Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

How do things stand with regards to this being implemented across all leagues? I am in a private setup (which happens to be the only setup whereby I am looking forward to these changes as I joined late) and as of yet... nothing :confused:

Ive never been a fan of this since it started and I dont feel there is any need for it and imo it is ruining the game. I have just had Robin Van Persie had his concern level about games go up to 2 this morning in a GC because the previous manager never played him or a lot of the stars. He has started the last five and is playing again tonight obviously. Why has he gone up again when he has been starting. Wish this thing could be scrapped as I dont see how it is doing any good for anyone on this game.

Ive never been a fan of this since it started and I dont feel there is any need for it and imo it is ruining the game. I have just had Robin Van Persie had his concern level about games go up to 2 this morning in a GC because the previous manager never played him or a lot of the stars. He has started the last five and is playing again tonight obviously. Why has he gone up again when he has been starting. Wish this thing could be scrapped as I dont see how it is doing any good for anyone on this game.

Eventually Every Player On The Game Will Have A Concern, And Everyone Will Quit Because They CBA To Cope With Them. :)

How do things stand with regards to this being implemented across all leagues? I am in a private setup (which happens to be the only setup whereby I am looking forward to these changes as I joined late) and as of yet... nothing :confused:

the league owner could have turned the players concerns off, that's why you not have any concerns yet =|

Because he's still only played 5 out of however many in the season. Keep playing him and it'll go down again.

But it must be frustrating to take over a side like that, with the old manager not changing the team and so a lot of concerns. It's difficult tbh, because if you cancel all concerns when a manager quits then the same person could take them back and start again, but it's also harsh on people like you who've just taken them with a lot of concerns.

Because he's still only played 5 out of however many in the season. Keep playing him and it'll go down again.

But it must be frustrating to take over a side like that' date=' with the old manager not changing the team and so a lot of concerns. It's difficult tbh, because if you cancel all concerns when a manager quits then the same person could take them back and start again, but it's also harsh on people like you who've just taken them with a lot of concerns.[/quote']

Yeah I just dont like the idea and dont see the point of it. It is also a bad one along with the Report adjustment which just takes up time having to go into it everytime, instead of just viewing the ratings change or concern in club messages. Recent changes have not been good imo.

But it must be frustrating to take over a side like that' date=' with the old manager not changing the team and so a lot of concerns. It's difficult tbh, because if you cancel all concerns when a manager quits then the same person could take them back and start again, but it's also harsh on people like you who've just taken them with a lot of concerns.[/quote']

a way to get around the problem of managing teams with loads of concerns already is too do what i do.

take over ONE team and stick with it. i dont want anymore and since ive had this club for a long time now know that most players shouldnt have concerns as i have managed them.

i know you cant always do this but i suggest maybe only raking over clubs u know have been well managed may help

the loan situation i feel is wrong if a player has a concern he is not playing but if out on loan playing then he should really have no concern

in g/c 25 i have inter and have loaned balotelli to crewe

and he has a concern about being loaned out its a farce really

this will cause problems in g/s's smaller clubs do need a little help from larger clubs and also it helps the bigger teams by sending guys out on loan

you may see g/c's now empty out over time and only bigger teams managed

what bugs me is this quest for realism

can we ban this 2 for 1 transfer system then as i dont see this happen much in real life :rolleyes::rolleyes:

also ok player concerns may stop player hogging in newer set ups and more teams may remain managed longer

but i dont really see older gameworlds springing to life :rolleyes:

all that will happen is gameworlds with around 20 ish managers will just be forced the sell guys off and who will buy then the other guys in the game world until they are forced to sell and who will buy then the other guys :rolleyes: hmmmm all that will happen is the players will be passed around

not all of a sudden an older gameworld filling up

so now in older setups after buying a guy rated around 75 to 85 and paying his wages for around 6 seasons i have to sell him just as he is about to breakthough what a waste of time

having spent over 2 and a half years building up my teams i am being forced to sell them off for what cash hahaha worthless cash

because i cant trade them as guys want 2 players for one

so i have to give more players away how cool and realistic is that

so now in older setups after buying a guy rated around 75 to 85 and paying his wages for around 6 seasons i have to sell him just as he is about to breakthough what a waste of time

having spent over 2 and a half years building up my teams i am being forced to sell them off for what cash hahaha worthless cash

have to sell him ?

no you dont

give him some games , so you dont have to sell him at all do you :)

ok player concerns may stop player hogging in newer set ups and more teams may remain managed longer

Not sure whether the constant rolling of eyes achieves anything?

Your statement is correct, its definitely is making people think twice about player hogging.

In some of the older set ups I have joined recently they are gradually starting to fill up again.

Looks like its working. The loan system is so open to abuse.

Not sure whether the constant rolling of eyes achieves anything?

Your statement is correct' date=' its definitely is making people think twice about player hogging.

In some of the older set ups I have joined recently they are gradually starting to fill up again.

Looks like its working. The loan system is so open to abuse.[/quote']

i like the rolling eye thing :rolleyes: its not really being used to achieve anything really :rolleyes::rolleyes:

i just like it

i like this one too :eek::eek::eek:

The thing that vexes me most, Is the transfering of players, as i have said before I brought Van Persie from an external team, the season before he was at Everton and played 15 games I brought the next season around turn 14, I gave him 17 games out of a possible 24 (70%) and yet he received a concern. Now what really gets me is how the time he spent at an external club can be taken into account, when it is impossible for him to play any games at an external club, thus if he sits in an external club for an entire season and a team buys him the season after will he get a concern because he didn't play any games last season. Which leads onto the next question, if I sell a player with a level 5 concern to an external club, will his concern go down, and if so what will stop me from buying him again, or if his concern doesn't go down what happens when a managed team buys him, will his concerns go down (once again whats stoping me from rebuying the player) or does he stay around level 4 and in which case will his concern rise again due to not playing regulary last season

I think transfer should remove player concerns. It sounds logical because the player is transferred after developing concerns. In the new club he shouldn't carry over the concerns of previous club. It will not be fair to the manager of the club he signs.

You got that wrong. What I essentially said was that I would understand a player developing concerns if he spent 2 seasons in a row on loan but not when I have loaned for the first time and he is a regular for them.

You're right' date=' I misread your post. Sorry.

I thought from your previous posts that you were arguing that players out on loan should not be unhappy provided they are playing, but from what you are saying your concern is that players who have JUST gone out on loan are getting unhappy?

Basically, the loan concern will be triggered based upon where the player is at the time the concerns are processed, rather than how long he has been on loan at the other club when the concerns are processed. Whilst not perfect, this is to stop managers recalling players when concerns are due to be processed and then sending them out on loan again. Thus avoiding the loan concern.

So I started playing him in league and cup games - only to find that he has now progressed to a level 2 concern! What's all that about.

Concerns are based on stats over more than one season. So, if a player wants to have played a certain percentage of games, then playing him a number of times in a row after he reaches a Level 1 concern won't necessarily bring him above that percentage. Which means he will reach Level 2 the next time. Keep playing him though and he will eventually reach the necessary percentage. This is stop people waiting for Level 4 concerns, playing a player a run in the team, waiting for the concern to disappear, and then dropping him again.

the loan situation i feel is wrong if a player has a concern he is not playing but if out on loan playing then he should really have no concern

If they didn't get concerned though you could just keep players out on loan forever. In GC1 I have 82 players loaned out. Most are playing. If SM had not introduced this rule I would just loan out more and more players. Young players will generally be happy on loan but not old players or high rated youth.

I think transfer should remove player concerns. It sounds logical because the player is transferred after developing concerns. In the new club he shouldn't carry over the concerns of previous club. It will not be fair to the manager of the club he signs.
The thing that vexes me most' date=' Is the transfering of players, as i have said before I brought Van Persie from an external team, the season before he was at Everton and played 15 games I brought the next season around turn 14, I gave him 17 games out of a possible 24 (70%) and yet he received a concern. Now what really gets me is how the time he spent at an external club can be taken into account, when it is impossible for him to play any games at an external club, thus if he sits in an external club for an entire season and a team buys him the season after will he get a concern because he didn't play any games last season.

[/quote']

I don't think player concerns do carry across transfers. I agree this would be wrong. Is there evidence that they do carry over? :confused:

With Van Persie in this example, is it not just that he wanted, say, 75% of games? I don't think his time at an external club will have been a consideration. If concerns carried over, players would be demanding transfers before their transfer ban had even expired.

With Van Persie in this example, is it not just that he wanted, say, 75% of games? I don't think his time at an external club will have been a consideration. If concerns carried over, players would be demanding transfers before their transfer ban had even expired.

Sorry I forgot to mention that he was injured for 6 matches, thus he had played about 17 out of 18 matches. When I posted this before I was told it was because he hadn't played much last season or at the start of the next season. But how can he possibly play when he is at an external club..

why can't he play when he is at an external club???

The external teams don't play any matches, SM only has the teams within the specified league playing eg English Championship, only teams from England play, which is fair enough, imagine how much slower the game would be if every team in the database had to play in every single game world.

if I sell a player with a level 5 concern to an external club, will his concern go down, and if so what will stop me from buying him again, or if his concern doesn't go down what happens when a managed team buys him, will his concerns go down (once again whats stoping me from rebuying the player) or does he stay around level 4 and in which case will his concern rise again due to not playing regulary last season

Once again I will ask this question

The external teams don't play any matches' date=' SM only has the teams within the specified league playing eg English Championship, only teams from England play, which is fair enough, imagine how much slower the game would be if every team in the database had to play in every single game world.[/quote']

if external clubs do not play then their players should be immune from player concerns, while they are there. If not, then each and every player of such teams would have developed concerns, because none of them are playing.

But the point you were making earlier is also fair. The system should start counting matches for player concerns only after the player is bought. In your case of RVP, you say you played him in 17 out of 18 matches, and yet he has concerns. It seems to me that he is an integral part of your team and will make the starting line up for most of the new season. That should lead to drop in his concern level.

May I ask if the player complaining being loan out' date=' how to recover from that?

also if the player complaining lack of game but already give him play eveygame, how to recover from that?[/quote']

For loaned out players, there is only one way to address his concern problem - terminate his loan and bring him back to the club. There is absolutely no other remedy. In case of player concern due to lack of games. there is also only one way to address his concern problem - play him in the starting XI and keep doing it until his level drops. Again, there is absolutely no other remedy.

Good Luck..

For loaned out players' date=' there is only one way to address his concern problem - terminate his loan and bring him back to the club. There is absolutely no other remedy. In case of player concern due to lack of games. there is also only one way to address his concern problem - play him in the starting XI and keep doing it until his level drops. Again, there is absolutely no other remedy.

Good Luck..[/quote']

so as i said before the loaning of players out... is soon to be dead

big problem as so many use it to bolster there team too.

is another direct affect concerns will have had on the game that prob was not intended

maybe they need stop those sort of players being loaned out who think they to good to be loaned through the chairman. like he already does for certain players!

also maybe if he playing regular while out on loan his concerns should stay the same and when he comes back u where u was with him before those games will not count that he played on loan towards concerns either up or down

is another direct affect concerns will have had on the game that prob was not intended

maybe they need stop those sort of players being loaned out who think they to good to be loaned through the chairman. like he already does for certain players!

also maybe if he playing regular while out on loan his concerns should stay the same and when he comes back u where u was with him before those games will not count that he played on loan towards concerns either up or down

i still loan out a lot of my players and if you do it correctly they will not get concerned.

some tips:

try not to loan players over the age of 21 out.

if they are loaned out make sure they will get regular games.

if you can , just keep them in ur own team ! eg i could loan evans but if i just sub him on every game if winning then he dosnt get concerned about anything :)

i have 4 players out on loan. But they are all below 20 years of age and their ratings are also less than 80. They might be weak players in my team, but a couple of divisions below, they can be the strongest players. I agree with rooneyisyummy's tips about loaning out players, and i certainly do not believe sending players on loan will be "dead".

Another tip to avoid loan concerns. Build your team so you have higher rated 1st team players and lower rated loan players. If you have 20 players rated 90 as your first team, you probably can't loan out any of them, without getting concerns, because they feel they are good enough to play for you. This is also the way to avoid many concerns. Btw by higher rated first team players and lower rated loan players, they don't necessarily have to be a huge gap. E.g 93 and 90/1 rated players.