Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

I have several players on loan to other clubs whom have developed concerns. Do the managers of these clubs see those concern messages' date=' or just me?[/quote']

I was wondering the same thing myself.

By the way appearances still not showing up after players return from loan, ticket 10 days old now, still untouched, beginning to look a little unprofessional guys.

Just some more thoughts on player concerns;

1. There should be a behind the scenes sliding scale so that squads of 30 aren't subject to the same degree of concerns as squads of 130. eg a squad of 30, first team average of 90, an 85 rated player should not develop concerns about lack of game time. As with real life he should realise there are better players ahead of him and he has to improve (ratings increase) or wait his turn (injuries). He should have concerns though if he is 1 of 100 players not playing.

This would ensure managers of clubs with small squad numbers who do the right thing are not punished due to the excesses of others.

- It should be difficult to sign players when you have an enormous squad. Cut the problem off before it eventuates. If we are saying that these players now have intelligence, then why would a 75 rated player sign for a club with 100 other 75 rated players and a first team average rating of 90, and then decide he has concerns?

If a manager who hogs all the risers starts to miss out on the new stars and big risers because they won't sign for an oversized club he will soon trim his squad size.

- Players should decline in transfer value toward the end of their contract as they do in real life. My understanding is that an unhappy player will not sign a new contract. But the player hoarding manager knows he can sell him at full value up until the final week of the contract.

A manager hoarding stars or 100 risers would then say "I am going to have to sell him, may as well do it now while I can still get some cash". This would see a more immediate decline in excessive squad numbers and maybe reduce the likelihood of selling one hoarded player to buy another soon to be hoarded player.

If a player is not playing enough games then they will develop a concern and you will receive a new Club Message notifying you of this. The SMFA can provide no information on how to rectify this situation. Obviously playing someone unhappy due to lack of games will help them, but how many games, out of how many? By informing people of the exact number of games may enable people to play the system too effectively and therefore it is up to the managers to figure out. However, your best players will except to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between excepting a number of games in between. A youth player may except to play in just 1 game or come off the bench a few times (unless they are good enough to play in the team)

so if u had 20 CB'S that all think they good enough to play how could u get them all to play 65/70 % of the games so in the end some will leave and it will take a while for this to happen, but before then he swaps that player for another player of like wise rating, so pls again how does it stop player hogging.

i have 6 cm's all on 89 rating all 21-24 yrs old in my squad and some have concerns and i don't have a huge squad, why should i be forced to rotate just so people can have lots of risers in there squad. why can i not play the players i feel are the best performers in most of the games. to get the best results out of the team! This is also called good management!

1. There should be a behind the scenes sliding scale so that squads of 30 aren't subject to the same degree of concerns as squads of 130. eg a squad of 30' date=' first team average of 90, an 85 rated player should not develop concerns about lack of game time. As with real life he should realise there are better players ahead of him and he has to improve (ratings increase) or wait his turn (injuries). He should have concerns though if he is 1 of 100 players not playing.

This would ensure managers of clubs with small squad numbers who do the right thing are not punished due to the excesses of others.

- It should be [b']difficult to sign players[/b] when you have an enormous squad. Cut the problem off before it eventuates. If we are saying that these players now have intelligence, then why would a 75 rated player sign for a club with 100 other 75 rated players and a first team average rating of 90, and then decide he has concerns?

If a manager who hogs all the risers starts to miss out on the new stars and big risers because they won't sign for an oversized club he will soon trim his squad size.

- Players should decline in transfer value toward the end of their contract as they do in real life. My understanding is that an unhappy player will not sign a new contract. But the player hoarding manager knows he can sell him at full value up until the final week of the contract.

A manager hoarding stars or 100 risers would then say "I am going to have to sell him, may as well do it now while I can still get some cash". This would see a more immediate decline in excessive squad numbers and maybe reduce the likelihood of selling one hoarded player to buy another soon to be hoarded player.

i would have no problems with what u saying and they should go down those sort of lines.

1. There should be a behind the scenes sliding scale so that squads of 30 aren't subject to the same degree of concerns as squads of 130. eg a squad of 30' date=' first team average of 90, an 85 rated player should not develop concerns about lack of game time. As with real life he should realise there are better players ahead of him and he has to improve (ratings increase) or wait his turn (injuries). He should have concerns though if he is 1 of 100 players not playing.

- It should be [b']difficult to sign players[/b] when you have an enormous squad. Cut the problem off before it eventuates. If we are saying that these players now have intelligence, then why would a 75 rated player sign for a club with 100 other 75 rated players and a first team average rating of 90, and then decide he has concerns?

i agree, although the point about refusing to sign kind of causes problems for me, i like to buy risers, not prospects. prospects refusing to sign is ok, but i buy sometimes upto one hundren risers that nobody will ever buy in my setup.

i would be annoyed if i couldnt buy them because they felt they would not get game time , and sicne sm cannot tell between a riser or low rated prospect, this feature would cause problems.

its a good idea, but a solution to my problem would have to be found imo :)

but your ideas are pretty good :)

i agree with the person that said the concerns shouldnt come in batches, i think you should maybe have 5 concerns at a time at a max. if this happens, then the time period for going up and down should also go up.

and i also wanted to know why players get concerns about being loaned out?

it usually means they arent getting enough games at the club their currently at, so are loaned to get games. but then they grow concerns because they get these games?? can someone explain to me why?

@ prudster: i'm not arguing with u. in fact i agree that concerns is a good thing too. and i too agree that they should be allowed to invest in risers and keep them. and i think the primary focus of concerns is not the risers/youths. i think it is designed to give such managers headache whose starting 11 is 95, subs are 93, reserves are 90 and youth players are 85 ratings.

@magua: agree with u mate about the sliding scale and decline in value thing. in fact the difficulty to sign players sounds like just another way of imposing (indirect) squad cap.

@rox: if u don't have a huge squad then u should not have much pblm managing ur players. also becoz ur cm s are rated the same u can rotate them in squad without reducing ur avg ratings...

besides the sm has mentioned clearly that youth/low rated players generally won't develop concerns if they are allowed 1/2 matches and some sub appearances. and they should not be frowning about lack of games in the presence of high rated players who make the starting line up. but the question here is do we consider an 85/86 rated player high or low. yes in a team whose avg rating is 90+ he is a low rated player - but how many clubs are there with such ratings? why should such player be confined to the bench of a team when he can be a starting XI regular in another team? isn't that the reason why Peter Crouch moved away from Liverpool? Owen from Madrid? and recently Robinho?

and i also wanted to know why players get concerns about being loaned out?

it usually means they arent getting enough games at the club their currently at' date=' so are loaned to get games. but then they grow concerns because they get these games?? can someone explain to me why?[/quote']

otherwise it would not stop player hogging. you would just loan players out = still allows some clubs to have virtually every talent in the game.

so to make player AI work this feature has been introduced :)

@ prudster: i'm not arguing with u. in fact i agree that concerns is a good thing too. and i too agree that they should be allowed to invest in risers and keep them. and i think the primary focus of concerns is not the risers/youths. i think it is designed to give such managers headache whose starting 11 is 95' date=' subs are 93, reserves are 90 and youth players are 85 ratings.

@magua: agree with u mate about the sliding scale and decline in value thing. in fact the difficulty to sign players sounds like just another way of imposing (indirect) squad cap.

@rox: if u don't have a huge squad then u should not have much pblm managing ur players. also becoz ur cm s are rated the same u can rotate them in squad without reducing ur avg ratings...

besides the sm has mentioned clearly that youth/low rated players generally won't develop concerns if they are allowed 1/2 matches and some sub appearances. and they should not be frowning about lack of games in the presence of high rated players who make the starting line up. but the question here is do we consider an 85/86 rated player high or low. yes in a team whose avg rating is 90+ he is a low rated player - but how many clubs are there with such ratings? why should such player be confined to the bench of a team when he can be a starting XI regular in another team? isn't that the reason why Peter Crouch moved away from Liverpool? Owen from Madrid? and recently Robinho?[/quote']

you think it would be like that but they do not perform exactly the same some score more goals and get assists and have a good average for the matches played while others just don't in comparison. thats my prob with these concerns

i also think 65/75% is too high say u have 30 players all roughly same rating 89 for example then if my working out is right they need to play 28.5 league games of 38 each... to be at 75% and i guess u guaranteed two cup games as well if say u did rotate squad equally.

u can play 14 players per game too..so say u gave them half all the games u still only on 19 games played with them all! that might be the prob right there SM.

Obviously this just a basic calculation and there maybe other factors but the figures do not add up too me and i do not have the best squad in the setup by far that I'm referring to either but most players are on a level par as i said before

you think it would be like that but they do not perform exactly the same some score more goals and get assists and have a good average for the matches played while others just don't in comparison. thats my prob with these concerns.

no player (in real life) has a good game every time he plays (else manC would have again beaten manU with another 2 tevez goals)......that is the fact.

if there are six 89 rated CMs, they will be concerned about their place in the squad. there is 1/6 or only 16.67% any one will start the game. but you can change ur formations - use 3-5-2, 4-5-1 (with 3 CMs). it will be easy to rotate the squad.

and that 65/70% thing has not been made clear by SM too. how do u decide who is your best player when all of them are rated 89? age? but in a game where players qualities are determined by their ratings why would that matter?

i feel concerns is a good addition to the game and it is here to stay. there is no other remedy but to streamline your squad so that you keep only your best players and leave out all the rest.....

mainly i play 3 in midfield most of the time if u did rotate the squad there be a 50/50 chance that they would play if u did rotate the squad equally

why should if i have a smallish squad and have good cover for every player should i be forced to play players because of concerns. SM are forcing u to do this or they get unhappy / rotate the squad.. if certain players are performing better than others in that position and get better results with them in the starting line up!

i think any manager will stick with them while they performing better than others in real world or in a fantasy world

since defoe got 5 goals in 1 half he has been in the starting line up unless he needed a rest fact how many games has tevez not started for man city since he hit form he in now!

i determine the best players by number of goals / assists and their average over the games they played not on there ranking coz they all near enough the same rating! just coz they have same rating not mean jack....

for instance Arron Lennon he on a 90 in this game but he plays every game when he fit for spurs and when he not in the side it suffers.. without him

this is a game and some things are not realistic at all compared to how the real world works, as i've said before concerns are good in a sense but need a lot of tweaking, and i do not believe it is the way to limit squad sizes or number of decent players u have in that squad.

the team i talking about i have built up over a long time now and taken it from div 4 to div 1 in fact i only have 25 1st team players if u include the players i have out on loan.

is a matter of principle really. small squads should not be judged same as larger squads imo

some say they do not want a squad cap coz they cannot buy loads of players that may rise.for there own reasons !

if u have a small decent squad u are treated the same as a team that has loads of star players and loads of the next best players in the same league how can this be right or fair, some times things seem like they should work but when u role them out they don't work how u expected them too.

they already have for some' date=' but in my setup i have yet to see a concern, but it already is taking place :)[/quote']

I have yet to see a concern in my setup even though we have players like Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Buffon, Fabregas and Julio Cesar in division two...

Are you sure it's been activated in ALL SETUPS?

I have yet to see a concern in my setup even though we have players like Drogba' date=' Lampard, Essien, Buffon, Fabregas and Julio Cesar in division two...

Are you sure it's been activated in ALL SETUPS?[/quote']

im not sure if in all setups thats a question for SM devs....

and just because they are in division 2 dosnt mean they will deveolp concerns i think ?

its lack of game time , opportunities and wages.

or at least thats what i am thinking anyway :)

mainly i play 3 in midfield most of the time if u did rotate the squad there be a 50/50 chance that they would play if u did rotate the squad equally

why should if i have a smallish squad and have good cover for every player should i be forced to play players because of concerns. SM are forcing u to do this or they get unhappy / rotate the squad.. if certain players are performing better than others in that position and get better results with them in the starting line up!

i think any manager will stick with them while they performing better than others in real world or in a fantasy world

since defoe got 5 goals in 1 half he has been in the starting line up unless he needed a rest fact how many games has tevez not started for man city since he hit form he in now!

i determine the best players by number of goals / assists and their average over the games they played not on there ranking coz they all near enough the same rating! just coz they have same rating not mean jack....

for instance Arron Lennon he on a 90 in this game but he plays every game when he fit for spurs and when he not in the side it suffers.. without him

this is a game and some things are not realistic at all compared to how the real world works' date=' as i've said before concerns are good in a sense but need a lot of tweaking, and i do not believe it is the way to limit squad sizes or number of decent players u have in that squad.

the team i talking about i have built up over a long time now and taken it from div 4 to div 1 in fact i only have 25 1st team players if u include the players i have out on loan.

is a matter of principle really. small squads should not be judged same as larger squads imo

some say they do not want a squad cap coz they cannot buy loads of players that may rise.for there own reasons !

if u have a small decent squad u are treated the same as a team that has loads of star players and loads of the next best players in the same league how can this be right or fair, some times things seem like they should work but when u role them out they don't work how u expected them too.[/quote']

@rox: i don't know why you are whining about the concerns. if u have 6 CMs and you cannot manage them properly then they will want to leave. as our good mate prudster points out - it is in fact the inability of the manager to properly manage his club that lead to player concerns. so you think about that too.

again even if you have a "small" squad with 6 CMs with "89" ratings, they will eventually develop concerns because they are all good enough to start the game from any decent side.

facts player concerns is not about tevez or defoe.....it is to address the issues of robinho and pavlyuchenko, who did openly expressed their desire to leave the clubs due to lack of games....jack.....

and if you have only 25 players and even then you can't manage your players well, then such manager should consider a switch of profession....FACT

and i disagree with the fact that clubs with small squads should be immune to player concerns, all clubs should be treated the same. (i have a squad of 22).

player concern is a nice way to test the managers ability to manage his club properly and you should take it as a challenge....there is no other option...either you put up or shut up...

Concerns come into place at the beginning of a new season. EC106 hasn't had any yet' date=' neither has GC52, but the latter has just gone into a new season.[/quote']

Not really, tons of my teams in mid season have concerns halfway through the season.

First of all concerns started et the same time in every non custom gameworld, it was just a myth that they would start at the beginning of a new season, they came into effect immediately. Custom league will start at the beginning of a new season if and only given the gameworld owner decides to activate them as I believe this is optional in custom gameworlds.

As far as players still being concerned after starting 6 games in a row, this does not surprise me, I believe there is a need here for some tweaking of the system as after 6 games straight the player should loose his concern, unfortunately it goes on percentages, so even though this player may have started 6 in a row, he still has only played 6 out of the total possible games available to him to play in, which for him to get a concern must be at least 12 or more, so over time as the percentage of games he has featured in increases in mumber his concern should and hopefully will go away. I believe this example to be common as I myself have a player out on loan who raised a concern about his lack of games after playing 6 straight, he has now played 9 straight and he is still concerned, a bit odd really. The only explanation I can come up with is that because my player went out on loan about 10 games into the season, the concerns program must have a slight bug in it, it simply takes into account all games played by the club which the player is loaned to and says well he has only played 9 out of a possible 19, instead of the real scenario which is really 9 from 9, I could be wrong, I'm not sure. Anyway I'm sure over time inconsistencies and bugs will be ironed out.

First of all concerns started et the same time in every non custom gameworld' date=' it was just a myth that they would start at the beginning of a new season, they came into effect immediately. Custom league will start at the beginning of a new season if and only given the gameworld owner decides to activate them as I believe this is optional in custom gameworlds.

As far as players still being concerned after starting 6 games in a row, this does not surprise me, I believe there is a need here for some tweaking of the system as after 6 games straight the player should loose his concern, unfortunately it goes on percentages, so even though this player may have started 6 in a row, he still has only played 6 out of the total possible games available to him to play in, which for him to get a concern must be at least 12 or more, so over time as the percentage of games he has featured in increases in mumber his concern should and hopefully will go away. I believe this example to be common as I myself have a player out on loan who raised a concern about his lack of games after playing 6 straight, he has now played 9 straight and he is still concerned, a bit odd really. The only explanation I can come up with is that because my player went out on loan about 10 games into the season, the concerns program must have a slight bug in it, it simply takes into account all games played by the club which the player is loaned to and says well he has only played 9 out of a possible 19, instead of the real scenario which is really 9 from 9, I could be wrong, I'm not sure. Anyway I'm sure over time inconsistencies and bugs will be ironed out.[/quote']

in my view player concerns is a good addition to the game as it tests the manager's abilities to effectively manage the team. and i believe these bugs/glitches should be gone one this "everlasting" site maintenance is completed.....

Maybe something that will help people: I've got a player "Concerned about his lack of games" I've given him six starts in a row since getting the concern' date=' not subbed off at any point in the game and the concern is still there.[/quote']

Yeah but just because he has played 6 in a row doesn't mean he has played enough games. He has probably built this concern up over 10+ games, which means it will take 10+ games for him to lose the concern. SM have said concerns take as long to go away as they do to come. This means that you can manage concerns to a degree. e.g. you have two 89 rated wingers. You play one of them every game until the other one gets a concern. You then swap them and play the second one. The second one should lose his concern at the same time that the first one gets his concern. Of course, this theory is based off the thought that rating is the only thing that effects a lack of games concern. If age (apart from being over 21) and morale effect it then this tactic goes down the drain. SM are seemingly keeping much of this information on the down low, which means we have to experiment to find out.