Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

I've got to say on the whole I love the player concerns, but i'm a little concerned regarding player recovery, especially from Wed to Sat when players have 1 less day to recover. Do you think it would be possible to make players recover a little quicker, I've always found that it is best to use say 2 LM or 2 RM and play 1 each game so there fitness is always close to 100% but this means each player gets 50% of games, meaning if they are the same rating and both the highest in their position they will both develop concerns as they aren't getting the 65 to 70% of games stated by SM that the best players in your team should get. So my proposal is simple if players now recover at roughly 8% per day just raise it to 10%, because from Wed to Sat a lot of players are only back to low 90s, which most people may think is ok, but I personally believe it is a lot better to have them as close to 100% as possible, this is a very simple and common sense change meaning top players as in real life can play 2 games per week and be 100% fit, it will also mean you can keep playing your top team for the league and build some chemistry and have second tier players play more cup games, this would be a lot closer to real life.

Please SM do consider speeding up recovery time, it really does make a lot of sense, it already happens with goal keepers and during World Cup tournaments it is just a matter of extending it to the league and cup formats, just a little tweak would make the game a lot more playable and it would work side by side with player concerns.

I've got to say on the whole I love the player concerns' date=' but i'm a little concerned regarding player recovery, especially from Wed to Sat when players have 1 less day to recover. Do you think it would be possible to make players recover a little quicker, I've always found that it is best to use say 2 LM or 2 RM and play 1 each game so there fitness is always close to 100% but this means each player gets 50% of games, meaning if they are the same rating and both the highest in their position they will both develop concerns as they aren't getting the 65 to 70% of games stated by SM that the best players in your team should get. So my proposal is simple if players now recover at roughly 8% per day just raise it to 10%, because from Wed to Sat a lot of players are only back to low 90s, which most people may think is ok, but I personally believe it is a lot better to have them as close to 100% as possible, this is a very simple and common sense change meaning top players as in real life can play 2 games per week and be 100% fit, it will also mean you can keep playing your top team for the league and build some chemistry and have second tier players play more cup games, this would be a lot closer to real life.

Please SM do consider speeding up recovery time, it really does make a lot of sense, it already happens with goal keepers and during World Cup tournaments it is just a matter of extending it to the league and cup formats, just a little tweak would make the game a lot more playable and it would work side by side with player concerns.[/quote']

But what i think SM are trying to encourage is having good rotation with lower rated players. They are trying to discourage rotating players of all the same rating. If SM speed up recovery time then you won't need to rotate, unless you get injuries etc. SM are trying to increase the management side of things. Instead of just buying players and letting them go you have to actually manage them. Makes it more challenging.

Also if you are having problems with fitness, try playing your team less extreme, e.g. soft tackling, less movement arrows etc. as these things increase strain on a player. Another thing you can try is instead of rotating a player with a player of the same rating, try rotating them with youth lower rated players. If you do it right it means you could possibly never be playing your best team as you are always rotating one 'star'.

But what i think SM are trying to encourage is having good rotation with lower rated players. They are trying to discourage rotating players of all the same rating. If SM speed up recovery time then you won't need to rotate' date=' unless you get injuries etc. SM are trying to increase the management side of things. Instead of just buying players and letting them go you have to actually manage them. Makes it more challenging.

Also if you are having problems with fitness, try playing your team less extreme, e.g. soft tackling, less movement arrows etc. as these things increase strain on a player. Another thing you can try is instead of rotating a player with a player of the same rating, try rotating them with youth lower rated players. If you do it right it means you could possibly never be playing your best team as you are always rotating one 'star'.[/quote']

I do have some of these strategies in place already, like the rotation of players of a different rating, I was just giving an example in regards to 2 players having the same rating. The idea of playing your best team is 1 that a lot of people agree with, hence the proposals to bring in team chemistry, it really is twelve or a dozen, it is much the same thing, because I did state that you would play your second tier team in your cup games, hence your lower rated players getting game time, so player concerns would still be effective, if you really ignored certain players and did not play them in any competition, you would loose them.

So to sum it up you could still have a mixed team of stars and risers or lower rated players, meaning you would have to manage them effectively, it would just mean that as it happens in real life you could put your best team on the park for every game, anyway such is the beauty of this game, it has many different angles it can be viewed from.

ok tell me if i have 21 players in the squad only what affect will concerns have

seeing as u cannot have less than that!

also i thought a managers job was to manage how he sees fit not of that of the ruling body who tell him what he must do. maybe u need to make clear to a player on signing him and start of the season what his role in the squad will be too.

tell me the teams that rotate there squads like sm are suggesting you should

"you played real well last week and scored five goals son... but u not playing next week coz i need to rotate" in fact that would prob give that player concerns he not getting a run in the team!

i heard news today keano maybe on his way to sunderland no hearing of concerns yet from him he been on the bench alot is out of form and i can see why he not starting and why he would want to go.

but hear this if a manager feels for what ever reason that he must stay and see out his contract thats what will happen and maybe a free agent should be a free agent on here too and no transfer fee should be paid if he out of contract.

just like real world

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=59461

"i have a very large squad, with youngsters like KJAER, OTAMENDI, RAJKOVIC, SCHENNIKOV, BADSTUBER, ALDERWEIRELD, TOLOI in defence

In MID i have youngsters like ASAMOAH, COLLISON, PAULO HENRIQUE, GIULIANO and SANDRO

none of these players feature in my 1st team yet! (apart from Kjaer) but i dont want to lose any of them if in a year or so they are around the 90 mark and would fit into my team."

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=59463

"My AM/Wing are as follows

PABLO HERNANDEZ 90

MATA 91

INIESTA 96

ARSHAVIN 94

OZIL 90

MARIN 89

HAZARD 87"

in my view these squads should develop player concerns....

in my view if you have a large squad i can see you having to lose some players due to concerns, As for which players well info from SM is vague but

could be any that could play and are not meeting the criteria that Sm have set out ( wot ever that is)

the more important point is say if you have an all star line up for you 1st team and then a line up of highly rated youngsters as back up ie 2nd string

surely as the players ahead of them are so much better they cannot expect to play many games for these reasons and if they do become unhappy why did they sign for the club or SM allow them to in the first place.

not that i am saying that is wrong all depends on how many players you do actually have in your squad

always gonna be a few players at most clubs not playing for various reasons in fact some players happy to warm the bench as they earn more money at that club than if they went to another and played regular! and have refused moves to other clubs and are happy to warm the bench.

some decent young players go to smaller clubs to further there development as they will play a lot more then move to bigger club, others choose to go to a big club and bide their time, and go out on loan a lot.

seems there is no flexibility with concerns in this matter. All players good enough to play will become concerned if they do not play X amount of games.

in my view if you have a large squad i can see you having to lose some players due to concerns' date=' As for which players well info from SM is vague but

could be any that could play and are not meeting the criteria that Sm have set out ( wot ever that is)

the more important point is say if you have an all star line up for you 1st team and then a line up of highly rated youngsters as back up ie 2nd string

surely as the players ahead of them are so much better they cannot expect to play many games for these reasons and if they do become unhappy why did they sign for the club or SM allow them to in the first place.

not that i am saying that is wrong all depends on how many players you do actually have in your squad

always gonna be a few players at most clubs not playing for various reasons in fact some players happy to warm the bench as they earn more money at that club than if they went to another and played regular! and have refused moves to other clubs and are happy to warm the bench.

some decent young players go to smaller clubs to further there development as they will play a lot more then move to bigger club, others choose to go to a big club and bide their time, and go out on loan a lot.

seems there is no flexibility with concerns in this matter. All players good enough to play will become concerned if they do not play X amount of games.[/quote']

small clubs should not have any problems managing their squad,,,,because with rotation and substitution all players can have adequate number of games....

having an all star team doesn't mean your high rated youngsters don't want to play and show their skills. they also desire certain amount of match time to develop their play. also that SM have made it clear that youth players will be happy with 1 or 2 starts and few sub appearances. you can play your youth in the cup matches to keep them "unconcerned".......

....and if you can manage your squad properly, player concerns should not be an issue for you, if you have a squad of 20 or 120 players....

p.s: it is nice to know that you think player concerns is a good thing, even after all the bickering you posted in this thread.....

maybe a new concern needs to be introduced also

player wants to be loaned out to a club he will play games at!

think this would be a good addition for players on their 1st concern about lack of games that are not getting many and will not meet the x amount of games threshold !

or a player wants to leave (straight no concerns) coz another player is giving his girl one!!

hehehe

I Think This Could Ruin The Way I Do My Tactics. I Swap All Of The Players After Every Match, And I Have Recently Had Lack Of Games Concerns After Playing 16 Matches, Half Of The Season.

If This Happens To All Of My Team, Ill Probably End Up Quitting.

I Think This Could Ruin The Way I Do My Tactics. I Swap All Of The Players After Every Match' date=' And I Have Recently Had Lack Of Games Concerns After Playing 16 Matches, Half Of The Season.

If This Happens To All Of My Team, Ill Probably End Up Quitting.[/quote']

Ditto to that - with the current way matches are schelduled in GC's you can conciverably have a game on Friday/Saturday/Monday/Wednesday/Saturday - you need 2 seperate teams if you don't want your team going NMF and then cup team players get concerns and I had a player devlop a concern that had just come back from injury and couldn't play anyway.

I want to manage my team and not get told how to manage it by restrictive polices like player concerns, its taking the fun out of the game slowly and surely

Ditto to that - with the current way matches are schelduled in GC's you can conciverably have a game on Friday/Saturday/Monday/Wednesday/Saturday - you need 2 seperate teams if you don't want your team going NMF and then cup team players get concerns and I had a player devlop a concern that had just come back from injury and couldn't play anyway.

I want to manage my team and not get told how to manage it by restrictive polices like player concerns' date=' its taking the fun out of the game slowly and surely[/quote']

Perhaps the way you manage your team is making other players SM experience a lesser one. I see a lot of managers have their first team and backup team all the same approx. ratings. This is what SM are trying to cut out. Try having lower rated backup players and integrating them into your team in such a way that you have a mix of first team players and backup players in every game. However, SM probably need to fix hat scheduling because when the match day experience etc. comes in your gonna get owned.

Perhaps the way you manage your team is making other players SM experience a lesser one. I see a lot of managers have their first team and backup team all the same approx. ratings. This is what SM are trying to cut out. Try having lower rated backup players and integrating them into your team in such a way that you have a mix of first team players and backup players in every game. However, SM probably need to fix hat scheduling because when the match day experience etc. comes in your gonna get owned.

You could easily turn that around and say that player concerns will make some peoples SM experience a lesser one. Arguably the managers that have squads of 22 or more 90+ players, have worked extremely hard to get that squad, building it up over many seasons, and while I agree that it may not be "fair" that some teams have a lot of really good players, there are plenty of players to go around.

You could easily turn that around and say that player concerns will make some peoples SM experience a lesser one. Arguably the managers that have squads of 22 or more 90+ players' date=' have worked extremely hard to get that squad, building it up over many seasons, and while I agree that it may not be "fair" that some teams have a lot of really good players, there are plenty of players to go around.[/quote']

Except SM are trying to please the masses, not just the select few who happen to stick with the big clubs for more than a few seasons and thus pick up most of the high rated players. Atm one manager with a team full of stars can make a game world basically unplayable, and thus causes people to leave. By introducing player concerns, SM are moving towards a time where game worlds are less empty and there are less where there is only one dominant manager. Sure it may make the manager's with the huge squads SM experience a lesser one, but it increases the fun for so many more. Well, that's the plan. If more game worlds can end up like EC 106 then this game will be a better game in my opinion.

How do we know SM are pleasing the masses, considering how many members SM has compared to the SM forum, now if we consider that probably 65-75% of the forum members are complaining about player concerns. We can easily see that in general SM users don't want player concerns. Personally I am undecided, I have a few large teams with some good players not the best but not the worst and on the other end I have a Bradford City team that started in Div 4, now in Div 2 with a squad of 110 players all brought when they were below 80, so my Arsenal team probably won't be affected, were as my "smallest" team, Bradford will cop it, and yet to build both teams I have spent countless hours searching for risers, bidding my time to buy good players and getting into bidding wars, and with player concerns, all those hours just fly out the window.

once again this is what Sm are trying to do i here ya......

limit the squad, but as i said before say u have a basic squad all 89 rated players and another team has a 1st eleven of 94 rated players and above and a 2nd string of 89 rated players both in same league don't seem right or fair that u should be treated the same and i not talking about a large squad.

have they never heard of competition for places either....

i think it is totally wrong to say u should get lower rated players than your 1st team for back up etc in all the spill about concerns they SM no mention anything about what if the squad is same rating or all players in it are on a level par and this is what a lot of teams have, a good replacement for each position that is needed also as i said before 65/75% maybe too high considering u must have a squad of 21 players and if all think they should play (which in the real world is wot most teams are looking to achieve)

1st u say u must rotate the squad then u say u must sign lower rated players as cover just admit there a big prob with this part of the concerns and tweaking fitness is just lame atempt to fix a bad problem with concerns

another thing seems unmanaged teams cannot manage there squad either and have got concerns! about lack of games

i have noticed this in a custom league with only a few managers left and no one can take over the other teams due to the owner not renewing his gold and leaving another reason why a good league i was in has died!

wonder how often this happens!

now if we consider that probably 65-75% of the forum members are complaining about player concerns. We can easily see that in general SM users don't want player concerns.

when SM announced plans of player ai / concerns people jumped to the idea and said it would make the idea so much better.

i remember a vote on the game news overwhelmingly showing people in favour of concerns.

i think people are complaining about concerns cos they have realised they may loose a player or two.

what they really wanted was, everybody in my setup affected by concerns but not me option, although i dont think SM will introduce their preferred choice tbh.

and btw Aitken, the above is not aimed directly at you in anyway at all, it is just my opinion of others on this forum and is in no way criticising you or your post /opinion :)

i don't understand why people are so much against player concerns. i joined SM a couple of weeks ago, had 7 league games, and i am in support of the concept of player concern. i mean why should you be afraid of the aspect of the game that actually tests your managerial ability.

if you have 22 90+ rated stars, there will be unhappy players due to lack of place in the squad. although it does feels good to back up a 94 rated gk with another 94, 94 rated cf with another 94, it leads to a gap in squad strength. some squads will obviously dominate the game, while others are confined to being onlookers.

there are people who've been playing this game for couple of years. in the past maybe having 100+ player in a squad was not a problem, but now the game is changing. and instead of accepting the change, most people are voicing against it. it seems to have added a whole new dimension of player management to the game, and yet "managers" are trying to run away from it...

if again there is a poll/vote about player ai/concerns - i'll vote for it.....

once again this is what Sm are trying to do i here ya......

limit the squad' date=' but as i said before say u have a basic squad all 89 rated players and another team has a 1st eleven of 94 rated players and above and a 2nd string of 89 rated players both in same league don't seem right or fair that u should be treated the same and i not talking about a large squad.

have they never heard of competition for places either....

i think it is totally wrong to say u should get lower rated players than your 1st team for back up etc in all the spill about concerns they SM no mention anything about what if the squad is same rating or all players in it are on a level par and this is what a lot of teams have, a good replacement for each position that is needed also as i said before 65/75% maybe too high considering u must have a squad of 21 players and if all think they should play (which in the real world is wot most teams are looking to achieve)

1st u say u must rotate the squad then u say u must sign lower rated players as cover just admit there a big prob with this part of the concerns and tweaking fitness is just lame atempt to fix a bad problem with concerns

another thing seems unmanaged teams cannot manage there squad either and have got concerns! about lack of games

i have noticed this in a custom league with only a few managers left and no one can take over the other teams due to the owner not renewing his gold and leaving another reason why a good league i was in has died!

wonder how often this happens![/quote']

just out of curiosity - how many players does yous "small" squad has, and what are the concerns they've developed? can you post a link to that squad?

as i said - just out of curiosity....

i somewhat agree with REDDEVIL.

yes, player concern is a good addition to the game but it is pretty much vague. SM should clearly come out with a policy better than the current one, clarifying the concerns (esp the lack of games). instead of just saying "your best players will except to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between excepting a number of games in between.", SM should be more clear about the definition of "best players".

here is what i think can be done: the number of games that a player wants to play should depend upon his rating. for example, 90+ players want to play 20-25 games, 85-89 players want to play 15-20 games,and the rest players should be happy "just to play a handful of games", because there are much better players in the team. that is just a rough calculation and the programmers at SM are better mathematicians than me.......

it is just a thought.......