Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

I think that both the questions I issued are not explained in the online help nor in the SM Game News... Can you please kindly add in the details regarding my queries?? Please... :o

Hi RTK,

I have replied to your questions in my last post, however, I will check to see if it is covered in the Player Concerns article, and if it is missing I will add it :).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Another point that doesn't appear have been mentioned with regard to "Player Concerns". I've just noticed that Game World owners have the ability to turn this feature off at the start of a season :). Nice

Hi Sleeps,

We are giving Custom Game World owners more options in relation to what they do or don't want within their Game Worlds, and the option to choose what type of economy you want or whether you want Player Concerns on/off is just the start :).

obviously as a players concerns start to grow his morale will go down yes?

so if when he does move clubs and his concern returns to zero will his morale go up?

as that seems a major problem to me - buying a player you really want but his morale being low - seems to take forver to build up.

i think any player who moves to a new club should have his morale boosted immediately 75 minimum maybe even 90 [could depend on squad factors] i just hate buying a player and then noticing his morale is 40.. 3 seasons later youve renewed his contract every season and played him when you can and his morale is 43 even in the youth squad :rolleyes:

happens to me all the time

Becoming concerned isn't a problem. Letting concerns develop to the point were a player demands a transfer is. This would take at quickest over a season to happen in a WC or EC. This in effect is over 4 months in real terms.

This still bothers me. I have bought Maicosuel with one of my teams. The player was 23 years old when i bought him and was rated 84. That means he was old enough to grow concerns and his rating too low to play for me. Now he got a +1 to 85 at the last ratings change which is still not enough to play for my team and he will be rated again in 6 months. That is plenty of time to grow concerned and move.

What am i supposed to do? Sell the player for half SM value because that is the best offer i could get? Play him and lose games? In reality the player is good enough to play for a team that is top-5 in Germany and doing well. It is a player who i want to keep and who i believe could be part of my first team one year down the road.

What can i do in a case like this? And i have many that are similar. If you grow your own talents you regularly have players age 22-25 who aren't good enough to play, and in many cases just because their SM ratings adjust slower than real life quality does.

I think this is a great idea on the whole but it will screw over my 120 man AFC Bournemouth in a GC.

PLenty of my players arent good enough to play atm' date=' but will develop eventually into good players.

Looks like im gonna have to give up on performances and play 78 rated players just to keep em ![/quote']

This still bothers me. I have bought Maicosuel with one of my teams. The player was 23 years old when i bought him and was rated 84. That means he was old enough to grow concerns and his rating too low to play for me. Now he got a +1 to 85 at the last ratings change which is still not enough to play for my team and he will be rated again in 6 months. That is plenty of time to grow concerned and move.

What am i supposed to do? Sell the player for half SM value because that is the best offer i could get? Play him and lose games? In reality the player is good enough to play for a team that is top-5 in Germany and doing well. It is a player who i want to keep and who i believe could be part of my first team one year down the road.

What can i do in a case like this? And i have many that are similar. If you grow your own talents you regularly have players age 22-25 who aren't good enough to play' date=' and in many cases just because their SM ratings adjust slower than real life quality does.[/quote']

I think you are both jumping the gun. How do you know these players will develop concerns? If this had been in place for a few months and these players had actually developed concerns then I could understand these sort of comments.

The system is designed NOT to do what you are commenting about, fringe players like the ones you are describing will be happy to play just a handful of games, maybe a handful a few sub appearances and a few cup games.

Until you start actually getting concerns I don't think the above comments are worth writing. Its just wild speculation!! :confused:

As I have previously written, this feature has been tested for 6 months

It will only really effect managers who have both BUFFON and CASILLAS in their team, and BUFFON never plays. That is what it is designed to stop. However if you never play your fringe players, season after season then they too will slowly get concerns.

The other key thing to bear in mind is that this will be happening at all clubs not just at yours. Therefore players at other clubs will be developing concerns which gives you OPPORTUNITIES to take ADVANTAGE of the new feature and get players that you previously would not be able to. This feature is not all negative, it could really spice up some Game Worlds and the transfer market!

obviously as a players concerns start to grow his morale will go down yes?

so if when he does move clubs and his concern returns to zero will his morale go up?

as that seems a major problem to me - buying a player you really want but his morale being low - seems to take forver to build up.

i think any player who moves to a new club should have his morale boosted immediately 75 minimum maybe even 90 [could depend on squad factors] i just hate buying a player and then noticing his morale is 40.. 3 seasons later youve renewed his contract every season and played him when you can and his morale is 43 even in the youth squad :rolleyes:

happens to me all the time

what about this dev can you answer for me? its a problem i encounter often...

I think you are both jumping the gun. How do you know these players will develop concerns? If this had been in place for a few months and these players had actually developed concerns then I could understand these sort of comments.

The other key thing to bear in mind is that this will be happening at all clubs not just at yours. Therefore players at other clubs will be developing concerns which gives you OPPORTUNITIES to take ADVANTAGE of the new feature and get players that you previously would not be able to. This feature is not all negative' date=' it could really spice up some Game Worlds and the transfer market![/quote']

Im not jumping the gun, i know this will happen, obviously with a 120 + man team alot of player wont get a single game for me ! the ones rated 70-78. It inevitable that they will eventually grow concerns. Like i said, il just have to throw them a game from time to time , on a serious note will a coming on a sub have the same anti effect towards concerns as starting does ?

Finally i appreciate that it will happen to other clubs, in essence, if im to lose 20 players for example, there will be alot more than 20 players i can pick up out there under similar cicrumstances, just a pain that i have to play low rated player that i definately want to keep like Patricio Rodriguez, Reinartz, Neymar etc etc :-)

Like i said i think its a great addition, just not so much for my Bournemouth team inparticular, finally i know its been tested, i read the thread concerned with this addition regularly when you was recieving feedback, as far as im aware no one in the westgate setup has a 120+ man squad

Adamski - i'm under the impression that players under 21 aren't affected so the likes of Neymar and Rodriguez won't be bothered if they're not getting a game.

SM - what i'd like to know is if there's a rough average rating a player should be expecting to play. For example i have a team where the first XI average is 92. So will a player like Ramires who is rated 89 and a great prospect but not good enough to get into my team, develop concerns that he's not playing?

At 3 ratings below the first XI average, surely he should realise he's not good enough to get in the team?

I'd accept a 91 rated player to grow concerns if he wasn't playing as thats just 1 below my team average but wondered how many ratings within the team average a player will grow concerns?

SM - what i'd like to know is if there's a rough average rating a player should be expecting to play. For example i have a team where the first XI average is 92. So will a player like Ramires who is rated 89 and a great prospect but not good enough to get into my team' date=' develop concerns that he's not playing?[/quote']

I would have thought that any player rated 89 would expect to play 60%-70% regardless of whether your big guns are rated over 90

This is why I think they introduced the change. Any player rated 89 should expect to be getting games, so without being 100% certain, this player will quickly get peeved off with not playing on a regular basis.

Play him or sell him.

Its great to say that although you may lose alot of players whose morale bottoms out you can also pick up players who become concerned.. but who wants to buy a player with 10% morale - its impossible to get their morale back up...

so when a concerned player moves clubs does his morale go back up to a more acceptable level or do they stay damaged goods?

Having now read the thread, I have a question Ste/devs,

I saw that players can demand transfers if the squad size is only 21. How does this work then? Are you required to find a replacement straight away, or does the chairman intervene (as with squads with only one GK up till recently) and "acquire" a player for you? and is the same true of Unmanaged teams also? Would they be forced to go below the 21-man level?

SM - what i'd like to know is if there's a rough average rating a player should be expecting to play. For example i have a team where the first XI average is 92. So will a player like Ramires who is rated 89 and a great prospect but not good enough to get into my team' date=' develop concerns that he's not playing?

At 3 ratings below the first XI average, surely he should realise he's not good enough to get in the team?

I'd accept a 91 rated player to grow concerns if he wasn't playing as thats just 1 below my team average but wondered how many ratings within the team average a player will grow concerns?[/quote']

Team average is irrelevant to the hapiness/unhappiness when it comes to how many games a player has played. More important is the ratings of other players playing in the same position as Ramires. If there are vastly better players than him ratings wise, he won't develop concerns in a hurry. He may after a few seasons, but presumably by then he will have risen further in ratings and you would be playing him :). Westgate set-up ran an accelerated programme of player concerns. Despite this, none of my players currently have a significant level of concern (level 4 concern or above). The only ones who even have a slight concern are those who have been at the club for 4-5 seasons and had little game time. Players such as Acquafresca who is on par rating-wise with the 2nd best forward at my club (Jovetic) has only a level 1 concern despite playing only 10 games in his four seasons at the club (around 20% of games when he would really expect to chare the second striker role with Jovetic equally i.e 50%).

Its great to say that although you may lose alot of players whose morale bottoms out you can also pick up players who become concerned.. but who wants to buy a player with 10% morale - its impossible to get their morale back up...

so when a concerned player moves clubs does his morale go back up to a more acceptable level or do they stay damaged goods?

This sounds like a bug to be honest. Most players have low morale or unhappy because their wage is not at the correct level in my experience. when you purchase a player' date=' their wages reach the appropriate level and their morale should go up respectively.

If on the other hand morale is low due to them not playing, then it certainly should go when they start playing. I'm yet to see this fail to materialise in any gameworld I compete in, so I would report it as a bug if this is the case. Obviously if you purchase a player and then don't play them, then morale will not go up. If anything, Westgate examples have shown morale works perfectly and as it should and I think you should find that too now the new changes are in place, particularly as morale is paramount to assessing impending levels of concern

Having now read the thread, I have a question Ste/devs,

I saw that players can demand transfers if the squad size is only 21. How does this work then? Are you required to find a replacement straight away, or does the chairman intervene (as with squads with only one GK up till recently) and "acquire" a player for you? and is the same true of Unmanaged teams also? Would they be forced to go below the 21-man level?

Squads will go below the 21 man level in this case. A player who has reached a level 5 concern will be sold after 3-5 days of bidding to the highest bidder by the chairman irrespective of squad size. It's up to you whether you replace the player immediately, but clearly it could impact on your dealings much as it does for unmanaged clubs (though there hasn't been a precedent for this in Westgate I must admit). It clearly would be in your interest to get your squad size back to the minimum at least, but this shouldn't be difficult with the sum you will receive for the sold player and the likelihood that other players wil be available at other clubs in this way. I assume if you don't buy, the chairman will do so on your behalf at the end of the season.

Most of this thread is pure speculation. Even those of us involved in the testing have no real idea how it work as we were managing under an accelerated programme on Westgate. What's clear is that most of the concerns re:this change are misguided and unfounded. Unless you are hogging all the top players in your side and not playing them (like in the example john gave), I envisage players going through several seasons before gettign to a level 5 concern and an enforced transfer. By this time, those with risers will have seen players rise enough to start getting games in the first team or will have reached a conclusion that the player was not as big a star as first thought of. Contrary to popular belief, I expect it will still be possible to have significant size squads but perhaps not the 100+ squads some members have. I would be amazed if any managed squad ever approached a size of below 21 (unless they want to keep their squad size small).

Embrace the change, and see where we are in 3-4 months. Most will be pleasantly surprised how easy it is too maintain a healthy sized squad (without having to change too much from the way they currently manage) in my opinion :)

but who wants to buy a player with 10% morale - its impossible to get their morale back up...

When a player currently moves his morale is changed to a decent level if it is low, usually to about 65%, unless it is higher than this and therefore will stay at the higher level. The same will apply here, no player will move and have low morale.

SM - what i'd like to know is if there's a rough average rating a player should be expecting to play. For example i have a team where the first XI average is 92. So will a player like Ramires who is rated 89 and a great prospect but not good enough to get into my team, develop concerns that he's not playing?

I'm not sure how to answer this. An 89 rated player is a very very good player, in fact there are only 415 players in the entire game that are higher rated than 89. You must have some team if you have an 89 rated player who is not good enough to get into your team. Not even if you have injuries or suspensions or tired players?

I think this is a sensible response to that question.

I would have thought that any player rated 89 would expect to play 60%-70% regardless of whether your big guns are rated over 90

This is why I think they introduced the change. Any player rated 89 should expect to be getting games, so without being 100% certain, this player will quickly get peeved off with not playing on a regular basis.

Play him or sell him.

However if he's not near your team and you have better players in that position he may be content with being involved in just 40-50% of games.

You would just have 20 players. Then you would not be able to sell other players until you got your squad back up to above 21. The Chairman would intervene as he currently does at the end of the season if you were still below 21. With GKs if it was your last GK then the Chairman would intervene straight away.

Unmanaged clubs could go below 21 as well, but I wouldn't worry about them too much. The AI and Chairman will look after them.

If you read the previous post by Smartdoc you will gleam a lot of correct information. He is much better with explaining things than I am!! :)

Iv got a question, lets use my bournemouth for example, say a 78 rated 24 year old, demands a transfer and a bid from a team that will never ever play him is accepted, hows that fair ? kinda takes away the point of the feature . . . as it will just go in U turns, surely the point of this feature is to enable players who dont play , to play

Iv got a question' date=' lets use my bournemouth for example, say a 78 rated 24 year old, demands a transfer and a bid from a team that will never ever play him is accepted, hows that fair ? kinda takes away the point of the feature . . . as it will just go in U turns, surely the point of this feature is to enable players who dont play , to play[/quote']

Presumably the highest bid you will receive from him will be from a club who will play him (as they can offer more). The chairman will accept the highest bid. If he's a riser, he'll probably rise before he reaches a level 5 concern. If he's already near enough the best player in that position, then its your fault for not playing him :P. If he's become unhappy because you bought him at a rating of 70 and his wage is no longer appropriate for a 78 rated player, then again its your fault for not offering him a new contract :)

question. if a 92+ player is playing is a team of 88 and below players and is not winning things' date=' will that 92 player grow concerns because he is too good for the club?[/quote']

no because that would destory soccer manager as we know it, infact if that came into place id quit SM.

And Doc, its up the the manager of the team how much he offers just because he can offer more doesnt mean he which could result in a man utd picking up a player that even a bournemouth could keep happy and play ?

no because that would destory soccer manager as we know it' date=' infact if that came into place id quit SM.

[b']And Doc, its up the the manager of the team how much he offers just because he can offer more doesnt mean he which could result in a man utd picking up a player that even a bournemouth could keep happy and play[/b] ?

You're right mate and in theory this is possible :)

But good luck to a Man U manager who feels they need to pick up a 24 year old 78 rated riser or player rather than concentrating on acquiring more appropriate players. The likelihood is still that he will have risen/imporved his rating enough to get into your side before he reaches a level 5 concern. You should have ample time to judge if he will rise further (in which case you'll start to play him) or if his growth has stunted ratings wise.

The reality is that the sort of player you are talking about here will either be picked up by an unmanaged side where he will likely play, his real life club, or another club where he will likely play. Traditionally, transfer listed players of this sort of rating are bid on by external clubs who will play the player. the winning bid is normally from a side where he will have most importance. I could be wrong, but I can't see the enforced transfer scenario playing out in any different way :)

no because that would destory soccer manager as we know it' date=' infact if that came into place id quit SM.

And Doc, its up the the manager of the team how much he offers just because he can offer more doesnt mean he which could result in a man utd picking up a player that even a bournemouth could keep happy and play ?[/quote']

why would that destroy soccer manager. if man city dont do well this season i suspect robinho will want to move and maybe 1 or 2 more, same as with liverpool . the best players dont want to be playing for anyone other the best and should want to move to the teams that have qualified for smfa championships

i definitely suffer at teh hands of bugs in morale rthen.

example - efrain juarez, been at barcelona 6 seasons and played no games but been in the youth team the whole time. his morale is 0. i just raised his salary from 3500 a week to 21.500 a week. his morale is now 3

raphael da silva , tripled his wage from 7k a week to 22k a week. his morale went from 47 to 50

just two examples because ive just done this out of curiosity.

also in another set up ive jsut bought a new player, hes played 8 out of 10 games for me so far and his morale is 57