Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

Re: Player Concerns

i think the loan concern is not about realism' date=' but there because otherwise it would not stop player hogging.

the other managers would just loan out star players = still not distributing them all across game worlds fairly.

thats why the loan concern is a MUST as otherwise may as well just forget the whole player AI thing althogether[/quote']

IF what is bolded is true, i have only one thing to say. What SM is doing is: '' Look for what i say, don't look for what i do. ''

I already explained my opinions for what i disagree with this improvement(?!) it's bad that any Dev not comment the points that people disagree.. it's almost like talk with the wall..

Why the hell are players becoming concerned about being loaned out? One of my players who is loaned out is a regular for that side and now is concerned.

Ok i'm gonna take a guess here and say he has a concern about the fact that he is loaned out. If this is the case, then he feels he is rated high enough to stay in your first team, or cover, that is why he is concerned. If it is about lack of games, it could just be because even though he is a regular, it doesn't necessarily mean over the entire season he has played enough percentage of games.

Ok I just found something of interest. In one of my set-ups there is an unmanaged West Brom side, now the interesting thing is that they have 2 AM/Wings...

Per Ciljan Skjelbred - 86 - AM/Wing - 22 yrs old

Toni Kroos - 86 - AM/Wing - 20 yrs old

the main difference, Kroos is unhappy, from a "lack of games", Skjelbred isn't. During season 5 Kroos and Skjelbred only played 1 game each, then during season 6, Kroos played 15 whilst Skjelbred played 19 only a difference of 4 games. Thus Kroos played 40% whilst Skjelbred played 50%, now the really interesting thing is that in the MID section there is only one player rated higher than them, Nuno Maniche, and in the entire team they only have 4 players ahead of them...

Antonios Nikopolidis - 89 - GK - 38

Gary Neville - 88 - RB/CB - 34

Nuno Maniche - 90 - CM - 32

Djalo Yannick - 87 - Fwd/Wing - 23

And yet being equally 5th highest rated in the team, it would appear that they are happy with only playing 50% of the seasons games. This now poses the question "who is a star player in SM" and is concerns actually based on each individual squad or is it just a blanket thing for each player, dependant on ratings and % of games played per season

Whilst I agree that the 'player concern' development is a step forward in terms of game simulation I feel it is currently too much of a blunt instrument. For example: In my Roma team (WC117) I have a player, Afellay, who is rated at 90 (which is the average for my senior squad) who developed a level 1 concern. So I started playing him in league and cup games - only to find that he has now progressed to a level 2 concern! What's all that about. Likewise, there is a player in my Roma team (WC87), Sahin, who is only rated 88 (which is below the average for my senior squad) who is still "concerned" despite the fact that I have been playing him regularly.

Another problem is the number of youth players rated in the low 70's who are developing concerns about not getting first team football. This is just absurd! On what planet does a 17 year old knock on the managers door and insist on displacing a Messi or a Ronaldo?

One final point: Why are players developing concerns about being loaned out if it means they are getting first team football elsewhere?

I appreciate that all of the above has been covered elsewhere (to the point of exhaustion) on this thread and have kept my own counsel on this up to now but I have now reached the conclusion that this development is in serious danger of undermining what is a very good game.

It seems to me that unless something is done to mitigate this development a lot of people will be forced to sell their future stars and the importance of scouting - which is one of the main selling points of this game will be lost.

Ok i'm gonna take a guess here and say he has a concern about the fact that he is loaned out. If this is the case' date=' then he feels he is rated high enough to stay in your first team, or cover, that is why he is concerned. If it is about lack of games, it could just be because even though he is a regular, it doesn't necessarily mean over the entire season he has played enough percentage of games.[/quote']

the player i got the concern for just got it just before i let him out on loan

and seeing as he's played most games for them since he went there.

u would think that the concern would not of jumped another level up but i still think 65/75% is too high for even a small squad of 22 and yes it was due to lack of games!

Why are players developing concerns about being loaned out if it means they are getting first team football elsewhere?

Probably as it is open to abuse.

SM is played by lots of university students sharing similar IP addresses and lots of families play sharing the same IP address as do work colleagues.

Very easy to loan out players to family, friends and colleagues to avoid player concerns?

As a way round player concerns it would be very simple to set up a second team in the same gameworld farm out 3 players on loan to prevent them becoming concerned, then set up another team in the same gameworld and farm another 3 players out on loan. Many gameworlds have 80 teams, it would be very easy to find a bottom feeder in say Div 4 and dump your concerned players there to avoid future concerns.

I am sure many would not go to such lengths but saying that, some do.

I think player concern is here to stay as a way of reducing squad size.

Whether squad caps would have proved more popular as I expect everyone could argue that they need at least 40/50/60/100 players, is hard to tell?

Probably as it is open to abuse.

SM is played by lots of university students sharing similar IP addresses and lots of families play sharing the same IP address as do work colleagues.

Very easy to loan out players to family' date=' friends and colleagues to avoid player concerns?

As a way round player concerns it would be very simple to set up a second team in the same gameworld farm out 3 players on loan to prevent them becoming concerned, then set up another team in the same gameworld and farm another 3 players out on loan. Many gameworlds have 80 teams, it would be very easy to find a bottom feeder in say Div 4 and dump your concerned players there to avoid future concerns.

I am sure many would not go to such lengths but saying that, some do.

[/quote']

"The most enjoyable way to play is with your friends."

this is the quote we get on the add club page. so sm encourages people to play with their friends and families, and obviously they want to help each each other. but it would again lead to complications. firstly, finance - the team who brings in players as loan will have to pay more wages than current. and secondly, concern itself. the loaned players might develop loan concern and there are possibilities of players developing lack of games concerns too (both loaned in and existing). thirdly, they are competing with each other, so they might not want to help other at their own expense.

i hope the second scenario you pointed out never happens to any gameworld. and i thought sm's cps didn't allow it.

loanees

soon maybe ppl will stop loaning them out in the future due to concerns.

if is the end of people loaning u good players (coz that wot a lot of people do)

and make use of those players not playing reg or waiting 4 them to rise, so u can make ur team better for that season. to buy that player will cost u money u don't have or can't afford transfer and wages

but u is paying his wages and this another reason why one would loan u a player

but anyways i think if u can only loan 3 players u should only be able to loan 3 out that would stop a lot of trying to get round concerns issues with lots of players in a squad and they being loan out!

and friends can still be in same setup without any probs!

I don't see the issue people have with loan concerns :confused:

If a player is rated lower than your starting line-up and isn't a "star player", he should be happy to go on loan and shouldn't get concerns.

If players are getting loan concerns it's for one of a few reasons:

a) He feels he is too good to be on loan. If this is the case, why not sell said player as you aren't using him yourself.

B) He has been out on loan for a long time. Again, sell the player. If he hasn't featured for you he obviously isn't part of your plans.

i think if u can only loan 3 players u should only be able to loan 3 out that would stop a lot of trying to get round concerns issues with lots of players in a squad and they being loan out!

and friends can still be in same setup without any probs!

you are wrong about the number of players you can loan out. 3 is the maximum number of players a club can loan IN, not out. i myself have loaned out 4 players and have some on the loan list. i have also brought a player on loan from another club. so i think you can loan out as many players as you want (till your squad size reaches 21.......:))

If a player is rated lower than your starting line-up and isn't a "star player"' date=' he should be happy to go on loan and shouldn't get concerns.

a) He feels he is too good to be on loan. If this is the case, why not sell said player as you aren't using him yourself.

B) He has been out on loan for a long time. Again, sell the player. If he hasn't featured for you he obviously isn't part of your plans.[/quote']

prob is if u loan a player out for various reasons u risk getting a concern for doing another team a favor basically.

i loaned out a 88 rated 25 yr old who was not playing at my club due to a good few younger players ahead of him. he had not had concerns due to lack of games but then gets a concern about being loan out 2 games after he went there and started both games 4 them.

so i recalled him and still he has the concern, few weeks now and he still has it!

this will stop me from loaning out any players in the future in case same happens again which it will!and others too

if he too good to go on the loan the chairman will say u cannot loan him out

he should also say this player may develop concerns if you loan him out too!

plus another player who had concerns about lack of games sent him out on loan then he plays 7 out of 8 games gets red card so cannot play next 3 and now his concern has gone up a level, and ban is still on for the red card.

really the concern should stay as it is (not saying it should go down when he out on loan) but should if he plays stay the same! coz he playing 75% out of 10 games now

this player is one of my backup for the cups player so now cups r done i loan some of them out every season to help other clubs like others help me! So maybe people won't loan out players like they used too or have done in the past! due to the concerns! and i generally rotate the players i loan out every season from the 2nd 11 once cups are over

you are wrong about the number of players you can loan out. 3 is the maximum number of players a club can loan IN' date=' not out. i myself have loaned out 4 players and have some on the loan list. i have also brought a player on loan from another club. so i think you can loan out as many players as you want (till your squad size reaches 21.......:))[/quote']

think u get me wrong i know u can loan out as many as u like i saying u should be able to only to loan out only 3 as well is wot i was saying

as it would stop huge teams also slacking there wage bills, hogging players they don't need that the concerns supposed to stop!

Player concerns are an enforced squad cap, without calling it a squad cap, SM have been creative about it.

Of course players out on loan (who think they are good enough to play in the parent team league or cup games) are going to get concerns otherwise the whole system would be pointless and it would be a nice little get around to keep all of someones players. Yes this is very annoying but it's something we have to deal with, already in GC15 for next season I'v stated Barca will not be loaning out players anymore because of this.

The main problem with player concerns under the current game format are imo:-

Ratings take too long between each time they are done - so for example your nice little 86 rated prospect, will wait around 5 - 6 months for his next rating change and hes good enough to play in a number of games, by that time 2 complete SM seasons have been done and dusted and your prospect in now at level 3/4 or 5 concern, all because SM didn't do a ratings change and you lose the player just before he hits 88/89 rating and slots into the team.

Fitness is an issue particulary in GC's, in the end we will be either forced to play NMF players to keep there game ratio up or rotate so much 45% of the team will have concerns.

Good youth teams will become a thing of the past, because buying a player who should come good in 4 real life years time won't be worth it until after hes become good.

so for example your nice little 86 rated prospect, will wait around 5 - 6 months for his next rating change and hes good enough to play in a number of games, by that time 2 complete SM seasons have been done and dusted and your prospect in now at level 3/4 or 5 concern

Actually the average English Championship season is 20 weeks long or 5 months thus only 1 season has passed before the player will recieve a rise, you will be into your second season but the player shouldn't have a level 3 -4 or 5 concern yet

Good youth teams will become a thing of the past, because buying a player who should come good in 4 real life years time won't be worth it until after hes become good.

If the player is really that good, then you will do anything to keep him, and until he reachs a high rating he should be happy with a handful of games, honestly mate you won't lose a match because you played a few lower rated players. Infact the striker with the best average in my Villarreal team was Lukaku, he scored 4 goals in 3 games, then Frank Nouble rated 75 scored 1 goal in 2 games, not bad for lowly rated players.

If the player is really that good' date=' then you will do anything to keep him, and until he reachs a high rating he should be happy with a handful of games[/quote']

Unfortunately a handful of games won't suffice with the threshold as it is set at the moment. So, unless you're willing to sacrifice a highly rated player for a lowly rated prospect for 75% of the season, you're gonna lose him!

Unfortunately a handful of games won't suffice with the threshold as it is set at the moment. So' date=' unless you're willing to sacrifice a highly rated player for a lowly rated prospect for 75% of the season, you're gonna lose him![/quote']

75% is certainly an over-exaggeration from my experiences on the test gameworld. And no-one will lose anyone in one season's time, even if he/she doesn't play that player for a whole season. They won't even likely be in the position to be forcibly losing them in 2 seasons time unless the player in question is very highly rated and has played literally no games despite being on a par with players who are playing ahead of him (or a couple of games). Youth prospects (who are not playing) could conceivably go even 3 seasons plus without approaching he level 5 concern which triggers the enforced transfer (unless they see 10+ players in the same playing position in the squad ahead of them e.g CB, RM etc).

There's so many inaccuracies being banded about on this thread without members having the eivdence to be honest (not singling to your post in particular Jimmy Mack as there have been posts which have been much more inaccurate). The timeframes I mentioned are about are rough estimates of what the actual positions will be and in my opinion that is more than enough time to decide if you are planning to play the star who seems a luxury in your squad never getting games or to decide if the starlet you have got will make the grade. If either of these are not going to get games within this timeframe (there is ample opportunity to play these players in cup games and meaningless games come the end of season), then in my opinion, it is only fair that other teams that other teams have an opportunity to acquire them and use them as first team players :).

75% is certainly an over-exaggeration from my experiences on the test gameworld. And no-one will lose anyone in one season's time' date=' even if he/she doesn't play that player for a whole season. They won't even likely be in the position to be forcibly losing them in 2 seasons time unless the player in question is very highly rated and has played literally no games despite being on a par with players who are playing ahead of him (or a couple of games). Youth prospects (who are not playing) could conceivably go even 3 seasons plus without approaching he level 5 concern which triggers the enforced transfer (unless they see 10+ players in the same playing position in the squad ahead of them e.g CB, RM etc).

There's so many inaccuracies being banded about on this thread without members having the eivdence to be honest (not singling to your post in particular Jimmy Mack as there have been posts which have been much more inaccurate). The timeframes I mentioned are about are rough estimates of what the actual positions will be and in my opinion that is more than enough time to decide if you are planning to play the star who seems a luxury in your squad never getting games or to decide if the starlet you have got will make the grade. If either of these are not going to get games within this timeframe (there is ample opportunity to play these players in cup games and meaningless games come the end of season), then in my opinion, it is only fair that other teams that other teams have an opportunity to acquire them and use them as first team players :).[/quote']

thanx. very insightful post. there have been rumors in this post becoz too little info has been shared by sm (and rightly so), and too many managers are fearful of losing their players from the squad........

If a player is rated lower than your starting line-up and isn't a "star player"' date=' he should be happy to go on loan and shouldn't get concerns.

a) He feels he is too good to be on loan. If this is the case, why not sell said player as you aren't using him yourself.[/quote']

Your first sentence and then your point a contradict each other.

If a player is rated lower than your starting line up and isn't a star player then surely he shouldn't feel he is too good to go out on loan?

For example i have Dealbert who despite recently rising, i'm confident he'll rise again so want to keep him, he's rated 87.

Now i also have Chiellini, Pepe, Squillaci, Thiago silva and Samuel so i've loaned Dealbert out as he won't get a game.

After just 4 games he has developed a concern at being on loan.

I am glad its not an exact science, I think it needs to be a bit "wooly" to keep everyone on their toes.

Whether a player expects to play 50%/60%/70% it doesn't really matter, everyone is in the same boat, if they are good enough to play then play them, if not sell them. If we all knew the exact amount of games a player needs it would be abused and anyway its too clinical, it doesnt need to be an exact science.

Players don't go that quickly from level 1 thru 5 and surely if they develop a level 4 concern over a LONG period of time, there must be some **** good players ahead of that player. Its just good old fashioned player hogging.

Come on folks, the game needed to get a bit harder and fairer for all, it was far too easy to build up a 250K value squad to one worth £250M in 9 months (my Histon team case in point), thats with a small stadium. One of my Leeds team had 255 players in it.

Lets just get on with the game and accept, whilst its nice to have David Silva, Granero, Pjanic, Candreva, Canales, Lodeiro, Perotti, Jovetic, Wilshere, Boquita, Renatinho, Kakuta, Oscar, Bertoglio, Pastore, should I be able to have 15 AM's in my squad without consequence?

If I have 15 AM's and say 6 other managers have 15 decent/progressive AM's each, what is left for other managers in that gameworld?

Maybe an extereme example but I reckon I should easily be forced to lose over half of them. I could give you many examples of managers with 30 strikers or 20 centre backs, something needed to be done and judging by the increase in membership, it appears to be working.

Before we throw our toys out of the pram lets give the system time to bed in.

For every disgruntled player hogger that leaves that gameworld it presents itself as another newbies treasure trove.

A player I have has a concern about his lack of games' date=' he is out on loan. So I still get messages even though it's not my problem?[/quote']

He is your player so when he returns to your squad either in season, or at the end of the season, it will be your job to sort out the concern.

I too have players that meet this criteria, but i'll just sell them if it comes to it...