Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

Biscuit - If you could tell me what team you have Wilshere in or any other team that you are having players/problems with then I can discuss more clearly the issues with this feature.

Let's use another Arsenal player (Wilshere) as an example. He's only rated 83 and is used sparingly by Arsenal in real life.

Chances are if you have him in your squad, he's not good enough to get a game so in SM terms he'll probably become fed up and want a transfer before he can fulfill his real life potential with Arsenal. I'd guess it'll be at least 2 years before he plays regularly for Arsenal, which on SM could be 5 seasons. He'd more than likely have demanded a move by then.

Let have a look at this hypothetical Wilshere example.

Based on the current Arsenal squad that starts off in SM it has only 40 players. In this scenerio Wilshere would not get any concerns about his future. Even if this squad then DOUBLED in size to 80 Wilshere would still not get a concern about his opportunities, he would only START to get a concern if you grew the squad to well over 100 and the players you brought in were better rated them him.

Wilshere is 18 and so does not get any concerns about not playing. He won't get any of these concerns until he is 21 (3 years time) and as you have said will have had a rating increase by then, I would have thought.

The player will happily go out on loan as he is well below the Arsenal squad average and won't get any concerns about his wage unless he increased in rating.

Wilshere is a perfect example of why the system works.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Biscuit - If you could tell me what team you have Wilshere in or any other team that you are having players/problems with then I can discuss more clearly the issues with this feature.

Let have a look at this hypothetical Wilshere example.

Based on the current Arsenal squad that starts off in SM it has only 40 players. In this scenerio Wilshere would not get any concerns about his future. Even if this squad then DOUBLED in size to 80 Wilshere would still not get a concern about his opportunities' date=' he would only START to get a concern if you grew the squad to well over 100 and the players you brought in were better rated them him.

Wilshere is 18 and so does not get any concerns about not playing. He won't get any of these concerns until he is 21 (3 years time) and as you have said will have had a rating increase by then, I would have thought.

The player will happily go out on loan as he is well below the Arsenal squad average and won't get any concerns about his wage unless he increased in rating.

Wilshere is a perfect example of why the system works.[/quote']

Wilshere was just a hypothetical example and i was basing that on some players i've had expressing concerns about lack of games who are younger and lower rated than him.

However from your reply i do realise it's because my squad has 120 and i need to sell off quite a few of them.

Out of interest if i reduced the squad to say 70 players, would the players who've expressed concerns at a lack of games, withdraw them as they're under 21 and wouldn't have as many players ahead of them for a place in the team?

You shouldn't have any players that are under 21 with a concern about 'lack of games' unless they are the same/or similar to your best players. If this is the case then there is a problem and if you tell me the Club and Game World I will investigate it.

Any balanced squad under 100 should not have any problems with the 'lack of opportunity' concern. (Unbalanced meaning your squad is primarily made up of all one position such as has 50% defenders etc).

You can still go way over 100 players, this isn't a squad cap. But whilst your squad is over 100 players some of them may start to get annoyed about their standing within the squad.

You shouldn't have any players that are under 21 with a concern about 'lack of games' unless they are the same/or similar to your best players. If this is the case then there is a problem and if you tell me the Club and Game World I will investigate it.

Any balanced squad under 100 should not have any problems with the 'lack of opportunity' concern. (Unbalanced meaning your squad is primarily made up of all one position such as has 50% defenders etc).

You can still go way over 100 players' date=' this isn't a squad cap. But whilst your squad is over 100 players some of them may start to get annoyed about their standing within the squad.[/quote']

I understand the lack of opportunity concern and i think it's a good addition but there are definitely a few youth players (Kadlec, Delfouneso, Berget) in my squad concerned about a lack of games.

It's English Championship 1536 and i'm Huddersfield.

I don't think 100 players is a good squad size. If you have a small club you will eventually want

- about 25 top quality players

- about 50 youngsters as a resupply pool

- tons and tons of risers to pay for wages

When you have big squads like that your risers will usually be rated well below your main squad. That means they will have a horrible chairman value and you need a huge amount of them to support your team. If chair value wasn't such a big factor it may be different but chairman value is a huge problem.

Now many of your youngsters will be rated lower than the risers that you plan to sell anyway and those youngsters will develop concerns, especially with the new 9 month ratings cycle. But you can't do anything about it since you have all those risers in your squad that are simply necessary.

And the last problem is that there is too much micromanagement. You have to deal with concerns now, look at all the wages and always have to find trade-in deals because chair value is such a huge factor.

I cancelled 3 of my 4 teams because its becoming too much work.

I honestly would rather see chairman value gone and i'd happily deal with a 100-player cap and no concerns.

These Youth players that you have mentioned will loose their 'Lack of games' concern over the coming weeks.They were processed before we made the changes, which I mentioned in a few posts back, live.

As I mentioned in that post we have changed some boundaries and levels etc based on feedback from the forum and support tickets.

I would just suggest people leave it for 4-6 weeks before this feature and the recent changes all bed down. They are only level 1 concerns and there is no need for anyone to panic.... just yet! :D

These Youth players that you have mentioned will loose their 'Lack of games' concern over the coming weeks.They were processed before we made the changes' date=' which I mentioned in a few posts back, live.

As I mentioned in that post we have changed some boundaries and levels etc based on feedback from the forum and support tickets.

I would just suggest people leave it for 4-6 weeks before this feature and the recent changes all bed down. They are only level 1 concerns and there is no need for anyone to panic.... just yet! :D[/quote']

No problem, thanks for your time and effort John.

Astan - You can still buy as many players as you used to and go over 100. The only effect is that some of these players may get concerns and you will have to sell them before you perhaps wanted to. However a forced sale will take months and months to happen.

Selling them slightly sooner will be pretty rare and to be honest a small price to pay for the many benefits these changes will bring to the rest of the game.

Well i have a number of youth players which i buy when i can get them and which i keep for a long run of a year or more. They just sit there and wait until their rating gets high enough and cost a lot of money. Most will eventually be sold but the turnover rate is small and can't support a team. If you buy a player at 75 and need the patience to wait until he gets an 88 that isn't very profitable because it takes so long.

And then i have players that i will buy before a ratings change and sell right afterwards. Players that are in for a short period of 10 weeks, won't cost big wages in that time and have no great perspective to help my team.

Because of the importance of chairman value finding good moneymakers (the 2nd type) is very hard since players often cost above chairman value from unmanaged clubs and then later will be sold below chairman value. If you have a big team making money gets quite difficult and you always have to find trade-in deals to get the most out of your risers.

I think it will be a change for the good however i have just one issue over wages.

This was actually an issue before the introduction of the player concerns.

I understand how any player might develop a concern over their wage if it doesn't match with the standard wage for their rating.

My issue lies in the 90-94 wage range, where there are 2 levels of pay.

(applies within the 95+ range too but less relevant in terms of player numbers).

If you renew the contract of a player rated 90-94 it will renew the wage at @60k.

Using one of my 2 Wrexham sides as an example.

After steady building, 3 promotions & keeping a manageable wage bill, i'm in the top division with a side rated @90/91. My top wage is @22k.

Now if i want to renew the contract of any 90+ his wage will nearly treble to @60k.

Yet if a buy a player with the same rating he'll sign on at @44k.

All i'm saying is that if you offer a new contract to a 90+ player on a 22k wage, it should default to 44k not jump straight to 60k.

I share Biscuits problems. I am finding 75-80 rated youths concerned over the lack of games. My reserve team average is 91 so they aren't even going to get to shine the boots of my reserve team I'm waiting to see just how concerned they get.

I've also encountered another problem tho. In an EC I am playing I have around 15 youth risers on the transfer list which I am waiting to sell so I can buy reinforcements. I have had a few player concerns in this EC but no bids for 3 days. Now people might say just wait and you'll get bids. No my problem is there has been no bid for anyone in this EC's entire transfer list for the last 3 days since this player concern thing has kicked in. And in the 11 clubs I own I've only had one bid in any setup despite having over 50 players listed throughout. Clearly the widespread implementation of thos player concern thing is affecting the transfer bids from external clubs.

Guys I have to say I love this addition, it makes the game so much more interesting, but what is the deal with the ratings schedule being so slow, I can simpathise with other people's gripes regarding this, this new feature as does the game as a whole relies heavily on the ratings schedule, I realise this is stating the obvious, but I think SM are really letting themselves down here by letting the ratings schedule take second place, it will be denied by them, but the proof is in the pudding, this time last year they were up to section 1 of the main leagues, this year section 8 is just being started, a lot of sections were only done once last year. You're probably wondering where I am going with this, it is simple, as somebody else mentioned in an earlier thread, if you are waiting for players to go up so you can play them or sell them while in the mean time these players are getting concerns, it is frustrating, we as managers rely on the ratings being done when they are supposed to be, we buy players expecting them to be reviewed at certain times during the year, this is the main focus for a lot of managers, especially ones running smaller clubs, this issue needs urgent attention, please SM can you speed up the ratings schedule and catch up.

Can somebody in the know comment on the slowness of the ratings schedule, I believe the SM community as a whole deserve an explanation.

Hopefully I am not being harsh with my comments, it's just frustrating to keep paying players longer then you have to, in turn loose money, which with the new economies is a lot more valuable and harder to come by, add to that these players developing concerns, well I'm sure most managers struggling with their finances will share the same frustrations, this is not the only reason why clubs are struggling financially, but a quicker ratings schedule would help turn over players a lot quicker and more effeciently for smaller clubs thus alleviating the problem a little.

there is now to much work,everything is slowing down cause numbers of game worlds,now is every hour new game world,every member soon will have 5 game worlds just for him and that will become boring,this is very fast how much there is work now,and work just expanding,so i think there is no help buy risers 2 months before rating changes

I share Biscuits problems. I am finding 75-80 rated youths concerned over the lack of games. My reserve team average is 91 so they aren't even going to get to shine the boots of my reserve team I'm waiting to see just how concerned they get.

I've also encountered another problem tho. In an EC I am playing I have around 15 youth risers on the transfer list which I am waiting to sell so I can buy reinforcements. I have had a few player concerns in this EC but no bids for 3 days. Now people might say just wait and you'll get bids. No my problem is there has been no bid for anyone in this EC's entire transfer list for the last 3 days since this player concern thing has kicked in. And in the 11 clubs I own I've only had one bid in any setup despite having over 50 players listed throughout. Clearly the widespread implementation of thos player concern thing is affecting the transfer bids from external clubs.

Now 5 days and counting without a single transfer bid on any player in this setups transfer list. A bit cheesed off now as I'm gonna miss the Portuguese risers and if this continues gonna miss the Italian and Spanish ones too.

I completely agree with MBN's comments above.

For example, I have a squad with 65 players. 30 of these players are players who are awaiting a rise and have their transfer bans completed. When they are re-rated, all these players will be sold and my squad number will be 35.

The source of the high squad number in this case is not player hogging. If the player (eg Pedro of Barcelona) has concerns it should be, "Player is concerned about lack of first team football/transfer due to slow ratings schedule"

Could the SM person who has been so kind to comment on this thread be so kind as to advise;

1. Does SM see the slow ratings schedule as an issue?

2. If so, is there going to be a solution forthcoming?

3. Why now are there problems with irregular transfer bids from unmanaged teams and why do some transfers not go through for days after being accepted? Or is this now what our ongoing level of expectations should be?

4. Is there going to be a new ratings schedule released that makes a legitimate attempt to communicate to the members when the various leagues are likely to be reviewed?

I love the game and am only commenting because I want the game and my experience with it to improve. It is just frustrating to see the game slow down so much, without even the briefest attempt at communication, and with resources spent on new improvements rather than rectifying core problems.

Guest BrandonBurrows

There is a manger in one of the same setups as me with a 122 player squad with loads of players unhappy. Then I check a lot of his unhappy players and most of them only want a wage increase. What is the point of this player concerns feature if it isn't going to stop people having ridiculously big squads?

Edit: The guy has 20 CBs with only 1 concerned about 'Lack of Opportunity'! That is BS.

There is a manger in one of the same setups as me with a 122 player squad with loads of players unhappy. Then I check a lot of his unhappy players and most of them only want a wage increase. What is the point of this player concerns feature if it isn't going to stop people having ridiculously big squads?

I understand that point of it - eventually the player will have to offer wage increases or sell the players. Increased wages means the manager will eventually go into debt and be forced to sell players just to make ends meet. Refusal to meet wage demands means the players will eventually go onto transfer market independant of the managers wishes. Squad numbers will hve to be reduced in the long run.

The transfer thing is really bugging me now. I listed a big portion of my squad beggining of last week when their bans ran out and sold around half. Bought a good few risers with the cash. I still have a quarter my squad sitting on the transfer list and have had no bids since last saturday. Its an English Championship so I'd expect one or two bids a day as there are plenty of big external clubs. Nothing for almost 6 days now sucks. It corresponds with this player concern thing really starting in most setups so its clearly is the cause as external transfer bids were pretty regular before.

Guest BrandonBurrows

I understand that point of it - eventually the player will have to offer wage increases or sell the players. Increased wages means the manager will eventually go into debt and be forced to sell players just to make ends meet. Refusal to meet wage demands means the players will eventually go onto transfer market independant of the managers wishes. Squad numbers will hve to be reduced in the long run.

There is nothing stopping the guy giving all the players higher wages and keeping them. If he has millions to spare I hardly think an increase in a few thousand a week is going to put the guy into debt.

There is nothing stopping the guy giving all the players higher wages and keeping them. If he has millions to spare I hardly think an increase in a few thousand a week is going to put the guy into debt.

It will. I have a 100 player squad with a good few youths having had rises. I had around 20 youths demanding wage increases and I gave them all the increases - my wage bill is over £2 million a turn now so I'll lose £1m+ home games and £1.5m+ away games. It all mounts up. Will have to sell players eventually.

Guest BrandonBurrows

It will. I have a 100 player squad with a good few youths having had rises. I had around 20 youths demanding wage increases and I gave them all the increases - my wage bill is over £2 million a turn now so I'll lose £1m+ home games and £1.5m+ away games. It all mounts up. Will have to sell players eventually.

His current wage bill is £1.4 mil with something like 20 players wanting higher wages. If 20 all want an extra 10 grand a turn, which is high and I'm assuming they won't want that much, that will only be an extra £200k per turn.

Hugo Ventura signed for me 5 days ago on a 5 year deal @ £3450 per turn.

Of course in recent days he has has a rating increase of +7

I now have a message "Wants an increase in wages (Minor Concern)

Level 1 (Date: 15 January 2010)"

Players can be so fickle, sorry Hugo babes but you can't sign for my club and squeal about a pay rise after just one game and 5 days into your 5 year contract. :)

Players can be so fickle' date=' sorry Hugo babes but you can't sign for my club and squeal about a pay rise after just one game and 5 days into your 5 year contract. :)[/quote']

Well, he obviously can. Doesn't mean you have to give him a new contract just yet, in fact it's impossible. If you purely brought him in as a money-spinner, you shouldn't mind if he's concerned anyway, if you signed him as one for the future, the concerns completely fulfil their purpose.

Players can be so fickle' date=' sorry Hugo babes but you can't sign for my club and squeal about a pay rise after just one game and 5 days into your 5 year contract. :)[/quote']

You cant give him a new contract though if you just brought him? Wouldnt that be a bug

You cant give him a new contract though if you just brought him? Wouldnt that be a bug

You are probably right about it being a bug as the system is allowing me to offer him a better pay contract even though he is currently on a 5 year deal, perhaps some of the devs can confirm?

Either way, I wont report it as I would be looking to sell him on in 9 weeks time so hardly seems worth the fuss.

I've got the same thing with the same player lol!

Just wondering... how long does it take to reach the highest concern lvl?

What will happen if this is reached during the the trans/ban on that player?

Sorry if this is obvious but he'll be asking for more money as he's on the pay bracket for his old rating.

I guess it's been worked this way so that a club with a large amount of youth or rating risers might be forced to sell some players as they can no longer afford the increased wage bill.... And so working towards less player hogging.