etc etc was a half baked opinion.

much love, shels. :P

Don't worry Jose' date=' Jimmy Mack and his "chums" attacked me for daring to have an opinion and debate concerns. It's as if they're right and everyone else is wrong because they have 10 million posts and 50 million reputation points!

They also get aggressive and very defensive in their posts as well. Only reason I can think of for this is due to them having a ludicrous squad with several quality players for each position, don't play majority of them, won't sell any of them and then complain when they start amassing concerns. Bla bla, whiners whine it's not fair that Neymar has requested a transfer as I bought hol wen he was 4 years old and knew he had talent then! It also doesn't matter if I have Messi, Aguero, Benzema, Rooney and Robaldo ahead of him as he's their replacement when they retire.

Think some of them need to change te record as its very repetitive and getting boring.

So don't worry Jose, you aren't the only one these people attack and I think that if we are trolls then we should invite these lovely people to come and visit us in Middle Earth one day.[/quote']

Just a thought here, maybe it's because claiming that these concerns only effect people with loads of high rated players.

Just a thought here' date=' maybe it's because claiming that these concerns only effect people with loads of high rated players.[/quote']

There is a wide spectrum of opinions on this with plenty sweeping generalizations on both sides.

Concerns do not only affect high rated players, however nor do they "force" anyone to sell someone as if they want to keep the player badly enough they can simply play them.

Also I wish folk would try and not panic as soon as they see a level 1 or 2 concern - look at your own real-life team and i'm sure most will have players the equivalent of 1 & 2 concerned.

There is a wide spectrum of opinions on this with plenty sweeping generalizations on both sides.

Concerns do not only affect high rated players' date=' however nor do they "force" anyone to sell someone as if they want to keep the player badly enough they can simply play them.

Also I wish folk would try and not panic as soon as they see a level 1 or 2 concern - look at your own real-life team and i'm sure most will have players the equivalent of 1 & 2 concerned.[/quote']

Is don't matter if you have 200 players or only 40 players,

in my napoli team whit only 35 players, a lot of youngh players in,just enough to play all game's and most of the time I must put in a 82 or 85 player in ,there I have 4 players whit concerns,although the play most of the time,don't play then less than 90%.

in a porto team whit 70 players, and a lot more high talent ,have 0 players whit concerns.

in a bayer muchen team whit 65 players 10 from 90+ players, and 4 from 90's,4 from 89's and the others are 87 to 75..have all these 10 90+ players whit concerns although the play every single game even if the are injuried and not NWF..the past season i have take over that team whit 12 players whit concerns...bring it back to the div1, on the ens of the season 0 players whit concerns ..the new season start second game..back 10 players whit concerns ,the same als before, have sold 2 players from..and the still go up.:confused:

in my barca team have 2 players whit concerns a orginal one, only bring it hulk,moutinho, bale..sold adidol,keita,affelay...fabregas and pique played the most of all my players this season and the past season..have concerns!

in my others team's from porto and city have about 2 to 5 players whit concerns, all these players have there concerns after a injuried from weeks! not for be playing time, the play more than enough don't have others 90 or 90+ than the orginal.only sold one to get a other in, + buy yough talent's from 75 to 88 the play als sub's, not fit from the others of injuried so no concerns any more whit these guy's.

there is no rhythm, some players will play almost all the games and still go up another of the same value are not yet playing half and are happy ..

some younger players are happy with their postie of invader, like other then won't playing all races,of a lot more game's from the same value and age.

other younger players from 80 to 85 ask questions to play a few games where weather than others from 87/88 ask to play No games .

you understand it all yet.'m not anymore.:confused:

Very true, but if the game came out and gave us clear guidelines there would be no confusion. I know this point is kind of obvious and has been made in various ways on many previous occasions but I believe that if we stop saying it then SM will assume we are all ok with it now, also we need to carry the baton and pass it on to the next generation of moaners to keep up the fight!

;)

Concerns do not only affect high rated players' date=' [b']however nor do they "force" anyone to sell someone as if they want to keep the player badly enough they can simply play them.[/b]

Also I wish folk would try and not panic as soon as they see a level 1 or 2 concern - look at your own real-life team and i'm sure most will have players the equivalent of 1 & 2 concerned.

Of course your 'forced' into selling, it'd be ludicrous to believe otherwise, you can only

"simply play"
so many of them, you are forced to trim your squad to a 'core' of 17 or 18 decent players. To say you aren't forced into selling is therefore wrong, the only choice you have is who to sell.

Its getting kind of ridicoulous right now...

In a team i manage in 25 games i have played (included cups) i have Bedimo LB who just got concerned for lack of playetime while he has played like 15 games (6 as sub) out of 25 and my main LB is Alba, so i dont see how Bedimo can get concerned, he has played more than enough for a Sub to be sure to keep his Ego on place, yet he still develops concerns, i cant just let Bedimo play and put alba on the bench, because then the same thing will happen to Alba.

I mean this is just stupid, even if Bedimo has played more than an average sub for a single spot plays, he still got concerns... I mean i rotate and stuff, but whats the point of rotating if the players still get concerns...

I mean this is just stupid' date=' even if Bedimo has played more than an average sub for a single spot plays, he still got concerns... I mean i rotate and stuff, but [b']whats the point of rotating if the players still get concerns[/b]...

Well if a starter demands 70 to 75% of all( with few exceptions) games (even while injured it seems) played then it leaves 25-30% for the rest of the subs-results concerns galore.

Well if a starter demands 70 to 75% of all( with few exceptions) games (even while injured it seems) played then it leaves 25-30% for the rest of the subs-results concerns galore.

yea, i guess, but still its ridiculous that even the subs seem to demand the same playtime the regular players have. How can Bedimo demand 70% of the games when i have Alba who is the very same position as bedimo but 2 ratings higher... The Concern system should take this in consideration...

As i said, i have played Bedimo in 15 out of 25 games, with 6 games coming in as a sub, that would be around 60% of all games so how can a sub get concerns if it has played so much? I agree if a sub asks to play at least 30% of the games, but asking to play as much as a regular is just ridiculous.

This will definetly bring me hard choices to make i nthe future, selling players that i might actually need. Atm i have a team with 19 players who are 86 and above, and i rotate them, i sub them etc. I do my best to give everyone the playtime they 'deserve', but player concerns keep asking me to give them plyatime i just cant afford to give them, because giving them more playtime means also taking that playtime from someone else, and all this will eventually and definetly bring concerns to the team... i cant just have 11 regulars over 89 and the rest under 80 youngsters...

Its getting kind of ridicoulous right now...

In a team i manage in 25 games i have played (included cups) i have Bedimo LB who just got concerned for lack of playetime while he has played like 15 games (6 as sub) out of 25 and my main LB is Alba

Bedimo is I believe an 88 rater and 28, that is probably the problem. He (in the eyes of the game) feels he should be first choice somewhere. If you have a choice between keeping him or Alba happy you don't need me to tell you which one you should play and which you should replace.

It's a harsh fact of SM life for us all, we can no longer have 2 89-90 raters for every position. I used to do it and I did well with it, but we will I'm afraid have to learn to adapt or die as things stand.

:)

yea' date=' i guess, but still its ridiculous that even the subs seem to demand the same playtime the regular players have. How can Bedimo demand 70% of the games when i have Alba who is the very same position as bedimo but 2 ratings higher... The Concern system should take this in consideration...

As i said, i have played Bedimo in 15 out of 25 games, with 6 games coming in as a sub, that would be around 60% of all games so how can a sub get concerns if it has played so much? I agree if a sub asks to play at least 30% of the games, but asking to play as much as a regular is just ridiculous.

This will definetly bring me hard choices to make i nthe future, selling players that i might actually need. Atm i have a team with 19 players who are 86 and above, and i rotate them, i sub them etc. I do my best to give everyone the playtime they 'deserve', but player concerns keep asking me to give them plyatime i just cant afford to give them, because giving them more playtime means also taking that playtime from someone else, and all this will eventually and definetly bring concerns to the team... i cant just have 11 regulars over 89 and the rest under 80 youngsters...[/quote']

yeah it's pretty silly as the concern system seems to be pretty simplistic..

Where's Tebthereb with the response?

yeah it's pretty silly as the concern system seems to be pretty simplistic..

It is a simplistic system and they are often the best, I just don't think this one is the best way to do things.

(Hang on while I find my soapbox...ah there it is). If they said no team could have more than 11 90 raters and 11 other (any other) sub 90 raters making a maximum squad of 22 players they could solve the super squad situation and be able to ditch the concern rules altogether. I'm not talking about youth players, but maybe a limit of say another 20-30 on those also.

It's too late for a major change now of course so the concerns are here to stay I think.

It is a simplistic system and they are often the best' date=' I just don't think this one is the best way to do things.

(Hang on while I find my soapbox...ah there it is). If they said no team could have more than 11 90 raters and 11 other (any other) sub 90 raters making a maximum squad of 22 players they could solve the super squad situation and be able to ditch the concern rules altogether. I'm not talking about youth players, but maybe a limit of say another 20-30 on those also.

It's too late for a major change now of course so the concerns are here to stay I think.[/quote']

Often they are-unfortunately the parameters used are theoretical in other words the persons who developed the code seems to have never played the game or studied it -just started out with a goal in mind and found the easiest way to do it.

I hope it's here to stay with tweaks. BTW do they beta test these things first in a gameworld?

Now every team in my gameworld gets lack of games concern. I think the only way is to buy potential risers and keep them until they are good enough to play,and being forced to sell these players to other teams. After that.to look for potential risers to buy and repeats the same process. Maybe it is the SM's decision to tweak the concern and fixed the loop holes and ensures that all clubs have about the same number of very good players and sub standard players to play all the useless matches. Unles SM proves us wrong, by switching back to the old concern system, and to bring in a squad cap of 25 first teams players and the rest filled with unlimited youth players under the age of 21. How many agrees to my comment?:confused:

Now every team in my gameworld gets lack of games concern. I think the only way is to buy potential risers and keep them until they are good enough to play' date='and being forced to sell these players to other teams. After that.to look for potential risers to buy and repeats the same process. Maybe it is the SM's decision to tweak the concern and fixed the loop holes and ensures that all clubs have about the same number of very good players and sub standard players to play all the useless matches. Unles SM proves us wrong, by switching back to the old concern system, and to bring in a squad cap of 25 first teams players and the rest filled with unlimited youth players under the age of 21. How many agrees to my comment?:confused:[/quote']

well the concerns were an alternative to the squad cap-but it's along the right path.:)