Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

i compleately disagree with all of you. this is the worst rule being introduce to the game. im very upset with this rule of player concerns. is ruining the game me and all my friends are thinking of quiting the game for this reasons. whats the point of playing this game if all of my best players wants to leave the club so what should i do only have 12 players on my squad this is a joke to be honest with u. every team i have there players not happy for not playing enough matches what im suppose to do play them even if they are average so my solution is to buy boumsong and titus bramble and snaderous and beh haim in the bench what a joke this is.:mad::::mad:ad::mad::mad:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

I should begin by saying that I think the introduction of Player Concerns is brilliant' date=' and long overdue. I have numerous teams which are perfect examples of why this HAD to be introduced. It is obviously not perfect but it is early days. Nobody has yet to have a player leave or even reach a Level 2 concern though, so I am surprised that some are so quick to condemn this new feature.

I do have some concerns about the new feature, mainly regarding it's implementation and functionality, which I have set out below followed by some suggestions I think would help:

1) [b']Player Concerns being run in batches is frustrating[/b] as it can result in a pile of Club Messages, which is going to annoy just about any manager on the receiving end. It makes the new feature seem daunting, impenetrable, and is going to prompt people to have the sort of knee-jerk reactions shown on this thread.

2) It is too difficult to identify loaned out players who have concerns because unless you retain the Club Messages or check each player manually there is no way of knowing for sure.

3) It is too difficult to identify which specific concerns players have because unless you retain the Club Messages or check each player manually there is no way of knowing for sure.

4) It is too difficult to be proactive in preventing player concerns about appearances as at the moment there is no easy way to see (without checking each player one by one) how much they have featured for your club. I pity the poor manager who inherit a large squad. We have a statistical view, sure, but this does not show total appearances across seasons.

At the moment we only have a heading on the Squad page which indicates whether a player is unhappy. I think this the Player Concerns feature would be better if it had its own tab on the Squad page (along with Financial, Statistical) that was dedicated to showing player concerns.

On this tab it would just show the type of concern(s) that your players have, and the level of their concern(s) for all players you own (including those out on loan). This would give everyone a good overview of their own players' concerns and also stimulate more transfer activity as you would be able to see the players unhappy at other squads (who of course can still be marked unavailable if the owner does not want to attract bids).

Rather than giving us endless club messages on the days when (excuse me if my terminology is incorrect) SM decide to run the concerns program, we could simply get one message saying we have new player concerns and can be referred to this page. Or, at least be able to delete these messages with the peace of mind that the info is not then lost.

It would also be good if SM could finally introduce the option to take actions on multiple players at once such as the various Transfer Status options (Unavailable, Transfer List, Loan List, etc) and offering a New Contract. Could we not have a tick box next to each player on one or all of the Squad tab views, and then a drop down menu at the bottom from which you can select an action to apply to these players? This would make managing concerns, particularly for large squads, far less torturous. This was needed even before Player Concerns came in but would be even more useful now.

I think we also need a Player History tab which gives an overview of a players appearances for their club in all competitions. Something fairly simple like a column for each of the last three to five seasons, under which it would show their appearances (starts/sub) out of the total number of games they could have appeared in. And a final column showing the totals from the data in the preceding columns.

I think something along these lines would make it far easier to identify which players are likely to develop concerns. All this data is already in SM, you just need to look at each player by clicking on every profile. So, it would not help people "play the system" to their advantage (ie to abuse the Player Concerns feature by dodging it at every turn). This would help people with large squads as well as the managers who inherit squads of any size to be proactive.

As i said before, i disagree completely with the feature, because i think it's unrealistic.

With what you said, i agree in some parts, the others i disagree.

If this improvement(?!) continues.. i think we should have a list of the concerned players, but that list should be hidden for all the managers except us. Like shortlist(and not in squad page :confused:).. The other managers could know that the player is unhappy, the kind of concern, but i think they shouldn't know the level..

they could use it against us to try get an ''unfair'' deals for us when we are in the imminence of player gets level 5..

if in 10 games i had already players in level 1, probably in end of season they will be already level 3/4.. :confused:

And how can be Ozil concerned for being loaned out, if he have in the team before him David Silva, Luka Modric or Ibrahim Afellay and i just use one AM.. :confused:

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Please look at these players -

Barcelona' date=' RUAIRIS ADIDAS SUPER LEAGUE , 20515

All these players have laco kf games concern, but none are good enough to start week in week out in the team i have, and i play 4-3-3 wingers.

G Milito, Frings, Squillaci, Marquez, Gallas, Kleber, Ballack, Del Piero. PLease look at this and fix it[/quote']

I will post more or less the same that I did earlier today :)

Gallas, Frings, Squillaci, Marquez, Ballack and Del Piero are all good enough to play on a regular basis in your starting XI.

Yet they have only played a combined total of 6 games between them out of a possible 22. Out of those 6 appearances, Ballack has only started 2 games (with 2 additional appearances as a substitute), Del Piero has only started 1 game and Marquez has never started (and his sole appearance was as a substitute). The other players you have mentioned in Gallas, Frings and Squillaci have never featured - even as a substitute :eek:

Therefore the players have rightly got a 'Lack of Games' concern.

The following is from the Player Concerns article within the Online Help.

If a player is not playing enough games then they will develop a concern and you will receive a new Club Message notifying you of this...

However, your best players will except to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between excepting a number of games in between. A youth player may except to play in just 1 game or come off the bench a few times (unless they are good enough to play in the team)...

Non of the players you have mentioned come near what they expect to play and therefore you realistically can't complain or act surprised when they develop concerns :confused:

Please look at these players -

Barcelona' date=' RUAIRIS ADIDAS SUPER LEAGUE , 20515

All these players have laco kf games concern, but none are good enough to start week in week out in the team i have, and i play 4-3-3 wingers.

G Milito, Frings, Squillaci, Marquez, Gallas, Kleber, Ballack, Del Piero. PLease look at this and fix it[/quote']

Those are the players that have concerns? I am not surprised they are unhappy if you are not playing them - as they are all high rated players at the peak of their careers...

i compleately disagree with all of you. this is the worst rule being introduce to the game.
All of us? Even though some people here like the new feature and some don't? :confused:
im very upset with this rule of player concerns. is ruining the game me and all my friends are thinking of quiting the game for this reasons. whats the point of playing this game if all of my best players wants to leave the club so what should i do only have 12 players on my squad this is a joke to be honest with u.
You only have 12 players? That is less than the minimum squad size that you are allowed...? :confused: What are they unhappy about? With a small squad any concerns should soon go.
every team i have there players not happy for not playing enough matches what im suppose to do play them even if they are average so my solution is to buy boumsong and titus bramble and snaderous and beh haim in the bench what a joke this is.:mad::::mad:ad::mad::mad:
I don't really understand this. Yes' date=' you are supposed to play players if you want to keep them.
As i said before, i disagree completely with the feature, because i think it's unrealistic.
Players do not get concerned about lack of opportunity, or lack of games in real life?
With what you said' date=' i agree in some parts, the others i disagree.

If this improvement(?!) continues.. i think we should have a list of the concerned players, but that list should be hidden for all the managers except us. Like shortlist(and not in squad page :confused:).. The other managers could know that the player is unhappy, the kind of concern, but i think they shouldn't know the level..

they could use it against us to try get an ''unfair'' deals for us when we are in the imminence of player gets level 5..

if in 10 games i had already players in level 1, probably in end of season they will be already level 3/4.. :confused:[/quote']I just want whatever information there is about concerns to be compiled in one place. People can already see my players' concerns if they click on the player after seeing them marked as UNH. I think whether or not other people should be able to see your players' concerns is a whole other debate... personally I would not mind it if someone sees my players' concerns and try to use it to their advantage.

And how can be Ozil concerned for being loaned out' date=' if he have in the team before him David Silva, Luka Modric or Ibrahim Afellay and i just use one AM.. :confused:[/quote']

Presumably, because despite being young he thinks he is good enough that he should not be out on loan.

Younger low rated players won't mind being out on loan

Higher rated players will. Otherwise, people will stockpile them.

I do not agree with this improvement (?!).. I think even that was a shoot in the feet' date=' because instead of increasing competitiveness and grab more people to the game, many have left because of this and this is only in the beginning.[/quote']How many have left because of this? I don't know anyone that has. More fool them if they have, seeing as no players have demanded transfers yet.
Properly speaking about this improvement' date=' there are things of the reality that are difficult to implement in virtual reality and I think that is one of them .. Looking back, it seems that those who do not play in real life want to leave their clubs .. Is this really true? My answer is no! Has anyone seen Flamini want to leave Milan? Not all want to leave, in SM want all.. :S[/quote']Mmm, but players not playing in reality do want to leave? I think of the team on my mind, Spurs, and I think of Pavlyuchenko and Bentley who are both not playing and wanting to leave.

I don't understand the Flamini example. He has played quite a lot for Milan since he joined, 45 league appearances thus far in two seasons. However, his lack of starts lately has already got the rumour mill going in reality. This seems pretty comparable to what SM have introduced... if the same thing happened in SM there would be a risk of this player getting a "concern" in the near future.

Anyone seen a player on loan become unhappy? Tiago? Luca Toni? Just to name a few ..

I agree that it is not correct that every good player to go on loan gets unhappy' date=' but players get loaned out for different reasons in reality to the reasons in SM.

I have players like Kanoute out on loan in some gameworlds, which is daft. In reality a player in good, regular form for their club would not go off on loan like this. Even if Kanoute suddenly found himself behind the likes of Ibrahimovic and Torres, it is highly unlikely he would accept a loan move at all.

If good players in SM did not become unhappy from being out on loan then this would just undermine the rest of the Player Concerns as you could just push all your unhappy players out on loan and eventually own the whole gameworld. At the moment I have over 80 players out on loan in one gameworld (£450m of players) some of whom have never played for me. This sort of thing needs to happen less for SM to be credible.

The world has a ‘x’’ thousand of clubs, the SM has 80 clubs (in the World Championships for example) and not all are managed .. As would be expected loans of 70 rated players to clubs like Bristol or Morecambe if they are not managed?! Or loan players of lows 80 if you cannot manage in a WC a Rio Ave or a Boro?
I think this is a reason to improve the AI of external clubs, and encourage them to take loans, rather than to do away with Player Concerns.
Also' date=' as players like Fanni, or Maniche can be disappointed not to play? Both belong to clubs external .. have they chance to play there? Or even free agents like Kleber Pereira, Lincoln that no have team, can they be concerned in a team they can play?! Obviously not! So why complain when they can play? Even if the hypothesis is minimal ...

You will probably say that they could be in other team, but if they won’t? if someone not bet in them?[/quote']I did not understand this, I am sorry.

This improvement has two main objectives to stop 'player hogging' and to stop youth 'farming'. But that isn’t what teams want in real life? Have the best team possible?

It is for this that clubs buy the best players when the market opens? We are guilty that on the game there are clubs unmanaged / or external clubs' date=' managers ‘’stupid’’ that we could exchange weak players for betters?! We are just subject to the existing market and our competitors in the same market. We are guiltys because we have an open eye and we spend time searching for the best players while the other managers are in the game play by play and without the slightest effort to buy players. And now, they can buy easily because my/our players remembered that they want to get out of the club? [/quote']SM are not trying to stop people being ambitious or from building great squads. All they are doing is recognizing that in many gameworlds it was going to extremes and that this was to the detriment of other people's enjoyment and long term stability of the gameworld. People who have wheeled and dealed can still do and can still have massive, excellent squads but they are just going to have to manage their team much more thoroughly.

If you sell all the players that showed intention to leave you will have nearly 400 million in cash .. this approach could be the more real that we could get of the game? Or is what we had before that was the more realistic approach of reality in which we' date=' as clubs in real life, we seek the best for the club? Just see the best players are getting focused only on Barca, Real, Inter, Milan, Man Utd and Chelsea .. [/quote']Although the new feature will mean that some people sell a lot of players and find themselves rich, the idea is that by dispersing players more evenly it will give money back more value as it will limit people's enthusiasm for player trading.
If this was also to increase competitiveness in the game worlds' date=' will it actually increase? People prefer to manage ‘’big’’ clubs and put there the best, but will the so-called smaller clubs to be penalized when they make a revolution and make them a great club?! I think that to increase the competitiveness solution was to reduce the number of game worlds existing ..[/quote']Every day I see people joining GCs, stating their intent to buy players, making bids on lots of good ones, and leaving. A few clubs generally have all the best players and are not tempted to sell or trade to them. As a new manager this makes life difficult (although not impossible, of course) and makes the game look silly and unrealistic to them.
I think this improvement needs to have some ‘physical’ support' date=' we could follow the game entirely and making substitutions as the result allows(who thought that Chelsea before the game would win easily Sunderland.. o.O) also the fact that clubs unmanaged can make loans and players do not become concerned when they are loaned out(and play) would be a point in favor ..[/quote']I agree with this. I do think it should be possible for to become concerned at being loaned out, for reasons already mentioned, but not as quickly as they are the moment. If a good player is shunted about on loan for several seasons, I think he should become concerned. Not after a few games though.
Also' date=' in first games of the season when we get a team we use the players more high rated in the starting XI, but later we use the best performers.. isn’t that what happens in real life? Isn’t this what is transposed to the game? The best performers in real life get better ratings in SM? Well, I use best performers in SM because is what makes me win.. and not the ‘’turnover’’ that could be the solution to not get this concerns everyday.. we in Portugal have a proverb ‘’ in a team that wins doesn’t change’’.. I think this is seriously threatened in SM. >.<[/quote']Team synergy is something that is meant to be coming to SM, so players playing together regularly will play better. I think this is to limit constant rotations of players to get around concerns, as you have said. It should also make playing lower rated players a more viable option. The problem for me is fitness; SM need to address this as currently my first team cannot play more than twice a week, and if squads generally become smaller this could become a greater problem.
Also I think this should just be added to the game worlds more recent (less than 1 month)' date=' for people like me who play it for 2 years and half would see their efforts and commitment to the game go down the drain..[/quote']I know what you mean.. the idea though is that your gameworld will become more competitive too.
Guest SM Dev (Ste)

i compleately disagree with all of you. this is the worst rule being introduce to the game. im very upset with this rule of player concerns. is ruining the game me and all my friends are thinking of quiting the game for this reasons. whats the point of playing this game if all of my best players wants to leave the club

Would you say it is good for any Game World when you have players of this caliber sat in a squad never playing or even featuring in half a dozen matches between them each season?

We are also listening to feedback as John has stated and making amendments.

Hi Guys' date='

We are still listening to feedback and have changed many things based on your comments and opinions so far. No one should have needed to sell any players at this stage, this is a new feature and panic selling or similar should not be undertaken until the feature has been running for a good period and a 'final' version is in place.[/quote']

So please keep the feedback coming, however, I cannot stress enough the importance of reading the Player Concerns article within the Online Help and it is also worthwhile spending some time reading the Q&As within this thread :)

To be fair' date=' we'd be talking of 4-5 season's of neglect to reach this scenario and these are the sort of teams which are not necessarily taken up on job offer or picked up by new managers with the situation as it is now anyway.

I'm almost begining to think that perhaps the terminology being applied here is the thing which is so off-putting to so many. Perhaps the use of the word concern is frightening everyone more than it should. The knee-jerk reaction to a concern is to start worrying, but in all honesty going from a Level 1 concern to a level 4 or 5 concern when a player starts asking for a transfer is considerable. We are talking seasons. So many things can happen in that time. The concerned player could get a rise in ratings and start getting games. On the other hand he may not progress and be a potential dropper in which case you'll be getting rid of him anyway. You could have found better players and risers/prospects than him so you want to sell him anyway. The most unlikeliest scenario is the one which most are focussing on - that you will be forced to make widespread sales against your will. by the time your players are reaching this position, the dynamics of your side will most likely have changed.

It would be interesting to hear if any player has a level 2 concern yet. I suspect the answer to this will be no in the overwhelming number of cases and perhaps only in huge squads where there are fourty plus 90 and above rated players. I have many small teams and I manage some big ones. I have some teams with no concerns and others with numerous concerns. But to be honest, I have not adapted my style at all currently. I still play the side I feel will do the job and rotate when I feel necessary. I suspect 2 months from today, I will still barely have anyone on a level 2 concern (especially now the wage issue has been withdrawn). I am fully confident of maintianing squads of 60 players without paying much attention to unhappy players at all from my experiences from testing in Westgate.

Really it is far too early to judge these changes. It's also encouraging that the SM Devs team is happy to amend things as they go along. I think too many are overplaying the impact of this improvement and in particular the impact of a level 1 concern. A level 1 concern is way off from a player demanding a transfer. It should be viewed as such and we shouldn't be getting too perturbed by having players on Level 1 concerns. Once we start getting to level 2 and 3, the position is then slightly different. We may get some squads in due course with a few players on these concerns at a time. But I doubt we'll ever get to the position of a half, a quarter or even more than a handful of players in any sqaud on a level 4 or 5 concern :)[/quote']

If you do go back through this thread you will see excellent posts like Smartdoc's plus many more from other forumers like Teb, Phil (GT) etc who helped test this feature within our test Game World and their posts will give you an insight in to how it works over a period of time.

I think what a lot of managers can't get their head around, is the fact that they perceive the highest player ratings in their squad as a benchmark for what they consider to be 1st choice/2nd choice when it comes to selecting a matchday squad.

Take David Silva is my squad rated 93, not only is he the highest rated AM in my squad, he is the highest rated player in my whole team.

Does he always get selected to play - No - sometimes he isn't even included in the 16 players on matchday. He has played complete pants sometimes so I drop him from my team.

I have Pastore (85)

Canales (85)

Granero (87)

Lodeiro (84)

Pjanic (88)

and of course Silva (93). All these players can play AM.

If we use some of the arguements on these threads you would assume that David Silva and Pjanic must get priority when it comes to game time.

Not so, I will drop players if the team fail to perform.

Managers have got to get used to not hogging the best - do I really need 6 class AM's??? I only play one AM at a time so rightly so some of them should get peeved at lack of gametime.

If SM don't curb my ethusiasm for dining on class players then I will continue to stockpile players ad infinitum, managers then leave my gameworld as I wont sell on the talent.

It aint much fun playing in a league where less than 30% of the teams have real managers.

It hurts having to sell future stars but surely its not fair on everyone else hogging the best if you have an arsenal of cash and time spend scouting these forums?

Players do not get concerned about lack of opportunity' date=' or lack of games in real life?

[/quote']

Yes, they become.. but all the real players that you know had become? Flamini(this season), Farias, to name two. SM are generalising a thing they can't or at least shouldn't.. Seems every player in SM have the same ideas/mind, etc when in real life they haven't.. oh, and that SM concerns thing is just about this season, not considers the previous..

I just want whatever information there is about concerns to be compiled in one place. People can already see my players' concerns if they click on the player after seeing them marked as UNH. I think whether or not other people should be able to see your players' concerns is a whole other debate... personally I would not mind it if someone sees my players' concerns and try to use it to their advantage.

yeah' date=' debatable..

Presumably, because despite being young he thinks he is good enough that he should not be out on loan.

Younger low rated players won't mind being out on loan

Higher rated players will. Otherwise, people will stockpile them.

I had Afellay and ozil loan listed.. i loaned the first that got the loan bid.. but i think this concern is easy to go round.

How many have left because of this? I don't know anyone that has. More fool them if they have' date=' seeing as no players have demanded transfers yet.[/quote'] at least 4 of my friends.. don't know the rest.. you will say, probably managers like these aren't needed, because at first problem they abandon the boat.. but it's a game for family and friends and hurts someone quits because of this unnecessary thing(for me is.)

Mmm' date=' but yes they do? I think of the team on my mind, Spurs, and I think of Pavlyuchenko and Bentley who are both not playing and wanting to leave.

I don't understand the Flamini example. He has played quite a lot for Milan since he joined, 45 league appearances thus far in two seasons. However, his lack of starts lately has already got the rumour mill going in reality. This seems pretty comparable to what SM have introduced - if the same thing happened in SM there would be a risk of this player now getting a "concern".

[/quote']

Hmm, Riera, Kalou, Alex, Paulo Ferreira, Dudek.. do they play? no.. they are all concerned? :confused: doubt it..

the Flamini rumours are because teams see that he not plays and want buy/loan him, wasn't him that demanded the transfer/loan request and i think he is not worried about being benched.. even if this is the WC year..

I agree that it is not correct that every good player to go on loan gets unhappy' date=' but players get loaned out for different reasons in reality to the reasons in SM.

I have players like Kanoute out on loan in some gameworlds, which is daft. In reality a player in good, regular form for their club would not go off on loan like this. Even if Kanoute suddenly found himself behind the likes of Ibrahimovic and Torres, it is highly unlikely he would accept a loan move at all.

If good players in SM did not become unhappy from being out on loan then this would just undermine the rest of the Player Concerns as you could just push all your unhappy players out on loan and eventually own the whole gameworld.[/quote']

oh, i thoguht players go on loan for two reasons in SM and in real life, the first is because someone makes a loan bid and the other is because it's accepted and they will (probably) play. If i own the whole gameworld it's not my problem, i do my best, my job and i should be favoured for what i do.. Have you seen any boss dismiss(or penalize) an employer because he makes his work better than other? :confused:

We, in real life, are in an open market.. did Microsoft had to sell any of their Windows sources to lose all their dominance in the market? They not sold nothing, the others had to improve, searching and finding and are increasing their proportion.. not was Microsoft weakness that decreased that.

Should be the same in SM, if others want have big teams have to work themselves and not buy players because they are concerned level 5.

I did not understand this' date=' I am sorry.

[/quote']

External players or free agents can have games in SM? I believe they can't.. so why be concerned if they can play some minutes..

SM are not trying to stop people being ambitious or from building great squads. All they are doing is recognizing that in many gameworlds it was going to extremes and that this was to the detriment of other people's enjoyment and long term stability of the gameworld. People who have wheeled and dealed can still do and can still have massive' date=' excellent squads but they are just going to have to manage their team much more thoroughly.

[/quote']

So, i am being penalised for the errors that SM made in past.. it's good for me, i am more happy now :) they are erasing with one hand what they made with other.. teams arrived to this point because their fault, and not users and managers fault..

Although the new feature will mean that some people sell a lot of players and find themselves rich' date=' the idea is that by dispersing players more evenly it will give money back more value as it will limit people's enthusiasm for player trading. [/quote']

Even the managers with huge squads have to trade players.. specially if they don't want have any player that will go down and if they want have the next top player..

Every day I see people joining GCs' date=' stating their intent to buy players, making bids on lots of good ones, and leaving. A few clubs generally have all the best players and are not tempted to sell or trade to them. As a new manager this makes life difficult (although not impossible, of course) and makes the game look silly and unrealistic to them.[/quote']

Next, i am seeing Platini and Joseph Blatter to command the transfers worldwide.. the first they blocked to make transfers was Chelsea.. who will be next? B)

These are my thoughts. I hope i expressed well and sorry for the irony i used sometimes.. i not have the brittish sense of humor B)

Yes' date=' they become.. but all the real players that you know had become? Flamini(this season), Farias, to name two. SM are generalising a thing they can't or at least shouldn't.. Seems every player in SM have the same ideas/mind, etc when in real life they haven't.. oh, and that SM concerns thing is just about this season, not considers the previous..[/quote']Of course, I agree, SM cannot replicate the thoughts of real life players. It would be good if player AI improved, so players on the bench at prestigious clubs got less annoyed than if they were on the bench elsewhere. I think SM have to start somewhere with player AI though and concerns are the first basic steps.
at least 4 of my friends.. don't know the rest.. you will say' date=' probably managers like these aren't needed, because at first problem they abandon the boat.. but it's a game for family and friends and hurts someone quits because of this unnecessary thing(for me is.)[/quote']I think it is crazy if anyone is leaving now... it is so early... things have already changed since it was launched and nobody has even lost any players. I have some crazy sides and I am yet to be hurt by the changes... all it is doing is making me rethink my normal methods... which is a good thing. Change is good.
Hmm, Riera, Kalou, Alex, Paulo Ferreira, Dudek.. do they play? no.. they are all concerned? :confused: doubt it..

the Flamini rumours are because teams see that he not plays and want buy/loan him, wasn't him that demanded the transfer/loan request and i think he is not worried about being benched.. even if this is the WC year..

Right, but players in SM who are in similar circumstances would not necessarily be concerned either.

Riera, for instance, played a lot for Liverpool in his first season. He has played less this season for various reasons. Likewise Flamini. I don't see players in my teams who fit this description who are yet concerned.

Even if they did acquire a level 1 concern, this is a mile away from actually leaving. I think people are taking a "concern" to mean their player is definitely leaving, which is a mistake. A level one concern is not even a yellow card. It is 1/5th of the way to a player leaving.

Of course, for some of the players you mentioned, they would be annoyed in SM but not in real life but that goes back to what I said earlier about prestige etc. At the end of the day SM are not trying to create a perfect simulation of reality and one of the big reasons behind this feature is to make the game more playable for the average SM user. Which is probably not you or I.

oh' date=' i thoguht players go on loan for two reasons in SM and in real life, the first is because someone makes a loan bid and the other is because it's accepted and they will (probably) play. If i own the whole gameworld it's not my problem, i do my best, my job and i should be favoured for what i do.. Have you seen any boss dismiss(or penalize) an employer because he makes his work better than other? :confused:[/quote']No, I don't see that happen, but SM are not sacking you or punishing you. They are just changing the parameters in which you and every manager have to work.

I think the "if I own the whole gameworld it's not my problem" remark is an interesting comment. I have been accused of having a monopoly on some gameworlds and shared your opinion (not my problem, I played fairly) but it IS soccermanager's problem as they have to look out for the WHOLE community and they are recognising that most people don't want to enter gameworlds where somebody has tied it up. It is SM's gameworlds, not yours or mine. They don't want to pander to an elite few, they want more happy customers in general and in the long term.

We' date=' in real life, are in an open market.. did Microsoft had to sell any of their Windows sources to lose all their dominance in the market? They not sold nothing, the others had to improve, searching and finding and are increasing their proportion.. not was Microsoft weakness that decreased that.

Should be the same in SM, if others want have big teams have to work themselves and not buy players because they are concerned level 5.[/quote']It is still an open market in SM. The changes promote an open market as by not allowing people to stockpile players indefinitely, the transfer market will be kickstarted. You can still have a big team, as big as you like, provided you can keep your players happy.

External players or free agents can have games in SM? I believe they can't.. so why be concerned if they can play some minutes..

You are right' date=' they don't, but I am not sure of the point you are making here.
So, i am being penalised for the errors that SM made in past.. it's good for me, i am more happy now :) they are erasing with one hand what they made with other.. teams arrived to this point because their fault, and not users and managers fault..
You're not being penalised though... for every player you are having to sell, so will somebody else. Therefore, there is as much opportunity as penalty. If a manager is clever, they will make an absolute killing from these changes - the same as any feature SM have ever and will ever introduce.
Even the managers with huge squads have to trade players.. specially if they don't want have any player that will go down and if they want have the next top player..
Yes...but that's good I think.
These are my thoughts. I hope i expressed well and sorry for the irony i used sometimes.. i not have the brittish sense of humor B)
I always enjoy your posts.

I will post more or less the same that I did earlier today :)

Gallas' date=' Frings, Squillaci, Marquez, Ballack and Del Piero are all good enough to play on a regular basis in your starting XI.

Yet they have only played a combined total of 6 games between them out of a possible 22. Out of those 6 appearances, Ballack has only started 2 games (with 2 additional appearances as a substitute), Del Piero has only started 1 game and Marquez has never started (and his sole appearance was as a substitute). The other players you have mentioned in Gallas, Frings and Squillaci have never featured - even as a substitute :eek:

Therefore the players have rightly got a 'Lack of Games' concern.

The following is from the Player Concerns article within the Online Help.

If a player is not playing enough games then they will develop a concern and you will receive a new Club Message notifying you of this...

However, your best players will except to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between excepting a number of games in between. A youth player may except to play in just 1 game or come off the bench a few times (unless they are good enough to play in the team)...

Non of the players you have mentioned come near what they expect to play and therefore you realistically can't complain or act surprised when they develop concerns :confused:

They arent good enough to start regulary.my formation is 4-3-3 Wingers, and im not changing this formation. my 1st teams is:

GK: Cech(94)

DEF: Dani Alves(94), Nesta(94), Carvalho(94), Puyol(96)

MID: Marcos Senna(94), Xavi(97), Iniesta(96)

FOR: Eto'o(96), Drogba(96), Ribery(95)

I also have Torres, and he cant get regular games because drogba is scoring goals, and i only need 1 CF.

So please tell me how can I play Milito, Squillaci, Marquez, Gallas in the first team, ahead of Carvalho and Nesta, them two are better than the others. Then kleber isnt nearly as good as puyol, Frings and ballack cant get in because of xavi, iniesta and senna. They just arent good enough. then i have my starting 3 attackers, and torres, were can del piero get in there?!?:mad:

so please a sm dev, or anyone tell me were can these players get into my first team regularly. if they play regualry, then the first team will get concerns and the whole thing will end up with 25 out of my 34 snr squad players being concerned. These concerns just arent working at the minute hi!!!:mad::mad:

please fix them:mad::confused::mad::eek::mad:

They arent good enough to start regulary.my formation is 4-3-3 Wingers' date=' and im not changing this formation. my 1st teams is:

I also have Torres, and he cant get regular games because drogba is scoring goals, and i only need 1 CF.

So please tell me how can I play Milito, Squillaci, Marquez, Gallas in the first team, ahead of Carvalho and Nesta, them two are better than the others. Then kleber isnt nearly as good as puyol, Frings and ballack cant get in because of xavi, iniesta and senna. They just arent good enough. then i have my starting 3 attackers, and torres, were can del piero get in there?!?:mad:

so please a sm dev, or anyone tell me were can these players get into my first team regularly. if they play regualry, then the first team will get concerns and the whole thing will end up with 25 out of my 34 snr squad players being concerned. These concerns just arent working at the minute hi!!!:mad::mad:

please fix them:mad::confused::mad::eek::mad:[/quote']

You cant, hence why you should sell them if you arent playing them. If you win any competitions in that setup, it will be because the other teams cant compete.

They arent good enough to start regulary.my formation is 4-3-3 Wingers' date=' and im not changing this formation. my 1st teams is:

please fix them:mad::confused::mad::eek::mad:[/quote']

You cant be serious lol :D

Thats the whole point in the feature, to stop silly unrealistic teams like the above, so judging by that the feature is actually doing its job :P

Of course' date=' I agree, [b']SM cannot replicate the thoughts of real life players.[/b] It would be good if player AI improved, so players on the bench at prestigious clubs got less annoyed than if they were on the bench elsewhere. I think SM have to start somewhere with player AI though and concerns are the first basic steps.

Right, but players in SM who are in similar circumstances would not necessarily be concerned either.

Riera, for instance, played a lot for Liverpool in his first season. He has played less this season for various reasons. Likewise Flamini. I don't see players in my teams who fit this description who are yet concerned.

Even if they did acquire a level 1 concern, this is a mile away from actually leaving. I think people are taking a "concern" to mean their player is definitely leaving, which is a mistake. A level one concern is not even a yellow card. It is 1/5th of the way to a player leaving.

Of course, for some of the players you mentioned, they would be annoyed in SM but not in real life but that goes back to what I said earlier about prestige etc. At the end of the day SM are not trying to create a perfect simulation of reality and one of the big reasons behind this feature is to make the game more playable for the average SM user. Which is probably not you or I.

I bolded what i think more essential in your words.

1st)the worst thought of SM when they tried implement this was think that all players think in the same way.. and they don't think. Some become concerned fast(maybe Benzema), some become a bit later and other not become.. they put the all the players in the same bag, a thing isn't true.

2nd)I know a player(Pranjic) that played 26(in38) games last season in a loaned club and this season in 12 games in his origin club played just 2 and is concerned..

3rd) I always thought that one of the purposes of this game was reflect what happens in real life.. if they didn't become unhappy in real life why become here.. :confused:

No' date=' I don't see that happen, but SM are not sacking you or punishing you. They are just changing the parameters in which you and every manager have to work.

[/quote']

Forcing me to sell a player it's a big punishment for me..

I think the "if I own the whole gameworld it's not my problem" remark is an interesting comment. I have been accused of having a monopoly on some gameworlds and shared your opinion (not my problem' date=' I played fairly) but it IS soccermanager's problem as they have to look out for the WHOLE community and they are recognising that most people don't want to enter gameworlds where somebody has tied it up. It is SM's gameworlds, not yours or mine. They don't want to pander to an elite few, they want more happy customers in general and in the long term.

It is still an open market in SM. The changes promote an open market as by not allowing people to stockpile players indefinitely, the transfer market will be kickstarted. You can still have a big team, as big as you like, provided you can keep your players happy. [/quote']

Since when someone that have the monopoly have to sell what he have to others to balance the market? The competition authority(SM in this case) the only thing that have to do, is see if the companies(clubs/managers in this case) are loyal and don't cheat.. other things aren't of their business.

You are right' date=' they don't, but I am not sure of the point you are making here.

[/quote'] basically, the only players that should/could become concerned, should be the players of possible managed teams that start the game world.

Other thing i disagree with you, is when you say that this was a ''basic'' step.

Thinking about a pyramid, this should be the last! Concerns aren't ''lose ends'', are depending of much factors.. and these factors should be implemented first. Was a pace bigger than the step. (this sentence in English not sounds as good as in Portuguese :S )

I will not comment all that you said, i restricted to what i think it's essencial discuss.

I do get what u saying but COUTADEUR, Mathieu has played same amount of games and a few more than two other cm who both also on a 89 one is DEFOUR, Steven and other NOCERINO, Antonio who's played less than him

both have a higher average this season than COUTADEUR also is reason why they have played more games this season

HAMSIK, Marek the player in on loan is a 90 ranked player he's played most of the games also BIGLIA, Lucas is same age as COUTADEUR has played 21 games and has higher rating this season than him too

but this is the point i want to make i play wingers a lot some time with 3 cm and some with 2 cm/dm

u need cover for the cups as they cannot play 3 times in one week and become nmf. so u need another team/ 10 players and for cover for injuries the best u can afford in other words so theres not such a dip in rating in cups

i do not have a big squad i have players that i need basically 2 players for each postion plus a few youth players for the future or to sell off when they rise or drop in rating.

so what u is effectively saying is that i must play that player more and be forced to rotate the squad more if i want to keep all the players happy and not lose any in the long run or that i must sign players for the 2nd string of games and cover for injuries suspensions of a lower standard than i have!

if this was to stop large squads and player hogging why is it affecting my smallish squad could understand if they had played no games or only a few others have played same as them give or take a few games, i have a few players over the 21 man minimum limit not including youth players.

so to me seems like you is forcing me to rotate the squad and have to play all players equally and not play the best performers this season regularly in front of other players for these reasons, which i find amusing to say the least and depending on how it goes could mean i leave Sm for ever coz thats how strongly i feel bout it! i am the manager after all and should be allowed to manage the small squad how i like, for example if i sold my youth players and had 21 player squad would i get and what effect would concerns have!

as for RENATO AUGUSTO, Soares as i play with wingers alot he can only play in 1 of the formations so he lucky he figured in games he has really.but if farfan got injured then i may change the formation to play him.

I think a lot of people are missing some key points here:

1. This feature has been brought in and rightly so I might add to stop clubs from having 2 teams of 90+ players, it's just not fair on the rest of the gameworld and unrealistic, I mean which team in real life can afford to have 2 or more full teams of superstars, there are a handful, but eventually players as in the game now become unhappy and request transfers, plus let's face it most if not all big clubs in real life loose money which to me is a terrible way to run a business, but unfortunately the rich owners use these clubs as tax writeoffs.

2. This is an extremely simple game, I mean you can't even watch the game for crying out loud, now we are asking SM to make players think and act as individuals.

3. Let's focus on real problems and make real improvents, this is a great feature but it needs to be more visual and user friendly as Teb said, by real improvements, i mean let's bring in all these proposed new features, like watching the game and others, as I'm getting annoyed and frustrated with not being able to have a clue as to how my players are really playing and the stats section is so poor, you just don't know enough, you spend hours doing work on your team and then you don't even know how your team really plays.

4. This is an internet based game, designed and maintained in such a way to make you spend as much time on it as possible, just like Facebook and other siimilar sites.

Just 2 more things, somebody mentioned and I've read this before, in regards to team chemistry, this baffles me, how on Earth can you have Player concerns and team chemistry in the 1 game, on 1 hand you are saying rotate your squad and on the other no, no, you need to play the same team so they will gel, bond or whatever and play better, which 1 is it?

The other simple thing that needs to be brought in straight away or adjusted because it is kind of there already, is the form section, it needs to have gaps if players miss games so you know if you haven't played him for a few weeks, how do you know their true form if between each game they have 1 or more weeks off, the form may read 8-8-9-10-7, but how many weeks is that over? is it back to back games? This is a moan coming up by the way, it is so typical of this game in so many ways, it just keeps you guessing with no real or tangible answers, hence my point about it being designed to keep you on there as long as possible.

I think a lot of people are missing some key points here:

1. This feature has been brought in and rightly so I might add to stop clubs from having 2 teams of 90+ players' date=' it's just not fair on the rest of the gameworld and unrealistic, I mean which team in real life can afford to have 2 or more full teams of superstars, there are a handful, but eventually players as in the game now become unhappy and request transfers, plus let's face it most if not all big clubs in real life loose money which to me is a terrible way to run a business, but unfortunately the rich owners use these clubs as tax writeoffs.

2. This is an extremely simple game, I mean you can't even watch the game for crying out loud, now we are asking SM to make players think and act as individuals.

3. Let's focus on real problems and make real improvents, this is a great feature but it needs to be more visual and user friendly as Teb said, by real improvements, i mean let's bring in all these proposed new features, like watching the game and others, as I'm getting annoyed and frustrated with not being able to have a clue as to how my players are really playing and the stats section is so poor, you just don't know enough, you spend hours doing work on your team and then you don't even know how your team really plays.

4. This is an internet based game, designed and maintained in such a way to make you spend as much time on it as possible, just like Facebook and other siimilar sites.

Just 2 more things, somebody mentioned and I've read this before, in regards to team chemistry, this baffles me, how on Earth can you have Player concerns and team chemistry in the 1 game, on 1 hand you are saying rotate your squad and on the other no, no, you need to play the same team so they will gel, bond or whatever and play better, which 1 is it?

The other simple thing that needs to be brought in straight away or adjusted because it is kind of there already, is the form section, it needs to have gaps if players miss games so you know if you haven't played him for a few weeks, how do you know their true form if between each game they have 1 or more weeks off, the form may read 8-8-9-10-7, but how many weeks is that over? is it back to back games? This is a moan coming up by the way, it is so typical of this game in so many ways, it just keeps you guessing with no real or tangible answers, hence my point about it being designed to keep you on there as long as possible.[/quote']

1) it is more easy in real life a club have two superstars for each position than 400 millions in bank.. a lot more easier in fact..

3) it's more important and relevant for me that, than the 'player concerns'.

i also agree with you in how the form should be displayed..

You cant be serious lol :D

Thats the whole point in the feature' date=' to stop silly unrealistic teams like the above, so judging by that the feature is actually doing its job :P[/quote']

everyone keeps saying about this realistic thing, but the fact is, THIS IS A GAME!!!!!!!

it isnt real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i shudnt be forced to sell players because i built up a great team!!!!! if people want some of them players they can have some on loan, but then they get annoyed because they are on loan and i have to take them bak.

sort this out

everyone keeps saying about this realistic thing' date=' but the fact is, THIS IS A GAME!!!!!!!

and i shudnt be forced to sell players because i built up a great team!!!!! if people want some of them players they can have some on loan, but then they get annoyed because they are on loan and i have to take them bak.

sort this out[/quote']

Soccermanager is a football simulation, which simulates real life, not some magical world where there's infinite finance and players which don't care about playing but love getting paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see, I can use multiple exclamation marks too

everyone keeps saying about this realistic thing' date=' but the fact is, THIS IS A GAME!!!!!!!

sort this out[/quote']

We know its a game, which SM try to make realistic, I fail to see how you can miss such a simple point.

If its "just a game" why are you getting so worked up, they are not real players they are just text on a screen :rolleyes:

as for "sort this out" , this is what they are doing at the moment, they are sorting it out and making things "on a game" more realistic, as certain teams are just silly, uneeded and ruin certain game worlds.

It's going to affect all of us, I'm going to have to sell a bunch of my players off as well, however in the end its for the good of the game.

well if its going to be this realistic then, then everytime a big club (real madrid, barca etc..) becomes interested in a player, that player should become unsettled at his current club and leave. look at this now, all the big clubs become interested in players, so they end up getting them

eg:

berbatov was playing great for spurs, but then united cam interested, he didnt like playing for spurs anymore and left.

ronaldo heard madrid wanted him, so he decided united wasnt good enough for him so he left.

even recently, jermaine beckford scores aganist united, teams like everton want him, so he will end up leaving leeds and move on.

so i think if these concerns are being implemented, then so should this. everytime a big team shortlists a player, most players should become unsettled and want to leave.

thats how real football seems to go, so should SM then

and you may as well give players agents now too, and let the players have more power than the manager themselves, as this is basically how football in the real life seems to go

well if its going to be this realistic then' date=' then everytime a big club (real madrid, barca etc..) becomes interested in a player, that player should become unsettled at his current club and leave. look at this now, all the big clubs become interested in players, so they end up getting them

eg:

berbatov was playing great for spurs, but then united cam interested, he didnt like playing for spurs anymore and left.

ronaldo heard madrid wanted him, so he decided united wasnt good enough for him so he left.

even recently, jermaine beckford scores aganist united, teams like everton want him, so he will end up leaving leeds and move on.

so i think if these concerns are being implemented, then so should this. everytime a big team shortlists a player, most players should become unsettled and want to leave.

thats how real football seems to go, so should SM then

and you may as well give players agents now too, and let the players have more power than the manager themselves, as this is basically how football in the real life seems to go[/quote']

I can tell by all your posts so far you are one of those managing the "bigger" sides who just like to dominate the whole game world.

IF those things above improved SM, then im sure they would be added, however they would be far from good improvments (the only one which is slightly decent is the players getting unhappy when a bigger club comes a calling)

however.... without those things being added SM is still fun to play and quite realistic and without those features above it doesnt really affect anybody does it?

Teams who have the likes of Torres, Iniesta, Buffon, Aguero etc etc just sitting around not playing games does a few things...

1. looks totally stupid, as if in a million years this would happen.

2. Totaly pointless, just stops others having those players to try and control the whole game world.

3. Ruins any chance of new managers joining those game worlds.

There are a bunch of negative reasons, the people who have these super squads will just have to sell a few players who never play games for them... after all if they was playing games they would not be unhappy, so other than trying to "player hog" I fail to see why it matters we have to sell players we dont use and maybe make the game more fun for people with lesser teams or new managers.

Anybody can start as Barcelona, Man Utd, Madrid etc and just buy up all the superstars and dominate... boringggggggggggg

I would just like to raise a few concerns over the perceived benefits of these changes. I am only a level 3 concern at the moment so no need to panic;

1. A hypothetical example. Man Utd is hogging 6 strikers of mid 90s rating. This is the scenario the Player Concerns are aimed at preventing. Due to the concerns they decide to sell the worst two, say Van Nistelrooy and Raul. The perceived and explicitly stated benefit is that small clubs will now benefit from having access to these players.

But with the new finances, what small club will have $25m to buy these players? Why would a smaller club buy players these types of players ie expensive droppers? How can we afford their wages?

There is no redistribution of wealth. The big club gets $50m cash from the sale of their worst player options. What do they do with the cash? They go into the market and buy up mid 80 rated risers which are the sole means of survival of the smaller clubs.

2. The reason I play this game is so that the small clubs I support in real life can achieve a level of success they will never achieve in real life. Without that, my time here is done.

Now everytime I log on and see I have new messages I get that same feeling in my stomach that I get when I see that I have a text message from one of my ex-girlfriends. What are these ungrateful whingers at me about this time.

I've just lost a lot of motivation over this. I already know a young gun like Badstuber wouldn't want to play for my club in real life, that is why I play the game. If in my small club a player like Badstuber gets concerns, after I nurtured him from a mere boy, then guess what Holger, you're not the only one who doesn't want to be a part of the club anymore.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

I do have some concerns about the new feature' date=' mainly regarding it's implementation and functionality, which I have set out below followed by some suggestions I think would help:

1) [b']Player Concerns being run in batches is frustrating[/b] as it can result in a pile of Club Messages, which is going to annoy just about any manager on the receiving end. It makes the new feature seem daunting, impenetrable, and is going to prompt people to have the sort of knee-jerk reactions shown on this thread.

2) It is too difficult to identify loaned out players who have concerns because unless you retain the Club Messages or check each player manually there is no way of knowing for sure.

3) It is too difficult to identify which specific concerns players have because unless you retain the Club Messages or check each player manually there is no way of knowing for sure.

4) It is too difficult to be proactive in preventing player concerns about appearances as at the moment there is no easy way to see (without checking each player one by one) how much they have featured for your club. I pity the poor manager who inherit a large squad. We have a statistical view, sure, but this does not show total appearances across seasons.

At the moment we only have a heading on the Squad page which indicates whether a player is unhappy. I think this the Player Concerns feature would be better if it had its own tab on the Squad page (along with Financial, Statistical) that was dedicated to showing player concerns.

On this tab it would just show the type of concern(s) that your players have, and the level of their concern(s) for all players you own (including those out on loan). This would give everyone a good overview of their own players' concerns and also stimulate more transfer activity as you would be able to see the players unhappy at other squads (who of course can still be marked unavailable if the owner does not want to attract bids).

Rather than giving us endless club messages on the days when (excuse me if my terminology is incorrect) SM decide to run the concerns program, we could simply get one message saying we have new player concerns and can be referred to this page. Or, at least be able to delete these messages with the peace of mind that the info is not then lost.

It would also be good if SM could finally introduce the option to take actions on multiple players at once such as the various Transfer Status options (Unavailable, Transfer List, Loan List, etc) and offering a New Contract. Could we not have a tick box next to each player on one or all of the Squad tab views, and then a drop down menu at the bottom from which you can select an action to apply to these players? This would make managing concerns, particularly for large squads, far less torturous. This was needed even before Player Concerns came in but would be even more useful now.

I think we also need a Player History tab which gives an overview of a players appearances for their club in all competitions. Something fairly simple like a column for each of the last three to five seasons, under which it would show their appearances (starts/sub) out of the total number of games they could have appeared in. And a final column showing the totals from the data in the preceding columns.

I think something along these lines would make it far easier to identify which players are likely to develop concerns. All this data is already in SM, you just need to look at each player by clicking on every profile. So, it would not help people "play the system" to their advantage (ie to abuse the Player Concerns feature by dodging it at every turn). This would help people with large squads as well as the managers who inherit squads of any size to be proactive.

Some good suggestions Steve and we will try and make some changes based on the above this week :)

I would just like to raise a few concerns over the perceived benefits of these changes. I am only a level 3 concern at the moment so no need to panic;

1. A hypothetical example. Man Utd is hogging 6 strikers of mid 90s rating. This is the scenario the Player Concerns are aimed at preventing. Due to the concerns they decide to sell the worst two' date=' say Van Nistelrooy and Raul. The perceived and explicitly stated benefit is that small clubs will now benefit from having access to these players.

But with the new finances, what small club will have $25m to buy these players? Why would a smaller club buy players these types of players ie expensive droppers? How can we afford their wages?

There is no redistribution of wealth. The big club gets $50m cash from the sale of their worst player options. What do they do with the cash? They go into the market and buy up mid 80 rated risers which are the sole means of survival of the smaller clubs.

2. The reason I play this game is so that the small clubs I support in real life can achieve a level of success they will never achieve in real life. Without that, my time here is done.

Now everytime I log on and see I have new messages I get that same feeling in my stomach that I get when I see that I have a text message from one of my ex-girlfriends. What are these ungrateful whingers at me about this time.

I've just lost a lot of motivation over this. I already know a young gun like Badstuber wouldn't want to play for my club in real life, that is why I play the game. If in my small club a player like Badstuber gets concerns, after I nurtured him from a mere boy, then guess what Holger, you're not the only one who doesn't want to be a part of the club anymore.[/quote']

totally agreed. dont forget the players like raul and van nistelrooy will not join small clubs anyway. i was trying to sell danny welbeck from a sunderland team recently [not becuase i have a large squad just for a profit] he refused to sign for wrexham].

too much realism imo