Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

Vermaelen, Forlin, Kjaer, Otamendi, Badstuber, Toloi, Diakite, Zambrano, Ranocchia, Botia, Manoel, Dalton, Muniesa, Machuca, etc, etc so how many more CB's do I need to stockpile?

Granero, Pastore, Canales, Ozcal, Lodeiro, Candreva, Boquita, Coutinho, Renatinho, Kakuta, Ananidze, Bertoglio, Nilmar, Neymar, Muniain, etc, etc, all of these can play primary AM or as a secondary position, so how many more AM's do I need to stockpile?

My gameworld managed teams has gone down from 80% to just 20%, anyone any idea why that has happened?

Do you think I should be allowed to build up a squad of 255 players?

Is that fair on anyone else wanting to join or stay in my gameworld?

These are just a few examples of players that I hog in my Leeds team, not all of them but enough for you to get the picture.

Me being allowed to build a massive squad unchecked just buying risers recommended in the forums has had a negative impact and 60% of managers have resigned.

I can seem to just keep buying risers unabated. Who knows how much higher than a 255 man squad I can go as it was just an experiment on my part.

Can people perhaps now see the reasons for player concerns?

Unless I am forced to trim my squad I will continue to stockpile players and although I might be king of my castle, my subjects seem to be departing my gameworld at an alarming rate.

Being King of an ever diminishing castle aint much fun and if I was a manager in my gameworld would this be a very good advert for either continuing to play the game or even bother with gold membership?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

So soccerfanboy what your saying is that because you have a lack of restraint, and can't keep your self in control, you feel it necessary that everyone has to suffer the same parameters that are needed to keep you under wraps. Honestly mate I am sure that the majority of members playing SM, who don't have time to fiddle **** around with unhappy players etc and are more than happy to have a squad of 21 stars, but only play the same 11, would if they could actually be bothered probably highly disagree with player concerns and besides for the fact that if you count up all the game worlds (in excess of 20000 different setups) there are plenty of oppurtunities to find 3 clubs to manage.

I am absolutely amazed that the word F.A.R.T is prohibited

What I am saying is that nobody should be allowed to build a 255 man squad or 300 man squad or whatever the arbitary figure is, including me.

Yes, I have self control in my other gameworlds, I have a squad of under 30 in some of them and say a squad of 45-55 players would be very manageable. Whether that takes the form of a squad cap or players moving because of lack of playing time or wages that's up to the powers that be.

I just wanted to see in one of the ten gameworlds I play in, whether its possible to build a 250+ man squad of half decent players.

I am just saying from experience, allowing people to have 250 man squads can be unfair on the majority.

I prefer players getting unhappy and wishing to move on if lack of playing time or wages becomes an issue, as they would in real life.

Just my preference, not saying whether its right or wrong.

seems as if small squads are being treated same as large squads and of those hogging players too!

the concerns about lack of games thats is what gets me the most.

my psv team i have taken from div 4 to div1 since i've taken over and do not have any players above 91 in fact i have 2 in my whole squad most are on a 89/88 rating and i have 3 players of 90 4 if u include the loanee i have in.

my 23 man 1st team squad has an average rating of 89 i do not consider this team full of star players or hogging players in anyway.

i just do not think this is a fair way to cut down size of squads, like on one hand sm are saying u can have in your squad and sign as many players as u want by not having a squad cap, but that if u do and do not play them in a percentage of games they will get unhappy and u will have to sell them or be forced too.

this is just not logical to me a squad cap would be..

certain teams will always have better players than certain teams coz they start off with a better squad have more money than you coming in ....

this is a fact of life and they can afford a higher wage bill to. which all adds up to they can get better players in there squad and more of them than lesser teams or u will go into debt to pay there wages.

i think sm should have a poll

should we have player concerns to limit squad size

or should we have a squad cap to limit squad sizes

wot u all think

seems as if small squads are being treated same as large squads and of those hogging players too!

the concerns about lack of games thats is what gets me the most.

my psv team i have taken from div 4 to div1 since i've taken over and do not have any players above 91 in fact i have 2 in my whole squad most are on a 89/88 rating and i have 3 players of 90 4 if u include the loanee i have in.

my 23 man 1st team squad has an average rating of 89 i do not consider this team full of star players or hogging players in anyway.

i just do not think this is a fair way to cut down size of squads, like on one hand sm are saying u can have in your squad and sign as many players as u want by not having a squad cap, but that if u do and do not play them in a percentage of games they will get unhappy and u will have to sell them or be forced too.

this is just not logical to me a squad cap would be..

certain teams will always have better players than certain teams coz they start off with a better squad have more money than you coming in ....

this is a fact of life and they can afford a higher wage bill to. which all adds up to they can get better players in there squad and more of them than lesser teams or u will go into debt to pay there wages.

wot u all think

I'm sure these changes aren't aimed at squads like yours, if you rotate your squad well I think you should be ok.

wot u all think

i think they did a long time ago:

and people said player AI was preferred as squad caps stop you getting risers etc, but may not stop player hoarding as a cap of 60 = very few places for risers :( but still 5 full teams who could be all 90+ which is unfair

people asked for these changes before, then when implemented them said how great it was.

but not they have been in place for a while people complain when they inevitably get a concern.

i was thinking along lines of 30 1st team players as a cap and maybe 30 or maybe less youth players but u do not need more players than that imo

i also believe people buying all the young talent around also is a problem of player hoarding and these players under 21 well not get concerns about lack of games!

another thing is why should u be forced to rotate your squad for example if a player is scoring goals and u played another player same amount of games as him and he has not scored any goals who u gonna play taking that they have same rating!

and if u got a small squad of average rated players compared to other teams in the same div this leaves u at a disadvantage once again!

Its not true under 21's can get concerns depending on rating or squad size, In one gameworld I have seen a Div 3 unmanaged team with 2 players having lack of games concerns, both players being 20 yrs old and rated 72 and 73.

I think a change that could be made is a slackening of player concerns for Div 3 and 4 teams, that way they can get a decent sort of squad a few risers etc then after 2/3 seasons they gain promotion to Div 2 and have worked out which players they need, can sell on the unneeded players, actually challange for something and not be penalised, and considering the wages and realistic games attendances and such other financial constraints, there is almost no chance of a 3/4 Division team player hogging.

The younger players within your squad (especially those under 21) are content to bide their time unless of course they are good enough to play (due to being amongst the higher rated players within your squad). This is because the younger players do not expect to play as many games as older players and therefore won't develop concerns about not playing

It is also worth noting that younger players (especially those under 21) stay happier for longer (unless they are good enough to play in the team) and once they get over this age limit they start to want more games or will wish to move on to further their careers.

so maybe that is a bug in the system or they good enough to play and unmanaged clubs are not set to rotate the team strange though.

i read in previous posts that some managers have 100 or more (230 in one case) players in a team......what-the-you-know-what......i mean what is the point in that - why?? seems like a better question!!!!!!

i am new to SM and haven't still had the experience of managing club for long run. but i am now wondering about the number and scale of injuries that players might receive..yes they will get injured and suspended (my highest rated CB got suspended in the first match i played), but do i need to have 100+ players to back them up......

there should be a cap - say 40 - other wise player hogging will be a big problem. already there are several empty slots in majority of game worlds and it can be attributed to player hogging (extract from another thread), because all the best players are in a team and the managers won't want to sell them....we should not forget that bigger team, in bigger leagues have higher starting budget as well as higher weekly income...so they are most likely to buy the bigger stars......

another question - how the hell do they get money to buy so many players (and pay their wage bill)???????????????

IF u have players with concerns about the amount of matches they play' date=' would i be able to use him in friendlies to sort this out? as i have a small squad and only use him when i have injuries or suspensions due to being a div 4 team with better players...[/quote']

i asked that too but they said the frinedlies wont do anything to players:(

there should be a cap - say 40 - other wise player hogging will be a big problem. a

would not solve the problem at all.

40 90+ rated players = still hogging

but my team has a over 100 players, but they are mainly risers , i would be annoyed if you put a squad cap to stop me buying players nobody else wants anyway....

better player ai IMO

man that sucks :s

I agree with #rooneyisyummy#, i have a team with 78 players, although 21 of them are senior the rest are 67-82 rated youth risers that no-one else wants to sign, we are just trying to invest in the younger stars so we dont have to struggle to sign the more experianced stars that everyone wants rediculous money for......

Just a curiosity, has anybody seen a concern go down yet, the feature has been running for a couple of months now, we hear of all these player concerns, assuming that nobody has actually reached level 2 yet, do we have any players that have lost their concerns, obviously this does not include wage disputes as those were fixed immediately.

On another note, it is great to see the reports tab in the squad section, can we now fix the bug in the appearance tag and player stats and carrer in a player's profile as I've requested a few times now, players when coming back from their loan are still not showing their appearances anywhere, example is Ortigoza in Newcastle United from GC1 now 2 appearances, none on his record, moderators you said you would get the technical department to have a look at it, the ticket has been untouched for a week now, still no response, don't you guys want to fix the bugs?

tell me if there was decent players around to buy instead of risers would u still by the ones u think may rise in future that no one wants to buy.

no i not seen any concerns go away except for wage concerns even player out on loan that gets concerns have not gone when they where recalled.

i think in all reality, if someone has a good squad and others don't thats just jealousy, for instance lyon i manage

i signed SERGIO RAMOS, GarcĂ­a for 70m plus players and that the sort of deal u gotta do to get player like that from another club in that set up!

or they just not selling. but thats life and to say the guy i signed him from was hoarding would prob be wrong imo.

i have 1st team squad of 29 Players average rating of 88 in that only 9 players above 90 rating

i have 30 youth players i think may well rise and 1 out on loan, reason why i bought these players was basically because i could not get anyone to sell players, i may want in my squad for money i had available. So when they do rise and i sell them i can buy maybe 1 or 2 decent players at these inflated prices, but hold on SM now blocks these sort of deals for certain players or says your chairman values him at so much and will only allow u to pay this for him, which is not enough for other manager to be tempted to sell!

then theres the new finances which no one seems to get any money from the chairman no more!

a lot of these changes SM Have brought in when put together don't seem to be doing good at all, in fact the opposite

i will never buy gold now with the way this game is now!

it is init!

So is huge squads for wotever reason like buying 50 players coz a few of them might rise in the future who buys that many players in the real world.

when u take into account wages u paying those 50 players you may of lost money overall or made less than u believe u would of!

same if u bought all free agents at lower price then sold once they not tbd no more!

i still do not think concerns is the way to limit squad sizes nor is saying that u cannot have a squad of decent players for the cups and cover for injuries at which ever level your team is at! or that u must rotate the squad.

truth is after a time all game worlds suffer for different reasons and some teams just remain unmanaged or managers join then soon leave.

In custom setups when the owners gold runs out. then no one can join any of the teams unless someone buys gold then pays to have that league.

it is init!

So is huge squads for wotever reason like buying 50 players coz a few of them might rise in the future who buys that many players in the real world.

when u take into account wages u paying those 50 players you may of lost money overall or made less than u believe u would of!

same if u bought all free agents at lower price then sold once they not tbd no more!

i still do not think concerns is the way to limit squad sizes nor is saying that u cannot have a squad of decent players for the cups and cover for injuries at which ever level your team is at! or that u must rotate the squad.

truth is after a time all game worlds suffer for different reasons and some teams just remain unmanaged or managers join then soon leave.

In custom setups when the owners gold runs out. then no one can join any of the teams unless someone buys gold then pays to have that league.

Mate i think you have this all wrong. Firstly, why shouldn't people buy 50 players in case some of them might rise? Isn't that the point of the game? Sure, the main goals is obviously to win games, but to do that successfully, you basically have to buy risers. Why should people with big squads who manage their squad well, and thus avoid player concerns, be forced to lose out to managers who don't scout etc.

Give player concerns a year or two and you'll see the best parts of it. The well managed big clubs won't be affected too much, the badly managed big clubs and the HUGE clubs will be affected, and the small clubs and the people who whine about everything will be able to buy players off the big clubs.

the pblm is that some "big" clubs will dominate SM (just like some "big" clubs dominate every league in the world)..... the biggest pblm here is money...if u get man utd or chelsea or arsenal (for example) u have talented squads as well as a lot of money on your disposal. it is not the same for smaller clubs (in the same league too). so what u have in sm game world is one or two clubs with avg rating of 90+ and others have no chance........

Thats not true mate I have seen many "little" clubs make it up and be extremely succesful, in one setup the top 7 teams are

1. Chelsea - 92 avge

2. Arsenal (Me) - 89 avge

3. Newcastle United - 91 avge

4. Everton - 90 avge

5. Hull City - 85 avge

6. Northampton Town - 85 avge

7. Cardiff City - 85 avge

and Manchester United are in Div 2 with an average team rating of 94, In a different setup Chelsea are in Div 2 93 avge. So arguably you could say that it is more down to the managers tactics and not the players in the team although they are helpful.

In another setup I am first with Arsenal (avge 85) against the likes of Barcelona, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Chelsea in a European Setup. On the other end I have a Leeds United squad that contains some of the best young talent, (avge 88)

@aitken: i'm new so don't know much abt wht u said...but if it is true then gr8 mate....(arsenal fan too).....

in my setup i'm with newcastle in div 2 and manU and chelsea have grabbed most of the big names (buy/swap) and the div 1 table is astounding (they are "killing" opponents).....

@brandon: why would anyone have 20 CBs in a team at any point of time? please explain....

@prudster: i totally agree that people should be allowed to buy 50 players with hope that they will rise...but the question is what after they rise....definitely when players rise they would want to play more in the first team or they'll be concerned - that's natural......and after they've risen what about other players u already have in your team. yes you should scout to search for the future talents, and when they become better players you should allot them a place in your squad or they will go where there are better playing opportunities available.... its natural............

@prudster: i totally agree that people should be allowed to buy 50 players with hope that they will rise...but the question is what after they rise....definitely when players rise they would want to play more in the first team or they'll be concerned - that's natural......and after they've risen what about other players u already have in your team. yes you should scout to search for the future talents' date=' and when they become better players you should allot them a place in your squad or they will go where there are better playing opportunities available.... its natural............[/quote']

Mate i'm not sure what your trying to argue. I said that player concerns were a good thing, and one of the reasons being that people can buy as many players as they want, and then if they manage them well, they don't get any concerns. On the other hand, if you don't manage them well, or you simply have too many, then you are forced to sell, eventually. As appose to a squad cap where you just can't buy players once your squad size reaches a certain point. People will see eventually that player concerns are a good thing, and only need a slight tweaking.