Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

can player's concerns be addressed by playing more n more friendlies???????

and the wage thing is as stupid as it gets---my $16000 player asks for $21500 when i offer him a new contract....that is ridiculous........

all in all player concern is a good thing - just hope that all associated bugs will be neutralized

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

I don't really understand the point of player concerns. Is this just a way to take more money away and punish those for having bigger teams for 4 competitions?

Refer to this thread :)

This wage increase thing is fine for the likes of my Milan team. However, I also manage Stevenage and ridiculously 13 players have all demanded wage increases all at the same time. This is going to cripple my already limited finances. Already sold a few players off, but now looks as though im going to have to dramatically reduce my squad if im going to be able to live with this.

One comment ive highlighted from the initial thread:

It will also stop one team or a handful of teams from dominating a Game World and therefore make it easier for smaller clubs to buy good players or buy young prospects.

My team IS a smaller club and now im being forced to sell.

Not convinced by any means.

Well thanks a bunch for killing the "game". Let's just put that out there not so you know what direction I'm heading in, if you don't want to read a moan stop reading now.

It will mean nothing to those who run Soccer Manager obviously but I am now giving serious thought to quitting such is my hatred towards this latest addition. To date all but two out of all the people I knew playing had quit but I stuck with it. I kept at it building my squads, squads capable of winning the league. the cups and the shield.

I love wheeling and dealing I love that side of the beautiful game, I also like nay LOVE winning, nice little sense of pride and accomplishment you know but this feels more like a punishment. I mean the whole player concern thing overall

Player concerns over wages? Demanding more money, money I just don't have. Yeah thanks a bunch guys. And you have the cheek to ask people to PAY for this!?

You want realism? Then " Player Farming " as you call it is a necessity. Some clubs especially lower league teams NEED to be able to snap up cheap players and sell at a profit yes you say this doesn't stop " buying risers " but I disagree because it doesn't feel like it. Some of these youngsters might never even see the first team but that's the way it works.

This is going to simply cripple some peoples clubs finances it just makes you feel like you are fighting a losing battle.

Moving on. I've just had to increase the wages of 3 of my top performers when they had already not long ago been given new 5 year deals. You think that is fair, it **** well is not. Running costs are going to flipping skyrocket!

See this thread as just one example of how people will suffer - http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=893198#post893198 - and personally I don't see why we should have to, and I really feel this is the case, sell some of these players. I myself love to rotate. I do it for every single game I play, for all three teams I manage. I like to think a fully fit squad will do wonders for me. Without players on the bench and younger players to back them up, well I'm boned.

Particularly regarding contracts I always worked on the basis that I let a contract run down to 1 year left then gave the player a new 5 year deal but that is going straight out the window. And what about young " Hot Prospects ". If I want to buy someone young who in the real world is going places but is himself limited to a handful of First team appearances then he is going to be exactly the same on SM if for no other reason that we all have higher rated and better players who just like in real life get in the team ahead of them.

I am .. disappointed .. at the way this " game " has become. There were some good developments that came in but this sways the completely opposite way. I'm a silent one me I read threads, observe what's going on and follow interesting threads/discussions etc but never really throw in my opinion however this I make an exception for.

Although partially coincidental as I needed the money I feel I've had no option but to sell some players, decent high rated ones at that. Between mass complaints and then mass wage increases I can't cope with it all it's too much within such a short space of time. Can't shake my head enough.

There is so much more I could say on the matter but I won't go on any longer. I know I'm moaning about it but I'm not happy with it. I want to add one more thing though. I DO realise how difficult a job those developing this " game " have particularly with regard to excessive squad sizes but something like that can be easily fixed by limiting, and I really mean limiting the squad sizes. Something so harsh and punishing as this player concerns nonsense is going in the completely wrong direction as far as I am concerned.

I haven't even touched on the what others have mentioned regardind the relation betwen a players rating/age/concern and wage!

Such a disappointment. (sorry it's so long by the way)

For me I've always wanted to try to limit the maximum squad size in the game. I've plenty of teams and none are in the superstar team bracket but I have never felt the notion to assemble a totally unrealistic squad of well over 100 players that I have seen on more than a few occassions.

I've returned to SM fairly recently after a self imposed 2yr absence from the game. Before I left it looked like many were dead set against a capped squad size. When the player concerns first arrived recently I thought that this may have the desired effect of forcing managers to reduce their squad, much the same way as a cap would have done, but in a more gradual, fairer way.

However, I have to say I'm totally perplexed by the wage demands that seem to have materialised today. There seems to be a few problems with it.

1) Why does every player, at least every player that I have come across, look for an increase of between 70-100% on their current wage? Seems more than a little excessive to me.

2) Can't we have some sort of system set up, and I know this means more hassle for programmers, where we can negotiate the level of increase?

3) Players that have increased in rating I can understand. But when players who have dropped in rating are looking for an increase of above 100% on their current deal then I'm starting to smell bovine scatology.

4) Having a player develop a concern about playing time, or the lack of, is fairly understandable, and will hit the bigger squads far more than the people with more realistic squad sizes. But the wage concerns aren't as selective as that. They're hitting every team hard. Even the smaller teams that buy and then sell on to finance the improvement of both first team and squad.

I still feel that a squad limit would have been so much easier to implement, and after a settling down period, wouldn't have left so much ill feeling towards the game itself.

I can understand the reason's for making players who've recently had rating rises require new contracts. It's to punish people who give a turd about this game. It's safe to say that the teams being hit by these constant (neverending) player concerns in most cases are those that either use the forum often or those who actually follow world football and scout for players due to rise.

Why should I be punished economically for good game play?

However, obviously as from today SM has decided to bring in wage limits for seperate ratings instead of groups of ratings (eg. 85-89 being between £20-22k) as I've seen people quoting £39,000 for an 88, £44,000 for an 89 and I've had to give wages of around £34,000 for an 87 player.

This morning I've discovered some wage concerns from players 85-89 already on 20-22 K, does this mean the new wage bracket has now officially been brought in, can somebody confirm this, before I start giving out new contracts.

For me I've always wanted to try to limit the maximum squad size in the game. I've plenty of teams and none are in the superstar team bracket but I have never felt the notion to assemble a totally unrealistic squad of well over 100 players that I have seen on more than a few occassions.

I've returned to SM fairly recently after a self imposed 2yr absence from the game. Before I left it looked like many were dead set against a capped squad size. When the player concerns first arrived recently I thought that this may have the desired effect of forcing managers to reduce their squad' date=' much the same way as a cap would have done, but in a more gradual, fairer way.

However, I have to say I'm totally perplexed by the wage demands that seem to have materialised today. There seems to be a few problems with it.

1) Why does every player, at least every player that I have come across, look for an increase of between 70-100% on their current wage? Seems more than a little excessive to me.

2) Can't we have some sort of system set up, and I know this means more hassle for programmers, where we can negotiate the level of increase?

3) Players that have increased in rating I can understand. But when players who have dropped in rating are looking for an increase of above 100% on their current deal then I'm starting to smell bovine scatology.

4) Having a player develop a concern about playing time, or the lack of, is fairly understandable, and will hit the bigger squads far more than the people with more realistic squad sizes. But the wage concerns aren't as selective as that. They're hitting every team hard. Even the smaller teams that buy and then sell on to finance the improvement of both first team and squad.

I still feel that a squad limit would have been so much easier to implement, and after a settling down period, wouldn't have left so much ill feeling towards the game itself.[/quote']

I totally agree Fraser - I'm finding at the moment with every "improvment" implemented I'm slowly moving further away from the game, If it carries on like this I can see myself in the not to distant future just playing in EC1 & 106, and custum setups with the new things turned off.

I agree with you guys. Until we have a realistic wage demand system in place, limiting the squad size will be a far mor effective option. All of my teams are realistic sizes, bar one. I have 61? players in that one. I am starting to sell a few though. But even if you set it as say 50 or 45, I would gladly sell a lot of my players.

I am tired of seeing managers have over 100. The one thing I like about the game is realism. What club in the world has 100 players on its books??? And there is one team in my league that has 220!!!.

But i seems the wage concerns is causing its own problems, for eve the smaller teams. The playing time concern seems to be working great, well done! But I hope they take away the wage concern one until we get it more realistic.

Hi Guys,

We are still listening to feedback and have changed many things based on your comments and opinions so far. No one should have needed to sell any players at this stage, this is a new feature and panic selling or similar should not be undertaken until the feature has been running for a good period and a 'final' version is in place.

On that note.... we have decided to remove the player concern regarding wages for the time being.

This is the least important concern in regards to what the concerns is trying to achieve.

However players will still move towards the wage they want but this will happen once their contracts expire, and therefore will be a more gradual process. Players signed on 4/5 season contracts will wait 4/5 seasons before getting the wages their rating deserves.

The wages have been changed slightly so that they gradually increase. Previously players 85-89 wanted around £20k then as soon as they hit 90 wanted £60k. This has changed so players 85-89 start off wanting £20k but increase towards £35k then players 90-94 want between £40k-60k.

could player AI be turned off in certain game worlds / custom setups as an option

Yes there is an option for all Custom Game World owners to decide.

limiting the squad size will be a far mor effective option.

The player concern system is supposed to act as a squad cap but in a far more sophisticated way. Instead of saying you can only buy 100 players and that is it, this system will let you go over this limit (way over)... but if you do then your players will start developing concerns about their future and playing time. Instead of saying you can only have 2 90+ GoalKeepers, this system will allow you to buy as many 90+ GoalKeepers as you want but some of them will start developing concerns about their future and playing time.

This system is a 'soft' and 'unofficial' squad cap but designed to be flexible in allowing managers to buy and sell who they like without having to make your Chairman definitively say 'The Huddersfield Chairman believes that 10 Goalkeepers is enough for the squad.'

Hi Guys' date='

The wages have been changed slightly so that they gradually increase. Previously players 85-89 wanted around £20k then as soon as they hit 90 wanted £60k. This has changed so players 85-89 start off wanting £20k but increase towards £35k then players 90-94 want between £40k-60k.

[/quote']

Hi John,

Players rated 94 wanted 45k under the old wage system and now are demanding/asking for 71k. Quite a jump don't you think?

I appreciate you saying it's early days but I hope SM have plans to also increase income otherwise I fear that many small clubs won't be able to make ends meet (easily) to cover the wage bill.

How about you guys introduce SM Lotto tinto the game?? :rolleyes::P

Herby

Glad this has been removed. But frustratingly I have given 1 player a new contract which saw his wages increase from £3k to £28k per turn. Could have got away with the whole of this season at £3k per turn :rolleyes:

Hi Guys' date='

On that note.... we have decided to remove the player concern regarding wages for the time being.

[/quote']

Good idea removing the players wage demand unhappiness, although I accept it will be temporary.

If and when it is re-introduced I would like to see players perhaps demand wage increases, not based on what they can expect to receive externally but what other players within the squad are receiving.

If I have been canny and managed to tie down the likes of Canales on a cheap 5 year deal, I might expect to receive wage enquiries from that player perhaps 1 year later and even then a gradual increase and it should be capped to whatever the highest player in the team is currently receiving.

My highest earning player in my team might be on 22K a turn.

I think it would be fairer to expect a player like Canales to demand no more than this player. He should be happy to be playing regularly, which when he gets a rating increase, he will be. He should then be happy to be offered in due course a wage deal no greater than the highest paid player in my team?

After all, he will be on at least the highest wage bracket within the team budget.

If my team is winning honours or doing well in the league and he is the equally highest paid player, why should he want to move away?

This will help the small size stadium managers where wages are an issue.

What do other managers think?

I dont think we can dismiss that this feature will not be back in due course, so now is the time perhaps to make a few suggestions.

If I cannot offer someone a 5 year deal with the likelihood he will either stick with it or demand equal pay then why have the feature?

If players have to have the same wages as their rating increase suggests, then you may as well just scrap the 5 year deal.

Players rated 94 wanted 45k under the old wage system and now are demanding/asking for 71k. Quite a jump don't you think?

I appreciate you saying it's early days but I hope SM have plans to also increase income otherwise I fear that many small clubs won't be able to make ends meet (easily) to cover the wage bill.

94 rated players previously wanted up to £64,510, They now want up to £63,600.

Also how many 'small' clubs have 94 rated players? :D

94 rated players previously wanted up to £64' date='510, They now want up to £63,600.

Also how many 'small' clubs have 94 rated players? :D[/quote']

Sorry if i missed something but wanting £64,510 and wanting £63,600 really isn't that much difference, or is it going down gradually?

Many small clubs have players like that. If you play a small club for a few season you can start to get players like that, but they started wanting HUGE wages and the stadium increases haven't happened for many people.

Raised a ticket to see if I could get this new contract offer reversed that I need not have given if this part of the player concern was withdrawn last night instead of this morning.

Ticket now closed without even a response :rolleyes:. They may as well disable this ticket feature for all the use it is.

My last two genuine tickets - 1 they refused to answer, at least they stated that in their response I suppose. The other - just closed. Rude if nothing else.

Glad this has been removed. But frustratingly I have given 1 player a new contract which saw his wages increase from £3k to £28k per turn. Could have got away with the whole of this season at £3k per turn :rolleyes:

Sorry if i missed something but wanting £64,510 and wanting £63,600 really isn't that much difference, or is it going down gradually?

Many small clubs have players like that. If you play a small club for a few season you can start to get players like that, but they started wanting HUGE wages and the stadium increases haven't happened for many people.

The player wages have always been at this level for many years now.

Considering there are only 59 players in the game at this rating or higher, what wage do you think a 94 rated player should be?

94 rated players previously wanted up to £64' date='510, They now want up to £63,600.

Also how many 'small' clubs have 94 rated players? :D[/quote']

a lot of players in the 90s are still on contracts that have the old 45k cap

theres alot of clubs out there - mainly the clubs who have put in an awful lot of effort to run their club efficiently - who if they gave every player a new contract right now would probably add an extra 25% onto their wage bill.

the extra money you gain from bringing success to a club really doesnt amount to enough imo

Raised a ticket to see if I could get this new contract offer reversed that I need not have given if this part of the player concern was withdrawn last night instead of this morning.

Ticket now closed without even a response :rolleyes:. They may as well disable this ticket feature for all the use it is.

My last two genuine tickets - 1 they refused to answer' date=' at least they stated that in their response I suppose. The other - just closed. Rude if nothing else.[/quote']

it is rude, and it does frustrate me when you have a genuine question or concern that gets ignored...

but in youre case youre being pretty cheeky if ya ask me!

Ticket now closed without even a response . They may as well disable this ticket feature for all the use it is.

Richard Wallace - I have your ticket in front of me it was only sent in 45 minutes ago and has not been responded to yet. Unfortunately we cannot reply to every ticket we receive within an hour, we aim to reply to tickets within 72 hours.

The ticket appears to have been closed by yourself before anyone has looked at it.