Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

John, is there any way to reverse concerns of players say for example:

I recently acquired a Chelsea in a GC, they had been mismanaged to the point where the first team was NMF to the point they were below 40% in some cases.

Obviously through this there have been players who have spent all of their time in the bench and have low morale as their ratings suggest they could be in and around the first team, but haven't had any game-time.

I received a notification that one of the players has a slight concern about his lack of games, which is not my fault at all, and in fact said player had played in the 2 or 3 games since I took charge as I tried to get the NMF players up to full fitness again.

I don't see why a new manager coming into a club should be paying for the neglect of others.

The obvious solution would be to reset players concerns regarding lack of games when a new manager takes control maybe?

Just wondering whether this is something you are looking into introducing.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Grimsby EC45 :D

Sheffield Utd in EC1 ... I have 3 such players which I refer to as my S T A R S !!

B)

BTW all of these players are on 47k or less at present.

I hardly think that's the point, unless SM is trying to do away with the small clubs and just run a SM Champions League? :eek:

Surely the game should provide a platform where a manager can take any club to the highest level and have the potential to win the league. Sure, a small club with a tiny stadium would make that mission much harder than say managing a Barca to success but nevertheless, it should be possible!

Maybe SM no longer have a clear objective of where they want this game to go. :rolleyes: I hope I'm wrong ...

Herby

John' date=' is there any way to reverse concerns of players say for example:

I recently acquired a Chelsea in a GC, they had been mismanaged to the point where the first team was NMF to the point they were below 40% in some cases.

Obviously through this there have been players who have spent all of their time in the bench and have low morale as their ratings suggest they could be in and around the first team, but haven't had any game-time.

I received a notification that one of the players has a slight concern about his lack of games, which is not my fault at all, and in fact said player had played in the 2 or 3 games since I took charge as I tried to get the NMF players up to full fitness again.

I don't see why a new manager coming into a club should be paying for the neglect of others.

The obvious solution would be to reset players concerns regarding lack of games when a new manager takes control maybe?

Just wondering whether this is something you are looking into introducing.[/quote']

For the teams who get reset though would just give the managers who are happy to reset there managers points for that club an easy way around the whole thing.

John' date=' is there any way to reverse concerns of players say for example:

Just wondering whether this is something you are looking into introducing.[/quote']

This has been suggested in Westgate and it was discussed, but the idea was scrapped as this could be easily abused. Maybe not for big clubs in GCs, but for possibly every other club in any Custom or Standard Game World. As you said, he only has a minor concern (Lv1 probably), and if you give him some games, it will be solved rather easily anyway.

Sheffield Utd in EC1 ... I have 3 such players which I refer to as my S T A R S !!

B)

I hardly think that's the point' date=' unless SM is trying to do away with the small clubs and just run a SM Champions League? :eek:

Surely the game should provide a platform where a manager can take any club to the highest level and win the league. Sure, a small club with a tiny stadium would make that mission much harder than say managing Barca but nevertheless, it should be possible.

Maybe SM no longer have a clear objective of where they want this game to go. :rolleyes: I hope I'm wrong ...

Herby[/quote']

Yeah the only team I have left which I have an interest in is my grimsby in EC45 which I have spent 3 years building (I dont use scout threads on the forum so all done myself) and ive managed to go from div 4 -> 1 so if that team did become unmanageable I would have to leave.

But.. will wait a while to see how the changes work out as no doubt if they are eto silly SM will change them

This has been suggested in Westgate and it was discussed' date=' but the idea was scrapped as this could be easily abused. Maybe not for big clubs in GCs, but for possibly every other club in any Custom or Standard Game World. As you said, he only has a minor concern (Lv1 probably), and if you give him some games, it will be solved rather easily anyway.[/quote']

Don't get me wrong, I'm not concerned I'm going to lose a player, but what if for example a manager quits because half his squad have lv4/5 concerns? it's up to the new manager to try and lower those concerns, as well as keep his "happy" players happy also.

Not fair imo B)

Could it not be intergrated into the CPS system ? If a manager with the same IP takes over the concerns stay the same, or that getting a little to technical, i do agree with craig though, its totally unfair that the jeb end of a previous manager has mis maanged his team and the new man at the helm needs to pay for it

Could it not be intergrated into the CPS system ? If a manager with the same IP takes over the concerns stay the same' date=' or that getting a little to technical, i do agree with craig though, its totally unfair that the jeb end of a previous manager has mis maanged his team and the new man at the helm needs to pay for it[/quote']

IP's can be changed, hidden or some people's auto change every 2 hours anyways.

although I did forget about the job offer system so would be quite a hassle doing what I said before anyways so might be ok to be reset

I do not agree with this improvement (?!).. I think even that was a shoot in the feet, because instead of increasing competitiveness and grab more people to the game, many have left because of this and this is only in the beginning.

Properly speaking about this improvement, there are things of the reality that are difficult to implement in virtual reality and I think that is one of them .. Looking back, it seems that those who do not play in real life want to leave their clubs .. Is this really true? My answer is no! Has anyone seen Flamini want to leave Milan? Not all want to leave, in SM want all.. :S

Anyone seen a player on loan become unhappy? Tiago? Luca Toni? Just to name a few ..

The world has a ‘x’’ thousand of clubs, the SM has 80 clubs (in the World Championships for example) and not all are managed .. As would be expected loans of 70 rated players to clubs like Bristol or Morecambe if they are not managed?! Or loan players of lows 80 if you cannot manage in a WC a Rio Ave or a Boro?

Also, as players like Fanni, or Maniche can be disappointed not to play? Both belong to clubs external .. have they chance to play there? Or even free agents like Kleber Pereira, Lincoln that no have team, can they be concerned in a team they can play?! Obviously not! So why complain when they can play? Even if the hypothesis is minimal ...

You will probably say that they could be in other team, but if they won’t? if someone not bet in them?

This improvement has two main objectives to stop 'player hogging' and to stop youth 'farming'. But that isn’t what teams want in real life? Have the best team possible? It is for this that clubs buy the best players when the market opens? We are guilty that on the game there are clubs unmanaged / or external clubs, managers ‘’stupid’’ that we could exchange weak players for betters?! We are just subject to the existing market and our competitors in the same market. We are guiltys because we have an open eye and we spend time searching for the best players while the other managers are in the game play by play and without the slightest effort to buy players. And now, they can buy easily because my/our players remembered that they want to get out of the club? If you sell all the players that showed intention to leave you will have nearly 400 million in cash .. this approach could be the more real that we could get of the game? Or is what we had before that was the more realistic approach of reality in which we, as clubs in real life, we seek the best for the club? Just see the best players are getting focused only on Barca, Real, Inter, Milan, Man Utd and Chelsea ..

If this was also to increase competitiveness in the game worlds, will it actually increase? People prefer to manage ‘’big’’ clubs and put there the best, but will the so-called smaller clubs to be penalized when they make a revolution and make them a great club?! I think that to increase the competitiveness solution was to reduce the number of game worlds existing ..

I think this improvement needs to have some ‘physical’ support, we could follow the game entirely and making substitutions as the result allows(who thought that Chelsea before the game would win easily Sunderland.. o.O) also the fact that clubs unmanaged can make loans and players do not become concerned when they are loaned out(and play) would be a point in favor ..

Also, in first games of the season when we get a team we use the players more high rated in the starting XI, but later we use the best performers.. isn’t that what happens in real life? Isn’t this what is transposed to the game? The best performers in real life get better ratings in SM? Well, I use best performers in SM because is what makes me win.. and not the ‘’turnover’’ that could be the solution to not get this concerns everyday.. we in Portugal have a proverb ‘’ in a team that wins doesn’t change’’.. I think this is seriously threatened in SM. >.<

Also I think this should just be added to the game worlds more recent (less than 1 month), for people like me who play it for 2 years and half would see their efforts and commitment to the game go down the drain..

Every day I log in, and I see ‘new club messages’’ I have fear.. I think ‘’ more concerns again?! I am becoming tired of this..’’ And it’s true.. the player concerns are making me concerned about my future in SM >.<

This is just my opinion.. feel free to comment or not :o

Sheffield Utd with their stadium of 32,609 are not a small club and can easily afford these sort of players if they are in the top league.

They are on £47k as they were given contracts before 27th May 2009.

Please refer to this article as to why and when we changed the wage amounts.

http://blog.soccermanager.com/messages/messages-game-world-economies.html

The point I was making is that 94 rated players have not had their wages amounts changed since 27th May, and this was nothing to do with Player Concerns.

Wages have been at a higher level since May 2009, and have nothing to do with player concerns. The player concern has only highlighted the wage system that has been in place seen May 2009. If you had signed a 94 rated player since May 2009 they would be on the higher amount of around £65k.

Don't get me wrong' date=' I'm not concerned I'm going to lose a player, but what if for example a manager quits because half his squad have lv4/5 concerns? it's up to the new manager to try and lower those concerns, as well as keep his "happy" players happy also.

Not fair imo B)[/quote']

To be fair, we'd be talking of 4-5 season's of neglect to reach this scenario and these are the sort of teams which are not necessarily taken up on job offer or picked up by new managers with the situation as it is now anyway.

I'm almost begining to think that perhaps the terminology being applied here is the thing which is so off-putting to so many. Perhaps the use of the word concern is frightening everyone more than it should. The knee-jerk reaction to a concern is to start worrying, but in all honesty going from a Level 1 concern to a level 4 or 5 concern when a player starts asking for a transfer is considerable. We are talking seasons. So many things can happen in that time. The concerned player could get a rise in ratings and start getting games. On the other hand he may not progress and be a potential dropper in which case you'll be getting rid of him anyway. You could have found better players and risers/prospects than him so you want to sell him anyway. The most unlikeliest scenario is the one which most are focussing on - that you will be forced to make widespread sales against your will. by the time your players are reaching this position, the dynamics of your side will most likely have changed.

It would be interesting to hear if any player has a level 2 concern yet. I suspect the answer to this will be no in the overwhelming number of cases and perhaps only in huge squads where there are fourty plus 90 and above rated players. I have many small teams and I manage some big ones. I have some teams with no concerns and others with numerous concerns. But to be honest, I have not adapted my style at all currently. I still play the side I feel will do the job and rotate when I feel necessary. I suspect 2 months from today, I will still barely have anyone on a level 2 concern (especially now the wage issue has been withdrawn). I am fully confident of maintianing squads of 60 players without paying much attention to unhappy players at all from my experiences from testing in Westgate.

Really it is far too early to judge these changes. It's also encouraging that the SM Devs team is happy to amend things as they go along. I think too many are overplaying the impact of this improvement and in particular the impact of a level 1 concern. A level 1 concern is way off from a player demanding a transfer. It should be viewed as such and we shouldn't be getting too perturbed by having players on Level 1 concerns. Once we start getting to level 2 and 3, the position is then slightly different. We may get some squads in due course with a few players on these concerns at a time. But I doubt we'll ever get to the position of a half, a quarter or even more than a handful of players in any sqaud on a level 4 or 5 concern :)

my 85+ unhappy yesterday and i pay them 45000+ per week to make them happy, but today everything change, looks like nothing happened before, only let my Total Wages increase a lot, i think i'm cheated by SM. now i'm concern about the wages, this will make my team bankrupt, like Lehman Brothers :(:rolleyes:

We have decided to remove the player concern regarding wages, no players will develop concerns regarding their wages.

When player's contracts run out they will then negotiate with your Chairman for a figure close to the amount they want.

So those that offered them a new contract as soon as they went to level 1 have lost out slightly in the fact that they have done this earlier than they would have had to. However the player would have ended up on this wage in the long run anyway.

We have decided to remove the player concern regarding wages' date=' no players will develop concerns regarding their wages.[/quote']

right, but my total wages raise a lot, could u change them to before i renew their contract ?

i'm a kind manager, and i dont want any of my player unhappy so i sign them 5 years new contract yesterday, but SM remove all he concerns today, all these deals hurts me.

So those that offered them a new contract as soon as they went to level 1 have lost out slightly in the fact that they have done this earlier than they would have had to. However the player would have ended up on this wage in the long run anyway.

but it cause my loss a lot.:confused:

I didn't close it. I submitted it like all the others previously. I didn't even know I could close it myself. I looked again to see if it had been looked at, as sometimes tickets are looked at pretty quickly, only to find it was closed.

Can you still look at this or do I need to submit it again?

Cheers

Richard Wallace - I have your ticket in front of me it was only sent in 45 minutes ago and has not been responded to yet. Unfortunately we cannot reply to every ticket we receive within an hour' date=' we aim to reply to tickets within 72 hours.

The ticket appears to have been closed by yourself before anyone has looked at it.[/quote']

I'm in the same boat, because I didn't want players morale to drop thus effecting their performance on the field I thought I would do the right thing and give unhappy players new contracts, i do understand this would have had to be done anyway as their contracts expired, it's just that now for the next five seasons I'm going to have to pay the higher wage as a lot of the players were already on 5 year contracts, so my point being is that managers who tried to do the right thing and play by the new rules have now been penalised, very unfair, if you are going to keep changing the rules at any time you should null and void contracts signed in the last few days, so everybody can start at the same level with the new rules and as contracts expire they can be renewed.

In regards to player wages going up as a whole for the 85-89 bracket, this is fine, but we need to remove the stupid relevance to real life crowds, this bracket of players is the most numerous i imagine that managers play on the field, so this will hurt small clubs, or any clubs who don't achieve their full crowds. It is all fine and good for English teams as English grounds for the most part are always near full capacity, but take Italy for example, the crowds are down, why do clubs in our game need to be penalised for real life crowds being down, If I'm in the top four of my league don't I deserve full capacity crowds, NO, SM says my real life crowd is down so I can only get 22 or 23 thousand in my 55 thou capacity, I just don't get it. It's simple reward success with big crowds and increase capacity when required up to the average of the league, PLEASE SCRAP THIS RIDICOUS LINK TO REAL LIFE CROWDS, it is irrelevant and harmful to clubs and most of all not necessary.

because I didn't want players morale to drop thus effecting their performance on the field I thought I would do the right thing and give unhappy players new contracts

Well this is exactly what will happen. Players morale does drop if they are on a lower wage than what they want. By offering them contracts that they want their morale will now increase.

It's simple reward success with big crowds and increase capacity when required up to the average of the league, PLEASE SCRAP THIS RIDICOUS LINK TO REAL LIFE CROWDS, it is irrelevant and harmful to clubs and most of all not necessary.

Please see the help article on:Real Life Attendances

Club attendances work as described below:

* Clubs will start with their attendances in line with their real life attendances, but if this is lower than your current leagues average, the attendance will tend up towards the league average.

* Clubs that get promoted will have their attendances increase towards the average of the new division.

* Clubs that get relegated will have their attendances decrease towards the average of the new division.

* Promoted clubs will have their stadiums gradually built bigger, towards the average attendance of the new division (see Stadium Building).

* More fans will come as you tend towards the top of the league, and less fans will come when you tend towards the bottom of the league.

Please note that real life attendances are only used as a starting point within a Game World.

SM Dev John - you stated yesterday on this thread that:

"The wages have been changed slightly so that they gradually increase. Previously players 85-89 wanted around £20k then as soon as they hit 90 wanted £60k. This has changed so players 85-89 start off wanting £20k but increase towards £35k then players 90-94 want between £40k-60k."

Yesterday for one of my division 2 sides i signed Mark Schwarzer (89 rated) and his wages are £44250 per turn. Is this a bug as it doesn't fit in with what you said yesterday?

And if it is incorrect that he should be earning this much, can it be changed if i send a ticket in?