Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

The concerns are greater amongst players of high similar ratings.

eg have 6 x 90+ rated players

You are more likely to get player concerns than say if you had

3 x 90+ rated palyers

3 x 88+ etc

If you have a big youth team and have a fairly even spread across the ratings then you might get one or two. I have a couple of 100 man squads and the most player concerns I have ever had from 1 team is just 2 concerns.

40% + 30%? Surely a new season means he expects x amount of games in the new season not x amount of games plus x amount of games he missed out on last season? If that's how it works then the system is broke.

I am not sure that this is how it works, it's my hypothesis, although I am sure if you could see inside my head it would make so much more sense.

Anyway I thought that since it takes into consideration a previous season's % of matches played, that the player would need to fufil his quota, not only for the current season but also the last. If it were based on just the previous season then it should only take 1 season to clear 1 level of concern eg.

Player XXXX, xxxx, rated 87, expects to play 60% of the games.

Season 1: 12/38 = 31%

Season 2: 28/38 = 74%

Season 3: 25/38 = 65%

So by the start of season 2 the player develops a level 1 concern, the manager then plays him in 74% of the matches, now he only expected 60% thus got 14% more than expected, but because he only played 31% in the first season, he has a quota defecit of 29% - 14% = 15%, so he still keeps his level 1 concern.

Season 3 starts and the 1st season's stats are now void, so because he got more than 60% in season 2 and is also playing regulary in season 3 his concern should disappear.

But if is continually rolling from one season to the next it could be alot more difficult to keep a player happy eg

Season 4: 26/38 = 68%

Season 5: 18/38 = 47%

Season 6: 19/38 = 50%

Seaosn 7: 34/38 = 89%

As such he gets a level 1 concern in season 1, in season 2 he plays 74% thus has played 14% more than expected but he is still missing 15% from season 1 (Lvl 1 concern remains). Season 3 he plays 65%, 5% more than expected thus he defecit is now only 10%. In season 4 he gets 68%, 8% more than expected, defecit now down to 2%. But in season 5 he suffers from poor form and you drop him to the bench and he only play 47% of the matches, he now needs 15% and will probably rise to Lvl 2, Season 6 same sort of thing concerns are affecting his morale, which in turn is affecting his form and he only gets 50% of the matches, his quota is now minus 25% and he goes up to level 3 concern. Season 7 you decide enough is enough and play him for 89% of the matches he has now outdone his qouta by 29% (wiping out the -25%) and he loses 1 level of concern, back to level 2.

Anyway I know that's confusing, since I don't even want to read it.

One of my players went from no concerns to level 2 in less than a month' date=' thought this was going to be a slow process :confused:.

And I've never seen a player's concern go away, is that just because a whole season hasn't passed?[/quote']

me 2 dude!!

and 1st concern was same day he had a rating increase too...

now he has started regular since the 1st concern and his rise in rating

i've had a good cup run, got all way to the final.

so had to rest the 1st 11 so they was fit for later rounds as u do!

so i am now wondering if these games count as they say they do, toward matches played for concerns and the fact also that he could not start the following game coz of low fittness too!

this after all is the reason we need 2 sets of 11 well u not need two goalies but u gotta have them.

i think coz of the rise he now getting concerns taken from the games he had played while his rank was lower and are being used towards his new rank and concerns which is a bit wrong if u ask me!

should be taken from the game when his rank increased and those games previous should be disregarded! no other player who was on same rank as him before his rise has got a concern either!

Guest Raines

I am not sure that this is how it works' date=' it's my hypothesis, although I am sure if you could see inside my head it would make so much more sense.

Anyway I thought that since it takes into consideration a previous season's % of matches played, that the player would need to fufil his quota, not only for the current season but also the last. If it were based on just the previous season then it should only take 1 season to clear 1 level of concern eg.

So by the start of season 2 the player develops a level 1 concern, the manager then plays him in 74% of the matches, now he only expected 60% thus got 14% more than expected, but because he only played 31% in the first season, he has a quota defecit of 29% - 14% = 15%, so he still keeps his level 1 concern.

Season 3 starts and the 1st season's stats are now void, so because he got more than 60% in season 2 and is also playing regulary in season 3 his concern should disappear.

But if is continually rolling from one season to the next it could be alot more difficult to keep a player happy eg

Season 4: 26/38 = 68%

Season 5: 18/38 = 47%

Season 6: 19/38 = 50%

Seaosn 7: 34/38 = 89%

As such he gets a level 1 concern in season 1, in season 2 he plays 74% thus has played 14% more than expected but he is still missing 15% from season 1 (Lvl 1 concern remains). Season 3 he plays 65%, 5% more than expected thus he defecit is now only 10%. In season 4 he gets 68%, 8% more than expected, defecit now down to 2%. But in season 5 he suffers from poor form and you drop him to the bench and he only play 47% of the matches, he now needs 15% and will probably rise to Lvl 2, Season 6 same sort of thing concerns are affecting his morale, which in turn is affecting his form and he only gets 50% of the matches, his quota is now minus 25% and he goes up to level 3 concern. Season 7 you decide enough is enough and play him for 89% of the matches he has now outdone his qouta by 29% (wiping out the -25%) and he loses 1 level of concern, back to level 2.

Anyway I know that's confusing, since I don't even want to read it.[/quote']

:confused: It doesn't make much sense to me why concerns would carry over from season to season in that way.

I am thinking of it like this: e.g. player X expects 60% of games and has a level 2 concern from lack of games at the end of the season. Next season you play him the first ten games in a row, 100%, surely his concern will go down. Then say come turn 18, you've played him in just those ten games but he will still be happy because he has played his quota so far. That makes a lot more sense to me then what you are saying.

:confused: It doesn't make much sense to me why concerns would carry over from season to season in that way.

I am thinking of it like this: e.g. player X expects 60% of games and has a level 2 concern from lack of games at the end of the season. Next season you play him the first ten games in a row' date=' 100%, surely his concern will go down. Then say come turn 18, you've played him in just those ten games but he will still be happy because he has played his quota so far. That makes a lot more sense to me then what you are saying.[/quote']

what if during this time he has rating increase as some have had and then the player has a new concerns criteria due to the rating increase, and is expecting to play more games now.

as it is now it based on the figures before his rating increase of previous seasons (i am sure) maybe is why some players have got concerns very quick in procession to each other!

i don't think Sm thought about all the problems with concerns and implications they would have.

not like it is easy to get right far from it!

i think also this thing of people would play a player the quota of games if they told u how many games a player expected is daft becoz if u have too many players u will not be able to give them all the required games anyways.

but at least u could build a squad based on this and how many games a player would be able to get at any level instead of this...

One of my players had a Level 1 concern' date=' I have played this player virtually every game since the concern and for some strange reason, is now at Level 3, can anyone explain this ?[/quote']

It mean this player uphappy that you didn't player him evey game previously and is too late to compensate.

I havent had too many concerns but it seems impossible for them to drop their concern.

The last 2 months or so sum players went level 1 up to level 2 who didnt play much which is fair but the guys i play regularly are still of level 1. Only when players are at level 4/5 you will understand its too late to give them lots of games

so is player concern is a negative add on for sm?

Player hoarding euthanasia.

Either this or squad cap so it was the lesser of two evils. It helps those that don't have lots of time to trawl these forums as they no longer have to worry whether one person has hogged all the 90+ stars.

I buy a player' date=' play him in all games bar 1 cup game and thou and behold I check the set-up today and guess who has a concern about lack of games :confused::confused:[/quote']

send a ticket into SM.

maybe he is unhappy with his previous club appearnces ?

if they move club i think concerns should be wiped and if this is the case then its probably a bug, send a ticket in :)

Guest Raines

Question for one of the SM people or someone who knows what they are talking about with this new system.

At one of my clubs I've got 4 CBs' date=' 1 rated 89 and 3 rated 88. As three of them are the exact same rating how many games percent wise do they expect?[/quote']

Anyone out there? :P

Anyone out there? :P

Yes and tbh, nobody knows and probably don't care.

Online stats for those playing

* Online: 6,278

* Gold Members: 17,070

* Members: 241,139

Not sure that many complain if you consider the numbers that play the game or its the usual suspects that do most the shouting.

Simple solution, keep playing the player or sell him. If you think its a bug, send a ticket. There is no magic solution to the number of games required to cheat I'm afraid.

Guest Raines

Yes and tbh' date=' nobody knows and probably don't care.

Online stats for those playing

* Online: 6,278

* Gold Members: 17,070

* Members: 241,139

Not sure that many complain if you consider the numbers that play the game or its the usual suspects that do most the shouting.

Simple solution, keep playing the player or sell him. If you think its a bug, send a ticket. There is no magic solution to the number of games required to cheat I'm afraid.[/quote']

What is your problem? And who said I'm complaining? I'm not expecting a 'magic solution' or a cheat as right now I don't need one as none of my players at the squad I'm talking about have concerns. I'm interested to know wether the percent goes up or down if a lot of players have the exact same rating.

Edit: Another thing;

"Yes and tbh, nobody knows and probably don't care."

What did I do to deserve that kind of response? I asked a simple question. I was not complaining and even if I was I have a right to because from reading this thread a lot of people don't like this new addition.

What is your problem? And who said I'm complaining? I'm not expecting a 'magic solution' or a cheat as right now I don't need one as none of my players at the squad I'm talking about have concerns. I'm interested to know wether the percent goes up or down if a lot of players have the exact same rating.

No-one knows exact percentages of games that players of specific teams need. SM haven't divulged the information to anyone so everybody is left guessing. I'd suggest' date=' as the are all fairly equally rated, rotate them all as much as possible. If one gets a concern then you have 2 options:

a) play him more and risk concerns to the others

B) sell the concerned player and buy a lower rated back-up (riser)

There's a thread in general help I think that's trying to work out some percentages but it's still in its early days. I'll try to find a link for you.

Edit: [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=60774[/url] there you go, it would be helpful if others tried posting their concerns on there so we can try and work out the system.

Guest Raines

No-one knows exact percentages of games that players of specific teams need. SM haven't divulged the information to anyone so everybody is left guessing. I'd suggest' date=' as the are all fairly equally rated, rotate them all as much as possible. If one gets a concern then you have 2 options:

a) play him more and risk concerns to the others

B) sell the concerned player and buy a lower rated back-up (riser)

There's a thread in general help I think that's trying to work out some percentages but it's still in its early days. I'll try to find a link for you.

Edit: [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=60774[/url] there you go, it would be helpful if others tried posting their concerns on there so we can try and work out the system.

Thank you. I'm interested to know or work out the percent. I've got four CBs, one rated 89 and three rated 88. Say if I had one rated 92 and three rated 88 surely the 92 would expect a lot more games than the other three that are four points below him but as my rating as so even I don't think any my 89 can really expect many more games than my other three 88's. Maybe as the're so similar they only expect 50% -60% of games, I don't know yet.

Say if I had one rated 92 and three rated 88 surely the 92 would expect a lot more games than the other three that are four points below him but as my rating as so even I don't think any my 89 can really expect many more games than my other three 88's. Maybe as the're so similar they only expect 50% -60% of games' date=' I don't know yet.[/quote']

In the first situation the 92 would certainly expect a lot more games and because he is there theory suggests the 88s would be happy with fewer games.

In your situation I presume they will all need a similar number of games. It is however a possibility that they will all want 60-70% of games and concerns will develop forcing you to sell or change formation.

In my experience, with good rotation you shouldn't have too many problems :)

I think that concerns work well at the top level stopping teams hogging all the 90+ players etc but should be set low enough for a manager to cover all

postions properly.

Also injured players should have their concerns reset when they get injured. In one game world I have a player who was second rated as a CB and when he got a rise to make him first up he immediately got a concern...way to early. Add to this he got injured straight away, came back for 3 games and is injured again, I can't even play him to remove the concern!!! This needs addressing

A squad cap is still needed, I'm not as good with football in general as some so struggle with talent spotting a bit, I'm also short on time. I've just taken over a last team in the english league of a gold world at turn 2 and already all the 60-73 type risers I need and have in other games world or mentioned in the forums have gone to about 6 teams only. A cap is needed to allow everyone to have a fair share of the risers, make people shop more carefully. No one needs 236 players and it's not realistic in cash strapped football today.

I currently have no player concerns on my team, but I have been picking up unhappy players on loan. I've noticed a new concern on one player who I've played every game I could. Player concern went up a level, but like others have said, it may take a while to make up for missed games with their team.

But what has happened is the player now also has a concern about being loaned out. Is this normal? If so, then it looks like the point will be to get teams to sell off extra players instead of loaning them out.

My only other thought was that my team is too weak for the player. Both teams are in 1st division (mine 13th and his club 3rd). My starting lineup usually averages 91 and his 94.

I think there's a bug as in you cannot receive a bid from an external club for a transfer listed player who is starting to be unhappy?

I transfer listed the player at my own accord, as his concern is still currently low (Level 2). However, despite the other transfer listed players (without any concerns) in my team all receiving bids from their RL clubs shortly, the player with concerns did not receive any bid from his RL team despite being on the transfer list for weeks.

Anyone got any idea why? Or did I miss something. :confused:

EDIT: It's not just one setup, I experience this with all my teams with this scenario.