Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

Originally Posted by GeorgeECFC

Like has been mentioned before, it would be a lot easier for people to understand if there was something on a player's profile saying how many games he expected to play in the season

Originally Posted by soccerfanboy

Then the temptation would be to play that player for that number of prerequisite games, then dump him in the youth team or never play him again for the rest of the season.

Once again, it would be a side door to player hoarding, which SM want to avoid.

It would still be impossible to hog players because you can only give so many players the exact number of games required.

player concerns

anyone else finding it hard to play a game which the full rules have not been disclosed

i am finding it hard to keep my 30 man squad together

now i dont think 30 guys is player hogging just a league team cup team and a little cover in each position 2 defenders 2 strikers 2 middle guys and so for injury and suspension

Anyone managing perfectly well?

I have 4 clubs at the moment with just one concern between them.

Napoli ~ 83 players (admittedly very new set-up but several youngsters shouldn't make concerns an issue)

Internazionale ~ 32 players

Everton ~ 48 players

Manchester City ~ 26 players (and this is the one with the concerned player)

IMO obviously I see no problems with the system. The only doubt I have is how long it takes concerns to go away.

Napoli ~ 83 players (admittedly very new set-up but several youngsters shouldn't make concerns an issue)

Everton ~ 48 players

IMO obviously I see no problems with the system. The only doubt I have is how long it takes concerns to go away.

That's a good point as I have recalled players who were concerned and played some players as well just to see. I also had a player get a second concern within 2 months. So, I think that it's early days yet, and SM will soon enough iron out these problems.

I have Candreva unhappy for some time now in Leicester, despite including him in a lot of first-team duties :confused:. He never got past level 1 though. Otherwise I don't have any lack of games concerns at all in my clubs, except Pastore and Pjanic in my Derby County. Hmm, it seems to affect AM's a lot :P.

Like has been mentioned before' date=' it would be a lot easier for people to understand if there was something on a player's profile saying how many games he expected to play in the season[/quote']

Would be great and i could be proved wrong ,but the way concerns work at the moment and is becomming a headache and starting to ruin a game i used to enjoy is we would find we will proberly struggle to keep most players happy .

I have quite a few on level 1 and play these all the time ,but as we know after a few games depending on certain things you can soon get down to nmf which means your not going to play them anyway ,so then takes longer plus while your playing these the others you normally rotate get the same for not playing them .

If SM let you know on all players profiles how many games i think members would realise and it just dosnt mean player hogging with big Squads how small these will have to become ,so taking certain aspects out of the game what they play it for and like .

You have the option with a custom to manipulate it to how you want if wanting it on or can turn it off altogether .

I think it may have been better that instead of introducing it to all these set ups thats been running the old way they could of alternated any new ones so members know when going say into the next new WC/EC etc they have the choice ,better still you could join either and play the same way without concerns ruining it for many as well as playing the newer version limiting you from big squads so not doing what you like now .

But at least its your choice and all members have the option for one or both AND NOT JUST THE OWNER OF A CUSTOM WHICH HAS BEEN GIVEN .:)

I agree with Crazy Bones about these concerns starting to ruin the game, As ive said before it feels more like a punishment against teams who have good cover for all positions, I.E. My first team RB is Maicon with Glen Johnson as his back up and Johnson has his concerns so ive had to be dropping Maicon to try and keep Johnson happy(Which he still isnt). I really hope S.M. drop these stupid concerns soon and just introduce a squad cap instead, That would work better than these concerns as i could still have my good cover/cup players without them getting concerned all the time.

I agree with Crazy Bones about these concerns starting to ruin the game' date=' As ive said before it feels more like a punishment against teams who have good cover for all positions, I.E. My first team RB is Maicon with Glen Johnson as his back up and Johnson has his concerns so ive had to be dropping Maicon to try and keep Johnson happy(Which he still isnt). I really hope S.M. drop these stupid concerns soon and just introduce a squad cap instead, That would work better than these concerns as i could still have my good cover/cup players without them getting concerned all the time.[/quote']

One of the main reasons for player concerns as far as i know is because of what many see as player hogging ,but while there is this side of things there are other reasons members have big squads and not just player hogging .

I agree the hogging side needed to be addressed but i dont think this to be honest will be the answer because its affecting other reasons why members have big squads .

I dont think you even need to go into Squad capping .

What has been wrong with this game since day one is you can just keep buying and making your team full of 90 rated players and above and dont need any below ,so we have stupid squads that have say 40 odd players or more in the masses with all 90 rated etc .

Ive seen teams with the top 7 strikers in the game in their side alone which is just not on because they will never play hardly any games and the manager just wants to keep them .

Ive mentioned it before last year or the year before when we were all giving opinions on solving this side .

When you first join a new set up all the top teams if you look at the players you start with there are no more than 21 rated players at the most 90 or above ,i believe they range from 16 -21 .

Yet these are already better than the rest and have been allowed to triple and quadruple the squad into just this rated team ,therefore your not going to get a fair share going around .

What their should have been instead of a Squad cap is a limitation on the ammount of top rated you are allowed 90 above so leaving a bigger percentage to go around.

If you say you need a cover for each position then its 22 players ,so surely seems all top sides come under this when first come in the game untouched then at the most you should be limited to 22 and not be able to build into the thirties and fourties etc ,it allows you cover for every team place

Just like when buying a player if the squad is 21 then you cant get him ,same principle here if there is a limit set then if you have your 90 plus quota you need to sell one before you can buy one ,you can do the same on 88-89 etc but up the limit more on these ,underneath you dont need any sort of limit because they are in the plenty ,so you actually will not affect the other side why members have big squads ,it puts and end to player hogging the top end players get shared around and its got to make it better for games because depending how much the team rating is a factor in the match engine this will fetch more teams into a fairer chance because it will level the rating more across the board .:)

I agree with Crazy Bones about these concerns starting to ruin the game' date=' As ive said before it feels more like a punishment against teams who have good cover for all positions, I.E. My first team RB is Maicon with Glen Johnson as his back up and Johnson has his concerns so ive had to be dropping Maicon to try and keep Johnson happy(Which he still isnt). I really hope S.M. drop these stupid concerns soon and just introduce a squad cap instead, That would work better than these concerns as i could still have my good cover/cup players without them getting concerned all the time.[/quote']

hmm i see your point but what sm are trying to do is not punish those with good cover, but "punish" or restrict those with more then adequete cover.

eg having a player as back up is ok, but not having 5 90 rated backs up it is unesccsary.

whether sm have been over stringent or not is your own opinion, im jus saying sm are not trying to punish reasonably sized squads, only the excessive

use this to help you with concerns: its my new thread that may / hopefully will give us alll a big advantage !

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=60774

please dont winge on it, i only want posts on there to list concerns players have got so we can work it out without trawling through 10's of pages.

also, not every concern has to go on there just the ones that will help us get key figures for how much game time people need :)

hmm i see your point but what sm are trying to do is not punish those with good cover' date=' but "punish" or restrict those with more then adequete cover.

eg having a player as back up is ok, but not having 5 90 rated backs up it is unesccsary.

whether sm have been over stringent or not is your own opinion, im jus saying sm are not trying to punish reasonably sized squads, only the excessive[/quote']

Nope because those that have what you call excessive are this size for certain reasons than just player hogging and its not fair that when this did or still actually at the moment plays a big part in this game of what they do it for you cant just decide its no longer required .

Your forgetting this game that attracts the many is not just about comming on picking your team and tactics play your match and thats it ,and you only need squad sizes to cover this .

There is a far bigger majority play the scouting /ratings game with the lower end and thats why many have big squads full of these type of players ,if your just playing the part of match games only and not into this side of SM then you still cant just discount a big attraction on why SM is rated better than its competitors

When managers see big squads they dont scream blue murder because they are full of all the lesser rated players ,they shout the house down because they also have taken all the top end as well so monopolising the top stars from 88 upwards and making it unfair for the rest ,because you dont need these to play the scouting /ratings game .

Thats the point its this side of the equation that needs addressing not all of it ,they can still play the same scouting /rating game with the lower end of the scale ,there needs to just be limitations on the top end of the spectrum you are allowed to have in a squad .

I know i said 22 as an example because to me you cant have any case whatever to argue with that total if your wanting it higher like it is now ,all the teams that have over 22 players 90 above now it means they now have a 3rd player for one of the positions and teams struggle to get one in that .

Thats whats needs addressing not the actual Squad size and why its putting a limit on how many you can have say between 87-89 and 90 upwards is the actual cure .

Players from this rating are what members who dont play scouting etc and the ratings game are all after and what causes the upset when hogged .

Well at these ratings forget the scouting because it dosnt come into it already to late ,yes you can still play the ratings game but they cant have all the cake so they can still play it with the lower end and still make money .

Nope personally i think you only need to set a limit of the top end of the scale ,then instead of player concerns which seems to becomming more of an issue you dont need concerns because you need to sell before you can buy if at your limit so can not hog anyway .

This concern is in its infancy stage yet so SM will proberly still be tinkering about if there getting enough feedback from the ticket system of its likes/dislikes from the membership as well as us on here ,so it may still become the best thing since sliced bread and the invention of the wheel .

I hope so .:)

If you do the maths (based on the info we have at our disposal) it could take seasons for a level 1 concern to disappear. So we know that it builds up over each season, how many seasons back we don't know, is it just the previous season or all the previous seasons (either all the way back to the start of the set-up or just the season previous to when player concerns started?). Anyway so we will make up a random player for this example..

Name: XXXXX, xxxx

Team: Man City

Rating: 89

Pos: CM/DM

Played this season: 10/18

Played last season: 12/38

Rating rank within squad: equal 7th

So based on that he probably expected to play 60% of the teams matches but last season only played,

12/38 = 31%

Now this season he as played 10 out of 18 matches, thus,

10/18 = 55%

Now if he plays 2 more matches and gets 12/20 he will be at 60%, but because he didn't get enough game time last season he becomes unhappy, if we add his expected games for this season + last season he now wants 89% of the matches for this season to get him up to the required number of matches to date, thus over the whole season will want...

for this season 23/38 = 60%

but for last season he has to make up the 29% he missed out on thus he needs another 11 matches this season to get to..

34/38 = 89%

At this stage his concern should disappear, but this could also take many season's, in which time his concern level could rise. Now just imagine if it is one of your stars, who is looking at 70%+ matches per season, you could be in serious trouble if they get a level 1 concern.

----------------------

It would also appear that player concerns doesn't recognise that a play may have had a rating's increase thus he is lacking match time (as I have seen a few people posting about this problem). Thus is could almost be impossible to keep a good talent and/or riser.

The player is rated 75 thus should be happy with a handful of games so last season we gave him 4/38 = 10%. But during the course of that season (turn 36) he got a 10+ rise and is now rated 85 and expected quite a few more games, say 40%. This season he also expects 40% and he also seems to expect last season's games played to be around 40% but since he only got 10% last season, this season he is expecting 70% (40% + 30%) or 27/38, which should see his game time demands met and his concern disappear.

Anyway I am sure this will probably just confuse some people more but it makes sense in my head, and I'm more than willing to go over my logic with anyone.

Don't forget the little guy

The simple way to keep managers from hoarding 90+ rated players would be to make their wages very prohibitive.

I think the highest wages for the Messi and Ronaldo's of this world is about 100K a turn, this needs to be higher.

By increasing the wage structure from say 86 rated upwards to a much higher level, will naturally stop managers hoarding as they simply wont be able to afford to keep them all.

The new system of player concern does not stop people building a 200 man squad. You could simply fill them with youngsters as they hardly ever get concerns.

Another way would be to tweak a clubs income.

We all accept someone snapping up all the decent youth prospects is just as harmful to keeping active gameworlds alive particularly with smaller clubs.

Whatever the solution it should somehow be hard to have a squad greater than say 80 players, 35-40 in your main team and 35-40 in your youth squad.

I have had teams with 255 players and I still think it is possible to have these size squads if you fill it with youths prospects and risers and just keep selling on to cover increasing wages bills. This must be a thing of the past.

So lets not forget having the chance to get the Eriksens and Canales of this world is just as important to the lttle clubs as having a squad all rated 90+

Am I right in guessing that my 74 rated keeper for Sporting CP' date=' second only to Rui Patricio, shouldn't be getting concerned about his lack of games?[/quote']

If that 74 rated GK is Batista he shouldn't even be in your team, let alone having concerns :P

Everton ~ 48 players

Let's see if you're still happy in a few months time. I predict you'll be having the same problems as everybody else!

Agree with Adam. I've done nothing different since concerns came in and, as I mentioned below, only have 1 concern in 4 teams.

Obviously there are issues which need ironing out such as risers getting concerns after an increase and concerned players at external clubs.

Other than that I have no problems with concerns as a whole.

Guest Raines

The player is rated 75 thus should be happy with a handful of games so last season we gave him 4/38 = 10%. But during the course of that season (turn 36) he got a 10+ rise and is now rated 85 and expected quite a few more games' date=' say 40%. This season he also expects 40% and he also seems to expect last season's games played to be around 40% but since he only got 10% last season, this season he is expecting 70% (40% + 30%) or 27/38, which should see his game time demands met and his concern disappear.

[/quote']

:confused: 40% + 30%? Surely a new season means he expects x amount of games in the new season not x amount of games plus x amount of games he missed out on last season? If that's how it works then the system is broke.

I thought i would get many concerns but so far very few and no lvl2 concern yet. It seems that concerns are heavily influenced by rating and i think that a rating of 85 is likely the level where concerns get much stronger. Below 85 i don't see many problems at all.