Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

That's not enough games to keep them happy' date=' they'd need a minimum of about 27/28 games just out of the league games with more included for Cups etc,[/quote']

But that's just the average, obviously in reality it'd work more like 11 of the 18 would play 28 games which is 2520 minutes.

2520 x 11 = 27720, which leaves 9900 between the remaining 7 "chosen ones".

So the other 7 (likely lower rated) would play 1414 minutes each which is the equivalent of 15/16 games.

That's the basic template i'll be working to.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

I guess you could say I've conformed to the new rules. I've now got all of my 6 teams down to a squad of around 22 first team players. 14/15 rated 90+ and the rest 83-89 youth.

What we're going to be looking at is a game where you are constantly recycling players around and not relying on your squad remaining a happy unit for years and years. The more I think about it now, the more i can understand it all. I just wish we were given fair warning about it, and not have the rug swept from under our feet.

So what I'm saying is have 17/18 who you really rate' date=' but then pad out the squad out with solid pro's who are solid ratings but who you will be happy to move on after a season or two (because by that time they will be Level 4+ concern).

[/quote']

That's the way forward I think, 17/18 you want to keep with the rest journeymen pros who you recycle just about every season.

Not sure if the following is going to muddy the waters or anything, but here goes. I've looked at the concerns at all the clubs in one of my game worlds (I know, you don't need to tell me!)

There are 40 teams in the game world (2 x 20) of these 14 teams have some form of concerns of which 10 are managed teams (so that's 4 game run teams with concerns of which 3 haven't had a manager since 2011)

I won't bore you with the full list, but I thought this was interesting;

PSG (18 players with concerns) = 10 for games / 1 for wages / 7 for loan. Last update dates = 10-14-17 Aug. Pastore is out on loan from PSG, on 14 Aug he went DOWN 1 for his games concern AND UP 1 for being out on loan?

I also noted that some of the player concerns were not on either the 10th, 14th of 17th of August, 4 of the concerns for lack of games were on the 13th July and haven't moved either way since.

Not sure it's particularly interesting, but there it is anyway.

Real Madrid

Casilas (Gk) 95

Adan (Gk) 83

Varane (D) 87

Pepe (D) 93

Ramos (D) 94

Carvalho (D) 92

Albiol (D) 90

Coentrao (D) 91

Marcelo (D) 24 93

Arbeloa (D) 29 91

Khedira (M) 92

Alonso (M) 94

Essien (M) 93

Modric (M) 93

Kaka (M) 94

Ozil (M) 94

Di Maria (M) 93

Callejon (M) 88

Ronaldo (F) 98

Benzema (F) 94

Higuain (F) 94

Morata (F) 80

The ones in red are I believe the top players' date=' so that's;

Real Madrid = 18

1 - Gk

7 - Def

7 - Mid

3 - Forward

17 or 18 big names each.... maybe there's a clue in there for us all.[/quote']

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I don't think that analising real life through SM rating makes much sense. SM rating are based on real life stats and not vice-versa: if someone rated 89 doesn't play in real life, SM will drop him to 88/87 in-game, he won't ask to leave in RL.

If we want to talk about realism, what we can do is analising the game through real life facts.

Last season Real Madrid had 58 matches for a total of 5220 max. per player. This was the statistic:

Ronaldo 4901 94%
Casillas 4800 92%
Xabi A. 4508 86%
Sergio R. 4498 86%
Pepe 4010 77%
Ozil 3845 74%
Marcelo 3543 68%
Benzema 3446 66%
Arbeloa 3181 61%
Khedira 2973 57%
Higuain 2646 51%
F. Coentrao 2219 43%
Kaka 2056 39%
Di Maria 1917 37%
Diarra 1636 31%
Callejon 1296 25%
Varane 1220 23%
Carvalho 1050 20%
Granero 1001 19%
Albiol 960 18%
Sahin 643 12%
Altintop 604 12%
Adan 442 8%
Max minutes 5220

As you can see the 7th best player, played less than 70% of the total and the 13th best, less than 40%.

Luckily Mourinho is not playing SM, if not he would be left with 6 players.

But that is no surprise at all. With 3 matches a week, the backups would be happy enough playing 33% of the games. They would still play a match a week and be important for their team.

If SM aimed to be realistic, they should allow the in-game managers to do what real life managers do, without punishment. The present system completely fails in that.

I don't mean to be disrespectful' date=' but I don't think that analising real life through SM rating makes much sense. [u']SM rating are based on real life stats and not vice-versa[/u]: if someone rated 89 doesn't play in real life, SM will drop him to 88/87 in-game, he won't ask to leave in RL.

If we want to talk about realism, what we can do is analising the game through real life facts.

Last season Real Madrid had 58 matches for a total of 5220 max. per player. This was the statistic:

Ronaldo 4901 94%
Casillas 4800 92%
Xabi A. 4508 86%
Sergio R. 4498 86%
Pepe 4010 77%
Ozil 3845 74%
Marcelo 3543 68%
Benzema 3446 66%
Arbeloa 3181 61%
Khedira 2973 57%
Higuain 2646 51%
F. Coentrao 2219 43%
Kaka 2056 39%
Di Maria 1917 37%
Diarra 1636 31%
Callejon 1296 25%
Varane 1220 23%
Carvalho 1050 20%
Granero 1001 19%
Albiol 960 18%
Sahin 643 12%
Altintop 604 12%
Adan 442 8%
Max minutes 5220

As you can see the 7th best player, played less than 70% of the total and the 13th best, less than 40%.

But that is no surprise at all. With 3 matches a week, the backups would be happy enough playing 33% of the games. They would still play a match a week and be important for their team.

If SM aimed to be realistic, they should allow the in-game managers to do what real life managers do, without punishment. The present system completely fails in that.

totally agree with this, because this actually shows how a top club (and fundamentally every club) rotates with players.

ATM what SM is doing is this:

tabella2.png

Max minutes 5220

I would say that SM concerns work something about like this, and as you can see those numbers are impossible to achieve for all players, so eventually someone will get inevitably concerned. Now the problem isnt he concerns here, because as i said many times, concers for me a right, its the percentages the are just wrong, they have to be more realistic.

Besides the really top rated players like Casillas, CR7 all the below 95 rated players should have a lower pecentage, in order to make rotations possible.

If for example the players like Benzema Higuain, kaka ozil marcelo, ramos, etc, instead of 75% will ask 50 to 60% the rotation will be much easier to make, as these numbers are clsoer imo to the real like playtime those players actually ask, this also doesnt mean that you will actually play them for only 50% of the games, you will still use them for most of your games, maybe 90% or so (without injuries and red cards), this emans that they wll be happy, and the subs will have more time to play aswell.

RIght now, most of the players mourinho has, would of got concerned, even players like Di Maria, Khedira and even Benzema, when irl im pretty sure they are more than happy with the playtime they got.

I just hope SM actually decides to review theyr current concerns system, improving it, which would definetly improve the game, and the overall thought of the system.

OMG!!!!:eek:

(feigned indignation)

Will you guys cut out all this math and statistics!!!!

The reason I play this game is to avoid those things-if I wanted to do all that bloody calculations I would have played Stephen Hawking's Phi beta Kappa!:P

I also can't believe some of you guys are trying to justify the silliness by quoting real life statistics and trying to get into the head of a virtual number that represents Wilshere either..:(

I don't mean to be disrespectful' date=' but I don't think that analising real life through SM rating makes much sense. [u']SM rating are based on real life stats and not vice-versa[/u]: if someone rated 89 doesn't play in real life, SM will drop him to 88/87 in-game, he won't ask to leave in RL.

Ronaldo 4901 94%
Casillas 4800 92%
Xabi A. 4508 86%
Sergio R. 4498 86%
Pepe 4010 77%
Ozil 3845 74%
Marcelo 3543 68%
Benzema 3446 66%
Arbeloa 3181 61%
Khedira 2973 57%
Higuain 2646 51%
F. Coentrao 2219 43%
Kaka 2056 39%
Di Maria 1917 37%
Diarra 1636 31%
Callejon 1296 25%
Varane 1220 23%
Carvalho 1050 20%
Granero 1001 19%
Albiol 960 18%
Sahin 643 12%
Altintop 604 12%
Adan 442 8%
Max minutes 5220

RIght now' date=' most of the players mourinho has, would of got concerned, even players like Di Maria, Khedira and even Benzema, when irl im pretty sure they are more than happy with the playtime they got.[/quote']

If we could "see" the concerns at real life Real Madrid do you guys think there wouldn't be a single player on at least a minor level 1 concern?

Sahin clearly wasn't happy which is why he's gone on loan to Liverpool, Altintop has left for Galatasaray, Albiol & Carvalho would probably be level 1/2 concerned, Kaka maybe level 3, Diarra has gone on loan, Benzema might have a level 1 concern, etc etc.

It's perfectly normal for players at football clubs to have concerns, it's just that on SM we can actually see them which panics people.

I would suggest that SM might be better off hiding concerns but for obvious reasons I can't see people being happy with that either...!

I don't mean to be disrespectful' date=' but I don't think that analising real life through SM rating makes much sense. [u']SM rating are based on real life stats and not vice-versa[/u]:

No offence taken, but you miss my point I think. I didn't include the SM skill point ratings for any other reason then to let people know that the players I highlighted were in fact the 'first choice' first team players. The scores on the doors have no other significance.

My point was that in real life Barca and Real have 17/18 first name big players with the rest being back ups. In the game you can get away with swapping around 17 'first choice' first team players and the rest you have to be prepared to move on each season as they won't be able to get anywhere near enough game time to remain happy.

Good work on the game time for Real by the way, very interesting and as you say if The Special One thinks he's so special then he should try his hand at Soccer Manager.

OMG!!!!:eek:

(feigned indignation)

Will you guys cut out all this math and statistics!!!!

The reason I play this game is to avoid those things-if I wanted to do all that bloody calculations I would have played Stephen Hawking's Phi beta Kappa!:P

I also can't believe some of you guys are trying to justify the silliness by quoting real life statistics and trying to get into the head of a virtual number that represents Wilshere either..:(

I don't like to have to do it, but if you want to hang on to your big names YOU will have to do it also I'm afraid. These are not my new rules, they are Soccer Managers and I'm just trying to Understand them (thanks for the silence SM) and also learn how to beat them at their own new game.

I don't like the way they've ramped up the pressure on players without any warning they were about to do so, my mindset when someone tries it on with me is to try to fight back and not moan about it but in the end bend over and take it from them.

The whole point of the Wilshere is just a number / oh no he isn't debate was that from the game's point of view (I believe) he isn't just a number he's an established player who wants game time, I am not trying to pretend that this is anything but a bit of fun online football management game (it used to be anyway), but to understand and fight back against the new rules you have to try to see things from their perspective to understand why they are doing what they are.

totally agree with this' date=' because this actually shows how a top club (and fundamentally every club) rotates with players.

ATM what SM is doing is this:

[img']http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1433/tabella2.png[/img]

Max minutes 5220

I would say that SM concerns work something about like this, and as you can see those numbers are impossible to achieve for all players, so eventually someone will get inevitably concerned. Now the problem isnt he concerns here, because as i said many times, concers for me a right, its the percentages the are just wrong, they have to be more realistic.

Besides the really top rated players like Casillas, CR7 all the below 95 rated players should have a lower pecentage, in order to make rotations possible.

If for example the players like Benzema Higuain, kaka ozil marcelo, ramos, etc, instead of 75% will ask 50 to 60% the rotation will be much easier to make, as these numbers are clsoer imo to the real like playtime those players actually ask, this also doesnt mean that you will actually play them for only 50% of the games, you will still use them for most of your games, maybe 90% or so (without injuries and red cards), this emans that they wll be happy, and the subs will have more time to play aswell.

RIght now, most of the players mourinho has, would of got concerned, even players like Di Maria, Khedira and even Benzema, when irl im pretty sure they are more than happy with the playtime they got.

I just hope SM actually decides to review theyr current concerns system, improving it, which would definetly improve the game, and the overall thought of the system.

Agree fully, I'd like to see concerns percentages reduced (as above) but the implementation of a 25 man playing squad picked at the start of each season, no restrictions on who you pick, you can choose to have 25 players over 90 rating if you like but have to be able to give them 50-60%, that and the freedom to use youth players (U21) as you see fit, playing them regardless if they are in your 25 man squad or not. When a player from the 25 man squad is sold another can be nominated to take his place. That would be a much better way to go in my view

If we could "see" the concerns at real life Real Madrid do you guys think there wouldn't be a single player on at least a minor level 1 concern?

Sahin clearly wasn't happy which is why he's gone on loan to Liverpool' date=' Altintop has left for Galatasaray, Albiol & Carvalho would probably be level 1/2 concerned, Kaka maybe level 3, Diarra has gone on loan, Benzema might have a level 1 concern, etc etc.

It's perfectly normal for players at football clubs to have concerns, it's just that on SM we can actually [i']see[/i] them which panics people.

I would suggest that SM might be better off hiding concerns but for obvious reasons I can't see people being happy with that either...!

Funnily the most concerned player seems to be C. Ronaldo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197375/Cristiano-Ronaldo-feeling-out.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

As for Sahin he is happy to be at Liverpool playing, he's not going to get a 'loaned out concern' because he will be getting gametime :rolleyes:

I dont think SM will fix these concerns, they wont listen, they are just continuing their sleep. If many people come together and quit this, they will wake up from the sleep and do something, but the question is who will? The majority are those who dont care concerns as their game is just manage for some games and quit when you loose a game or when a player get concerns. I have seen many of them.

SM are just making everything worser month by month and year by year, they was time SM used to be fun but not now, Im playing it for 6 years now and Im thinking of quiting it really.

For me, the worse thing is that some engine produced numbers are more important then real people. Its obvious that it is more important to keep some 5000 Virtual Ronaldos happy spread trough a 1.000.000 different game worlds then 1 real person which is really sad. This game will live on with or without us and am sad to say but am leaving this game for good.

So long fellas was a nice trip...

I dont think SM will fix these concerns' date=' they wont listen, they are just continuing their sleep. If many people come together and quit this, they will wake up from the sleep and do something, but the question is who will? The majority are those who dont care concerns as their game is just manage for some games and quit when you loose a game or when a player get concerns. I have seen many of them.

SM are just making everything worser month by month and year by year, they was time SM used to be fun but not now, Im playing it for 6 years now and Im thinking of quiting it really.[/quote']

I have been a member for nearly 5 years now (Gold for 4) and I could not agree more with the last two posts (especially about it being more important to keep fantasy players happy over paying customers). That is just crazy buisness sense and cant last forever.

I have never broken any rules, dont club hop and with regard to player hogging I will be honest and say yes I do this in one GW which is not bad since I have 12 clubs. The club I do this with I have had for almost the five years and it has taken that long to create the club the way it is. Now within a few months that entire work will be wasted. No fun for a paying member to see that happen.

Some of you may say good riddence to me and that I should not player hog and I am getting what I deserve. I dont think so, imagine you put almost five years of work into one team and then lost it.

Yes most rules or changes cannot please everyone, but having one that upsets so many paying customers is not a good idea. What about making changes that might encourage more paying members to join like a reserve league or something? these all get ignored as well.

I just lost pato after he played 34 league games in one season, does that sound right to anyone else? its annoying and i have had enough.

Its just not fun anymore at all, if its not losing players you worked hard to get its stupid results against unfit and unmanaged teams.

Why do I pay for that ???

I sent a bug report about the concerns to SM but like the others above me Im not expecting a response. Its a shame..... this game was great but when my Gold membership expires this time Im going to take my money and part of their wages away with me.

like I said before... crazy business sense.

This game is simply a joke. I started John Obi Mikel, who isn't a regular starter for the Chelsea side in real life, in 8 of my 11 league games, with an additional 3 more as a substitute which sounds about right along with the fact that he was suspended along with the added games in the Europa League for my Darlington which I'm in yet his concerns have now escalated to level 2. Okay you could argue he is rated 91 and this isn't one of the biggest concerns you may have seen, but yet it is still very unrealistic as he doesn't start each and every game for the Chelsea side in real life and he has in fact played every game for me this season, so therefore he shouldn't get concerns for starting almost every game on Soccer Manager.

No offence taken' date=' but you miss my point I think. I didn't include the SM skill point ratings for any other reason then to let people know that the players I highlighted were in fact the 'first choice' first team players. The scores on the doors have no other significance.

My point was that in real life Barca and Real have 17/18 first name big players with the rest being back ups. In the game you can get away with swapping around 17 'first choice' first team players and the rest you have to be prepared to move on each season as they won't be able to get anywhere near enough game time to remain happy.[/quote']

I totally agree with you, but I'd change 17/18 with 22/23. My point was that the above mentioned Real Madrid used 23 top players to try and win the Champions League (I don't think we can call 'backups' players like Sahin, Altintop, Albiol). That is exactly what I'm asking: being able to do like real clubs and use 22 good players. Because a game is about fun and dreams, people play SM dreaming to win the Champions League with their team, and to do that you need 11 good players for the national league to qualify for it and 11 good players to put in the CL. Exactly like real life.

However, there's a big difference between "being able to keep 17/18 players" and "being forced to use an equation to rotate 17/18 players and play them for exactly 70% of the time".

That was the unrealistic part: as we see in the Real Madrid example, 70/75% is an unrealistic threshold with no connection whatsoever with real football.

2 players per role, playing 66% and 33% of the time: this is not stock piling because you are using them all for important matches. I think that would be reasonable, yet impossible in SM with the new rules.

Good work on the game time for Real by the way' date=' very interesting and as you say if The Special One thinks he's so special then he should try his hand at Soccer Manager.[/quote']

SM became more challenging than Liga :rolleyes:

However' date=' there's a big difference between "being able to keep 17/18 players" and "being forced to use an equation to rotate 17/18 players and play them for exactly 70% of the time".

[/quote']

This is pretty true actually. I dont mind forcing managers to have smaller squads but it is irksome that you have to continually swap teams about to keep players happy. I think I'd rather have to pick 21 players over a certain rating and use them freely (perhaps with a less strict concern system so you still couldnt just keep players endlessly) than continually have to change my line up for each game. SM used to be about being able to check in for a couple of minutes every day to every few days and not have to worry.

With his method of concerns you end up needing to micro manage teams more than football manager!

17 player concerns is impressive for all the wrong reasons! Are you using subs? Something is a miss if thats pretty much all your first team and theyre not getting enough games.

Yes i log in EVERYDAY, rotate the squad constantly. Not my fault concerns are DUMB

BOATENG got risen yesterday to level 2, WHILE injured!!!

VAN DER VIEL got risen yesterday to level 2, WITH 32(3) apps

AGUERO to level 3 WITH 35(8) apps (im on turn 34)

THIS IS BEYOND ME and there is no other word to describe concerns but DUMB

A question I have:

In one of my setup's, I have 2 players that can play at LB. They are:-

G. Chiellini (94) CB/LB

A. Sandro (87) LB/LM

Now my question is, does Sandro Consider himself first choice LB because that is his first choice position. Or does Chiellini consider himself a starter because he's rated higher?

Does the primary/secondary status have any impact on the concern system?

In my situation, I'm obviously going to play Chiellini as much as I can and fit Sandro in cup games and as a sub a few times. I just hope that's enough to keep him happy.