Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

Thee are plenty of inconsistencies and wierd things about this system.

1. In one of setups RVP is on concern level 2, rightly so as I have hardly played him but Higuain another player who I haven't played isn't concerned. Dosen't make sense to me. Both rated 93 and both strikers.

2. Players who don't play at all are happier than the players who play on loan. Another thing that's not realistic and makes the game worse for the lower clubs. Why would I loan my player if he gets concerned at being loaned away instead of benching him where he is happy.

3. Has anyone every seen a concern go down? For all of my sides concerns have either gone up or stayed despite me playing them aso soon as they had concerns.

4. The impact of rating changes should've been considered by SM. A player who's rated 75 suddenly has a concern as soon as he rises to say a 85 giving the manager no chance to play him.

5. The system is way to vague in my opinion. Managers have no idea how many games per season keeps the players happy. I think a specefic number or percentage of games would be a real help despite the fact that it might help the managers who actually hog players. Eventually hes gonna have to sell or the club results will fall.

I think a specefic number or percentage of games would be a real help despite the fact that it might help the managers who actually hog players. Eventually hes gonna have to sell or the club results will fall.

use this thread then' date=' i made it to help us all out and reduce the vague figures we get, i need more than just a couple of people to use it though, and if we got say 30 posts on there with %ages worked out i reckon we would have a much better idea on how to stop concerns deveolping.

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=60774[/url]

please at least check it out ! :)

Thee are plenty of inconsistencies and wierd things about this system.

1. In one of setups RVP is on concern level 2' date=' rightly so as I have hardly played him but Higuain another player who I haven't played isn't concerned. Dosen't make sense to me. Both rated 93 and both strikers.

2. Players who don't play at all are happier than the players who play on loan. Another thing that's not realistic and makes the game worse for the lower clubs. Why would I loan my player if he gets concerned at being loaned away instead of benching him where he is happy.

3. Has anyone every seen a concern go down? For all of my sides concerns have either gone up or stayed despite me playing them aso soon as they had concerns.

4. The impact of rating changes should've been considered by SM. A player who's rated 75 suddenly has a concern as soon as he rises to say a 85 giving the manager no chance to play him.

5. The system is way to vague in my opinion. Managers have no idea how many games per season keeps the players happy. I think a specefic number or percentage of games would be a real help despite the fact that it might help the managers who actually hog players. Eventually hes gonna have to sell or the club results will fall.[/quote']

i had a few players with same rating same age played same amout of games too but some have concerns some don't

loan probs meen less good loans about that a lot of managers use to boast there squad

not seen a concern go yet either

biggest problem player rises in rating then suddenly level two concern like we can predict the future (coz it based on games at the lower rank too)

yes they should give more info does a player on loan playing count they don't say!

another problem is not all sides have star players but young talent or players all on say 89 rating competing against teams with 92's yet are treated the same for concerns these 89 players are expecting to play the max amount of games 60/70% yet if they was in the 92's squad they would expect to play less this means the smaller clubs will get smaller

another problem is not all sides have star players but young talent or players all on say 89 rating competing against teams with 92's yet are treated the same for concerns these 89 players are expecting to play the max amount of games 60/70% yet if they was in the 92's squad they would expect to play less this means the smaller clubs will get smaller

no they dont.......

this is a good development to eliminate those dominant team who have like more than 30 of 90 rated players.

the only player i have had concerns about... that is 90 or above is one that just had a rise in rating

most are on 89 and under 25 yrs old, that have got concerns.

So this more than affects just high rated players.

no they dont.......what

not like was a helpful post u made explain more about what u mean by it pls

Originally Posted by rox View Post

the 89 rated players arent expecting the same number of games as 92 rated players.

Originally Posted by rox View Post

the 89 rated players arent expecting the same number of games as 92 rated players.

i say they is coz i have players who on 89 who have concerns due to lack of games! and no players on 92 or above in the squad!

this player made 19 appearences last season.

i say they is coz i have players who on 89 who have concerns due to lack of games! and no players on 92 or above in the squad!

this player made 19 appearences last season.

hmm, i see your point but i think they will still become unhappy eventually.

maybe at different rates and there will be some variation so players dont all get concerns at same speed and make the game predicatable.

but 89 rated players at top teams still become unhappy eventually.

Another thing i have been asking myself

say u had 21 players only, all of the highest ratings u could buy (not that it really matters ) or all on same rating.

what affect will concerns have..... none....i feel

coz u must have 21 players or maybe u will lose the players who have concerns and leave. then sm give u a lame player (like when a player retires and sm give u a player to make it up to 21 again)

thαnks tσ thís fєαturє í nσw cαn gєt mαnч knσwn plαчєrs. fσr єхαmplє í wαs αвlє tσ gєt єtσ'σ cαusє hє wαs unhαppч αnd thє tєαm í вrσught hím σff from hαd mαnч 96 rαtєd stríkєrs.

Ideye Brown, (84), is the 3rd, was 4th until i sold some, best striker in my team, i play one up top.

He developed a player concern with two games remaining of last season. He has started 2 since, and come on as a sub every league game this season, will his cocnern stay as subs apperances arent enough ?

Ideye Brown' date=' (84), is the 3rd, was 4th until i sold some, best striker in my team, i play one up top.

He developed a player concern with two games remaining of last season. He has started 2 since, and come on as a sub every league game this season, will his cocnern stay as subs apperances arent enough ?[/quote']

I was wandering the same with regrds Substitute appearences as I have used subs a lot more frequently, be good to have this clarified??

Do players evr go down one player Elano to be exact expressed concern at not being played (Unfairly I think as he was starting alternate games with another player) I must have played him in about 19 of my last 22 games and he is still "concerned" even though nearly all of them are starts

I've had some players concerns go down, one being in my all-Paraguayan team which had 4 main strikers : Cabanas (90), Cardozo (90), Santa Cruz (89) and Valdez (88)

I was mainly using Cabanas (who was then a 91) and Cardozo up front, so Santa Cruz developed a concern. I then played him for 18 games straight I think, maybe 20, while rotating the other three around him. His concern then went away - although now Cardozo and Valdez have one instead, lol.

I'm still not sure if sub appearances count - I have one or two teams that always play 3-5-2 and change to 3-4-1-2 after 60 minutes. When this happens of course a DM comes off and an AM goes on, funnily enough in those teams it's the AMs that have concerns not the DMs, so maybe coming on as a sub doesn't count while being on at the start and then getting subbed does...

this is a good development to eliminate those dominant team who have like more than 30 of 90 rated players.

Correct, that was always one of my pet peeves. Even 16 or 18, 90+ players is enough. However there are players getting concerned here and there and we don't know why, those that don't play enough games, even though there may be a few others of higher ratedness and are not playing, and they don't have any concerns. I find the players I want to keep, rather than the risers are getting them concerns. I'm not sure why so many of the younger lads are getting concerned as opposed to the older players. But I'm certain that SM can iron out these deficiencies and implement something a little better.

Reading some more posts, I would love to know if a sub appearance carries the same weight as a starting appearance. We all know how good the players perform when they come on as a sub.

Reading some more posts' date=' I would love to know if a sub appearance carries the same weight as a starting appearance. We all know how good the players perform when they come on as a sub.[/quote']

this is a major issue, it is how a lot of my players get games to avoid concerns.

could an SM dev please confirm the facts with this issue please ?

Guest Raines

this is a major issue' date=' it is how a lot of my players get games to avoid concerns.

could an SM dev please confirm the facts with this issue please ?[/quote']

It would be nice but SM probably won't because they are worried we would be 'playing the system too effecetively' if we were sure about sub apperances.

it would be good if SM could make a few things clear about concerns like sub appearances ETC

i feel way it is at the moment they do not count as matches for concerns

another thing is how they arrive at the conclusion for concerns for a specific player and how far back the data is taken from previous seasons as players who rise and have not played a lot prior to the rise in rating and have never got concerns suddenly have level 2 concerns in matter of weeks.

some thing needs doing about this asap

another issue is about how the matches for concerns are calculated maybe why we all on this thread as data could be being used before concerns was brought in then suddenly the rules have changed but the data from old rules being used which imo is wrong should start from when concerns was brought in

all this is hypothetical thou as we just don't know

i don't think telling people this info or even how many games x player expects to play a season will help u keep all players happy overall there is only so many games a season but at least u would know or be able to calculate and have a squad size to reflect this. in reality this what they trying to do anyways and all clubs will in the end have basically the same amount of players on the same rating coz u need back up for your 1st 11 and must have 21 players at least so is having 25 players hogging if they all over 90 maybe if they all on 89 maybe no one knows even if they in same league.

also would like/want to know how these teams are treated in respect of the other team in that league.

"Lack of Games

Within your squad the higher rated players expect to play the majority of games and as the ratings get worse they expect to play less and less games"

so i think if u have a squad of stars and another team has a squad of young talent all roughly same rating u being treated the same for concerns. if one team has 11 stars and 11 talents u ok and if u have 22 talents all on same rating u not. u must sign 11 players worse than the starting 11 than u got but the 1st 11 u have is worse than the other team u on a lose/lose situation in this scenario.

i am waiting for the day when a top club say barca starts in a newly created league and the person keeps the original squad and don't buy any players and starts getting concerns as he cannot give them the games required now that would be the icing on the cake.

Guest Raines

If SM release all data' date=' it would be easy for a manager to "fool" the system. IMO the current system of ambiguity should be continued in terms of concerns.[/quote']

People who play the game are going to talk to each other about how they have dealt with/ lost concerns so the ambiguity isn't going to last wether SM release data or not.

SM should continue to be ambiguous or else everyone can just find out the formula to win all the time. I do think it is unrealistic when youth players are complaining for lack of playing time when they are on huge clubs like Milan or Arsenal. My friend has an Arsenal squad and he is getting flooded with concerns. Those youngster should be proud to play for such a high quality team at their age! :D

Guest Phill

I Think Player Concerns Should Only Apply To Squads With Over A Fair Amount Of Players (30-35?) And Then If Players Don't Play, I Think Their Values Should Gradually Start Decreasing, So If They Aren't Going To Play Them They Should Sell As Soon As Possible To Get As Much As They Can For That Player.

This Idea Might Be Abused Though...

Thoughts? :)

I Think Player Concerns Should Only Apply To Squads With Over A Fair Amount Of Players (30-35?) And Then If Players Don't Play' date=' I Think Their Values Should Gradually Start Decreasing, So If They Aren't Going To Play Them They Should Sell As Soon As Possible To Get As Much As They Can For That Player.

This Idea Might Be Abused Though...

Thoughts? :)[/quote']

I don't think large squads are necessarily the problem. It's vital in some cases to have massive squads of risers. It's possible to manage as well. My Napoli side has 100 players and no concerns. The main issue is squads with over 25 90+ rated players. This isn't necessary at all and constitutes hogging. Buying all the likely risers is just being "on the ball" in my opinion. Besides it's almost impossible for sides to hold every single riser so there should always be players available. Having player value drop isn't a good idea in my opinion as managers who work hard to get risers could lose money on them.