Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

lts just make this clear, it is right if your 1st choice subs get concerned if they dont get any playtime, but if they do get more than like 20 to 30% (even as subs) of the total games played, thats when we should start moaning if they get concerned, as irl players know their place in the team.

Also if you have like 7-8 CM's all rated between 89 and 95 (for example) it is also right that the 89's get concerned if they dont play any games, you cant just expect all your 88/89/90s to not get concerned because you have 92-93 and higher rated players above them.

Player concerns system was made (at least initially) to make sure that players that surpass a certain rating, get the playtime suited for their rating.

If a 90 rated player plays 3 games per season at Barcelona, he gets rightfully concerned, as this same player would be a regular (or would play a decent amount of games) in at least 95% of the other teams. This is what the system should count.

But i do also agree that now the system has become just too rigid, asking numbers and percentages that its just hardly doable, i mean even if you rotate as much as you can, you will eventually get concerns now, and this is just way more unrealistic than it was before.

Player concerns fundamentally are a good thing, but so far they have been managed really awfully by SM.

I have spoken a little with SM on concerns and there are plans to update the Online Help article' date=' which I think is good news if not the sweeping changes that some want. SM indicated they will direct people to the article once it has been done but I have no definite timescale.

If anyone has any questions they would like answering [u'](that are not covered by the Online Help already[/u]) or feel there are areas that need clarifying then please feel free to bullet point them here or in a PM to me and I will put these forward as items that need including. This is not an offer from me (or SM) to investigate individual cases/bugs/etc. It is just me trying to collate questions that are unanswered, and hoping that SM will address them. I am not going to forward questions that quiz SM on why they have made once change or another.

I have said to SM that people are concerned about the speed of reviews, and the players that are picking up concerns despite playing X amount of games. I am told that all that has been changed lately is:

1) a change in the frequency of reviews; these are generally now three times a season but not at fixed times which is why some people see 4 weeks and other people 6 weeks etc.

2) tweaks to the percentages of games required, notably for 90+ rated players. I have asked SM to provide more guidance on what percentages players require and how the "best" players are determined for this purpose, etc.

Please don't hyperanalyse the above it is not intended to be gospel or comprehensive and I am just paraphrasing a conversation with SM in the hope it answers some questions.

Finally, I am aware that there has been a bug whereby some players going out on loan have seen changes in their Lack of Game concern. SM have indicated this should not be happening as a loan is meant to freeze concerns about Lack of Games.

I think it unlikely that any fundamentals have/will change. I have asked SM if they will consider making % of games played (and perhaps required) more transparent but this is by no means meant as an indication that they will because at the time of writing I don't know their opinion on this.

Bumped...................

The problem is not just that Wilshire and all the other 89 or above rated players want to play 75%' date=' no matter how many better players are in the team.[/quote']

It doesn't matter who is ahead of a player in terms of skill points, it's fundamentally that all 89+ skill point players want to play most games no matter what.

There may be a few real world clubs where this doesn't happen but they are the exception, as a rule all established players want to play and if they don't they will want out.

As every team in the world in real life' date=' I keep 2 players per role for cups, injuries etc. and now my backups are unhappy regardless of their rating. [/quote']

Yes, you need back ups for cup games etc but the problem is I think that people are still in the mindset of the 'old ways' of having 2 88/90 rated players for each position, this boat don't float anymore. The way I see it is that you can have your best 11 and perhaps another 5 or 6 to rotate around to keep the standards high, but the rest need to be 84-86 rated young players who are willing to wait their turn (mine are so far), or any other rated players who you are willing to sell on and replace each season as they will only play when injuries occur to the 16/17 who you rotate around to give each 70-75% game time.

And I'm 100% sure that a new customer/manager wouldn't enjoy this new system that allows you only 11 players' date=' either.[/quote']

You are right, but we are in a situation here were established managers are hanging on to the likes of Alba and Neymar and not playing them but refusing to sell and then getting all angry about the fact that the game is wanting them to be playing at some club if not theirs. It's as much of a problem as only being allowed to for example only have 11 90+ rated players (that wasn't a cast in stone figure, just a starting point for further debate).

Why do some players develop concerns while other similar rated players do not?

I would guess that it's for the same reason as why, when my players all sign new 5-year contracts at the start of a season, one player increases in morale by 2% and the other by 15%.

Or, why one 88 rated CF bangs in 30 goals in 38 games but my other 88 rated CF only scores 4 in 38.

Clearly for concerns, morale, and form there is a random element to who develops concerns, who gets a great boost from signing a new deal and who hits great form.

All of this randomness is SM attempting to (albeit crudely at times) replicate the fact that in real life players all have different personalities and behave in different ways.

Would it make sense if every player who signed a 5-year contract all increased morale by the same percentage?

Would it make sense if my two 88 rated CF's scored the exact same number of goals and performed equally well in every game?

It wouldn't, so why would it make sense if every player followed the same concern pattern?

They won't, which is why you might get one player happy with 25/38 games and another of the same rating who will need 32/38 to be happy.

As long as the variance isn't too great, I'm ok with there not being a fixed logic to it.

Interesting to see the replies to my Wilshere post.

He's my 5th highest rated outright CM.

Have a starting 11 of players now, all of concerns on level 1/2. Only found the likes of Wilshere and Szcesney to be ones that have picked my brain. Especially Szcesney, he's my 3rd highest rated GK, behind De Gea and Buffon.

Have a starting 11 of players now' date=' all of concerns on level 1/2. Only found the likes of Wilshere and Szcesney to be ones that have picked my brain. Especially Szcesney, he's my 3rd highest rated GK, behind De Gea and Buffon.[/quote']

Does age play a part?

why would it make sense if every player followed the same concern pattern?

There does appear to be some movement on who gets concerned which I assume is down to how good the rest of your players are compared to said player (ie where he is in the pecking order), but fundamentally all players of a certain rating, which may be as low as 85 up to about 88+ skill points should be playing pretty regular football I think.

Yes it's a crude system but it is getting a pulse out of some otherwise dead transfer markets, which has to be a good thing doesn't it?

This is why we need SM to give us the information ASAP.

Have a starting 11 of players now' date=' all of concerns on level 1/2. Only found the likes of Wilshere and Szcesney to be ones that have picked my brain. Especially Szcesney, he's my 3rd highest rated GK, behind De Gea and Buffon.[/quote']

Checked back and couldn't see so apologies if I've missed it, but how many games has Wilshere played for you recently?

Are you unhappy that he has developed a concern considering the amount of games he has played for you (based on SM guidelines 5th choice in theory shouldn't expect to play more than 10-20% of games)?

Or, are you unhappy that he has developed a concern because there are higher-rated players ahead of him and he should know his place, irrespective of how often he's played (even if it's zero games)?

The second scenario is what I feel has changed from the "old" system - it used to be that a players playing expectations were based on their rating compared to that of the best player at the club in that position, i.e. a 92 RB meant that a 89 RB didn't expect to play very much at all, whereas now it's based much more on the player's importance to the team and individual rating.

If your 1st choice RB is 92, 2nd choice 89, and 3rd choice 85 then under the old system the 92 would expect to play maybe 80%, the 2nd choice 20% and the 3rd choice hardly ever.

Now though I reckon the 1st choice expects 80%, the 2nd choice expects 40%, and the 3rd choice expects 20%.

It seems to have been tweaked so that the back-up's expect more time which then causes havoc as while people scramble to play 2nd choice more, 3rd choice doesn't get a look-in so develops a concern while 1st choice then gets hacked off at being rotated so develops a concern too, and before long all 3 RB's have a concern and this is when people panic.

The solution is: don't expect to keep all 3 concern-free as it can't be done indefinitely.

SM have probably done this on purpose so that no one club can retain the same set of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice players indefinitely.

I don't have a problem with this as it's very rare in real life for the same squad to be together season after season, especially when some of the squad aren't playing, as they get concerned and move on.

Checked back and couldn't see so apologies if I've missed it' date=' but how many games has Wilshere played for you recently?

Are you unhappy that he has developed a concern considering the amount of games he has played for you (based on SM guidelines 5th choice in theory shouldn't expect to play more than 10-20% of games)?

Or, are you unhappy that he has developed a concern because there are higher-rated players ahead of him and he should know his place, irrespective of how often he's played (even if it's zero games)?

The second scenario is what I feel has changed from the "old" system - it used to be that a players playing expectations were based on their rating compared to that of the best player at the club in that position, i.e. a 92 RB meant that a 89 RB didn't expect to play very much at all, whereas now it's based much more on the player's importance to the team and individual rating.

If your 1st choice RB is 92, 2nd choice 89, and 3rd choice 85 then under the old system the 92 would expect to play maybe 80%, the 2nd choice 20% and the 3rd choice hardly ever.

Now though I reckon the 1st choice expects 80%, the 2nd choice expects 40%, and the 3rd choice expects 20%.

It seems to have been tweaked so that the back-up's expect more time which then causes havoc as while people scramble to play 2nd choice more, 3rd choice doesn't get a look-in so develops a concern while 1st choice then gets hacked off at being rotated so develops a concern too, and before long all 3 RB's have a concern and this is when people panic.

The solution is: [b']don't expect to keep all 3 concern-free as it can't be done indefinitely.[/b]

SM have probably done this on purpose so that no one club can retain the same set of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice players indefinitely.

I don't have a problem with this as it's very rare in real life for the same squad to be together season after season, especially when some of the squad aren't playing, as they get concerned and move on.

Wilshere has played 9 out of 23 games. Which is a fair amount, as I rotate quite heavily with this team as I have over 60 players above 80 rated, with 45 of them above 87.

Wilshere has played 9 out of 23 games. Which is a fair amount' date=' as I rotate quite heavily with this team as I have over 60 players above 80 rated, with 45 of them above 87.[/quote']

That's a fair chunk tbf (30-40%?), unless of course he hardly featured at the end of the previous season in which case he might be more like 9/36.

If he goes to level 2 while still playing 30-40% as only the 5th best rated CM then rating of the player must definitely be more important than importance to the team.

That's a fair chunk tbf (30-40%?)' date=' unless of course he hardly featured at the end of the previous season in which case he might be more like 9/36.

If he goes to level 2 while still playing 30-40% as only the 5th best rated CM then rating of the player must definitely be more important than importance to the team.[/quote']

He's featured in 9 games out of a possible 23 this season and played in 18 of 38 in the season before.

But I can understand why. Although in the central position he has the likes of Fabregas and Sahin above him.

Wilshere has played 9 out of 23 games. Which is a fair amount' date=' as I rotate quite heavily with this team as I have over 60 players above 80 rated, with 45 of them above 87.[/quote']

I'm not having a go at you or Machine on this one, I'm here to learn also as I like most people am scrambling in the dark about concerns. When you say he's played 9 in 23 is that 9 in 23 starts or sub appearances?

I'm not on SMs side, I just want to be fair about things.

:)

I'm not having a go at you or Machine on this one' date=' I'm here to learn also as I like most people am scrambling in the dark about concerns. When you say he's played 9 in 23 is that 9 in 23 starts or sub appearances?

I'm not on SMs side, I just want to be fair about things.

:)[/quote']

All starts. I don't do subs.

The solution is: don't expect to keep all 3 concern-free as it can't be done indefinitely.

what a joke !...these concerns, have take a team , sell all players just keep 21 good players, result that even don't work.

if you have less players, the get injuried,(all injuries against unmanaged team playing normal styl) so SM force you to buy more players on only a few weeks have now 7 players out whit injuries for weeks,have no replace for these, if i have more players for the same position the get concerns,...so what do the won't?...and of course all your best are out for weeks, have try it play whit a team from only 21 players, result only left 14 players over to play, and all players now off course NWF..so that work also not, reduce your team to only 21 players, keep more players the have concerns...they still find a way to fool you!...what what once was a good game, it is all the way to the bones ('d like a different word ....so fill it in yourself) helped.

so now 'm gone take my holiday...B)...Have QUIT some team's,the others...after 'm back in 3 weeks or can be longer,that stop these team's from them selves.

Hope in the time that 'm gone SM have chance something... but will be false hope ...

would best fellow managers, keep the flame it .. bye..

if there is any good game worold ,whit good managers,just send a pm in my box, will most probably after my vacation without a team sitting.:D..so bye,bye,bye

Personally I think any player rated 89 and over expects about 30 starts per season regardless of how many players are in front of them for that postition.

I have Messi as my top rated striker (happy) and Hulk 91 unhappy with 29.5 games after 37 league games - although he might drop after the next review. Thats evidence a 91 rated player requires as much as a 99 rated player - 8 points is a big difference in player quality.

I havent seen any evidence that 89 rated players require less games - would be cool if someone else has.

I havent seen any evidence that 89 rated players require less games - would be cool if someone else has.

I don't think they do' date=' but I haven't got my stats in front of me so I'm kind of guessing.

I've just had a look at the real world Real Madrid and Barca first team squads;

Barcelona

Valdes (Gk) 93 (in game skill point rating)

Pinto (Gk) 87

Pique (D) 95

Puyol (D) 96

Mascherano (D) 93

Bartra (D) 85

Fontas (D) 86

Muniesa (D) 84

Alba (D) 90

Adriano (D) 91

Abidal (D) 92

Alves (D) 95

Montoya (D) 86

Busquets (M) 94

Song (M) 91

Xavi (M) 97

Iniesta (M) 97

Alcantara (M) 89

Dos Santos (M) 85

Fabregas (M) 95

Tello (F) 85

Sanchez (F) 92

Pedro (F) 93

Cuenca (F) 86

Villa (F) 95

Messi (F) 99

Real Madrid

Casilas (Gk) 95

Adan (Gk) 83

Varane (D) 87

Pepe (D) 93

Ramos (D) 94

Carvalho (D) 92

Albiol (D) 90

Coentrao (D) 91

Marcelo (D) 24 93

Arbeloa (D) 29 91

Khedira (M) 92

Alonso (M) 94

Essien (M) 93

Modric (M) 93

Kaka (M) 94

Ozil (M) 94

Di Maria (M) 93

Callejon (M) 88

Ronaldo (F) 98

Benzema (F) 94

Higuain (F) 94

Morata (F) 80

The ones in red are I believe the top players, so that's;

Barcelona = 17

1 - Gk

7 - Def

5 - Mid

4 - Forward

Real Madrid = 18

1 - Gk

7 - Def

7 - Mid

3 - Forward

17 or 18 big names each.... maybe there's a clue in there for us all.

All starts. I don't do subs.

With the new concern rules you should do subs, bring on any 3 at 75 mins etc, those extra half games soon stack up.

I'm not sure or anything but maybe SM go after bigger squads more aggressively than smaller ones, so if you have over 50 players in total then they revue more often or make more players prone to a good whinge.

No proof of it, just a thought.

Just noticed in one of my game worlds that an unamanaged (for over 12 months apparently) team has 4 players with lack of game concerns. I think 3 are level 3 and 1 is level 1, all of the players are not first choice based on skill points, one has 83 skill and the other 3 are 78 - 79, so sub 80s. That's gotta be annoying if 25 year old sub 80 skill players start to whine.

Also at another club in that game world I noticed a new concern (new to me anyway) a player was concerned for a "lack of first team opportunities". Please don't say they are dreaming new ones up. :D

Also at another club in that game world I noticed a new concern (new to me anyway) a player was concerned for a "lack of first team opportunities". Please don't say they are dreaming new ones up. :D

They have always been around. If there are too many players in one position (say a team has 10 goalkeepers) then some of the lower-rated players may believe they will never get a chance.

They have always been around. If there are too many players in one position (say a team has 10 goalkeepers) then some of the lower-rated players may believe they will never get a chance.

Well, you live and learn. It must be my excellent squad management skills that have helped me avoid coming across it before.

:D

Well' date=' you live and learn. It must be my excellent squad management skills that have helped me avoid coming across it before.

:D[/quote']

I've found it to be the rarest concern, I've only ever seen it once and never in any of my squads.

If your 1st choice RB is 92' date=' 2nd choice 89, and 3rd choice 85 then under the old system the 92 would expect to play maybe 80%, the 2nd choice 20% and the 3rd choice hardly ever.

The solution is: [b']don't expect to keep all 3 concern-free as it can't be done indefinitely.[/b]

what a joke !...these concerns, have take a team , sell all players just keep 21 good players, result that even don't work.

if you have less players, the get injuried,(all injuries against unmanaged team playing normal styl) so SM force you to buy more players on only a few weeks have now 7 players out whit injuries for weeks,have no replace for these, if i have more players for the same position the get concerns,...so what do the won't?...and of course all your best are out for weeks, have try it play whit a team from only 21 players, result only left 14 players over to play, and all players now off course NWF..so that work also not, reduce your team to only 21 players, keep more players the have concerns...they still find a way to fool you!...what what once was a good game, it is all the way to the bones ('d like a different word ....so fill it in yourself) helped.

so now 'm gone take my holiday...B)...Have QUIT some team's,the others...after 'm back in 3 weeks or can be longer,that stop these team's from them selves.

Hope in the time that 'm gone SM have chance something... but will be false hope ...

would best fellow managers, keep the flame it .. bye..

if there is any good game worold ,whit good managers,just send a pm in my box, will most probably after my vacation without a team sitting.:D..so bye,bye,bye

Tim what I mean is that concerns are structured so that you can't maintain the same 3 players for each position in a team for much more than a season as it seems pretty clear 33 players cannot be kept happy for much longer than that.

This doesn't mean have a squad of only 17/18, it means if you have more than 17/18 who you like you will eventually have to choose between them.

So what I'm saying is have 17/18 who you really rate, but then pad out the squad out with solid pro's who are solid ratings but who you will be happy to move on after a season or two (because by that time they will be Level 4+ concern).

This way the 17/18 can be kept happy season after season but the squad players will need refreshed every season or two.

I don't think they do' date=' but I haven't got my stats in front of me so I'm kind of guessing.

I've just had a look at the real world Real Madrid and Barca first team squads;

Barcelona

Valdes (Gk) 93 (in game skill point rating)

Pinto (Gk) 87

Pique (D) 95

Puyol (D) 96

Mascherano (D) 93

Bartra (D) 85

Fontas (D) 86

Muniesa (D) 84

Alba (D) 90

Adriano (D) 91

Abidal (D) 92

Alves (D) 95

Montoya (D) 86

Busquets (M) 94

Song (M) 91

Xavi (M) 97

Iniesta (M) 97

Alcantara (M) 89

Dos Santos (M) 85

Fabregas (M) 95

Tello (F) 85

Sanchez (F) 92

Pedro (F) 93

Cuenca (F) 86

Villa (F) 95

Messi (F) 99

Real Madrid

Casilas (Gk) 95

Adan (Gk) 83

Varane (D) 87

Pepe (D) 93

Ramos (D) 94

Carvalho (D) 92

Albiol (D) 90

Coentrao (D) 91

Marcelo (D) 24 93

Arbeloa (D) 29 91

Khedira (M) 92

Alonso (M) 94

Essien (M) 93

Modric (M) 93

Kaka (M) 94

Ozil (M) 94

Di Maria (M) 93

Callejon (M) 88

Ronaldo (F) 98

Benzema (F) 94

Higuain (F) 94

Morata (F) 80

The ones in red are I believe the top players, so that's;

Barcelona = 17

1 - Gk

7 - Def

5 - Mid

4 - Forward

Real Madrid = 18

1 - Gk

7 - Def

7 - Mid

3 - Forward

17 or 18 big names each.... maybe there's a clue in there for us all.

This is it exactly - most teams have a core of 17/18 because there aren't enough minutes available over the course of a 38-game season to keep more than 17/18 happy.

11 players on pitch for 90 minutes means total of 990 minutes available in 1 game.

990 minutes x 38 game season = 37,620 minutes

37,620 minutes divided by 18 players = 2090 minutes = 23 games per player from 38, and a pretty happy bunch of players (with the squad players cheesed off but that's ok coz they'll get moved on).

37,620 minutes divided by 33 players = 1140 minutes = 13 games per player from 38, and a lot of concerned players (this is the trap some people fall in to by trying to keep more players happy than can realistically be expected).

Obviously with cup/shield games etc it might be possible to keep 1 or 2 more happy but basically (in my opinion) only 18-ish players can be kept happy season after season, so only have 18-ish who you really like and make the rest squad guys who can be moved on as required.

This seems realistic to real life where it's unusual to find the exact same squad 3 seasons in a row, and in SM terms it means that instead of being able to keep 30+ top talents (whether rating or potential) happy forever you can now only keep 18-ish.

Tim what I mean is that concerns are structured so that you can't maintain the same 3 players for each position in a team for much more than a season as it seems pretty clear 33 players cannot be kept happy for much longer than that.

This doesn't mean have a squad of only 17/18' date=' it means if you have more than 17/18 [i']who you like[/i] you will eventually have to choose between them.

So what I'm saying is have 17/18 who you really rate, but then pad out the squad out with solid pro's who are solid ratings but who you will be happy to move on after a season or two (because by that time they will be Level 4+ concern).

This way the 17/18 can be kept happy season after season but the squad players will need refreshed every season or two.

This is it exactly - most teams have a core of 17/18 because there aren't enough minutes available over the course of a 38-game season to keep more than 17/18 happy.

11 players on pitch for 90 minutes means total of 990 minutes available in 1 game.

990 minutes x 38 game season = 37,620 minutes

37,620 minutes divided by 18 players = 2090 minutes = 23 games per player from 38, and a pretty happy bunch of players (with the squad players cheesed off but that's ok coz they'll get moved on).

37,620 minutes divided by 33 players = 1140 minutes = 13 games per player from 38, and a lot of concerned players (this is the trap some people fall in to by trying to keep more players happy than can realistically be expected).

Obviously with cup/shield games etc it might be possible to keep 1 or 2 more happy but basically (in my opinion) only 18-ish players can be kept happy season after season, so only have 18-ish who you really like and make the rest squad guys who can be moved on as required.

This seems realistic to real life where it's unusual to find the exact same squad 3 seasons in a row, and in SM terms it means that instead of being able to keep 30+ top talents (whether rating or potential) happy forever you can now only keep 18-ish.

That's not enough games to keep them happy, they'd need a minimum of about 27/28 games just out of the league games with more included for Cups etc,

I was more then satisfied by the old concerns, you could keep about 24/25 top rated players happy on and off, but also keep younger players with good potential and as such have decent options for the future. The biggest problem being as a game it's no longer 'fun' more of a job than a game and considering you need to obtain a PhD in Mathematics just to keep 18 players happy, it's getting harder and harder to play for fun and relaxation.