Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

Thank you John for your reply, yes, I have read the online help and understand the points that are made, but it is simply not the case in the game, to give you an example, i have a team with a 78000 seat capacity which won the league in the first year and is second in the second with 2 games to go, yet I still get no more than about 50000, this is why I thought and still kind of do think that it is linked to real life attendances, my point being how and when will I fill my stadium if I can't do it by coming 1st and 2nd in successive years and reaching the quarters of the Champions Cup, I just don't get it, that is what I mean by the statement "reward success".

If you like I can give at least 2 other more specific examples. Like my 55000 capacity team in it's third season which came fifth but got no more than about 27000.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Thank you John for your reply' date=' yes, I have read the online help and understand the points that are made, but it is simply not the case in the game, to give you an example, i have a team with a 78000 seat capacity which won the league in the first year and is second in the second with 2 games to go, yet I still get no more than about 50000, this is why I thought and still kind of do think that it is linked to real life attendances, my point being how and when will I fill my stadium if I can't do it by coming 1st and 2nd in successive years and reaching the quarters of the Champions Cup, I just don't get it, that is what I mean by the statement "reward success".

If you like I can give at least 2 other more specific examples. Like my 55000 capacity team in it's third season which came fifth but got no more than about 27000.[/quote']

What is the average attendance within the rest of the league tho? if the other teams all have smaller stadiums then it would bring the average division attendance lower than your own stadium.

i think is good that they have stopped this for now

if a player just signed along term deal in real life i am sure he would not ask for a wage rise although some players have it written in there contract a automatic raise each year of 5/10% say!

and bonuses for reaching targets scoring goals, appearances etc

i do understand that when a players rating increases on here they want to give that rate of wages, but in the real world these players do not have ratings of such and on here we do not have players getting 200k a week in wages.

so is a complex issue to find a balance. in the real world you could say it was the club that made the player better and of such should reep some financial reward for this and a contract should not be forth coming until his contract has say 2 yrs to go after all he could turn it down and force a move even if it did make him happy or see out his contract and move for free.

not saying i would like this to happen on here but either u keep it real or u keep it reality u cannot do both but u can keep it realistic.

as most keep most there players on long contracts as i do i cannot see why this had been implemented anyways or is even needed some players on same parr in real life get different wages a player who been with a club for long time can and prob will get a loyalty bonus too for his own commitment to a club like ryan giggs for instance

u could go on for ever on this topic but i don't feel that just coz a player had a rise he should get a rise in wages until his contract is up for renewal and i don't think he should suffer loss of morale becoz of this. When u used to give a player with low morale a new contract his morale went up anyway so no change there

only change is he demanding it now due to concerns.

can i demand he plays better for the team than he is, before we will consider wage rise or that he scores more goals for the team before i do.

no not yet but if they do bring it back we should be able to negotiate the new deal!

and when u signing players where other teams are bidding too wages should be included in that deal to

lets see what a can of worms it can mount to

I still think that a player should become unhappy about his wages but not quite as draconian as it was originally. It does have a place in this game as it would help mimic real life.

In real life when a player has signed a 5 year contract they try and honour that deal. Many players tend to start looking at getting a better contract say half way through their contract.

I personally would like to see players at the end of year 3 out of 5 year deal start the negotiation process to try and get a better contract.

The level of concern could start at level 1 and rise say 2 levels in year 4 and 3 levels in year 5.

So in summary where a 5 year deal has already been signed

Years 1 thru 3 happy to plod along content

Year 4 can have level 1 and 2 concerns

Year 5 can have level 3,4 and 5 concerns so if no new deal is signed by the end of year 5 then he walks

Shorter contracts could be pro rata but in principle this seems the fairest way for all.

i do i agree with wot u saying about concerns m8 would be good .

if it was right from when they brought it in would be ok

a thing like this you need to get everything right from the start before u bring it in or there some big losers in the system!

like for instance some players who on a parr do not get the same wages at different clubs in real life and move to a bigger clubs for more money we all know this!

but to say all players on a certain ranking should get x amount regardless of club and others on another ranking should get z is prob part of the problem too.

it may mean smaller clubs cannot have those players anymore coz of these reasons which is bad for the game worlds imo.

cause and effect tinker with caution a lot of thought needs to go in to this coz it will affect another part of the game and so forth

maybe also u need to know how many games a player wants to play a season to keep him happy ,so that would would mean players objectives for the season meet them or they will become unhappy but who will want this, as it may mean a manger quits that club for those reasons and then it remains unmanaged for ever!

also when u have put alot of time / seasons into a club you should be rewarded for this not penalized for putting together a good squad that suddenly you cannot afford to have, players wages in truth can only rise as much as revenue at most clubs and this is a fact of life,

there is a principle involved in all this that is..

if a player has concerns then u have to give him what he wants every time to make them happy again or sell him only for the same to happen to the next player you sign no haggling, no compromise just a one way street

I'm not in second division, I said the second year not second division. If it's all based on the average of the league, why have these large stadiums if you will never fill them, anyway the facts speak for themselves, GC 57, Milan coming third behind Napoli who are second have an average of 70000 attendance as opposed to Napoli's 49000 even though Napoli is and has been secondabove them all season(capacity of 85000 and 78000 respectively), Inter have 42000 as an average even though they are last, yes 20th, yet they still have the third best average, how can that be? Check it out GC57 Ialian first division, if you have a look at soccerstats.com it will confirm Milan, Inter and then Napoli have the 3 best average attendances, so with Inter being last in the division yet having the 3rd best average, I'm sorry but it does look like it is still based on real life figures, if it wasn't Napoli's average should be at least the same as Milan and a lot higher then 49000, while Inter's should be a lot lower.

John I would love an explanation as to how those crowd figures have come about please.

i have a barcelona with 28 players in it, and 10 decent youth players. today i find out that 11 players arent gettin regular games, and 2 players i have loaned out, and have played consistent matchs with another div 1 club. but now the 2 players (g.milito and moutinho) have concerns about being on loan, and not gettin enuf games. the players that are concerned arent good enuf to get on the 1st team, but always play in the cups and shields. i wanted to know if this is a mistake or are sm just tryin to take the **** :mad::mad::mad:

and i want to know if you play friendlys with players with concerns, does it affect their concerns r not????

Ridiculous isn't it. If you sell your whole squad, that should cure the player concern problem :P

Thought this would have been thought through properly first. I know its early days, but there seems an awful lot of flaws.

i have a barcelona with 28 players in it' date=' and 10 decent youth players. today i find out that 11 players arent gettin regular games, and 2 players i have loaned out, and have played consistent matchs with another div 1 club. but now the 2 players (g.milito and moutinho) have concerns about being on loan, and not gettin enuf games. the players that are concerned arent good enuf to get on the 1st team, but always play in the cups and shields. i wanted to know if this is a mistake or are sm just tryin to take the **** :mad::mad::mad:

and i want to know if you play friendlys with players with concerns, does it affect their concerns r not????[/quote']

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

If managers want myself or John to look at their squad (due to them believing they have got concerns when they shouldn't have) then please let us know what club you are referring to and in which Game World.

Lyon

World Championship 310 (Div 1) MARK GONZALEZ, Hoffmann LM/Wing had him out on loan and recalled him staill says

Concerned about being loaned out (Minor Concern)

Level 1 (Date: 15 January 2010)

all the others where wages concerns but now they gone since u stooped those concerns for now!

PSV

World Championship 91

got 2 concerns for players about how many games they played or lack of them RENATO AUGUSTO, Soares 11 league games and 3 cups games played

and

COUTADEUR, Mathieu 14 league games and 4 cup games

Lyon

World Championship 310 (Div 1) MARK GONZALEZ' date=' Hoffmann LM/Wing had him out on loan and recalled him staill says

Level 1 (Date: 15 January 2010)[/quote']

Can't help you with the other ones, but this is definitely correct. If the loaned out concern would disappear as soon as the player's recalled, you could just loan him out again instantly, which would make that concern pretty useless. It will disappear after some time.

I have some questions:

1. Can players get concerns that they won't get called up to the national team.

2. Is it the first team rating in tactics (92), or the squad pages average (88) rating that dictates which players get "lack of games" concerns

3. Sorry to bother the Dev's but I have two players who's concerns I feel are unjustified, firstly Robin Van Persie who was injured for a large part of the season and as such didn't receive much playing time has a concern regarding lack of games, and secondly Steve Mandanda whom I transferred into the team after about 20 games into the season, he has played 11 out of a possible 14 games but he too has received a concern regarding lack of games. My team is Arsenal in English Championship 514, if you could possibly help clarify the situation it would be greatly appreciated

4. And another thing does the player concerns system recognise a players previous rating when comparing the player to the squads current average and then looking at the number of games played for this season and the last one, or does it just say that the player is good enough to make the first team, but hasn't played enough games so is given a lack of games played concern.

5. Does the system also recognise matches played at previous clubs ie. if I transfer Ashley Cole into my squad, he has played 20 games out of 20 for his previous unmanaged club, then I give him say another 8 or 9 games out of a possible 18 is he going to become concerned with lack of games because he only got 8/9 matches in my team this season or does the system say "well he got a total of 28 matches all season so he is happy"

Guys has anybody had troubles with their stats section in the players's profile and the squad stats section. I have noticed player's appearances when they come back from a loan are not being counted, I have send a support ticket but it has been 4 days and nothing yet, this is a bug, how can a player who has been recalled because he is unhappy to be loaned out become happy if his appearances aren't being recorded.

Can other people check their stats section for the same thing, just with players that have come back from a loan.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guys has anybody had troubles with their stats section in the players's profile and the squad stats section. I have noticed player's appearances when they come back from a loan are not being counted' date=' I have send a support ticket but it has been 4 days and nothing yet, this is a bug, how can a player who has been recalled because he is unhappy to be loaned out become happy if his appearances aren't being recorded.

Can other people check their stats section for the same thing, just with players that have come back from a loan.[/quote']

Please refer to a player's 'Career' tab within their Player Profile for how many games they have played in total for the current seeason as well as past seasons.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Why do players who have been injured for 12 weeks get concerns that they aren't getting enough games?

From the Player Concerns article within the Online Help:

"All competitions are taken into consideration except friendlies' date=' however, if a player is out injured then this will not effect his lack of playing time."[/i']

If you believe your player has developed a 'Lack of Games' concern whilst he has been out injured then this may be a bug and you will need to create a Support Ticket under Bugs.

However, before submitting a Support Ticket please read the following from the Player Concerns article within the Online Help:

"Concerns will stay with players across seasons and they will pass from one season to the next, therefore it is not advisable just to look at the current seasons number of games a player has played as this is not accurate."

If you still believe your player has wrongly developed a concern (after taking the above information into account) then please submit a Support Ticket.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Thought this would have been thought through properly first. I know its early days' date=' but there seems an awful lot of flaws.[/quote']

If you have come across any potential bugs could you please post them so that we can try and resolve them?

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Lyon

World Championship 310 (Div 1) MARK GONZALEZ' date=' Hoffmann LM/Wing had him out on loan and recalled him staill says

Level 1 (Date: 15 January 2010)[/quote']

As Phil has righly pointed out:

Can't help you with the other ones' date=' but this is definitely correct. If the loaned out concern would disappear as soon as the player's recalled, you could just loan him out again instantly, which would make that concern pretty useless. It will disappear after some time.[/quote']

"Whilst Stages will progress from Level 1 through to Level 5, similarly the same applies when concerns are disappearing. They only go down one level at a time (with the only exception being when a wage dispute is resolved). Therefore it takes a while for a player to become content again and loose all of their concerns."

The above is from the Player Concerns article within the Online Help. If you have not yet read that article I highly recommend it as it will cover the majority of your questions.

PSV

World Championship 91

got 2 concerns for players about how many games they played or lack of them RENATO AUGUSTO' date=' Soares 11 league games and 3 cups games played

and

COUTADEUR, Mathieu 14 league games and 4 cup games[/quote']

Renato Augusto and Mathieu Coutadeur are both good enough to play on a regular basis in your starting XI :confused:

Yet they have only played 11 and 14 games respectively out of a possible 36. Out of those 11 appearances, Renato Augusto has only started 5 games (the other 6 appearances beings as a substitute) and Mathieu Coutadeur has only started 11 games (the other 3 appearances beings as a substitute).

Therefore the players have rightly got a 'Lack of Games' concern.

The following is from the Player Concerns article within the Online Help.

If a player is not playing enough games then they will develop a concern and you will receive a new Club Message notifying you of this...

However, your best players will except to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between excepting a number of games in between. A youth player may except to play in just 1 game or come off the bench a few times (unless they are good enough to play in the team)...

If you take Renato Augusto as an example, he has only started in 14% of your total games and when you take his substitute appearances into consideration (as this also effects 'Lack of Games') that figure only increases to 38%.

Please note that the above is just a guideline.

Originally posted by Ste

Please refer to a player's 'Career' tab within their Player Profile for how many games they have played in total for the current seeason as well as past seasons.

Seriously do you honestly think I wouldn't have checked there.

Can you please check for yourself Newcastle United GC1, Ulmer, Ortigoza and Donati, all had sub appearances on the 16th of Jan against Tottenham and they do not appear anywhere, Donati shows 2 appearances which were made before he went out on loan, this is a bug, which as stated before I have submitted a ticket which after 4 days is still not touched.

Since players have come back from loans their appearances don't show up.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Since players have come back from loans their appearances don't show up. I have submitted a ticket which after 4 days is still not touched.

If you have submitted a Support Ticket under Bugs then I will let the technical team look into this potential bug.

I should begin by saying that I think the introduction of Player Concerns is brilliant, and long overdue. I have numerous teams which are perfect examples of why this HAD to be introduced. It is obviously not perfect but it is early days. Nobody has yet to have a player leave or even reach a Level 2 concern though, so I am surprised that some are so quick to condemn this new feature.

I do have some concerns about the new feature, mainly regarding it's implementation and functionality, which I have set out below followed by some suggestions I think would help:

1) Player Concerns being run in batches is frustrating as it can result in a pile of Club Messages, which is going to annoy just about any manager on the receiving end. It makes the new feature seem daunting, impenetrable, and is going to prompt people to have the sort of knee-jerk reactions shown on this thread.

2) It is too difficult to identify loaned out players who have concerns because unless you retain the Club Messages or check each player manually there is no way of knowing for sure.

3) It is too difficult to identify which specific concerns players have because unless you retain the Club Messages or check each player manually there is no way of knowing for sure.

4) It is too difficult to be proactive in preventing player concerns about appearances as at the moment there is no easy way to see (without checking each player one by one) how much they have featured for your club. I pity the poor manager who inherit a large squad. We have a statistical view, sure, but this does not show total appearances across seasons.

At the moment we only have a heading on the Squad page which indicates whether a player is unhappy. I think this the Player Concerns feature would be better if it had its own tab on the Squad page (along with Financial, Statistical) that was dedicated to showing player concerns.

On this tab it would just show the type of concern(s) that your players have, and the level of their concern(s) for all players you own (including those out on loan). This would give everyone a good overview of their own players' concerns and also stimulate more transfer activity as you would be able to see the players unhappy at other squads (who of course can still be marked unavailable if the owner does not want to attract bids).

Rather than giving us endless club messages on the days when (excuse me if my terminology is incorrect) SM decide to run the concerns program, we could simply get one message saying we have new player concerns and can be referred to this page. Or, at least be able to delete these messages with the peace of mind that the info is not then lost.

It would also be good if SM could finally introduce the option to take actions on multiple players at once such as the various Transfer Status options (Unavailable, Transfer List, Loan List, etc) and offering a New Contract. Could we not have a tick box next to each player on one or all of the Squad tab views, and then a drop down menu at the bottom from which you can select an action to apply to these players? This would make managing concerns, particularly for large squads, far less torturous. This was needed even before Player Concerns came in but would be even more useful now.

I think we also need a Player History tab which gives an overview of a players appearances for their club in all competitions. Something fairly simple like a column for each of the last three to five seasons, under which it would show their appearances (starts/sub) out of the total number of games they could have appeared in. And a final column showing the totals from the data in the preceding columns.

I think something along these lines would make it far easier to identify which players are likely to develop concerns. All this data is already in SM, you just need to look at each player by clicking on every profile. So, it would not help people "play the system" to their advantage (ie to abuse the Player Concerns feature by dodging it at every turn). This would help people with large squads as well as the managers who inherit squads of any size to be proactive.

Please look at these players -

Barcelona, RUAIRIS ADIDAS SUPER LEAGUE , 20515

All these players have laco kf games concern, but none are good enough to start week in week out in the team i have, and i play 4-3-3 wingers.

G Milito, Frings, Squillaci, Marquez, Gallas, Kleber, Ballack, Del Piero. PLease look at this and fix it