Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Getting annoyed with player concerns.

Just had another 8 arrive into my side.

Have players like Wilshere' date=' who is my 11th best rated CM unhappy with a lack of games.[/quote']

Well, i think that if you have 10 better CM's WIlshere gets rightfully concerned, as the concern system is made so poeple wont jut stack all the possible good players.

YOu cant really complain about wilshere.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Well' date=' i think that if you have 10 better CM's WIlshere gets rightfully concerned, as the concern system is made so poeple wont jut stack all the possible good players.

YOu cant really complain about wilshere.[/quote']

I disagree.

I signed Wilshere in a deal which saw me swap Elia for Muniain and Wilshere and he has never been anywhere near my side. He plays cup games or is loaned out. No-one buys players in my set-up and majority of my players are in the 75-95 category in the centre of midfield. Obviously, I have 10 better CM players than Wilshere, but there's nowhere else for him to go unless I were to sell him for c/v.

I have 3 CM's concerned, Goetze, Wilshere and Ganso. Having to drop Silva, Fabregas and Oezil. Then have another 7 CM's benched. Haha. Rotation system goes out the window with concerns. As I tend to do.

Does the game differentiate between an 89 rated players requirements for games and a 99 rated player? Courtois seemed to rise in concerns as quickly as any of my +90 rated players....

The system is flawed whilst it works on % of games per season and not per review period and whilst players expect to play games when their fitness is low and they are actually banned or injured.

Does the game differentiate between an 89 rated players requirements for games and a 99 rated player? Courtois seemed to rise in concerns as quickly as any of my +90 rated players....

The system is flawed whilst it works on % of games per season and not per review period and whilst players expect to play games when their fitness is low and they are actually banned or injured.

I'm not sure (is anyone sure about anything concern related?) but I would say that no they don't, as I would assume that once a player reaches about 89 skill and upwards they will expect to play the maximum (70-75%) number of games.

It is ridiculous that a player who's playing regular now is still moaning about lack of games last season, they have to sort that one as it's laughably wrong.

I have 3 CM's concerned' date=' Goetze, Wilshere and Ganso. Having to drop Silva, Fabregas and Oezil. Then have another 7 CM's benched. Haha. Rotation system goes out the window with concerns. As I tend to do.[/quote']

I have to agree with Max on this one, so many top players in one side is excessive and they have every right to get concerned. The days of just signing everyone in site are long gone my friend.

Put yourself in their position, if you were that good (Wilshire is a good player) and you were that far down the pecking order at your club wouldn't you be unhappy? Be honest now.

:)

I hope it's here to stay with tweaks. BTW do they beta test these things first in a gameworld?

Anyone with half a brain would, but this is SM we are talking about so maybe not. I have kind of come around to being grudgingly in favour of keeping player concerns but with some fairly big reservations, I won't list them, everyone knows what they are by now.

bring in a squad cap of 25 first teams players and the rest filled with unlimited youth players under the age of 21. How many agrees to my comment?:confused:

I think the squad cap boat has sailed now I'm afraid, that was my favoured solution either that or a salary cap.

I think we have to try and polish up the player concern way of doing things now. Concerns can still be saved as an idea and still do its job while not peeing off the managers, so we still have some hope.

I have to agree with Max on this one' date=' so many top players in one side is excessive and they have every right to get concerned. The days of just signing everyone in site are long gone my friend.

Put yourself in their position, if you were that good (Wilshire is a good player) and you were that far down the pecking order at your club wouldn't you be unhappy? Be honest now.

:)[/quote']

I have to disagree here, this is a game and Wilshere is a number ( '35327' to be precise) the game Wilshere doesn't realise he's a great talent for the future in real life, he's just another 89 rated player, playing in a midfield packed with 90+ rated players

I have to disagree here' date=' this is a game and Wilshere is a number ( to be precise) the game Wilshere doesn't realise he's a great talent for the future in real life, he's just another 89 rated player, playing in a midfield packed with 90+ rated players[/quote']

No team should be allowed to have that many top quality players not playing regularly, even though it is a game it tries in some ways to mimic to the best of its ability real life, that's what the concerns are here to do whether we like it or not. It simply isn't realistic in any way for 1 club to have that many top players and expect them all to be like robots who are only taken out of their boxes and switched on when required.

It sucks a lot of the fun out of the game for other players if they see that one or two squads are packed full of the best players and only a few of them play while the rest just sit there all season long.

I'd be happy to let this situation happen if for example all players who didn't feature in at least 50% of the previous 10 games had a buy out clause in their contracts of say double their market value so I could come along and offer this money to the chairman (not the manager - who would just ignore it) and it would be an automatic done deal. With this in place I'd say we wouldn't need concerns.

Mirko Vucinic

Played 12 on 22 match

Player Concern status: 1

Man, seriously. Are you kidding?

If I have to do turnover because the condition recovery every 3 match, I can't make him play still every match

Or lower the loss of condition, or this system will need to delete immediately

No team should be allowed to have that many top quality players not playing regularly' date=' even though it is a game it tries in some ways to mimic to the best of its ability real life, that's what the concerns are here to do whether we like it or not. It simply isn't realistic in any way for 1 club to have that many top players and expect them all to be like robots who are only taken out of their boxes and switched on when required.

It sucks a lot of the fun out of the game for other players if they see that one or two squads are packed full of the best players and only a few of them play while the rest just sit there all season long.

I'd be happy to let this situation happen if for example all players who didn't feature in at least 50% of the previous 10 games had a buy out clause in their contracts of say double their market value so I could come along and offer this money to the chairman (not the manager - who would just ignore it) and it would be an automatic done deal. With this in place I'd say we wouldn't need concerns.[/quote']

Thing is, to the game there not top quality players, their just numbers, numbers that correspond to data, data that is used by the match engine to work out results. The problem with concerns is that they don't mimic real life in anyway possible, they are to rigid, to strict and considering this is a game they are sucking the fun out of it.

I don't buy the whole 'it's no fun for new managers' I think managers that can't stick it out in a gameworld despite a lot of talents being taken are just lazy and want everything given to them on a silver platter. Besides for the fact there are something like 60,000 odd gameworlds (probably more), if you don't like one world find another, simple.

I don't think it would work, too easy to manipulate (would make it easier for cheats), and doesn't allow for protection of youth players, players whom your waiting for to hit the high ratings

Re Wilshere - I can understand that, considering he is 11th choice CM.

I'm one of the people that say Concerns need addressing, but, 11th choice? How would this ever happen IRL?

As far as concerns go, Since I've dropped all my first teams to around 22, I haven't had any new concerns or any developments to the existing ones.

Re Wilshere - I can understand that' date=' considering he is [b']11th choice CM[/b].

I'm one of the people that say Concerns need addressing, but, 11th choice? How would this ever happen IRL?

As far as concerns go, Since I've dropped all my first teams to around 22, I haven't had any new concerns or any developments to the existing ones.

He's not the 11th choice CM, the guy just counts all midfielders that play in the middle as CM, he counts Fabregas, Silva, Gotze and Ozil as CM when they are AM's or Wings, so obviously it'd be closer to 3/4 CM's and DM's, 3/4 AM's and 3/4 Wings, if that's the case Wilshere will get concerns due to importance (possibly 3/4 most important CM)

Thing is' date=' to the game there not top quality players, their just numbers, numbers that correspond to data, data that is used by the match engine to work out results.[/quote']

I have a little theory that the players playing requirements rise when they become more popular in real life. As all the players stats are linked to soccerwiki, where people can edit data and give thumbs up/down on how much they like a player.

I have 3 players who upto May was quite happy at being in a squad player, with 25 games a season, more if i did well in a cup. At the start of this season all that was different, after 10 games, with them 3 taking part in 6/7 of them, concerns developed which surprised me.

The only thing which has changed is that the 3 players profiles in RL has rised, the players in question are Kagawa, kroos and alba.

These players would of been getting alot of votes since May on soccerwiki, with Kagawa going to Man Utd, Alba to Barcelona and Kroos standing out in the Euro's. i think that the votes plays a part in when a player decides he should be playing more regular, as his RL profile has rised.

As i say it's only a theory and might be blown apart by people who know the system better than i. I just think it's werid how alot of player concerns only come from players who are performing good in real life, profile rising. As i have a number of players who are 89/90 and got no concerns and the only big difference is their clubs are near the bottom of their divisons.

I have a little theory that the players playing requirements rise when they become more popular in real life. As all the players stats are linked to soccerwiki' date=' where people can edit data and give thumbs up/down on how much they like a player.

[/quote']

Interesting, I don't use SoccerWiki so I can't confirm or deny this. If it is true (and I can see the way it could be) then it's a bit daft as it turns the game into a version of X-Factor or Big Brother with the most 'popular' players getting concerns and the not so popular ones not getting concerns. Does anyone remember Deadwood, oh sorry Jedwood?

It sounds like the sort of half-arsed, quick and easy solution that SM would use the more I think about it. :rolleyes:

Mirko Vucinic

Played 12 on 22 match

Player Concern status: 1

Man' date=' seriously. Are you kidding?

[/quote']

I can't see the problem here, 12/22 = 55%. I know it's hard to accept but the goal posts have been moved for us all (unless concerns are turned off that is) and we can no longer play the game we used to. We can't now have 2 89-90 rated players for every position and we have to give our top rated players 70-75% game time or else they will moan.

Also we have to be prepared to buy-sell-buy 'backup' players from season to season to cover the ones who want 70-75% game time, it might not be popular but that's the reality right now.

The game is trying to bring a bit of reality into the game by getting managers to have more reasonable sized squads and make things more 'interesting' for new managers.

He's not the 11th choice CM' date=' the guy just counts all midfielders that play in the middle as CM[/quote']

I still say Wilshire has every right to want out, as he's good enough to play in a top team in the game and in real life. I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he is a pretty good international class midfielder.

It is just a game and the 'players' aren't real people with real feelings and emotions but with the game going the way that it is (concerns = SM version of reality) then surely you can see that he wants to play at some club. The game is evolving and we need to evolve with it.

Andres Iniesta

Damaged knee cartilage 1 Aug 2012- 2 Sep 2012 4 weeks 4 days

Fractured collarbone 7 Dec 2011 - 13 Jan 2012 5 weeks 2 days

Dead leg 19 Feb 2011 24 Feb 2011 5 days

Played 13 (0 sub ) out of 35 2 RC Level 4 concern and he is still injured..

Keita played 29 out of 35 Level 3 concerned

Villa played 30 out of 35 no concern

WHERE IS THE LOGIC ???

I don't think it would work' date=' too easy to manipulate (would make it easier for cheats), and doesn't allow for protection of youth players, players whom your waiting for to hit the high ratings[/quote']

I'm not saying it's my preferred option or anything, but it would help keep things more alive and less stale in game worlds, play em or risk losing em would maybe wake up the managers who don't put too much effort in, this would only be applicable to top players, the 88+ boys who would play in most teams in real life. How would it be cheating? If a manager signs a player and then doesn't play him then why shouldn't someone take them and play them or risk the same thing happening to them?

I'm with you on the 'let's not pander to the newbies' front, but I'm just trying to see it from the games point of view. I assume there was something like the following conversation at SM HQ;

SM Boss - "Why are all the new players not joining existing game worlds?"

SM Lacky - "They can't get good teams or players master"

SM Boss - "We don't want to lose them, kick the existing players into life a bit, that might save us from having to keep creating new game worlds."

SM Lacky - "Er, how about we force the existing managers to sell loads of their top players they are hoarding to make things more attractive to newbies, oh great one"

SM Boss - "Brill, let's do it. And while you're at it bring me a goat and the blood of a blond virgin."

I'm not saying it's my preferred option or anything' date=' but it would help keep things more alive and less stale in game worlds, play em or risk losing em would maybe wake up the managers who don't put too much effort in, this would only be applicable to top players, the 88+ boys who would play in most teams in real life. How would it be cheating? If a manager signs a player and then doesn't play him then why shouldn't someone take them and play them or risk the same thing happening to them?

I'm with you on the 'let's not pander to the newbies' front, but I'm just trying to see it from the games point of view. I assume there was something like the following conversation at SM HQ;

[b']SM Boss[/b] - "Why are all the new players not joining existing game worlds?"

SM Lacky - "They can't get good teams or players master"

SM Boss - "We don't want to lose them, kick the existing players into life a bit, that might save us from having to keep creating new game worlds."

SM Lacky - "Er, how about we force the existing managers to sell loads of their top players they are hoarding to make things more attractive to newbies, oh great one"

SM Boss - "Brill, let's do it. And while you're at it bring me a goat and the blood of a blond virgin."

I'm not indicating that the idea would be cheating but that it would make it easier for cheats, imagine some guy has team A and wants team B's players, he gets his second account into team B but since the SMFA blocks deals fairly easily team B just doesn't play their best players Team A comes in and buys them for a decent price, chairman accepts and Team B manager is clear of wrong doing, and vice versa with Team A not playing his deadwood and having team B buy them for a great price, it takes away the managers prerogative but also his accountability.

I still say Wilshire has every right to want out' date=' as he's good enough to play in a top team in the game and in real life. I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he is a pretty good international class midfielder.

It is just a game and the 'players' aren't real people with real feelings and emotions but with the game going the way that it is (concerns = SM version of reality) then surely you can see that he wants to play at some club. The game is evolving and we need to evolve with it.[/quote']

You've got the wrong idea, your thinking of Wilshere as 'Wilshere' (the awesome future talent) but in SM he is only a number, a number linked to data. He is no different to Quaresma, Eriksen, Ibagaza or Benayoun (all 89 rated players) he doesn't have the right to play for a top team any more then any other 89 rated player does.

I'm not indicating that the idea would be cheating but that it would make it easier for cheats

If someone is that desperate to cheat and buy players then good luck to em. I'm sure a compromise system could be implemented to make things tough for players like that.

Not sure how it's possible to stop these people if they exist. I'm not saying you're making it up but if you know for a fact it's going on then tell SM.

You've got the wrong idea' date=' your thinking of Wilshere as 'Wilshere' (the awesome future talent) but in SM he is only a number, a number linked to data. He is no different to Quaresma, Eriksen, Ibagaza or Benayoun (all 89 rated players) he doesn't have the right to play for a top team any more then any other 89 rated player does.[/quote']

I think you've got the wrong idea to be honest. The game is moving away from a simple game of buy everyone and anyone 89 skill points and above and hang on to them forever type of game to a more (in its eyes at least) realistic, real world situation where most top clubs have about 15-20 top players and the rest squad men.

I know one or two real world clubs, Real, Barca, Man City have big squads with a few good players happy to play the odd cup game and the rest of the time is spent spending their massive wages but 95% of real world clubs aren't like that.

The game can't say that if you are lucky enough to get Real Madrid or Barca etc you can have as many players as you want and they will all be happy no matter what or how good they are simply because you are Barca etc, then you really would only have 2 or 3 managers in each game world. It can't be one law for one and another for the rest.

All 89 rated players have a right to play first team football, no matter who they are or how old they are. A player's skill point rating doesn't represent how many keepy-uppys he can do it represents his standing in the game, when you reach 88 out of a possible 100 then you are good enough to expect to play first team football in any team.

Fair enough we disagree, I'm not looking for a fight over this one.

:)

Andres Iniesta

Damaged knee cartilage 1 Aug 2012- 2 Sep 2012 4 weeks 4 days

Fractured collarbone 7 Dec 2011 - 13 Jan 2012 5 weeks 2 days

Dead leg 19 Feb 2011 24 Feb 2011 5 days

Played 13 (0 sub ) out of 35 2 RC Level 4 concern and he is still injured..

Keita played 29 out of 35 Level 3 concerned

Villa played 30 out of 35 no concern

WHERE IS THE LOGIC ???

I can't argue with you on that one, it is crazy and needs fixing. Thing is that when/if SM get around to fixing this bug a lot of managers will of lost a lot of players to concerns, not sure how they get over that one.

The problem is not just that Wilshire and all the other 89 or above rated players want to play 75%, no matter how many better players are in the team.

In those gameworlds where the concerns are hitting (still don't know why it happens just in some of them) I see that every backup becomes concerned. I have loads of examples. As every team in the world in real life, I keep 2 players per role for cups, injuries etc. and now my backups are unhappy regardless of their rating. It could be Neymar 90, being the backup for Messi 99, but even Zambrano 85 behind Subotic 91 is unhappy, or Willems 84 behind Pieters 88. If you are in Division 3, you will have 80 rated players unhappy.

And I'm 100% sure that a new customer/manager wouldn't enjoy this new system that allows you only 11 players, either.