Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

i somewhat agree with REDDEVIL.

yes' date=' player concern is a good addition to the game but it is pretty much vague. SM should clearly come out with a policy better than the current one, clarifying the concerns (esp the lack of games). instead of just saying "your best players will except to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between excepting a number of games in between.", SM should be more clear about the definition of "best players".

here is what i think can be done: the number of games that a player wants to play should depend upon his rating. for example, 90+ players want to play 20-25 games, 85-89 players want to play 15-20 games,and the rest players should be happy "just to play a handful of games", because there are much better players in the team. that is just a rough calculation and the programmers at SM are better mathematicians than me.......

it is just a thought.......[/quote']

but this would make it all too easy to stop players getting concerns by playing them in the minimum amount of games. and would almost reduce the effect or player concerns in the game , thats the reason SM did not release more exact figures on this i think :)

but this would make it all too easy to stop players getting concerns by playing them in the minimum amount of games. and would almost reduce the effect or player concerns in the game ' date=' thats the reason SM did not release more exact figures on this i think :)[/quote']

you do have a valid point. but there are only 38 league games and few cup games, so it will obviously be difficult for large squads to play all their players in the alloted minimum number of games. for example: if you have 22 90+ players both sets of 11 would want to play in 25 games, further if there are other players in the squads (youths/risers/others) with ratings of 80-89, then they would want their share of games too. now that team will be a mess, because many will definitely generate concerns. so the manager will have to decide if he wants to hold on to his star players, or the "risers". eventually the squad will have to be trimmed, allowing managers of other clubs to buy the players. this in turn also discourages player hogging in certain clubs.

.........and it will be very much beneficial to small squads too...

what do you think....

Guys I don't think SM are trying to stop anybody having 2 good teams of players, your the first team may have to be a little better, as in real life, in SM to compete at the top level you will need 2 teams with a few extra players here and there, similar to the top clubs in real life, giving you a squad of no more then 25 to 30 players, which in my opinion SM is quite in favour of as long as you rotate your squad well and give all your best players most of the games, on the other hand I believe SM are trying to stop managers having these massive squads of players which just sit there in case they will rise in the future, not playing them, depriving other managers who may be struggling to get high rated players, the chance to pick up a star or 2, I believe they have a simple theory, especially with players in their prime(25-30), use them or loose them.

I was a big supporter of a squad cap of about 50 players, 30 from the senior squad and 20 from the youth squad, this in my book would have meant a much simpler way to keep squad numbers down, but it seems the majority wanted something different, so here it is and I'm going to give it a chance because I think long term it will hopefully proove to be a success and achieve the goal of not necessarily reducing squad numbers if you have a good mix of talent, reserves and youth, but spreading the top players in the game a little better then they are at the moment.

So in conclusion I will say this, player concerns is not about reducing squad numbers, but not allowing managers to hogg all the stars, so if you have a balanced squad you could probably still have a squad of 70 or 80 players as long as you achieved the right mix of stars, reserves and youth, having sorted that out now, can we fix the match engine and make it so we can view the games, PLEASE let's move on, this topic is getting repetitive.

you do have a valid point. but there are only 38 league games and few cup games' date=' so it will obviously be difficult for large squads to play all their players in the alloted minimum number of games. for example: if you have 22 90+ players both sets of 11 would want to play in 25 games, further if there are other players in the squads (youths/risers/others) with ratings of 80-89, then they would want their share of games too. now that team will be a mess, because many will definitely generate concerns. so the manager will have to decide if he wants to hold on to his star players, or the "risers". eventually the squad will have to be trimmed, allowing managers of other clubs to buy the players. this in turn also discourages player hogging in certain clubs.

.........and it will be very much beneficial to small squads too...

what do you think....[/quote']

i think they do have to make it possible to have a strong 22 man squad at least.

that is able to be rotated (if they all good enough to play or think they is) and keep them happy due to lack of games.

and if you have more players then...... the maths will not allow u to keep them happy!

So u will have to sell and buy another thats all or exchange for likewise rated player wait till he gets heavy concerns then swap him! maybe for another player with concerns at another club before it is a forced sale of course!

the way it is now u cannot give a 22 man squad enough games to meet the criteria for them 19 games each league and maybe more than 1 each in the cups if u do well! needs to be like max 50% of the games not 75% as is now then i would have no probs with concerns due to lack of games!

the debate is hotting up!

i somewhat agree with REDDEVIL.

yes' date=' player concern is a good addition to the game but it is pretty much vague. SM should clearly come out with a policy better than the current one, clarifying the concerns (esp the lack of games). instead of just saying "your best players will except to play in approximately 65-70% games and your worse players will be happy just to play a handful of games, with those in between excepting a number of games in between.", SM should be more clear about the definition of "best players".

here is what i think can be done: the number of games that a player wants to play should depend upon his rating. for example, 90+ players want to play 20-25 games, 85-89 players want to play 15-20 games,and the rest players should be happy "just to play a handful of games", because there are much better players in the team. that is just a rough calculation and the programmers at SM are better mathematicians than me.......

it is just a thought.......[/quote']

This would essentially be the same thing as a squad cap, would it not. By doing it off ratings, it means you can only have x amount of players over 90, due to them wanting to play so many games. Also, backup players should not be as high rated as your first team. If you saw a team in real life that had ferdinand being backed up by terry, firstly terry would definitely want to leave, and secondly it would simply just be ridiculous. I know that the game must have a balance of playability and realism, but before concerns older worlds were simply dominated by a couple of managers and i wouldn't want to join them.

This would essentially be the same thing as a squad cap' date=' would it not. By doing it off ratings, it means you can only have x amount of players over 90, due to them wanting to play so many games. Also, backup players should not be as high rated as your first team. If you saw a team in real life that had ferdinand being backed up by terry, firstly terry would definitely want to leave, and secondly it would simply just be ridiculous. I know that the game must have a balance of playability and realism, but before concerns older worlds were simply dominated by a couple of managers and i wouldn't want to join them.[/quote']

but aint that the way it is now a squad cap coz of concerns only u cannot play a squad of 22 players enough games they need if all want to play i have 5 players in my squad of 90 and above and if i did have terry and rio i'd play them both regularly but the fact remains some squads / teams always start with a real good rating and have more money to buy players thats life!

i think the concerns needs to be fair and made so you can at least have a good squad of say 22 /25 players and give them enough games to keep them happy|! say 11 above 90 and 11 above 88/89 say!

another thing is should u treat a squad of high 90's as a squad of below 90's

in the same league division i think not!

what u is saying is you can have a team of stars but then u must have lower ranked backup players with that i agree but if they not stars (high rated players) u should have lower ranked backup players too which not exactly level playing field is it now!.

If you saw a team in real life that had ferdinand being backed up by terry, firstly terry would definitely want to leave, and secondly it would simply just be ridiculous.

Mate just look at Barcelona or Real Madrid

Barcelona

VALDES, Victor - Gk - 91

PINTO, José Manuel - Gk - 87

ABIDAL, Éric - LB/CB - 93

MAXWELL, Scherer - LB/LM - 91

DANI ALVES, Silva - RB/RM - 94

PUYOL, Carles - CB/RB - 96

MILITO, Gabriel - CB - 92

MARQUEZ, Rafael - CB/DM - 92

PIQUE, Gerard - CB/DM - 92

CHYGRYNSKIY, Dmytro - CB - 90

XAVI, Hernández - CM/AM - 97

KEITA, Seydou - CM/DM - 92

YAYA TOURE, Gnégnéri - DM/CM - 92

BUSQUETS, Sergi - DM/CM - 90

INIESTA, Andrés - AM/Wing - 96

PEDRO, Rodríguez - Wing/Fwd - 88

JEFFREN, Suárez - Wing/Fwd - 82

MESSI, Lionel - Fwd/AM - 98

IBRAHIMOVIC, Zlatan - Fwd - 96

HENRY, Thierry - Fwd - 94

BOJAN, Krkic - Fwd - 88

Barcelona basically plays a 4-3-3 Wingers system and yet have 8 Defenders all rated above 90, in Midfield they have 5 players (once again all 90+) for 3 spots and up front they have 6 players to fill 3 places and yet this doesn't even include any of their players rated below 80.

Now lets look at Real Madrid

CASILLAS, Iker - Gk - 96

DUDEK, Jerzy - Gk - 85

SERGIO RAMOS, García - RB/CB - 94

ARBELOA, Álvaro - RB/LB - 91

PEPE, Ferreira - CB/DM - 93

ALBIOL, Raúl - CB/RB - 92

GARAY, Ezequiel - CB - 91

METZELDER, Christoph - CB - 88

MARCELO, Vieira - LM/LB - 90

DRENTHE, Royston - LM/LB - 88

GUTI, José María - CM/AM - 90

GAGO, Fernando - CM/DM - 90

DE LA RED, Rubén - CM - 88

XABI ALONSO, Olano - DM/CM - 94

DIARRA, Mahamadou - DM/CM - 92

DIARRA, Lass - DM/CM - 92

KAKA, Ricardo - AM - 97

VAN DER VAART, Rafael - AM/CM - 92

GRANERO, Esteban - AM/Wing - 88

RONALDO, Cristiano - Wing/Fwd - 98

HIGUAIN, Gonzalo - Fwd/Wing - 93

BENZEMA, Karim - Fwd/Wing - 93

RAUL, González - Fwd/AM - 93

Just look at that Midfield, says it all really. Yet despite this we can definitively say that none of those players want to leave, infact many stated they would rather sit on the bench than leave, during the last few transfer windows.

two pretty good squads but not loads of players only a squad of 22 or so players quite typical of those two clubs in fact!

if he had 16 defenders on 90 or above then u could say hogging but as for 8 4 x 2 = 8

the ability to have a decent squad that some people have should be allowed to an extent ( thats not huge) what is wrong with those teams nothing apart from someone wanting the same and cannot get it!

may as well say all clubs get same money coming in too and at the start of a setup too so is level for all teams!

but aint that the way it is now a squad cap coz of concerns only u cannot play a squad of 22 players enough games they need if all want to play i have 5 players in my squad of 90 and above and if i did have terry and rio i'd play them both regularly but the fact remains some squads / teams always start with a real good rating and have more money to buy players thats life!

i think the concerns needs to be fair and made so you can at least have a good squad of say 22 /25 players and give them enough games to keep them happy|! say 11 above 90 and 11 above 88/89 say!

another thing is should u treat a squad of high 90's as a squad of below 90's

in the same league division i think not!

what u is saying is you can have a team of stars but then u must have lower ranked backup players with that i agree but if they not stars (high rated players) u should have lower ranked backup players too which not exactly level playing field is it now!.

Yeah but thats my point. There are some teams where players like Terry jsut sit on the bench. This is ONE of the things that player concerns is addressing. That is true' date=' that it isn't on a level playing field. But i think that is because SM have done player concerns based solely on a players situation, that is, his comparative rating etc, and so if you have 20 89 rated players, that are your top players, they all expect to play 75-80%, but if your top twenty are all different ratings then they will expect to play different percentages. Thus, SM are sending us a message. It is better to have several high rated players and several lower rated players then to have all the same or similar ratings.

Mate just look at Barcelona or Real Madrid

Barcelona

VALDES, Victor - Gk - 91

PINTO, José Manuel - Gk - 87

ABIDAL, Éric - LB/CB - 93

MAXWELL, Scherer - LB/LM - 91

DANI ALVES, Silva - RB/RM - 94

PUYOL, Carles - CB/RB - 96

MILITO, Gabriel - CB - 92

MARQUEZ, Rafael - CB/DM - 92

PIQUE, Gerard - CB/DM - 92

CHYGRYNSKIY, Dmytro - CB - 90

XAVI, Hernández - CM/AM - 97

KEITA, Seydou - CM/DM - 92

YAYA TOURE, Gnégnéri - DM/CM - 92

BUSQUETS, Sergi - DM/CM - 90

INIESTA, Andrés - AM/Wing - 96

PEDRO, Rodríguez - Wing/Fwd - 88

JEFFREN, Suárez - Wing/Fwd - 82

MESSI, Lionel - Fwd/AM - 98

IBRAHIMOVIC, Zlatan - Fwd - 96

HENRY, Thierry - Fwd - 94

BOJAN, Krkic - Fwd - 88

Barcelona basically plays a 4-3-3 Wingers system and yet have 8 Defenders all rated above 90, in Midfield they have 5 players (once again all 90+) for 3 spots and up front they have 6 players to fill 3 places and yet this doesn't even include any of their players rated below 80.

Now lets look at Real Madrid

CASILLAS, Iker - Gk - 96

DUDEK, Jerzy - Gk - 85

SERGIO RAMOS, García - RB/CB - 94

ARBELOA, Álvaro - RB/LB - 91

PEPE, Ferreira - CB/DM - 93

ALBIOL, Raúl - CB/RB - 92

GARAY, Ezequiel - CB - 91

METZELDER, Christoph - CB - 88

MARCELO, Vieira - LM/LB - 90

DRENTHE, Royston - LM/LB - 88

GUTI, José María - CM/AM - 90

GAGO, Fernando - CM/DM - 90

DE LA RED, Rubén - CM - 88

XABI ALONSO, Olano - DM/CM - 94

DIARRA, Mahamadou - DM/CM - 92

DIARRA, Lass - DM/CM - 92

KAKA, Ricardo - AM - 97

VAN DER VAART, Rafael - AM/CM - 92

GRANERO, Esteban - AM/Wing - 88

RONALDO, Cristiano - Wing/Fwd - 98

HIGUAIN, Gonzalo - Fwd/Wing - 93

BENZEMA, Karim - Fwd/Wing - 93

RAUL, González - Fwd/AM - 93

Just look at that Midfield, says it all really. Yet despite this we can definitively say that none of those players want to leave, infact many stated they would rather sit on the bench than leave, during the last few transfer windows.

Ok, firstly i jsut want to say, if you were on the bench for Barca would you leave? The paycheck would probably be a good enough reason to stay. But this comes down to the playability vs realism debate. If everything was as realistic as the examples you have provided us with, then potentially, the barca's and man utd's could have massive squads and basically nobody would want to leave.

Also, the examples you have provided would probably be ok in SM. Players like Yaya toure and Keita, would probably not expect to play a huge amount of games, due to the fact that they have midfielders ahead of them that are even better. See this is the thing. The barca manager irl would manage his team in a way that keeps everyone happy. Between lack of fitness and injuries and suspension etc., the barca manager would manage the team in a way that would satisfy SM concerns.

The problem that SM are trying to address is, for example, the barca team up above is a full team. In SM people are able to add players like terry and ronaldo and kaka. Now sure, before, the team was fine, but once you have a team full of stars some would get concerned. The original barca team isn't really full of 'stars'. It is full of high rated players, but a balance of 'stars' and low 90's players. If Sm teams were the same then there wouldn't be a problem

two pretty good squads but not loads of players only a squad of 22 or so players quite typical of those two clubs in fact!

if he had 16 defenders on 90 or above then u could say hogging but as for 8 4 x 2 = 8

the ability to have a decent squad that some people have should be allowed to an extent ( thats not huge) what is wrong with those teams nothing apart from someone wanting the same and cannot get it!

may as well say all clubs get same money coming in too and at the start of a setup too so is level for all teams!

Spot on mate. There is no 95 players on the bench. The replacement players are low 90's, and the squad isn't HUGE. These squads are not really showing what player concerns are trying to combat. Also, the barca squads average rating is jsut under 92. That is not very high, especially not for a squad of only 21.

I wont comment yet ont he debate as a whole but a average of 92 for any squad is very high . . :)

Not really if you have a top club like Madrid

I'd like to see someone take over a Real Madrid/Barca/Man Utd and complete 3 seasons without getting any player concerns (without using the transfer market) - as this game is ment to be realistic now instead of the pick up and play game it used to be - because in these conditions that should be achivable as the games starting to mirror real life

Not really if you have a top club like Madrid

I'd like to see someone take over a Real Madrid/Barca/Man Utd and complete 3 seasons without getting any player concerns (without using the transfer market) - as this game is ment to be realistic now instead of the pick up and play game it used to be - because in these conditions that should be achivable as the games starting to mirror real life

It is Si,

Just because a few clubs ( a handful at most ) usually have a squad rating about 92ish doesnt mean its not high, its a very high average,

Im Real Madrid 29 games in to a standard spanish championship and have been expecting some player concerns about lack of games for a couple of weeks now because other teams have players with concerns but im not getting any problems ive got a 33 man first team squad with a average of 91 and the likes of lassana diarra gourcuff santos ramires hulk and thiago silva i hardly use.

It is Si' date='

Just because a few clubs ( a handful at most ) usually have a squad rating about 92ish doesnt mean its not high, its a very high average,[/quote']

This debate is going to end down the road in 6 months time with people saying they want to see players handed out randomly so every squad starts with the same rating & same amount of players to negate the big clubs having a bigger starting squad average (which of course they should have)

The worst concern for me up to now is in a setup were my 3 main centre midfielders are 88/88/87 rated - my cup team has a highest rating in that postion of 78 rated and a youth player, and hes developed a concern about not getting enough games, hes 10 ratings below my 1st team why would I play him unless I didn't want to win the league :confused:

I have a Bordeaux side with Chamakh and Cavenaghi, both original Bordeaux players (both 90 rated CF).

This season I have played:

36 League Games

2 French Cup

1 French Shield

6 SMFA Champ Cup

45 Total

Cavenaghi

15 League Games

1 French Cup

0 French Shield

0 SMFA Champ Cup

16 Total (36%)

Chamakh

16 League Games (1 sub)

0 French Cup

1 French Shield

6 SMFA Champ Cup

23 Total (51%)

I have rotated these two players throughout the season but now Cavenaghi is concerned at his lack of games, and rightly so as he's only figured in 36% of games and he is my joint top CF. My question is that if I offloaded Cavenaghi and bought in an 89 rated CF would the lower rated CF be happy to play in a lower percentage of games (such as the 36% that Cavenaghi has figured?)

I also have Yildiz (CF - 88 rated) who has only played in 8 games (18%) and he has no concerns so I suspect that the answer to my question is 'Yes' have players of slightly different ratings, e.g. an 89 and 90 rated CF with the 90 rated one playing the majority of the games.

If this is correct then I'm slightly concerned at the new Real Madrid I have picked up as it has 3 93 rated Fwd players, so I either need to move one out in the transfer market, for a CF maybe... or play them in their secondary postions of Wing to give them enough game time.... only time will tell so let the experimenting begin......

To help managers manage player concerns does anyone agree that the following could be helpful:

In the squad page we have a tab for Statistics, I suggest removing the Appearances column from this tab and having a new tab named Appearances, underneath this new tab you would have columns for:

1. League

2. League Cup/League Shield/Charity Shield

3. SMFA Cup/SMFA Shield/Super Cup

4. Total Appearances

5. Percentage

I recently took over a side and Dirk Kuyt had a level 1 concern at not playing enough games.

I've played in him in 5 league games out of 6 since taking over and he's scored 5 goals but today he went up to a level 2 concern!

This could be to do with the stage of the season' date=' or how many games he played in the previous season.

This is a quote from the online help:

For example if a player was on a Level 2 concern on Turn 1. He expects to play 70% of games and you start playing him from Turn 1 in 7/10 games. Then come Turn 20 and he has played 14 games then he will be happy and his concern will drop to Level 1. If however you did not play him and then on Turn 20 he went to a Level 3 and then on Turn 30 went to Level 4 and then you started playing him you may struggle to keep him because by Turn 38 he would have wanted to have played 28 games that season but you can only play him in 8. Then by turn 38 he will demand a transfer despite playing the last 8 games as he has become concerned about lack of playing time in the current and previous season.

Hope this helps.

I recently took over a side and Dirk Kuyt had a level 1 concern at not playing enough games.

I've played in him in 5 league games out of 6 since taking over and he's scored 5 goals but today he went up to a level 2 concern!

I don't know the exact figures (since you didn't tell them...), but this is well possible.

Let's say, before you took over under the old manager he played 2 of 20 games before he developed a concern (for only playing 10% of the games), and then again only 2 of of the following 14 games until you you took over. And even tough he then played all 6 games, he only played in 10 of the last 40 matches (~25%). If you keep him playing, his concern will go down again.

Cheers Gary i understand that, i just feel it's a bit harsh when taking over a club the player keeps his concern from the last manager (which is no fault of mine), i then play him in nearly every game (the only game he missed was because his fitness wasn't below 95% and i don't like playing player less than that) and his concern goes up.

Cheers Gary i understand that' date=' i just feel it's a bit harsh when taking over a club the player keeps his concern from the last manager (which is no fault of mine), i then play him in nearly every game (the only game he missed was because his fitness wasn't below 95% and i don't like playing player less than that) and his concern goes up.[/quote']

Harsh or not, if it wasn't like this people would just quit their club and take it over again, and have the chance to start from 'scratch' again. After all, it's only Lv2, no reason to panic about it, if you want to keep him he will stay.

Hi Biscuit, I agree it's harsh, all you can do is play him in nearly every game from now on and over time his concern will drop, unless he hadn't played all season for say 30 games and even playing him in the last 8 games won't make him happy. Perhaps in that instance the 'concerns engine' should be clever enough to realise there is a new manager and the player is 'back in favour' and is now prepared to stay, just like in real life where one manager doesn't rate a player, gets sacked and the new man coming in really likes the player.

Player Concerns is still in its early days so I'm sure it will get tweaked a bit over time until the settings are correct.

Good luck keeping him happy!

Would some sort of advanced contract system in the future help to solve some of the somewhat irritating concerns?

I'm just thinking of things such as reserve, rotation and youth contracts as such, not necessarily all of them, but things like the reserve contract would be a nice idea. Players with a reserve contract would obviously be expecting to play fewer games than those with the normal first team contract, obviously it should depend on a players rating so that you can't go and sign 90+ players on them.

Hilario would be a good example of someone who could be given a reserve contract, whilst players such as Alex and Bosingwa would be more suited to a good rotation contract.