Player Concerns (please read the Online Help if looking for help)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Player Concerns

What level of concern are they on? If it is low then its kind of a moot issue as they should get their rating increase before there is any risk of them leaving. So it is presumably high?

If you really don't want to risk giving them match time now then your only solution at the moment is to pack them off on loan to someone who will play them every game.

If they are not due for a review in the closing weeks of your season I wouldn't worry about those few weeks as they won't count for anything.

It's level 1. But it's still a worry, as Leandro Euzébio went from level 1 to level 3 in a very short timespan in GC1 before going back down when I played them.

I had a few players blast their way to a Level 4 concern but this was from when the feature was in its infancy. Concerns have slowed right down now.

If you sign a player now and don't play him, you would be looking at the better part of a real life year before they reached a Level 5 concern.

not an option as otherwise you would shortlist players purely to make them deveolp concerns.

but i think we should be able to view the player concerns seperately' date=' would definately help i feel :)

thanks for the feedback anyway :)[/quote']

Maybe only players with a concern level of 2 or higher could be affected by the interest from another club...

TBH the whole concern thing is pretty slow anyway - I have players in a Scottish championship that haven't played in two full seasons but got no concerns

As the prem league are going to introduce a 25 player squad cap next season, with unlimited under 21 year olds - are we going to get rid of player concerns and go with that instead as SM strive to be as realistic as possible in all aspects of the game?

As the prem league are going to introduce a 25 player squad cap next season' date=' with unlimited under 21 year olds - are we going to get rid of player concerns and go with that instead as SM strive to be as realistic as possible in all aspects of the game?[/quote']

Not a good idea. SM has at least twice as many games a week as the PL on average and I believe the PL is the only world league where this is being implemented. I realise your point may have been tongue in cheek but SM can't be completely realistic.

Not a good idea. SM has at least twice as many games a week as the PL on average and I believe the PL is the only world league where this is being implemented. I realise your point may have been tongue in cheek but SM can't be completely realistic.

well, what this is soccer manager not english premier league manager.

also players will still want to leave with that 25 player squad cap in place.

players will still request transfers for various reasons.

i cant see players like de rossi / essien or other players of high quality being happy to sit on the bench but happy cos ooh look im named as part of the 25 man squad (but get no game time) :D

well' date=' what this is soccer manager not english premier league manager.

also players will still want to leave with that 25 player squad cap in place.

players will still request transfers for various reasons.

i cant see players like de rossi / essien or other players of high quality being happy to sit on the bench but happy cos ooh look im named as part of the 25 man squad (but get no game time) :D[/quote']

That's what I'm saying. I believe concerns are much more effective than a cap in cutting down excessive squads and that the system has the potential to work very well with some refining.

That's what I'm saying. I believe concerns are much more effective than a cap in cutting down excessive squads and that the system has the potential to work very well with some refining.

i agree, squad caps mean we cant buy risers and still hog players.

eg i play 3-3-4.

i need at least 8 forwards to cover for cup games AND ideally 10 incase 2 injuries as the minimum !

10 forwards = more than enough places to steal the best players :)

same goes for the i need 12 midfielders for the 3-5-2 argument.

and 12 defenders.

so basically we solve nothing with a squad cap.

I have a MAJOR GROUSE with Player Concerns I have today found this for this first time:-

"Marco BORRIELLO has handed in his transfer request from Liverpool"

My problem IS I would be very interested in buying him, so thanks SM for this "Headline" BUT........

Marco BORRIELLO now has a Morale of 0 YES ZERO!

Concerned about his lack of games (Requested Transfer)

Level 5 (Date: 21 May 2010)

Requested Transfer due to multiple high level concerns

Thank you SM BUT NO THANKS, aren't you just ruining players by reducing their morale 5 times before putting him on the market?

I have a MAJOR GROUSE with Player Concerns I have today found this for this first time:-

My problem IS I would be very interested in buying him' date=' so thanks SM for this "Headline" [b']BUT........[/b]

Thank you SM BUT NO THANKS, aren't you just ruining players by reducing their morale 5 times before putting him on the market?

maybe it increases if they sign for a new club ?

it should be the case if not already anyway :P

also player morale dosn't make too much difference so id buy him anyway but you raise a good point :)

hopefully a transfer re-sets the morale

"hopefully a transfer re-sets the morale " Doubt it or they would have told us so BUT I await someone reporting this...... might be waiting a long time though ............ zzzzzzz ..........

well' date=' maybe an SM dev or somebody can help us out on here :P ?

i feel sorry for a guy in my league who has to get rid of iniesta, fabregas, modric, gourcuff, young :eek: hehe

iniesta ? surely he can get into any first team easily :P ?

there are idiots who allow eto and maicon to become unhappy with a fresh inter.

thats just unbelivably stupid management tbh.

As the prem league are going to introduce a 25 player squad cap next season' date=' with unlimited under 21 year olds - are we going to get rid of player concerns and go with that instead as SM strive to be as realistic as possible in all aspects of the game?[/quote']

Its not a cap on the players you can own, just a cap on the squad that can be named. I would not object to having to name a 25 man squad at the start of the season.

My problem IS I would be very interested in buying him' date=' so thanks SM for this "Headline" [b']BUT........[/b]

As has been said his morale will increase. Concerns are just an extension of morale. Sign him and his morale should go up as his concerns will be over.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "being loaned out" concern?

Not trying to be funny but...recall them.

If you already have, the loan concern stays with them a little while so that people don't just recall them and immediately send them out again. It will go away after a little while.

Guest Phill

Its not a cap on the players you can own' date=' just a cap on the squad that can be named. I would not object to having to name a 25 man squad at the start of the season.

As has been said his morale will increase. Concerns are just an extension of morale. Sign him and his morale should go up as his concerns will be over.

Not trying to be funny but...recall them.

If you already have, the loan concern stays with them a little while so that people don't just recall them and immediately send them out again. It will go away after a little while.[/quote']

Yeh I already did. So I don't have to play him then? :)

I like player concerns, have been looking forward to picking some players up from teams who hogg way more top players than they need.

Problem is, it's not strict enough yet. I haven't seen anyone go over level 2 concern in my setup, and lots of Level 2's have dropped back to level 1.

Still waiting.....

Problem is' date=' it's not strict enough yet. I haven't seen anyone go over level 2 concern in my setup, and lots of Level 2's have dropped back to level 1.

Still waiting.....[/quote']

some people complain its to strict, just remembre in reality it woudl take a season or two minimum before a player wants a transfer and even then it may not happen.

so it will take time, youll haave to be patient but i dont think it would be sensible to increase the rates of player concerns tbh

Guest Raines

With one of my squads (average rating 86) I had a player (rated 86) with a level two "lack of games" concern. This season he has started 16 games out of a possible 17 in the league and his concern has gone down to level one. Hope this gives some people a better idea of how long it takes to lower a concern.

I like player concerns' date=' have been looking forward to picking some players up from teams who hogg way more top players than they need.

Problem is, it's not strict enough yet. I haven't seen anyone go over level 2 concern in my setup, and lots of Level 2's have dropped back to level 1.

Still waiting.....[/quote']

i bought a player,when i want to put it in senior squad i find it difficult can anybody explain it to me how can i switch the player to senior squad pls pls help me.

I currently have both Shay Given and Hugo Lloris in my squad.

If i rotate them both in league games' date=' i.e they play 19 games each per season, will they both avoid getting concerned?[/quote']

hmm i dont think soo.... but its impossible to say.

howeever, lloris should get 92 and that means just sell given and improve other areas of your team :P

you don't need 2 world class GK'S.

but no i dont think they would get concerned but an idea would be this:

if you start lloris sub frey on at some point in the game and vice versa. that way one player starts but the other always gets sub appearances every other game :)