Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Guest Phill

Re: Player Concerns

I don't think large squads are necessarily the problem. It's vital in some cases to have massive squads of risers. It's possible to manage as well. My Napoli side has 100 players and no concerns. The main issue is squads with over 25 90+ rated players. This isn't necessary at all and constitutes hogging. Buying all the likely risers is just being "on the ball" in my opinion. Besides it's almost impossible for sides to hold every single riser so there should always be players available. Having player value drop isn't a good idea in my opinion as managers who work hard to get risers could lose money on them.

Well Thats Another Thing, The Value Decrease Could Only Come Into Affect After The Transfer Ban. And The Value For High Rated Players Could Go Down A Lot More Than Under 90's Etc.

I don't think large squads are necessarily the problem. It's vital in some cases to have massive squads of risers. It's possible to manage as well. My Napoli side has 100 players and no concerns. The main issue is squads with over 25 90+ rated players. This isn't necessary at all and constitutes hogging. Buying all the likely risers is just being "on the ball" in my opinion. Besides it's almost impossible for sides to hold every single riser so there should always be players available. Having player value drop isn't a good idea in my opinion as managers who work hard to get risers could lose money on them.

if only it was the case that players / squads have 25 odd players on 90 or above but the facts are that a 23/24 yr old on a 89 within a squad of say 5 players on a 90+ and the rest of the squad between 89 / 87 suffer from concerns if u play them 20+ games a season

i thinking sm are looking at it on the average of a squad rating and giving concerns from there so is affecting most squads that have players bascally of very close ratings, even if u have a real lame squad compared to others in the same league concerns will be generated for players that maybe in the higher rated squads would expect less games.. but again who really knows.

another thing i was wondering when u look at a players career it never shows cup games he played in previous seasons only on stats for season ongoing.

So when Sm count games from previous season/s towards concerns do they include these games in the figures!

If SM release all data' date=' it would be easy for a manager to "fool" the system. IMO the current system of ambiguity should be continued in terms of concerns.[/quote']

Not really because those players still have to have x amount of games or whatever, and if the squad is simply to big for that to occur they will get concerns regardless.

They need to give us data. simples.

so' date=' even if a player gets concerned will they not leave if the club will drop to below 21, or you have less than 2 gk's ?[/quote']

Erm, I said that it was still possible that a player left even if the squad fell below 21. I'm just not sure if this has been changed now.

guess another thing Sm not thought of

no one knows jack and what if u sign another goalie after say the 1st one has to leave and he gets concerns and is then flogged as well... stupid o

i do know if a player retires and u have a squad of 21 then sm gives u a player to make it up to 21 not a very good player.

maybe this is what they will do but when nedved retired i was given a cb

so imagine if ur goalie got injured (which i never seen happen yet) just when the other goalie is sold due to concerns and sm do not give u a goalie!

concerns are good but they are a bit of a joke the way they is if u ask me!

and the fact people may be able to get around them someway if sm gives more info than they do is the biggest load of truffle i heard!

they'd rather people got headaches trying to work out what going on instead!

i not taking about a star studded highly rated squad either

like a squad of 22 all young players under 25 all on around 89 most played same amount of games yet some have concerns and others don't.

Arggh! This is seriously starting to annoy me. I took over a Milan side in mid-February and the previous manager wasn't playing Nesta and Aguero; weirdly. So, they had level 2 concerns, but I play them every game and they are now up to level 3!!

Arggh! This is seriously starting to annoy me. I took over a Milan side in mid-February and the previous manager wasn't playing Nesta and Aguero; weirdly. So' date=' they had level 2 concerns, but I play them [u']every[/u] game and they are now up to level 3!!

Keep playing them, they will eventually drop back down as based on 2 seasons stats.

I have 3 unhappy bunnies in my team, they havent gone down yet but I am hopeful. They have been performing very well so no need to drop them or sell.

no one knows jack and what if u sign another goalie after say the 1st one has to leave and he gets concerns and is then flogged as well... stupid o

i do know if a player retires and u have a squad of 21 then sm gives u a player to make it up to 21 not a very good player.

so imagine if ur goalie got injured (which i never seen happen yet) just when the other goalie is sold due to concerns and sm do not give u a goalie!

and the fact people may be able to get around them someway if sm gives more info than they do is the biggest load of truffle i heard!

like a squad of 22 all young players under 25 all on around 89 most played same amount of games yet some have concerns and others don't.

i had enke retire after his untimely death, and am now left with 1 keeper, mihaylov, which is not good for me, and have not recieved another keeper and am finding it hard to buy another so im left with a potentially decent keeper but whos rating at the mo is not good at all, especially for a prem club in gold

I've learned from this very thread that it takes at least 3/4 seasons of continuous snobbing before a player reaches level 5 concern and has to be sold. So if one of your goalie has concern, you have "more than enough" time to decide whether you want to keep him or sell him. In the latter case too, you have enough time to find his replacement. Why would you have to wait for SM to forcibly sell the GK and give you another player. You should sell him and find able replacement in that time. If you can't do that, then I feel sorry for you mate.......

Mine squad is similar to yours. I too have 22 players in my first team whose ratings are between 85-89, all under 25 (except Jorg Butt, the goalkeeper) years of age, and most of them are rated 86. Yet, after 23 turns, none of them have developed concerns yet.

Player concerns are here to stay, and you my friend need to reassess your strategy to manage your team. Because after 2 months in this thread, you are still posting the same comments time and again, albeit paraphrased........

I've learned from this very thread that it takes at least 3/4 seasons of continuous snobbing before a player reaches level 5 concern and has to be sold. So if one of your goalie has concern' date=' you have "more than enough" time to decide whether you want to keep him or sell him. In the latter case too, you have enough time to find his replacement. Why would you have to wait for SM to forcibly sell the GK and give you another player. You should sell him and find able replacement in that time. If you can't do that, then I feel sorry for you mate.......

Mine squad is similar to yours. I too have 22 players in my first team whose ratings are between 85-89, all under 25 (except Jorg Butt, the goalkeeper) years of age, and most of them are rated 86. Yet, after 23 turns, none of them have developed concerns yet.

Player concerns are here to stay, and you my friend need to reassess your strategy to manage your team. Because after 2 months in this thread, you are still posting the same comments time and again, albeit paraphrased........[/quote']

i not had problem with a goalie myself. others have and in some setups, i know it is hard to find a decent goalie that teams are willing to sell.

So maybe if the two goalies are on the same rating say 90 each or 87 each inevitably they will both expect to play max amount of games and one or both may get concerns. As it is based on the average of each squad and i think the positions they can play.

as for my squads well i could go on but i won't i posted on that other thread and will update the details when need be!

as for it will take 3/4 seasons do u know this for sure and it goes back 2 seasons too (which is before concerns was brought in)

reason i asking is i have had risers jump to level 2 concerns in a few weeks and obviosly the reason being the way the data is gained for concerns ( from when there rating was lower and they expected less games) but is being used towards games at there new rating!

don't get me wrong i all for concerns but they need ironing out and nothing has been done about these issues or more info given out.

i not had problem with a goalie myself. others have and in some setups' date=' i know it is hard to find a decent goalie that teams are willing to sell.

So maybe if the two goalies are on the same rating say 90 each or 87 each inevitably they will both expect to play max amount of games and one or both may get concerns. As it is based on the average of each squad and i think the positions they can play.

as for my squads well i could go on but i won't i posted on that other thread and will update the details when need be!

as for it will take 3/4 seasons do u know this for sure and it goes back 2 seasons too (which is before concerns was brought in)

reason i asking is i have had risers jump to level 2 concerns in a few weeks and obviosly the reason being the way the data is gained for concerns ( from when there rating was lower and they expected less games) but is being used towards games at there new rating!

don't get me wrong i all for concerns but they need ironing out and nothing has been done about these issues or more info given out.[/quote']

i've read in this very thread that it will take 3/4 seasons before a player reaches level 5 concern, and in this same thread i read " concerns are targeted towards such team which has both casillas and buffon". (i would post the link for you, but my net connection is going crazy these days). i mentioned casillas and buffon, because imo no team requires two equal rated goalies, both 90 or both 87. reason 1: it is a proven fact that goalies never get injured/or be NMF. reason 2: van der sar is far better than kuzschack/foster and cech is far better than hilario/turnbull. i hope you get my point.

you make a valid point about risers - that their concern level jumps drastically after increase in ratings. imo that should not happen. the system needs some tweaking, and i hope SM are working in the matter......

i've read in this very thread that it will take 3/4 seasons before a player reaches level 5 concern' date=' and in this same thread i read " concerns are targeted towards such team which has both casillas and buffon". (i would post the link for you, but my net connection is going crazy these days). i mentioned casillas and buffon, because imo no team requires two equal rated goalies, both 90 or both 87. reason 1: it is a proven fact that goalies never get injured/or be NMF. reason 2: van der sar is far better than kuzschack/foster and cech is far better than hilario/turnbull. i hope you get my point.

you make a valid point about risers - that their concern level jumps drastically after increase in ratings. imo that should not happen. the system needs some tweaking, and i hope SM are working in the matter......[/quote']

indeed i have seen a team with buffon and van der sar and vds has concerns

i believe this is down to him not playing much before concerns was brought in but recently i have seen these two rotated and is keeping a close eye on the situation to see what happens!

but i do agree with ya no need for 2 great keepers, but i do remember ages ago now SM saying goalies can now get injured but it never happens, personally i get a youth player as me 2nd goalie in most my teams. if a lot more did this be more decent keepers to go around, but why would one sell to another club unless u was forced too ( thats why concerns is good) stops people hogging players so other teams remain substandard, but we all need back up for other positions and a 21 man squad we all know that! and to what extent that backup can be / or be allowed.

i have this problem a cb(89) got injured be out for 9 weeks is ok i have a cb(88) to replace him for the cups etc but he got injured out for 4 weeks

league is 12 games into season and cups are happening i have 5 players in me 1st team squad who can play cb, so now i have a few options sign another, and risk him / others getting concerns, loan a player, but decent loan players have dried up incase they get concerns i feel, or 3 what i will prob do play a youth player there!

concerns are good but limit your options too.

i just worried that's the way they is now.

guess now u cannot have a squad of 21 (that u need must have) of the best players that u can buy / find to sign ( not that i have a squad like that or intend too) within reason of course.

maybe instead of concerns to stop this they should of brought in a 1st team max wage bill then u would not be able to sign like 10 defenders all over 92 for an example. and which they have set rating to link with wages be easy to work out.

plus u also need to cover injuries / bans which is not even considered from the concerns view of things!

that is if u want to compete on all fronts that is! which we all do.

been mentioned before fitness levels of players and not being able to play the 3 games a week of course. so if u want to play ur best team in a cup they will miss the game before and after the cup games why i asked before if data from previous seasons includes these matches not that the career shows them as games played

one player i have concerns for age 23 Rt 89

played 21 games last season 6 as sub but he played in most cup games to i think 5 or 6 so say he made 26 apps but due to low fitness he could not play in 10 league games at least as he had played in the cups

career stats for previous seasons i no sure about how many cup game he did play but i know he did play a few says 23 (0) / 28 (2) / 36 (0)

this season 6 starts of 11 in league and 1 cup game and he was injured / unfit for the rest. so i doubt if these games while a player unfit but not injured and cannot play in are being disregarded towards concerns and feel they should be!

also i have noticed some players after a league game on 100% fail to get to above 90% before the next, while others do which means he cannot really start the next game and this should be taken into account to i feel.

maybe instead of concerns to stop this they should of brought in a 1st team max wage bill then u would not be able to sign like 10 defenders all over 92 for an example. and which they have set rating to link with wages be easy to work out.

this sounds like a good idea to stop player hogging........

this was looked at and it wouldnt help.

even as 6 cb's was the limit which is hardly a lot. it is the minimum as you need 2 to start

2 for cups and 2 for injuries.

if they had vidic , ferdinand, terry, puyol, chieliini and pique

and this was repeated for the midfield and forwards you would see that again at least one team in the setup will have players of very high rating and who may only get 1 or 2 games a season,

this was looked at and it wouldnt help.

even as 6 cb's was the limit which is hardly a lot. it is the minimum as you need 2 to start

2 for cups and 2 for injuries.

if they had vidic ' date=' ferdinand, terry, puyol, chieliini and pique

and this was repeated for the midfield and forwards you would see that again at least one team in the setup will have players of very high rating and who may only get 1 or 2 games a season,[/quote']

CHIELLINI is on roughly 60k+ a week rated (94)

so if u times that by 6 = 360k

now for example ALEX SILVA, Sandro cb (88) is on £28,050

ALTINTOP, Hamit rm/rb (90) is on £44,400 if he was cb he be on the same wage

so u be allowed 2 x 60k + 2 x 44k + 2 x £28 k = 264k which almost 100k less than what u need to have backup as good as the first squad this just a quick example just to make myself clear but is an idea of how it could work!

But I'm afraid concerns have already been introduced :rolleyes:

To be honest I quite like the concerns (maybe because I haven't really been affected). It allows you a lot of flexibility whilst still cracking down on squads with excessive amounts of good players. Any sort of cap is too strict in my opinion as a good manager can make a large squad or a highly rated squad work effectively without concerns being a problem. There are still features to be ironed out with the feature (concerns immediately after rating changes especially) but I don't see any major problems with it.

But I'm afraid concerns have already been introduced :rolleyes:

To be honest I quite like the concerns (maybe because I haven't really been affected). It allows you a lot of flexibility whilst still cracking down on squads with excessive amounts of good players. Any sort of cap is too strict in my opinion as a good manager can make a large squad or a highly rated squad work effectively without concerns being a problem. There are still features to be ironed out with the feature (concerns immediately after rating changes especially) but I don't see any major problems with it.

indeed they have..... i too like the concerns idea.

the questions what is a squad with excessive amounts of good players? (is very vague)

a large squad (people have different ideas on what is a large squad)

would u say a squad of all players most on 89 in div 1 is excessive.

and would they all expect to play max amount of games!

it will only be good managers who can have a large all star squad.

if thats the case then they not stopping player hogging at all!

indeed they have..... i too like the concerns idea.

the questions what is a squad with excessive amounts of good players? (is very vague)

a large squad (people have different ideas on what is a large squad)

would u say a squad of all players most on 89 in div 1 is excessive.

and would they all expect to play max amount of games!

it will only be good managers who can have a large all star squad.

if thats the case then they not stopping player hogging at all!

I don't think managers need a first and second team all on the same ratings. I try and get a strong first eleven, a second eleven between 1 and 3 ratings below that and then youths and risers on top of this. I have 1 concern in 5 teams and it didn't develop whilst I've been managing the side.

I'd say it was inappropriate for a club to have several teams of the same rating. This isn't necessary at all, even if you think you need first, cup and reserve teams. A large squad isn't a problem in my opinion. No-one can manage a massive squad of players all on the same rating but I'm finding it easy to cope with 100 players. I don't think player hogging is an issue but star hogging certainly is. Unfortunately by how concerns have been programmed, a team with no stars can still develop concerns but it's still very easy to navigate in my opinion.

I don't think managers need a first and second team all on the same ratings. I try and get a strong first eleven' date=' a second eleven between 1 and 3 ratings below that and then youths and risers on top of this. I have 1 concern in 5 teams and it didn't develop whilst I've been managing the side.

I'd say it was inappropriate for a club to have several teams of the same rating. This isn't necessary at all, even if you think you need first, cup and reserve teams. A large squad isn't a problem in my opinion. No-one can manage a massive squad of players all on the same rating but I'm finding it easy to cope with 100 players. I don't think player hogging is an issue but star hogging certainly is. Unfortunately by how concerns have been programmed, a team with no stars can still develop concerns but it's still very easy to navigate in my opinion.[/quote']

i have made this point before of that u need now due to concerns a lower rated 2nd string no matter which team u manage / players u have

prob is thou..

say one has a star line up and one don't then the one who don't has to have a worse 2nd team to, than the one with the stars and is always playing 2nd fiddle.

which ain't exactly fair is it!

i not really got major concerns for players highest level 2

few that i do have are becoz before concerns was brought in they had not played much season before and these figures was used!

the other is a riser and same with him games are being taken from previous to his rise!

concerns are good but there are quite a few issues i feel with them still.

the fact that two different rated players will be treated the same in different squads if they is one of the highest rated players.

i do understand that then all levels will be affected, but someone who manages a real lower league club. may get as many concerns as guy who has a star studded squad.

do loan games played count coz if they don't not much point loaning a player out and i not saying this to get around concerns.

more like when cups are over maybe i can loan a few of them out to help others. like i have done in the past. but now i thinking not a good idea till i know if they do or don't and the cup data needs to be added to the career stats that not hard for Sm to do surely.

Guest Raines

It’s all very well people saying ‘you need a lower rated backup team’ but what do you do when you get inevitable injuries? Play your second best players for weeks? Until I start getting level 3 or 4 concerns I’m not going to change my team. SM need to think this through a bit more.

It’s all very well people saying ‘you need a lower rated backup team’ but what do you do when you get inevitable injuries? Play your second best players for weeks? Until I start getting level 3 or 4 concerns I’m not going to change my team. SM need to think this through a bit more.

Try and loan players in? Or just play your lower rated players. They often do brilliantly. I've used Neymar in my side (average rating 89) when I've had injuries or players low on fitness and he's got 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 appearances. This is playing up front and in AM.

Guest Raines

Try and loan players in? Or just play your lower rated players. They often do brilliantly. I've used Neymar in my side (average rating 89) when I've had injuries or players low on fitness and he's got 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 appearances. This is playing up front and in AM.

When I play teams like Chelsea with an average starting XI rating of 92 play my 85 or 86 rated players if I've got injuries? I don't think I'll be doing that somehow.