Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

Another tip to avoid loan concerns. Build your team so you have higher rated 1st team players and lower rated loan players. If you have 20 players rated 90 as your first team, you probably can't loan out any of them, without getting concerns, because they feel they are good enough to play for you. This is also the way to avoid many concerns. Btw by higher rated first team players and lower rated loan players, they don't necessarily have to be a huge gap. E.g 93 and 90/1 rated players.

From experience I don't think it works, (and yes this team is my hogging team) I have an Arsenal team (well many, but this one in particular) the Fwds are Ibrahimovich, Fernando Torres, Henry, Aguero, Van Persie and Pato (in my first team) I had Bendtner loaned out, yet he received a loaned out concern, obviously he wasn't anywere near good enough to make my first team (I use past tense since I sold after his little whinge). Thus I am not sure if that tip will work, only time will tell...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) I think a nice feature would be to have the min number of games a player has to play within his profile. As alot of people who pl

Re: Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help) the only problems I can see with the new concerns are youth developing concerns eg under 21s and players supposedly developing c

From experience I don't think it works' date=' (and yes this team is my hogging team) I have an Arsenal team (well many, but this one in particular) the Fwds are Ibrahimovich, Fernando Torres, Henry, Aguero, Van Persie and Pato (in my first team) I had Bendtner loaned out, yet he received a loaned out concern, obviously he wasn't anywere near good enough to make my first team (I use past tense since I sold after his little whinge). Thus I am not sure if that tip will work, only time will tell...[/quote']

i dont think the ratings to be determined as good enough to play works that way,

otherwise you could still hog 90 rated players!

i think players who are VERY low rated eg less then 88/87 will not want to be on loans as they can get games for division 3 and 4 clubs easily.

so really, only the players U21 or players of a very low rating will not mind being on loan i think

another thing happened today a player had a rating increase and then at same time he gets concerned about lack of games.

i am thinking this becoz his rating has changed and now he expects to be starting, but before his rating increase he would maybe of been happy with a few games that he has played so far this season! (he not had a concern before his rating change)

which if that is the case, that concerns are gonna work with ratings increases and suddenly because he has risen he gets an instant concern.

how exactly are concerns based the criteria that only sm know seems abit of a joke if u ask me!

i was referring to loaning decent players in to your squad before like 90+ players

who where 2nd string players from teams like real madrid, barca etc certain teams prob could not afford to buy them and pay wages but can loan them and just pay the wages which is affordable and is good for both teams but these sort of player will get concerns for going out on loan and who will loan them out anymore if u know it will happened

once burnt twice shy

This has probably been asked several times now, but I didn't have time to check the 40 pages, so my question is:

When a player gets a minor concern due to lack of games, how many playing time does he roughly need to lose that concern? I have Pastore in my team and he is the third option for a first team place. He got concerned some time ago and I had him involved is several first team duties now, yet he doesn't lose his concern.

I appreciate any answer.

This has probably been asked several times now' date=' but I didn't have time to check the 40 pages, so my question is:

When a player gets a minor concern due to lack of games, how many playing time does he roughly need to lose that concern? I have Pastore in my team and he is the third option for a first team place. He got concerned some time ago and I had him involved is several first team duties now, yet he doesn't lose his concern.

I appreciate any answer.[/quote']

well for some players they want a percentage of games played:

eg rooney wants 70% of games started.

to get rid of his concern you must play him until he has started the 70% he is happy with, this may mean starting him longer then it took to get his concern.

pastore will obs want lower than 70% of games but it is anybodys guess to the actual amount.

id say maybe 20-40 % of games ?

SM will look at the total possible games that he could have played, and his concern will stay until his percentage is met :)

hope this helps and makes sense, if it dosnt ill try to explain it better if u ask me again :)

really fed up now with my loaned out players getting concerns

one of the reasons this was brought in was to help the set up remain full and older set ups fill up a little

loaning players helps smaller teams and makes them more competitive thus keeping the manager interested longer

i am getting to a point where i cannot really loan guys out because i know concerns will happen

i have to take my guy back and play him more to stop the concern

it's always been good larger teams helping smaller teams by loaning guys out it helps everyone concerned

this is realistic as i say again the quest for realism is getting silly now but the unrealistic transfer system still remains how many 2 for one deals do you see in real life

i dont mind a challenge but it's taking longer to do my teams now which means i may have to quit a few soon which does not help the set up grow really does it

i may as well hog my guys still and not loan them out anymore

I may as well hog my guys still and not loan them out anymore

If the players you were loaning out were obviously not good enough to get in your first team, how is calling them back going to lower their concerns?

Just coz you recall them doesn't remove their concerns? They will probably expect to play, in which case you may have to sell them or other players to accommodate them?

If you end up selling some of your squad then SM have done what they have set out to achieve. The concern system is a stealth tax on bloated squads rather than introduce a player cap. Usem or losem.

Concerns are based on stats over more than one season. So' date=' if a player wants to have played a certain percentage of games, then playing him a number of times in a row after he reaches a Level 1 concern won't necessarily bring him above that percentage. Which means he will reach Level 2 the next time. Keep playing him though and he will eventually reach the necessary percentage. This is stop people waiting for Level 4 concerns, playing a player a run in the team, waiting for the concern to disappear, and then dropping him again.[/quote']

I've just had to sell a player who has played nearly 200 games over the last 8 seasons (including 12 out of 26 this season) because he has now progressed to a level 2 concern and if I continue to play him week in week out I will end up developing concerns over other players who have more long-term potential but are not so highly rated at the moment!

BTW: The player concerned (no pun intended) is Hedwige Maduro who is still only 24 has been with my Ajax team since the setup started and has now been sold for a measly 5.5 Million. Although his game rating is only 88, in real life,he is potentially a better player than this but not currently getting the starts at Valencia.

So, because the 'player concern' system hasn't been thought through properly, I have had to sell a regular first team player to avoid risking developing concerns over younger prospects. I would appreciate it if people would stop and consider that this is not an isolated example before they jump in to defend the system. I think it's time SM acknowledged that if they want realism they should bear in mind that some players at top clubs have to wait 2 or 3 seasons in the real world before they get a run in the team.

question if players need to play the percentage banded around 75%

does it now mean you cannot have 4 good strikers 90 + and keep them happy

so through good management and much time building my team.. due to rises i now have 4 or 5 guys in the 90's and have to pick one to sell

well that was a waste of time ( over 2 years )

my chairmen wont let me loan them out which helps

and and if he does i get concerns

thats realism.. i see robbie keane loaned out and robiniho from man city in real life

so its pretty pointless scouting risers now as when they get good enough to play you have top sell them or a worlds class star to make room for them

so does anyone know now is it possible to keep 25 players happy ie first team back up cup team and a decent cover in each department happy if they all have to play 75 % of games

i still think s/m should really disclose the parametres of this new ruling

how do you play a game in which you do not know the rules

When it comes to loaned out players, the player concerns feature IMO is very unfair and silly, basically if you loan out a player who is say 84 rated and is well below other player's rating in his position at your club, to a club where he will be one of the highest rated players mid season, he will develop a concern immediately because as someone else said, the player concerns feature basically says it is round 20, this player is one of the highest rated players at this club, so he should have played somewhere between 10 and 15 matches, but because he has just been loaned out of course and hasn't, he develops a concern, absolutely stupid. What this will do IMO is a number of things, it will hurt weaker clubs as managers will be more reluctant to loan out players mid seasons to a weaker club, as players will become concerned immediately, sad really because often this is when players are most needed by small clubs as injuries and suspensions may be hurting that club. In turn managers will be more likely to loan out players to stronger clubs who really want them as back up, as there they won't be the highest rated players so they won't get concerned, even if they only play the odd game, once again a blow to small clubs.

In conclusion managers will need to be very careful who they loan to and probably only lend at the beginning of a season, unless it is a stonger club then it won't matter. Why not take a more common sense approach that actually evaluates a player's situation from the time he goes out on loan.

Question for one of the SM people or someone who knows what they are talking about with this new system.

At one of my clubs I've got 4 CBs, 1 rated 89 and 3 rated 88. As three of them are the exact same rating how many games percent wise do they expect?

I think this should have been added at the start of the new season tbh, would have helped people get more used to it slowly rather than have it come into however many teams at once. Would also have given time for those people who've built up big squads over the past 3 years to cut down on them.

I'd still prefer a squad cap myself though, I think the game is getting more and more confusing for young kids who play.

Also, now would be a good time to increase the amount of subs to 7, easier to give players more games to stay happy, and also adds to the realistic side.

I think this should have been added at the start of the new season tbh' date=' would have helped people get more used to it slowly rather than have it come into however many teams at once. Would also have given time for those people who've built up big squads over the past 3 years to cut down on them.

I'd still prefer a squad cap myself though, I think the game is getting more and more confusing for young kids who play.

Also, now would be a good time to increase the amount of subs to 7, easier to give players more games to stay happy, and also adds to the realistic side.[/quote']

i think a squad cap while more simple and easier to understand, is not as good as player concerns.

and i agree, SM must introduce the 7 subs bench because at the moment it is hard to sub players on, is it 7 subs across the world in all major leagues or only in england ?

if it is across the world then SM really do have to implement this asap.

The 7 subs feature is currently tested in Westgate. Can't see how it relates to Player Concerns though?!

Shows how often I do tactics in Westgate.. :D

With extra subs, you can give more players games to keep them happy, so like 3 can come on if your winning at half-time, and the other 3 if your losing/drawing etc. It's not something that really needs to be added to the game, but will be a small improvement.

does anyone get removed the concerns besides wage concerns? i play the concerned player for a long time but still the concern wont remove. :confused:

I had a similar thing happen but not related to wages.

I had many players unhappy and felt forced to sell most of them. The ones I kept I started playing but despite this those players moved onto level 2 concern which is a disgrace and exactly the kind of thing I warned would happen when player concerns was introduced!

It's not on this and I'm really very unhappy and angry about this whole addition. Player(s) get unhappy > You then play them > they then get even more unhappy! Please, explain how in the world that even begins to make sense!

does anyone get removed the concerns besides wage concerns? i play the concerned player for a long time but still the concern wont remove. :confused:

I played Castro lots who was unhappy on Level 1, and he eventually went back to normal.

For another team I have v.Persie at level 2, played him for about 15 games and no change. Maybe the higher the level the longer it takes to go down?

I had a similar thing happen but not related to wages.

I had many players unhappy and felt forced to sell most of them. The ones I kept I started playing but despite this those players moved onto level 2 concern which is a disgrace and exactly the kind of thing I warned would happen when player concerns was introduced!

It's not on this and I'm really very unhappy and angry about this whole addition. Player(s) get unhappy > You then play them > they then get even more unhappy! Please' date=' explain how in the world that even begins to make sense![/quote']

If your in turn 20 for example when you start playing him, then gets an increase to Level 2 in Turn 30, it's because he's still only played 10 out of 30 games in the season. It shouldn't get higher than that though.

Like has been mentioned before, it would be a lot easier for people to understand if there was something on a player's profile saying how many games he expected to play in the season

Like has been mentioned before' date=' it would be a lot easier for people to understand if there was something on a player's profile saying how many games he expected to play in the season[/quote']

Then the temptation would be to play that player for that number of prerequisite games, then dump him in the youth team or never play him again for the rest of the season.

Once again, it would be a side door to player hoarding, which SM want to avoid.

It can't work and won't work - simply because the player rating system isn't robust enough and quick enough between ratings changes to cope with the concern system.

The only way it could possibly work is if SM bring in a 3 layer game of 1st team, reserve team and youth team leagues, i.e. trying to make the game realistic enough to deal with this idea which is ment to make the game realistic.

At the moment the player concerns is a joke because the inferstructure of the game isn't in place to cope with it at any level.

Robin VAN PERSIE is very concerned regarding his lack of games, if this issue is not addressed the player will become increasingly unhappy and may leave the club.

Bloomin eck' I play him in all the league games since ive been in charge which is 7 or 8 and cant afford to play him in cup games for obvious reasons. He now is concern level 3. These things are RUINING SM.

This is rediculous. SM, COOL IT WITH THE CONCERNS.

I bought a player who was added in the last Brazilian rating changes. He is now on a level 3 concern because he isn't playing. No player in the world is this whiny. I havn't even had him for a season.

SM, this guy deserves his rating change so I can get rid of the piece of junk. Either cool it with the concerns or tell your researchers to become more effective. For the time they put into ratings, they should either do a lot more or be more accurate.

What a joke.

Hey msf

He is getting concerned as he knows he has 199 other young Brazilian players ahead of him. :)

Actually, in this GW (GC1) at his position, he only has Leandro Euz├ębio, Bruno Rodrigo, Gil, Toloi, Eli Sabia, Xandao, Werley and Dalton to worry about it.

The point though is that SM arn't even letting us keep them for 1 Rating Change rotation.