Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

I don't understand whether they changed the concern system, or only the help section.

Does anyone know it?

I'd be happy with 90% of what is written in the help section, but it doesn't match at all with what we have seen so far in the game.

There, it says that a 89 rated player, in case he's not one of the best XI, will expect to play only 30-40% of the games counting only the league matches.

For example: Phil Jones of Man Utd will expect to play only 12-15 matches in a season, between all the competitions.

If that were true, it'd be brilliant!

It's not what happened so far, though, unless SM really listened to the forum and changed the system.

Going forward, Phil Jones as an 89 rated will expect to play 30-40% of games if you have 11 better players than him in your squad.

So he will expect to play 11-15 games a season. These could come in a combination of cup and league starts and/or subs appearances.

I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who play the game, wouldn't really use the forum's and by the time they look at the help files it might be to late to save any players who have gain concerns

could be somethink like this within the players Selection Details

Form 7-7-6-7-8-6

Morale

Concerns None

Game time 11-15 of games a season

Condition 89%

Injuries None

Suspensions None

Cup Tied Charity Shield (Sheffield Wednesday), English Shield (Sheffield Wednesday)

It would just make it alot clearer for everyone how much game time players are required to play over a season.

I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who play the game' date=' wouldn't really use the forum's and by the time they look at the help files it might be to late to save any players who have gain concerns

Form 7-7-6-7-8-6

Morale

Concerns None

[b']Game time 11-15 of games a season[/b]

Condition 89%

Injuries None

Suspensions None

Cup Tied Charity Shield (Sheffield Wednesday), English Shield (Sheffield Wednesday)

It would just make it alot clearer for everyone how much game time players are required to play over a season.

Yes this is definitely something we are considering doing.

Going forward' date=' Phil Jones as an 89 rated will expect to play 30-40% of games if you have 11 better players than him in your squad.

So he will expect to play 11-15 games a season. These could come in a combination of cup and league starts and/or subs appearances.[/quote']

this is good news, but on the last bit, does that mean that sub appearances will count as much as a start/full 90 minute match for the player?

It is very important to clarify this as if coming in as a sub is enough, then the game will finally get back on track and no one will be able to complain anymore (if it is as you say), if actually the 12th and below in line player will ask only for 30-40% of the game.

Yet if he will count 1 game as 90 minutes, then SM didnt really get anywhere, as if those 7-8 subs (at least) that every club has, will ask for 15 Full games, that means that we will be forced to take away time from the starters, and they ask for around 75-80% of total playtime, that means that if i give enough space to the subs to not make them develop concerns, some of my 1st teams will develop them, while if i (obviously) will prioritize my 1st team, even if giving all the possible time to the sub, some subs will get still concerned, and all this would take us back to the point we have started, as nothing would have changed.

SO its important to be sure and clarify, will SUB-appearances either at min 45 or 60 or 75, count as 1 of the 15 appearances a sub will ask during the season?

Going forward' date=' Phil Jones as an 89 rated will expect to play 30-40% of games if you have 11 better players than him in your squad.

So he will expect to play 11-15 games a season. These could come in a combination of cup and league starts and/or subs appearances.[/quote']

Well done, then!

The outfield players part seems fair (going by the online help) however the GK part seems far too harsh, I don't think it should be 88+, more like 90/91+. It seems daft that Courtois cant be back-up to Casillas/Valdes etc. As GK's are one of the most important possitions there should be more leniency so that a manager can reach a more effective 'switch-over' point...ie not have to drop straight from a 95 to an 88 if they want to build more for the future. If this is not possible then I feel that GK lack of games concerns should decrease if they are loaned out, as we have seen with Courtois and Cech.

edit: when you say their concerns wont decrease whilst on loan, will they just 'halt'. ie given enough game time at the new club they stay at the same concern level so that once they are good enough you could recall and play them and the concerns will start to decrease again?

The outfield players part seems fair (going by the online help) however the GK part seems far too harsh' date=' I don't think it should be 88+, more like 90/91+. It seems daft that Courtois cant be back-up to Casillas/Valdes etc. As GK's are one of the most important possitions there should be more leniency so that a manager can reach a more effective 'switch-over' point...ie not have to drop straight from a 95 to an 88 if they want to build more for the future. If this is not possible then I feel that GK lack of games concerns should decrease if they are loaned out, as we have seen with Courtois and Cech.

edit: when you say their concerns wont decrease whilst on loan, will they just 'halt'. ie given enough game time at the new club they stay at the same concern level so that once they are good enough you could recall and play them and the concerns will start to decrease again?[/quote']

Well, i personally dont find it harsh at all, if you have Casillas as 1st teamer you will never use courtuois, as Casillas cannot get injured, nor expelled, and neither he gets tired (so do all keepers), so its pointless to switch keepers.

This might seem in favour of what you said, but its not, in a competitive setup either gold, standard or customized, there will always be teams willing to take a 88 keeper on loan and make him play regularly. If its not a competitive setup then you might just aswell sell him, as you will most likely find a better player, count also that casillas minimum another 4-5 years can definely keep his main keeper status and so his current rating. This concern system for keepers is made exactly for situations like this, were you have already casillas, but still dont want to give cortuois away to another team, thus making courtuois useless and another team weaker, the system as it is, makes it so you can easely loan the players, thus not wasting an 88 rated player and also making another team stronger and so equilibrating, even if by a little, the average strenght of the whole gameworld (which is SM's goal, to make the teams gameworlds more balanced)

Well' date=' i personally dont find it harsh at all, if you have Casillas as 1st teamer you will never use courtuois, as Casillas cannot get injured, nor expelled, and neither he gets tired (so do all keepers), so its pointless to switch keepers.

This might seem in favour of what you said, but its not, in a competitive setup either gold, standard or customized, there will always be teams willing to take a 88 keeper on loan and make him play regularly. If its not a competitive setup then you might just aswell sell him, as you will most likely find a better player, count also that casillas minimum another 4-5 years can definely keep his main keeper status and so his current rating. This concern system for keepers is made exactly for situations like this, were you have already casillas, but still dont want to give cortuois away to another team, thus making courtuois useless and another team weaker, the system as it is, makes it so you can easely loan the players, thus not wasting an 88 rated player and also making another team stronger and so equilibrating, even if by a little, the average strenght of the whole gameworld (which is SM's goal, to make the teams gameworlds more balanced)[/quote']

I have sent him on loan, just didn't get any offers before his concern rating rose to a L2 which wont decrease now he's on loan. IMO they should either raise the ratings at which the concerns develop or allow the decrease of concerns if they are on loan. I have Courtois for when Casillas does eventually start dropping and when Courtois reaches 91/92 I plan on selling Casillas, regardless of rating...It's not like I'm hoarding half a ton of keepers! (unlike one person in a GW I'm in with Buffon, Valdes, Lloris, Cesar and De Gea XD )

I'm not sure if this has been covered, and I can't see it in the help guide. But are playing concerns still based over the past two seasons? Or do they reset every season (as in a player won't rise in concern one game into the new season due to not playing enough last season)?

Hi' date='

Just to add to Ste's post yesterday.

We have updated the help AND tweaked the way concerns work.

A few months back we closed some loopholes in the concerns system and made the concern system more harsh. Based on the feedback we have received and from our internal statistics and experiences we have reviewed the concerns system again.

This has meant that the concerns have been made slightly more lenient and are now based on the information provided in the on-line help.

Therefore going forward you should see less concerns than you have over the past few months. But I would still expect more concerns than it previously was than say a year ago.[/quote']

Finally some reaction.

If you have in fact tweaked concern system as many of us proposed then we should have seen different % in game time required to trigger concern. This way it is still 85% and 75% for all over 90 as you said and that is just not way to go. % should account many other factors beside player rating with rating beeing a major one offcourse. Player FIT level beeing the main one regardless of rating. So what have you tweaked really ? What improvements can we look forward to ?

tabella2.png

This is Real Madrid, one of the the greatest clubs in the world and you want us to manage it better then Mourinho does in real life ?

I would expect 20% of users beeing able to do as you imagined and tested for 6 months as you said, and then tweaked for better few days ago but the rest will have really hard time following so strict rules which will lead to more frustration and people leaving. We just want this to be better game overall and you not acknowledging the real issue here is not helping that much. Its better then it was but come on you can do better then that and solve the problem once and for all. That way there will be very hard to make justified complain about this matter and you will have more time to develop the game.

"slightly more lenient" - not really...

"Im just glad my "fake Messi" is happier than I am!!! " sums it in a really good way...

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Please accept my apology in advance for locking this thread.

This area of the Forum was originally created so that we could post about any new improvements or features that have been introduced to Soccer Manager.

By locking this thread (and also deleting several off topic or misleading posts) it will ensure that key information is visible to all members of our community (who use the Forum) and it won't then become lost.

We have tweaked the way concerns work and also updated the information within the Player Concerns Help article and included as much detailed information as we can (along with examples). If you are still unsure how the Lack of Games or any other concern works, then please take the time to read this information.

A few months back we closed some loopholes in the concerns system and made the concern system more harsh. Based on the feedback we have received (from all of our mediums) and from our internal statistics and experiences we have reviewed the concerns system again.

This means that the concerns have been made slightly more lenient and are now based on the information provided in the Player Concerns Help article.

Therefore going forward you should see less concerns than you have over the past few months, but you would still expect more concerns than previously (for example 12 months ago).

The Player Concerns feature was introduced in November 2009 and it will remain a feature of Soccer Manager.

If you would like to offer any suggestions or improvements to Player Concerns or any other feature of Soccer Manager, then please post within this thread.

We try and read as many threads as we can, as we value both your suggestions and improvements, as well as your valuable feedback. This is because over the years many ideas and suggestions that have come from our community have been incorporated into Soccer Manager.

For example:

I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who play the game' date=' wouldn't really use the forum's and by the time they look at the help files it might be to late to save any players who have gain concerns

Form 7-7-6-7-8-6

Morale

Concerns None

Game time 11-15 of games a season

Condition 89%

Injuries None

Suspensions None

It would just make it alot clearer for everyone how much game time players are required to play over a season.[/quote']

We are considering introducing something along these lines as this would help some members of our community. If we introduce something similar to this idea then we will announce it to all of our members via various mediums.

I will mention once again that the Player Concerns Help article has been updated to included as much detailed information as we can (along with examples). If you are still unsure how the Lack of Games or any other concern works, then please take the time to read this information.

If you believe there is information missing from this article, please let either myself or John know and we will try and include it as we want to provide you with as much information as possible.

We have also created a sticky thread within General Help which people can use if they require genuine help regarding this feature.